Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

They'd all show up if they had to. I'd rather have the democratic senators campaigning to help take the senate than hurt their reelection chances for a symbolic stance that still ends with the exact same judges being put in place. 

See I think making a stand and talking about how bad the judges are could be an effective way to campaign. Maybe you could have people back in your state campaigning and raising money while they're fighting the appointments. That could be a good grassroots fundraising opportunity and maybe they don't all show up because they don't want to lose their seats so they're campaigning too. Idk man.

I'm with sean on this one, this was a bad move by the Democrats. They are absolutely not the GOP part II though, that's ridiculous. I hear all the time the parties are the same and they are not. The Dems are definitely better, at least for this election cycle. Not saying they're great, but there's a pretty clear choice this November.

Edited by Thanatos

Finally we get some leftist rhetoric on tv thanks to *checks notes*...Tucker Carlson?

• Upvote 1

It's like the let Tucker Carlson tell the truth a couple times a year or something lol. He's such an arrogant shit that it's kind of fun to be on his side sometimes. Kind of the same vibe Bill Maher has. Not saying they're exactly alike but they both have that vibe.

Carlson is a clown but his conviction is excellent, especially the handful of times where he's actually right. 

That being said, Grand Forks has an Amazon location and their employees aren't paid all that badly, to my knowledge, and exceptional people move up very fast and start making bank. Perhaps their lowest level employees aren't paid well enough, though. Gotta pay more than nickels and dimes to the people who answer the phones and deal with customers. 

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

It's like the let Tucker Carlson tell the truth a couple times a year or something lol. He's such an arrogant shit that it's kind of fun to be on his side sometimes. Kind of the same vibe Bill Maher has. Not saying they're exactly alike but they both have that vibe.

Incidentally, I can't stand either of them. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

Incidentally, I can't stand either of them. 

I don't know how much I like Bill Maher, but I really like Real Time. The guests and interviews, oftentimes from differing political backgrounds, the panels. I think they have a lot of real discussion on the show. It doesn't often devolve into rock slinging. 

Bill Clinton is a rapist, not some funny dirty old man. I guess meme people probably don't know.

These "women" protesting Kavanaugh are fucking hilarious. They're so fucking stupid it's almost pathetic. Great entertainment, though, acting like children over a perfectly good candidate and calling it a protest.

Sorry idiots, but what you're doing is called a hissy fit.

They've got this idea that they'll go down in history as crusaders for women's rights. Nah. They'll be called the intolerant fascist Neanderthals that they were if our history books are honest and accurate years from now.

Seriously, what does Linda Sarsour offer to the world aside from baseless accusations and non-facts? Idiot.

Not sure why you put quotes around the word "women." Aren't you a prime believer in biogical definitions of gender? 

And obviously kavanaugh is an attack on women's health. He's a conservative. Just look at the mortality rates of women giving birth in conservative areas. It's the equivalent of third world countries. Conservatives are bad for human health in general. They live to gut healthcare for all but the rich.

Also, there are many other reasonable kavanaugh isnt a "fine" candidate. He was obviously chosen because he believes presidents shouldn't be allowed to face any legal consequences for anything (a view he only seems to have when republicans are president for what it's worth, give how he went after Clinton when he was president). Not to mention there aren't literallly 100k documents relating to him that the republicans feel the need to hide from the senate and the public. Compared to when  Kagan was confirmed as a justice when there were 0. Not to mention the odd question of how he was 200k in debt and paid off most of it in one year despite having a salary barely above that. 

But yes, the people protesting the rushjob of a disaster appointment that they want to hide a secret much as possible from the public to ensure that the president can commit as many crimes as he wants without consequence are fascists. Not the people trying to give power to that.

Mortality rates of women giving birth in the U.S. is high everywhere I think, and the U.S. rates as a whole are pretty bad.  Unless you're specifically talking about Texas, but Texas is Texas.

48 minutes ago, Vin said:

Mortality rates of women giving birth in the U.S. is high everywhere I think, and the U.S. rates as a whole are pretty bad.  Unless you're specifically talking about Texas, but Texas is Texas.

Well the US as a whole is way more conservative. But look at the top 10. Pretty much all red. D.C. is weird because the federal government gets control of it so even though the people are Dems, the leadership isnt. Not coincidentally, the 10 best ones are pretty much all blue.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/best-and-worst-states-to-give-birth-usa-today-investigation/

Edited by blotsfan

To be fair Missouri, Georgia, and Louisiana are dragged down by the largest cities in those state's all of which are blue, St.Louis, Atlanta, and New Orleans.

Every state is blue in the cities and red in the rural parts. I'm talking about the state governments, which are red in all those states. For instance, when I was in Missouri there were two abortion clinics in the entire state. Shortly after I graduated, the number dropped to one thanks to the state government. Even though the one that closed was in an overwhelmingly blue city. 

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local/university-of-missouri-ends-clinical-privileges-for-planned-parenthood-doctor/article_4246f42d-23d8-5c3a-ae55-5a548f09fc6a.html

You are correct though that people who support shitty conservative policies are not the ones most likely to be effected by them. I wouldn't say the conservative States are being dragged down by the victims rather than the victims being dragged downbeat by conservatives. 

Edited by blotsfan

Those state's have an obligation to uphold the beliefs of the people of that state. The fact that one city can't overpower the rest of the state is a good thing. 

I was talking about infant mortality, the numbers are dragged down by larger cities in those state's, which are blue. So in this sense it is the bigger cities pulling down the rest of the state in that regard. And I think we both know why.

Edited by Omerta

1 minute ago, Omerta said:

I was talking about infant mortality, the numbers are dragged down by larger cities in those state's, which are blue. So in this sense it is the bigger cities pulling down the rest of the state in that regard. And I think we both know why.

Because they're poor and healthcare has been obliterated by republican state governments. Unless you have a different reason that also explains how this is less of a problem in blue states that also have large cities with poor black people in them (I'm assuming that's your rationale since you won't actually say it).

I was going to say drug addicted mothers, you're such a racist.

Not sure why you were too embarrassed to just say that.

Edited by blotsfan

I wasn't, I assumed you knew. Hence why I said," I think we both know why." I guess I was wrong.

Sure seemed like a dogwhistle to me. 

Of course red states have higher incidences of drug abuse since republicans ruin everything they get their hands on. 

Well....that's because you're a racist.

And that is a completely separate point you keep trying to deviate from this particular one.

Edited by Omerta

Lol a'ight. Not sure why you would be vague for literally no reason.

But please, what's "the point" then? That kavanaugh has no business being a judge? Because no one is refuting the incredibly overwhelming evidence of that. 

Dude you can't follow a train of thought. I'm out.

Conservatives who are willing to throw away their rights to conservative judges cuz abortion are monumentally fucking retarded. I'll take my bill of rights, k thanks. This guy is an embarrassment and to pretend otherwise is just simply tribalistic. Conservatives main goal should be to PRESERVE the bill of rights. It makes zero sense idealistically for ANY conservative to support Kavanaugh. 

I knew this would happen though, I voted for Trump but I don't like that Obama used the Supreme Court nomination as political capital to make sure people were thuroughly threatened into voting for Hillary. I'd rather watcg the whole thing blow up than to feed into the trap and continue this cycle because no matter who the Republicans run, the Dems will still use them to threaten you into voting for whatever corporate boot licker they put up. I'm so done with it. I hope Trump destroys it all, I really do. Fuck em all. We need to do what the French and the Russians did and just fucking slaughter them all