Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

How much difference would everybody voting make? It'd be the same results with larger vote counts. I'd like to see higher voting numbers, but I'm not convinced it'd change anything. And as for Trump...if America had had a better alternative to choose, his Presidency would probably be more upsetting to everybody.

What Hillary did is nothing close to treason because she wasn't working for a hostile foreign nation. Despicable, yes. Treason, no.

Also, bringing up Hillary- again- is the last line of defense for Trump supporters when you realize you can't defend his actions. What Hillary did or did not do is irrelevant to this conversation because Hillary is not the president of the United States, Trump is.

I love how according to Ngata its just liberals who are in a tizzy because Trump may have sold us out to Russia. Newsflash bud, lots of conservatives are also "in a tizzy" over possible treason. What

Hillary did is wrong- morally- but unfortunately not legally. We need to fix the laws in order to fix that. What Trump did- if these accusations are true- is flat out treason.

Also, the amount of moving the goalposts in these types of arguments by the is too damn much. "There was no Russian collusion." "Well it may have been a little, but hey! Hillary's a bad person lets bring her up again!" "You know, America does this sort of thing all the time! Why are we upset about Russia possibly trying to install their own dude as President of our country? Just chill, everyone, we're all at fault, there are good people on both sides."

Or you have people like Tucker Carlson who claim the real rigging of the elections is illegal Mexicans voting in the elections for the Democrats, and that Mexico is far worse issue than Russia.

With evidence we have right now do you believe that the Russians had a bigger impact on the election than the Democrats did?

With the indictments Ive read, Russians not only bolstered Trumps campaign (but obviously the target bei the nominee for the only other party that matters) but also Bernies and Jill Steins. Even with that fact, all people talk about is Trump loves Russia.

And to think Russia wouldnt have even had to do anything if the DNC wasnt full of corrupt pieces of shit.

Id much rather weed out the domestic terrorists before we set our sights on the international ones their time will come.

That is the truth. Again bit parties do dumb shit, and it is all moot because we will be stuck with the same system. People in both parties would rather argue their person over the other guy instead of fix shit that matters.

I want to see the evidence from the Mueller report to see if Trump had help from Russia. If it turns out he did then the entire republican party looks like shit, but a lot are condemning him so they are already in some sort of damage mode

If he didn't the Democrats look dumb and give the Republicans even more ammunition and we get to here FAKE NEWS even more now. Boy oh boy ,what a prize.

From the moment it was Hillary and Trump as our two leading candidates it was bound to be a complete and utter shit show no matter who won, and boy has it delivered. That is why young people are checking out of politics in droves. This has just reaffirmed that both parties and the system in general, as it sits, must be abandoned.

Devine has been in the game for a long time. Strategist/Advisor for Kerry.... Gore... Sanders. Id be interested to see those contents.

The funniest part would be if it's just a play by Mueller to keep trump off his back. Probably not the case, but I wouldn't rule it out 100% given how crazy everything is now.

I think it's clear that Trump has monetized the presidency but how unprecedented is it? Trump is just bad at it. He's clumsy and he has a big bragadocious mouth and unfortunately for him, so do most of the people closest to him. I kind of appreciate how their stupidity is going to result in Manafort possibly finally facing some consequences.

I would say when you look at it, you would actually have a much better argument of Trump being controlled by Israel in regards of his policy towards Iran. It's also clear he's been influenced by Saudi money. The Russians may have hacked the DNC server and leaked documents but 1. I'm glad they leaked the corruption in the DNC 2. It happened because of incompetence. If Trump get impeeched due to FCC violations that could be a massive victory for the American People. It sets a precedent and it cements an issue that is already very much in the collective conciousness of damn near every American regardless of political affiliation.

People are suing the DNC too. There's a significant push for change and revolution. It might not be organized the best but running a campaign on big money is starting to become something that swings elections. The fact that people are choosing grass roots politicians more and more it's a very good sign. I think it's also resulting in a push for third parties on both sides that's silently and slowly gaining momentum which is incredible.

Edited by seanbrock

Trump and the EU announce they are are back to the table in trade talks... EU will be buying more soybeans, LNG. No new tariffs for now. Trump backed off a bit on some of his demands and good stuff happens.

It doesn't matter what anyone says, this will help him in the midwest, where he was facing a lot of heat from farmers. It's only one step though, a lot more needs to be done and ACTUALLY accomplished.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

What a great president, solving a problem that he created in a way that accomplishes nothing for the US. You are correct though, those idiots that depend on the farms probably will still support him because of it.

• Downvote 2

You are right in the fact that it was a problem he created... But to his credit, at least he took the trade deficits seriously. Every other president literally ignores them.

I would much rather a President try to fix something, it not work out then they fix that mistake... then to just ignore the problem all together.

He attacked the deficits as if they were the cause of the problem, when in reality they are the result of other bad decisions -- namely bloated government and spending of money we don't have.

End the Fed. Shrink Government... Trade deficits will take care of themselves.

EDIT: Also, I detest your " those idiots that rely on family farms".

As I told other people who don't live here and are ignorant of the problems / issues that matter to farmers... Hillary didn't speak to those people, she didn't care about them or their interests. She didn't even do what other politicians do and lie about it. She just flat out didn't care.

Most of these farmers knew Trump was a risky proposition, but he actually talked about things that they cared about.

The result? At least here in Iowa was Trump taking a state Obama won by 6 points and crushing Hillary's soul by 10 points. 16 point flip doesn't happen just by accident.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Given that literally anyone who knew anything about the topic told him that it would play out exactly how it did...I'm not giving him props just for trying something. There's a reason presidents have advisors who theoretically are experts in their field.

And the fact that they called him a "risky" proposition is because they are stupid. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could tell what he was. But they're dumb. If they weren't dumb, they wouldn't have needed Hillary to spoon-feed them reasons as to why trump was going to be unable to deliver on what he said he would. It was obvious to not-dumb people.

Also, Republicans are banned from talking about not being able to afford things for the rest of eternity after that tax cut. Thank you, have a good night.

Yeah because all presidents listen to their advisors, they never go against what they say. How did that trans-pacific partnership thing play out, wasn't that something Obama pushed for with much veracity, much to the Chagrin of his cabinet.

As to being dumb, you liberals don't get to speak about being dumb ever again. You read your own election, to elect a person that more than half of the country literally two tests. Then you guys allow her to run on the dumbest platform known to mankind, tell white guys it's our fault for all of the problems of the country, and then flip flop on every major stance that you've ever taken in history, so that way you can play to the ear of the crowd. And yet she's the liberal Messiah, you guys are absolute morons.

See how that generalizing thing works? Which is funny because I thought you liberals were in general against that, because if I were to say anything that generalize the black community in a negative light, I'm pretty sure I'd be a racist, ableist, misogynist, right-wing nut. But you guys still around generalizations all willy nilly, and it's for the good of all mankind.

And speaking of stupid, all those idiots that rely on Family Farms? That's almost all of us, stupid, unless you have a garden and grow your own food. Jesus Christ, like 98% of this country relies on those Family Farms so are you lumping yourself in with those idiots that rely on a farm?

I really hope that you're much more approachable guy in real life. There's a reason why that when you left we were able to have several civil discussions in here, and then you come back and the mudslinging starts again. Imagine that. You are so incredibly entitled that it is ridiculous.

Edited by Omerta

Farmers voted for Trump because he earned their votes by actually paying attention to them, as opposed to Hillary pretending they didn't exist. I dare say a whopping 1.5% of the population surely is the reason Donald Trump got elected, and not the fascist radical leftism that has overtaken the public perception of the Democrat party.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Broke: Farmers liked trump because he paid attention to them.

Woke: Farmers were too dumb to recognize the most obvious conman in history.

Also "fascist radical leftism." Fucking lol

Idk where else to put this as it isn't worth it's own thread... Facebook stock tumbled close to 20% overnight... Down 40 dollars and with a snap of your fingers Mark Zuckerburg lost $20B.

Apparently "user growth was bad." Which makes sense since Facebook is apparently really unpopular among the current young'ins. Instagram was supposed to be their hedge against that, but clearly it hasn't worked well enough for now.

Broke: Farmers liked trump because he paid attention to them.

Woke: Farmers were too dumb to recognize the most obvious conman in history.

Also "fascist radical leftism." Fucking lol

What else would you call it?

Idk theres something about pre judging people youve never met and referring to them as those idiots who rely on family farms that doesnt scream dignity or respect to me.

Very hypocritical .

Theres a point where you have to practice what you preach otherwise nobody is going to take you seriously.

Farmers also feel the brunt of high taxes, too, so they're naturally going to be conservative. Either we take out huge loans and make consistent purchases for business or we hand Uncle Sam a ridiculous amount of the money we earned.

Either maintain debt or have most of your money stolen from you. Pretty shitty.

And yeah, treating other humans with respect and dignity involves compelled perspectives and trained thought. Treating other humans with respect and dignity involves disrupting speeches by conservatives with petulant, childish outbursts and narcissism driven, ironic "marches." Treating other humans with respect and dignity involves hurling terms like "Nazi" and "White Supremacist" at any individual we disagree with, especially when the facts side with their perspectives.

Come up for air, blots.

Idk theres something about pre judging people youve never met and referring to them as those idiots who rely on family farms that doesnt scream dignity or respect to me.

Very hypocritical .

Theres a point where you have to practice what you preach otherwise nobody is going to take you seriously.

The ones who voted for donald trump because they thought he'd solve their problems? They're dumb. What should I say? He was so obviously lying in 2016 and he's done exactly what it was obvious he'd do. If you fell for that, you're dumb. Not to mention this assumes they voted for him out of "economic anxiety" which is basically a meme at this point. They voted for an idiot racist to be president. Did you even click that "paradox of tolerance" link?

And yeah, treating other humans with respect and dignity involves compelled perspectives and trained thought. Treating other humans with respect and dignity involves disrupting speeches by conservatives with petulant, childish outbursts and narcissism driven, ironic "marches." Treating other humans with respect and dignity involves hurling terms like "Nazi" and "White Supremacist" at any individual we disagree with, especially when the facts side with their perspectives.

This is the least self-aware thing I've ever read. Simply astounding.

The paradox of tolerance is stupid for a number of reasons. This is not to say we should not tolerate each other because we'll...we have too.

The first reason is because in that link and in poppers other written works he maintains the standard of tolerance is a criteria arbitrarily interpreted by societal norms. Not conducive to minorities or people with different idieas getting their own shake really.

The second is that the paradox of tolerance is a paradox of a paradox because it allows people be intolerant carte blanche because it is justified by standing your ground, and is covered under an umbrella of of tolerance. So really the intolerant are intolerant but it's ok because other people are. There is no tolerance there at all.

The third is that it completely neglects the fact that there is no hard proof of subjective feelings. You can't prove how you feel is the right way to do things with any sort of definitive evidence. So without a starting point to all agree on it is left up to the individual to interpret societal norms. Which in it of itself means that the collective is separate individuals who interpret everything different, so there is no starting point to "norms".

If we go by that transgenders don't have rights because they are normal and animals don't chew off their genitals, so really they are the only things on Earth that dispute their born gender.

I have encountered this argument several times and what it is, is for people to be an asshole but absolve themselves because "society would approve." Which in this case is obviously not the case because the majority of people thought Trump would be better, so are the people who voted for him the people who set societal standards? If that's the case you are the intolerant one.

....Weird.

• Upvote 1

The ones who voted for donald trump because they thought he'd solve their problems? They're dumb. What should I say? He was so obviously lying in 2016 and he's done exactly what it was obvious he'd do. If you fell for that, you're dumb. Not to mention this assumes they voted for him out of "economic anxiety" which is basically a meme at this point. They voted for an idiot racist to be president. Did you even click that "paradox of tolerance" link?

This is the least self-aware thing I've ever read. Simply astounding.

I've heard and read about it before. I think you are the one who needs to do some reading. Popper is clearly talking about the extremes of intolerance and how they should not be tolerated.

He isn't talking about farmers in the Midwest.

You're applying something you don't understand to people you don't understand.

You might be worse than Trump.

EDIT: Thinking about it more, I think that paradox applies more to you. You are literally one of the most intolerant people I have ever "met". Anywhere. Real life, internet... I think it applies to you, because it is our duty to call you out on that. We shouldn't be tolerant of your obvious and radical intolerance otherwise we will all fall to your intolerant ways. You are who Popper is talking about. The irony is so thick.. ha.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Also, there is talk of Trump possibly lifting the federal ban on marijuana. Getting to be louder and louder talk too. If it happens, he will probably use it as a chip during his re-election. Or maybe even midterms.