Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

And the fact that they called him a "risky" proposition is because they are stupid. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could tell what he was. But they're dumb. If they weren't dumb, they wouldn't have needed Hillary to spoon-feed them reasons as to why trump was going to be unable to deliver on what he said he would. It was obvious to not-dumb people.

Look man, I'm with you but this is the reason Dems are losing with labor/workers. There's a big difference between an information gap and being stupid. I imagine being a farmer is way fucking harder than you think and I'm not just talking physically. To be fair to Hillary it's not entirely her fault that Democrats aren't reaching working class people. She's not the only person who took the party as far right as it is today although she is a major culprate.

Also, there is talk of Trump possibly lifting the federal ban on marijuana. Getting to be louder and louder talk too. If it happens, he will probably use it as a chip during his re-election. Or maybe even midterms.

Republicans cannot afford to be against Net Neutrality AND weed can they? Idk man the Democrats are so dumb and corrupt they might just pull it off. :yao: Edited by seanbrock

This is the least self-aware thing I've ever read. Simply astounding.

This would surprise me, but I always figured you didn't proofread

Edited by BwareDWare94

Between the WikiLeaks releases and what Trump's financial guy could reveal and what Manafort could reveal we could really have the ammunition for a real political revolution. We're starting to see it already. Here's hoping this troubled time leads to a better future.

Incels are dumb but people talk about toxic masculinity as if that's the inherent problem. It's a symptom of a few things, all of which also contribute to piece of shit female human beings as well.

I can recognize there are societal factors at play with that behavior but the majority of men aren't even close to that pathetic, tells me it has more to do with how those individuals grew up (parenting, how they socialized at school, how those two things affected their interpretation of the aforementioned societal factors, possibly how their genetics affected all those things... So complex).

I don't take the term toxic masculinity seriously. I saw a movie preview that highlighted it will have a lot of "taboo" concepts, including "toxic masculinity" and "fragile male egos". The irony behind the last one is precious. Plenty of people are insecure and they make that other people's problems but again, the majority of men aren't shitbags. Just another term to reinforce victim culture.

Edited by OSUViking

Toxic Masculinity is just another thing that doesn't actually exist. Unless someone can tell me what Toxic Femininity is, Toxic Masculinity doesn't exist.

If one pole exists, so does the other.

Half of the topics discussed in today's world, especially by liberal voters, are fabricated, vague, all-encompassing terms that we can't even study and correct. Because they're not actually real. You know your perspective is flawed when you have to turn to made up, un-provable terminology as the basis of your argument. It's their religion, for Pete's sake.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Maybe first we should discuss what masculine is. If toxic masculinity means you're basically a bully then yeah we could do without that. I just can't get behind the idea of it being a bad thing to be a man.

Maybe first we should discuss what masculine is. If toxic masculinity means you're basically a bully then yeah we could do without that. I just can't get behind the idea of it being a bad thing to be a man.

It's a multi-faceted concept, but it has to be so they can apply it to strictly men. If it just meant a guy is a bully...well there are bullies/abusers among both sexes.

And it's only a bad thing to be a man until a woman actually wants a mate. Then she wants that dominant male type. At no point in human history will most women be fucking the doormat males worshiping at their feet.

The term has roots in what people describe as traits expected of men that are harmful to both men and women. That's a fair term imo, and there's the argument that there are traits "expected" of women that are harmful for both sexes. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to agree with the terms, but those applications aren't so far fetched.

But that's not how they're used. A dude is an asshole now and it's because society promotes "toxic masculinity". No, the dude is just an asshole. A classic example of people warping a term and applying it's stigma across the entire demographic. Same thing happens with feminism. Not all, and in fact most feminists I know, are the toxic shitters you see ranting about patriarchy and toxic masculinity. But some of them have warped the term.

Kinda looking at it from both sides. People broadstroke men a lot these says, but especially with movements like MGTOW and MRA I see them applying the same bullshit logic to women.

• Upvote 1

No, I get how these terms came to be. I just don't think these are real phenomenons so much as, like you mentioned, assholes and bad people.

There are shitty realities of our world that we want answers to. So we make up answers. Toxic Masculinity isn't a real thing. That doesn't mean we can't attempt to raise children better collectively, but there will always be the dregs at the bottom of the cup.

Edited by BwareDWare94

32.6 trillion for the Medicare for all lol.

Nope that is thankfully not going to happen anytime soon.... Or ever thank God.

Theres no way that deal gets done and I come out ahead. Take away my premiums but charge me even more in taxes ? Lol no. Fuck you government.

People will have healthcare but shanty towns are going to come back bigger than ever. People struggle to live now how are they supposed get by giving half their paycheck to big brother?

Ive said before Id be open to a similar system if its foundation is strong and built on a winning formula.

This isnt that.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, there have been multiple reports done with very similar cost estimates as this one so I dont really buy rhetoric of the other side that this is only looking bad because its partially funded by the Koch Brothers.

Bernies people have never done a cost analysis themselves and I think theres an easy reason as to why that hasnt happened.

But youre totally right abot costs overall, weve had that discussion previously. Needs to be put into check.

I'm against paying doctors less money lol.

Doctors deserve every cent they make. It's medical insurance that is way out of hand.

Trump has completely fucked our relations with Iran. I think it's at the behest of Israel, not Putin and Russia. This is irrefutable proof that we need campaign finance reform. What Trump is doing isn't unprecedented imo, just very sloppy. I want progressives to turn this Russia narrative into ammunition to get money out of politics. That would be enormously popular and if you ran on that you would win elections. Force the issues into the conversation. Instead I fear that most elected Democrats will be competing for who can be the most hawkish in regards to Russia. Not good. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

Edited by seanbrock

Trump has completely fucked our relations with Iran. I think it's at the behest of Israel, not Putin and Russia. This is irrefutable proof that we need campaign finance reform. What Trump is doing isn't unprecedented imo, just very sloppy. I want progressives to turn this Russia narrative into ammunition to get money out of politics. That would be enormously popular and if you ran on that you would win elections. Force the issues into the conversation. Instead I fear that most elected Democrats will be competing for who can be the most hawkish in regards to Russia. Not good. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

So this is a serious question man. What is your beef with Democrats? I have read your statements, and God knows I agree with you, I'm no fan of the democratic party myself. however, it seems that you give that party an inordinate amount of attention, when they are just as evil as their counterparts.

All the problems facing us today are a direct result of the two-party system, and to a more significant degree gerrymandering. Again you're not going to get any argument out of me that we need campaign reform, and definitely need to eliminate the overwhelming majority of campaign Finance. I think they should all be given an equal amount of money, and that's what you get. No more packs, no more Super Pacs, and really bite this lobbying thing in the butt.

I'm not trying to argue with you, because I think your point is entirely valid, except for that our relations with Iran is at the behest of Israel. To be fair we've never really had great relations with Iran, so I don't think Israel is all of the sudden telling us how to dictate our foreign policy with Iran. It's been terrible going back decades. That said, everything else you said is on point, I just wonder why Republicans don't try as much IR from you as Democrats? And again, I'm not questioning which party you belong to come where your political beliefs, I'm just wondering why that is?

Doctors deserve every cent they make. It's medical insurance that is way out of hand.

I think that was tongue-in-cheek since his wife is a doctor, IIRC. :p

• Upvote 1

If you look at policy overall, Trump has really went out of his way to make sure were strengthening our relationship with Israel. A lot of Trumps people are major zionists.

I think that was tongue-in-cheek since his wife is a doctor, IIRC. :p

That and I read it wrong. Or he edited it. Not sure.

Why? So one of the leading donators to gun safety classes, hunters safety, conservation of wildlife,national parks, and forestry and wetlands, can go out...

Pass.

Contrary to popular belief the NRA doesn't kill people. Rest assured they will go nowhere, a LOT of their big donors donated. I just put a substantial sum in them to make sure I do my part as well as a lot of business owners.

People saying the NRA is responsible for gun deaths are the same kind of people who say planned Parenthood mass murder children.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1