Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I don't remember seeing you there....weird.

I'm not ashamed of the fact that I wasn't wherever you were.

Our military is made up of people that can't afford college/can't find good work, and can't afford healthcare lol. They're the only ones who would volunteer to go kill otger poor people they don't know for no reason.

Wow. The fact that you think the primary reason people sign up for the military is to "go kill other poor people they don't know for no reason" and that that is what the military does primarily is just so ignorant.

Edited by Thanatos

Our military is made up of people that can't afford college/can't find good work, and can't afford healthcare lol. They're the only ones who would volunteer to go kill otger poor people they don't know for no reason.

Are you serious? I could see Blots saying something like this, but I wouldn't expect it from you.

I find it almost unfathomable that somebody good thing that out of the million members in the US armed forces, that the only objective in life is to escape poverty by killing other poor people. Like it's some kind of hobby. I think you would find it unconscionable if I applied that same logic to the inner-city black people. Saying oh, well they have so few options that they're the only kind of people that would kill other black people. What kind of sense does that even make? So poor people hate each other so much that they would rather kill poor people, instead of rich people? Where's your logic?

Then we get into the matter of you knowing what people's reasons are? When you say no reason, that bemoans if somebody who's never been put in that situation. What would be your solution have no standing army when it's unpopular? So if we were to use your method, every single soldier in the US military would have gotten out as a conscientious objector over the war in Iraq. You think we have problems now, wait till we don't have a military. We're ass deep in debt, don't have very many friends, and diplomacy left her wheelhouse many decades ago. The only thing keeping us safe, is our military. You see how Russia treats things that they think they own, China is no different, and yet were in debt to both. What keeps them from collecting? Then you're going to say something like, well if they attacked us we should have a military. So we should go from not having a standing military because all of the conscientious objectors left, to training a fighting force that's capable of Defending us against people who would do us harm in a matter of months. There's absolutely no logic in your statement.

• Upvote 1

I don't have anything against anyone in the military. I think there are a lot of good things about it. I think it's saved a lot of desperate people's lives. I'm not staying we shouldn't have a military but let's use them to help build shit more and kill shit less. They've done some great work in science. I'm against imperialism.

Wow. The fact that you think the primary reason people sign up for the military is to "go kill other poor people they don't know for no reason" and that that is what the military does primarily is just so ignorant.

that's not what I said. I said people join the military because it provides options to them that in many cases would not be available otherwise. How many people would be willing to risk death or kill other people if they weren't desperate. A lot of people actually use this as an argument for reinstating the draft but how many draft dodgers have sat in the Senate... there's one that's President right now so idk lol

I like the military because its a jobs program that trains underprivileged people in skills that they can use to secure a future for themselves. I just wish that such programs could get support from the general population without having to be attached to the military.

• Upvote 1

Btw, criticizing US foreign policy doesn't mean you don't support the troops (whatever the fuck that means). I have friends and family that have served/serve in the military just like anyone else.

So McCain only referred to his captors--those who tortured him--as gooks? That's where this issue with his use of the word comes from?

I have zero issue with his use of the word in that particular context. I would if he used it in a general sense.

Edited by BwareDWare94

You don't get to decide when using a slur is and isn't ok.

Edit: and before you do the predictable "well neither do you" you're correct. I'm going with what the general Asian American community's response was. And before you find me some John McAsians who say it was ok, even if a few are fine with it, when a significant portion of the community (if not the large majority) say it's offensive to them, what good is done by you saying the slur regardless. Are you really upsetting anyone by not using a racial slur? Not to mention the whole "I was just talking about the captors" sounds like an excuse made up after you realized you fucked up.

Edited by blotsfan

nobody owns words, nobody can tell you when and when not to say them. The rub is, you can't tell people when to be mad about it, and you can't add any nuances to your statement saying you shouldn't feel this way because I said it in this specific instance. People can't tell you what to say, you can't tell them how they get to feel about it.

Oh btw in other news, trump found out that you can see bad things about him when you google him so the government should take control of what results google displays. That's what you guys wanted, right?

tumblr_mvq6nu1HV71sl9baeo1_500.gif

I'm not sure if thats in reference to me or him, becuase if its him then yeah thats what he should do. If its me then...ok?

You don't get to decide when using a slur is and isn't ok.

Edit: and before you do the predictable "well neither do you" you're correct. I'm going with what the general Asian American community's response was. And before you find me some John McAsians who say it was ok, even if a few are fine with it, when a significant portion of the community (if not the large majority) say it's offensive to them, what good is done by you saying the slur regardless. Are you really upsetting anyone by not using a racial slur? Not to mention the whole "I was just talking about the captors" sounds like an excuse made up after you realized you fucked up.

Lol I don't care. He was help captive and tortured for several years. He can refer to them as gooks if he wants to.

• Downvote 1

Well he can't say shit because he's dead. Unless hell is real, I suppose.

Or heaven.

Well he can't say shit because he's dead. Unless hell is real, I suppose.

Because political disagreements warrant being happy about someone's death. You and Sean are doing nothing more then celebrating the pain of his loved ones.

This is a dangerous rabbit hole. You're going to soon have trouble looking in the mirror.

John McCain does what he could to hurt the poor to help the rich, yeah that might be a "political disagreement" to you, but to me thats a damning act of character. I can sleep just fine at night knowing how he's trash.

Not to mention as has already been said, I don't much care for his family either. They're all bigger leeches than anyone on food stamps, no matter what John McCain and his ilk believe.

• Upvote 1

Yeah his intentions were to hurt the poor. Right. That's exactly what he wanted.

I'm not going to try to change your mind about John McCain. what I will point out though, is when Chester Bennington killed himself, and I said he was a piece of s***for leaving six kids orphans, by his own choice, this board imploded.

You in particular said it was about making myself look better, and that I had to prove that I was better than everyone else, because I thought a guy who is so selfish as to leave 6 kids were friend was a piece of trash.

Now here you are, crapping all over a man who died of brain cancer, and did the best he could to raise his family, the best he knew how. Did he suffer from the burden of perfection? No, he undoubtably did. Did he do things I don't agree with, absolutely, mainly the language used to describe his captors. His stance on Healthcare also bathroom me, but at the end of the day he did what he thought was right. Whether or not you think it is right, has no bearing on how he felt. He truly could have been doing something that he thought was good. And depending on who you ask, you could certainly make a case for that.

So I will ask in this Jubilation of the man's death, are you just trying to show everyone how much more Superior you are?

• Upvote 1

The important thing is that you've all found a way to show that you're superior.

Cool. You've really shown him.

The point isn't whether there's a selfishness to suicide or not. I'd argue that there definitely is, though you can't be surprised that someone who is suicidal isn't thinking about things super rationally.

The point is this holier-than-thou approach to shit on him is based not out of concern for him or his family, it's just a chance to feel good about being contrarian and to "tell it like it is." It's using his family as a prop for your own ego.

No it's one of those "stop being a transparent asshole" things.

John McCain does what he could to hurt the poor to help the rich, yeah that might be a "political disagreement" to you, but to me thats a damning act of character. I can sleep just fine at night knowing how he's trash.

Not to mention as has already been said, I don't much care for his family either. They're all bigger leeches than anyone on food stamps, no matter what John McCain and his ilk believe.

• Upvote 1

Executive power has expanded immensely this century. Think about the spying powers he has. Hopefully the Senate can get to work passing legislation that limits the power of the executive branch. With all that's at stake. Hopefully they at least try.

I trashed John McCain when he was alive. I doubt you had an opinion on bennington in the slightest.

I trashed John McCain when he was alive. I doubt you had an opinion on bennington in the slightest.

+1 for dodging.