Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Alex Jones is in a weird spot. It wasn't too long ago that Alex Jones was right on a lot of things that people were saying, and a lot of things that we didn't know about. He actually broke ground on a few stories that were important, so I kind of just accepted Alex Jones saying crazy stuff, because everyone once and again he was right.

I think the Sandy Hook debacle was the beginning of the end for Alex Jones. You cannot say the things that he said and expect to get away with them. I for one do not subscribe to the notion that Sandy Hook was a fraud, I believe those poor children did die that day. That being said I don't see how him saying that is any different than saying 911 was a conspiracy. I believe 9/11 actually happened, and I can't say for certain that our government orchestrated it.

I don't mind Facebook banning Alex Jones, or even YouTube, but I definitely think he has grounds for a lawsuit. it would be really hard to argue that he is not being discriminated against when you consider the reform or offencive Facebook and YouTube channels out there.

Edited by Omerta

This is the reason the Constitution is a flexible document. There is no way anyone living in that time could have envisioned the internet and social media and smart phones. Think about the way people have communicated since like 2010. Think about the fact that the guy who owns Facebook wants to run for president. We should be Democratic if we're going to limit speech to this level.

Look at all that cash fresh off the printing press for the new NDAA.

I love war!!!!

We're going to war with Iran. I wouldn't rule out Venezuela or Syria either. We still won't leave Afghanistan or Iraq or any other countries. There are some pretty strong grass roots movements in the works right now though so there is still hope.

Alex Jones is in a weird spot. It wasn't too long ago that Alex Jones was right on a lot of things that people were saying, and a lot of things that we didn't know about. He actually broke ground on a few stories that were important, so I kind of just accepted Alex Jones saying crazy stuff, because everyone once and again he was right.

I think the Sandy Hook debacle was the beginning of the end for Alex Jones. You cannot say the things that he said and expect to get away with them. I for one do not subscribe to the notion that Sandy Hook was a fraud, I believe those poor children did die that day. That being said I don't see how him saying that is any different than saying 911 was a conspiracy. I believe 9/11 actually happened, and I can't say for certain that our government orchestrated it.

I don't mind Facebook banning Alex Jones, or even YouTube, but I definitely think he has grounds for a lawsuit. it would be really hard to argue that he is not being discriminated against when you consider the reform or offencive Facebook and YouTube channels out there.

Alex Jones has been a nutjob for a long time, dude. "Water turning the frogs gay" was a long awhile ago.

That said, I too have an issue with shutting him down. A) I think it backfires, I think it makes more people want to know what he's saying and B) I don't like it from a personal level. I don't think a society that censors people who have nutty ideas is going down a good path.

Censorship is always wrong, period. Stupidity of the level Alex Jones espouses is its own disinfectant. Let him make an ass of himself.

• Upvote 1

Alex Jones has been a nutjob for a long time, dude. "Water turning the frogs gay" was a long awhile ago.

That said, I too have an issue with shutting him down. A) I think it backfires, I think it makes more people want to know what he's saying and B) I don't like it from a personal level. I don't think a society that censors people who have nutty ideas is going down a good path.

Alex Jones wasn't banned for "water turns the frogs gay." He was banned for "hey, these parents whose kids died are lying. I'm not saying you guys should attack them, but here is there address." Also "theres a child brothel under this random pizza place. I'm not saying one of you should go shoot it up but..." He is directly inciting violence. And again, this wasn't the government censoring him. Its facebook telling him to take his speech elsewhere.

gay people have once again resorting to name-calling and trolling on Twitter this time telling actor Ruby Rose that she was not gay enough to play Batwoman.

What a bunch of ladyboy cunts. The lgbtq community is one of the most intolerant groups of people in this country. they're little gangs when again, I can't wait until the celebrity has enough nuts to tell him to go get fucked.

gay people have once again resorting to name-calling and trolling on Twitter this time telling actor Ruby Rose that she was not gay enough to play Batwoman.

What a bunch of ladyboy cunts. The lgbtq community is one of the most intolerant groups of people in this country. they're little gangs when again, I can't wait until the celebrity has enough nuts to tell him to go get fucked.

Thanks for being such an example of tolerance. You're truly leading the way.

You're welcome. I like to think of myself as Progressive.

You did prove my point magnificently though. So I thank you. And now to the question from the point I was trying to make.

why is it gay people can get away with being heinous bullies to each other and to everyone else and nobody cares, but a straight person says something bad about gays and deliberately tries to hurt their feelings, or use the word that they don't like and it's the end of the world?

if you want equality, I'm all for it. You should have it in the same measure everyone else gets it. That being said, just because you've been impressed in the past, does not mean you get special rules to live by. I don't know what's been going on in Hollywood, but a lot of gay people are starting to band together and become the bullies. Yet they want to turn around and play the victim card, this is something that is undermining their credibility in their movement.

Edited by Omerta

And how dare you sir, I am obviously cultured. That is a British slang term, are you going to sit there and tell me I get no points for using a derogatory slang term from a different culture? Shit is weak.

First of all, using the brits to justify the use of the word "cunt" is such a cliche. Though I think your use of ladyboy is much more revealing of character.

And I don't think it's right that she got bullied online for it. It's also very obvious that you couldn't care less about her besides using her as an excuse to justify your bigotry to LGBTQ people. I didn't see you get this riled up over how Kelly Marie-Tran got bullied in a similar way.

Also, the scale of discrimination the LGBTQ community faces from straight people is much more, especially given who is in power now. I wouldn't care that you'd be upset over this if it wasn't so obviously not from a place of sincerity.

I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but it is absolutely from a place of sincerity. I Harbor no ill will towards the LGBT community, with the lone exception of puberty blockers. We've been over that though so I don't think it needs to be discussed again here.

Here is my problem, whatever a minority gets together to bully someone, and then gets the hide behind the shield of what we've been oppressed, and we're not in power so it's okay. I don't follow that logic whenever you bully someone, whether you remember the minority or the majority it's wrong. and if you didn't see it, then you weren't in the shoutbox when it happened because I got upset over the example you mentioned, I got upset over the Margot Robbie incident, and this one is even more disgusting because gay people are saying that she is not gay enough to play a gay character.

I don't fault you for being upset over me using that term, that was the entire point I use that word specifically to piss people off, because I think it illustrates my point. So you are upset I use that word, into a degree should be. That being said, you immediately jump to gay people doing it in a righteous Manner, and then use an example of a gay person being bullied in a similar manner, to justify this. Do you not see that? Or am I misreading that? I'm not ruling either out, I just think this is something that is worthy of debate. And I think it's something that should be on the table, and it shouldn't be brushed under the rug of taboo because we're pointing out that the gay community actually has flaws too.

And not just the word c*** is a British slang term, ladyboy cunt is actually fairly common. At least it was in the pubs I went when I was over there. not saying it's a good use of the word, or anything like that, just pointing out it is in fact a slang term.

Sorry I was actually Scarlett Johansson I was talking about, not Margot Robbie. By the way my point still stands.

Gay people can be assholes too. I don't think pointing out how a gay person or group of gay people are being dicks makes you intolerant. I think this is kind of just the internet though. Remember what happened to that Asian broad who was in the new Star Wars? She had to get rid of all her personal social media accounts.

Ngata isnt wrong. I have childhood friends on Facebook who are gay and they talk very openly about how awful and bullying the LGBTQ community is to each other especially if you dont have the right body type.

Just like any group of people there's going to be some who are dicks. The internet is a brutal place. Nobody is safe. I would say most if not all internet public figures regardless of what they're all about get hate in their comments section. Some of them are trolls but some of them are serious. I think people need to take it less seriously and ignore it as much as possible tbh.

Yeah those gay people that bullied her are jerks. No one is arguing that. It's clear that Ngata only gives a shit so he can do his usual "[oppressed minority group] are the real bigots" schtick. It's not clever or original.

Edit: also if we're doing the whole "gay friends" thing, I'd like to point out that the gay people I know are much more bothered by the fact that the political party in power wants to support discrimination against them. Much more than a few random jerks on twitter.

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Eh, I feel like Ngata is a good dude but he's basically public enemy number 1 in this country right now. He's a white dude with money. He's a good example of how we've been set against each other by propaganda. It's silly to act as though white dudes with money are oppressed though. They own the country but I do understand how somebody like him could feel like it's bullshit he's attacked. He doesn't make the rules. He wasn't born with money, he worked in the existing system for everything he has. I think the point he wants to make is that the path to equality shouldn't be by knocking someone else down. It's a valid point.

I harp on this all the time but there are propaganda efforts by the state and intelligence agencies to set people against each other. Blots, you're right too. People have also been convinced somehow that those with no money and no power are the problem. We're being diverted from our real enemy. Our rulers and I'm not talking about Senators and President's

Whether or not he has money is completely irrelevant. He doesn't gay people, can't help but use slurs against them, and really couldn't care less about online bullying until it gave him an excuse to be homophobic. And then to justify his use of slurs with "well the brits say it" is asinine. He isn't British and is just saying it so he has an excuse to be an asshole. It's disingenuous and no gay person would appreciate an "ally" like that.

They might not appreciate an ally like that but they damn sure could use one. We wouldn't have civil rights for anyone but white guys if there weren't white guys supporting those civil rights.

Yeah those gay people that bullied her are jerks. No one is arguing that. It's clear that Ngata only gives a shit so he can do his usual "[oppressed minority group] are the real bigots" schtick. It's not clever or original.

Edit: also if we're doing the whole "gay friends" thing, I'd like to point out that the gay people I know are much more bothered by the fact that the political party in power wants to support discrimination against them. Much more than a few random jerks on twitter.

is this your stick where you make up the argument that I'm actually trying to argue, and then you argue that. You're the only one talking about bigots, cleaning people are bigots, because instead of actually arguing the point which you know you can do, you would rather call people tickets.

you never address any points, you just impute an argument to somebody, that usually involves you taking the moral High ground, and then you argue that. Nobody's ever said that all lgbtq people are assholes, what we are saying is that a lot of them are, maybe not by percentage but when you try to make it sound like only three or four or harassing these people, when in actuality it's thousands, you're the one who's trying to marginalize the suffering of someone else so that way you can still hold the LGBT community on a pedestal.

there are no different than anyone else, they have the propensity of great things, in the propensity to be an asshole just like everyone else. They're not some special group that has better morals, they're not some special group that has more rights to anything else, they're just people in the more people like you who treat them like they're a protected class is exactly why we have the division in this country that we do.

just because you're not in the shoutbox every waking moment, or you don't mirror my patterns when I'm in the shout box doesn't mean I haven't expressed anger over this happening before.

Edited by Omerta

Whether or not he has money is completely irrelevant. He doesn't gay people, can't help but use slurs against them, and really couldn't care less about online bullying until it gave him an excuse to be homophobic. And then to justify his use of slurs with "well the brits say it" is asinine. He isn't British and is just saying it so he has an excuse to be an asshole. It's disingenuous and no gay person would appreciate an "ally" like that.

No, I'm Irish. It's way better. Again how do you get to impute my argument to me. You say all of these things if you know theyre facts, but as I said in my previous post I have addressed these things and the shout box several times. The fact that you weren't here to see him doesn't mean it didn't happen. Actually think I've even dressed it a couple times in this thread.

you want to talk about who gay people don't need is an ally, it's people like you. people who defend them as though they can do no wrong, and that there aren't an equal percentage of assholes among that Community is there are any other community.

look around you blots, you, are always the one who starts mudslinging. You're the only one in this conversation who has to go to insults right off the bat. You insulted other posters, because you don't want to address the real issue. Not once have you addressed anything that was said. Instead you attack me, which is fine by me because your opinion means literally less than nothing to me. The fact that you can't ever have a civil debate with another human being means that there is no point in even agreeing to disagree.

Edited by Omerta

Eh, I feel like Ngata is a good dude but he's basically public enemy number 1 in this country right now. He's a white dude with money. He's a good example of how we've been set against each other by propaganda. It's silly to act as though white dudes with money are oppressed though. They own the country but I do understand how somebody like him could feel like it's bullshit he's attacked. He doesn't make the rules. He wasn't born with money, he worked in the existing system for everything he has. I think the point he wants to make is that the path to equality shouldn't be by knocking someone else down. It's a valid point.

I harp on this all the time but there are propaganda efforts by the state and intelligence agencies to set people against each other. Blots, you're right too. People have also been convinced somehow that those with no money and no power are the problem. We're being diverted from our real enemy. Our rulers and I'm not talking about Senators and President's

I got to admit man, there are some small Pleasures to it. People don't like hearing it, but when people come from nothing to achieve something people have to tear them down for that too. But it's funny, because they always like to say they're being held down, if you don't want to be denied, become undeniable.

I don't think poor people are the problem, I think there's plenty of people who work hard all the time, and some of them were poor not necessarily by choice but because they love their job, but it's not necessarily a trade that we hold in high regard. There's nothing wrong with that.

I have been about as poor as you can be, and to be honest if there's a group other than kids that I absolutely go out of my way to help, it's homeless people. They have some of the best damn stories you've ever heard, and it's not always the generic well I'm a drug user, so that's why I find myself here.

I really think you're onto something with blowing up the Democratic party, because everyone's gone so far left that they are literally repelling everyone else. The party is become repulsive and it's starting to cannibalize itself. That being said it's not like Republicans or anything to write home about either. I have to admit though I don't see you the one of those things changing, there's too much money and keeping his hating each other. Which is something I'm especially good at, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

is this your stick where you make up the argument that I'm actually trying to argue, and then you argue that. You're the only one talking about bigots, cleaning people are bigots, because instead of actually arguing the point which you know you can do, you would rather call people tickets.

you never address any points, you just impute an argument to somebody, that usually involves you taking the moral High ground, and then you argue that. Nobody's ever said that all lgbtq people are assholes, what we are saying is that a lot of them are, maybe not by percentage but when you try to make it sound like only three or four or harassing these people, when in actuality it's thousands, you're the one who's trying to marginalize the suffering of someone else so that way you can still hold the LGBT community on a pedestal.

there are no different than anyone else, they have the propensity of great things, in the propensity to be an asshole just like everyone else. They're not some special group that has better morals, they're not some special group that has more rights to anything else, they're just people in the more people like you who treat them like they're a protected class is exactly why we have the division in this country that we do.

just because you're not in the shoutbox every waking moment, or you don't mirror my patterns when I'm in the shout box doesn't mean I haven't expressed anger over this happening before.

The lgbtq community is one of the most intolerant groups of people in this country.

Womp womp.