Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I agree to a point. It's when people try to sound hard but look dumb as shit. It always has the," You're an idiot AND a douche. Oh you're talking? Pass."

Edited by Omerta

I kind of like the idea of the daily grind thread because if you keep stuff like that in mind that people's life experiences shape their perspective. It gives context to the things we say. A lot of people smarter than me have thought this

Basically I think blots is right. To use Twitter retards as a representative example of ANY group is asinine. Especially if you've defended Twitter retards on the other side or bitched about being lumped in with said Twitter retards.

Ngata is right though, there some deranged and aggressive people that are just waiting to be offended by something.They get people who have families fired for dumb shit they say on social media which is fucked up. That's just one example but you have to acknowledge that too

Edited by seanbrock

Which gay right(s) are we considering endangered?

Edited by BwareDWare94

Define endangered ? There are certainly people in power who would see gay rights done away with if they had power, but they don't.

So I mean I don't think they are endangered necessarily. Ironically enough, Trump being in power at the moment is one of the few things keeping them lol. If he is impeached, handing the country over to Pence and sessions would be turribad.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1

We could see laws passed and upheld by a slanted court that allow for lgbtq peeps to be discriminated in the work place. We could see them getting the right to pass their money and possessions to their partners get passed and upheld by a slanted court. All kinds of shit. Take a look at the history of Jim Crow and New Jim Crow.

Edited by seanbrock

Honestly, if they pass any new labor laws, just let employers fire shitty employees without needing to jump through 600 hoops

What the fuck are you talking about? Most people in this country are at will employees. Lol bro I try to be fair but that is just utter nonsense.

What the fuck are you talking about? Most people in this country are at will employees. Lol bro I try to be fair but that is just utter nonsense.

It is, but it isn't. I guess it depends on how you would define an employee who sucks. I think when you look at a comparatively, though the majority of Americans are actually decent workers, it's just if you compare an average guy to a guy who buses but everyday, you're going to end up looking like your crap. You may not be but that's the Optics of it.

and my experience with employees, the overwhelming majority of them have been good too damn good. Granted some of sucked, but that goes back to what we were talking about earlier. If you take any cross-section of people there's going to be a lot of people that make those people look bad, now by percentage it's an minute number.

Honestly, if they pass any new labor laws, just let employers fire shitty employees without needing to jump through 600 hoops

I think you overestimate how hard it is to fire someone. Again, from experience, had to fire a few people. It wasnt an enjoyable experience, but I didn't have to jump through a bunch of Hoops. Generally speaking, if I fire you, you fired yourself. All the times I had to do it, the offenses were so egregious that they basically fired themselves.

sure you can be nitpicky, and fire just about anyone, but if you're not trying to be a dick and fire everyone, it's actually pretty easy to get someone fired, because I generally do it themselves.

Edited by Omerta

Bware regularly extrapolates minor inconveniences in his life as massive societal problems, so im guessing his specific place of work has unionized employees and there is one that he/his boss wants to fire and it unable to do so on the spot.

I guess I can see what Ngata is saying. BWare has been a farm boy his whole life getting up at the ass crack of dawn and working as many hours as it takes. Some of those guys are working 16 hours a day, so maybe that's why he thinks there are all these shitty employees.

I thought I was a beast until I did a roofing job with a couple Amish guys we hired. I swear those fuckers are not human. They would drink warm milk at like 12 in their break in the middle of fucking July. Me and my buddy we're saying if you gave one of those guys some MMA training that they would destroy people in the Octogon hahaha

Edited by seanbrock

I'm not so much comparing myself to anybody...it's jobs I've had where people no call/no show all the time and the bosses had to "write them up!" like 16 times before termination was "approved" by higher ups. I'm talking about mostly in workplaces where there's a structured hierarchy. Obviously my farm doesn't qualify as that. It's mainly other jobs I've had. Blots is right on one thing--my comment is based on experience, but it's not just a "minor" inconvenience for a crew that's supposed to be 15 have only have 6-8 on hand to do 15 guys' worth of work.

Wtf that's not even a legal thing. That's a choice of how companies handle hiring and firing. What kind of labor law do you want to dictate which employees are allowed to fire which other employees.

• Upvote 1

How about a law dictating that after one no show a person can be fired barring proof of an emergency scenario?

That's not the government banning that.

• Upvote 1

Projections have Democrats with a 75% chance to take over the house. Big swing, but with the craziness, wouldn't be surprising at all.

I can't stand the Democratic party, but the Republicans did it to themselves. This is what happens when you have the chief idiot brazenly flaunting his moronic viewpoints on Twitter everyday, instead of worrying about the inner workings of our country. Very few times in life will you see two things that deserve each other more than the current political parties.

• Upvote 1

Projections have Democrats with a 75% chance to take over the house. Big swing, but with the craziness, wouldn't be surprising at all.

They also had Hillary with like an 82% chance of winning too, so.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/facebook-censorship-alex-jones-710497/amp/

Taibi nails it with this article much better than I could lol. Free speech must be protected at all costs. Take Jones to court.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/static.theintercept.com/amp/facebook-says-it-is-deleting-accounts-at-the-direction-of-the-u-s-and-israeli-governments.html

Glenn Greenwald nailed it too.

Edited by seanbrock

They also had Hillary with like an 82% chance of winning too, so.

I was on my phone and negged you on accident when I meant to + you lol. If the Democrats continue to operate as if it's business as usual they are in for a rude awakening.

Free speech is not being violated with Alex Jones being removed from platforms. They are private companies that can do what they want.

It's a dumb idea, because to the idiots that follow him its just more "evidence" that he's right, but no one's free speech rights are being violated.

Yeah, I am not in the camp that those sites can't get rid of Alex Jones... But all they did was give him an EVEN LARGER platform in which to spew his bullshit.

I was reading an article the other day that searches for him, hits on his site, downloads of his app, etc all SKYROCKETED. Dude hit massive bank and benefited from what was supposed to silence/discredit him.

Way. 2. Go.

• Upvote 1

Free speech is not being violated with Alex Jones being removed from platforms. They are private companies that can do what they want.

It's a dumb idea, because to the idiots that follow him its just more "evidence" that he's right, but no one's free speech rights are being violated.

Yeah I think we need to think about the way we look at speech. If I own a restaurant I still have to follow certain rules. I have to cook food to certain temps etc. Builders have to build things to code.