Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

This entire twitter thread is genius and hilarious:

• Upvote 1

Primary day! Go Nixon/Williams/Teachout

With no evidence, trump has decided that the death tolls from Hurricane Maria were made up by the democrats. Within a week this will be the official stance of the Republican Party. 

• Upvote 1

Could be that or they could say compared to Katrina it wasn't that bad. He's already on record saying that.

21 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Could be that or they could say compared to Katrina it wasn't that bad. He's already on record saying that.

Given that 1200 more people died from Maria than Katrina, that seems pretty shitty to say regardless. 

But if you'd like to see the tweets where he says the numbers are made up, then here you go. 

Wow. He really is fucking awful. I wish people had a better understanding of colonialism. I think most people think that it only existed from like the 16th to 19th centuries. I wish people could get past what it costs and realize that those are human beings. How many people in this country can fathom being without electricity for a year? 

Would any of us seriously rather invest in bombing and killing people than send out army and rebuild and help those people in PR? I don't think so. We spent an extra 60 billion that that was passed with votes from both parties. How much of that could have saved PR? Why are people worth multiple billions of dollars not paying any taxes? Why is Amazon allowed to run at a loss to kill all competition? Something is wrong guys. I think we can all agree. No more candidates with corporate money? Could we form a big enough left/right coalition to take this country back? 

The coolest thing is that with all the hate and race baiting we see Nike ran that Kaepernick ad. The tides are changing. Nike doesn't give a fuck about civil rights. If they thought they'd lose money doing that it would have never happened. We just need some kind of virus to kill all the baby boomers and what's left of the silent generation.

Jones still wasn't banned for being conservative. He was banned for harassing innocent people. This isn't completely different and watch that conservatives will still bitch that Facebook isn't biased against them. It's why their complaints can't ever be taken seriously. 

Paul Manafort has plead guilty in exchange for cooperating with the Mueller investigation. 

You would think Manafort would be able to give them everything they need or at least have the potential to do so. They've gotten a bunch of people to cooperate. Maybe soon we'll see some of the evidence they have. 

There wasn't anyone as close to the Russians in the campaign as Manafort. Not to mention he's been working for the party for a long time so who knows what other dirt he has. I don't think he gets such a generous bargain unless he gives up something big though.

Incidentally, about 45 million dollars was seized from Manafort as well, approximately 3x what has been spent on the entire Mueller investigation, so don't let anyone tell you that we're "wasting so much money" on it.

Right, I think it's important to point out that Manafort has been at this for decades at the highest levels. I think we need to get away from saying Trump is a puppet or Putin has control over him. Putin only has as much influence over our elections as the electoral system allows. I think the solution here is to prosecute as many as possible and work on serious campaign finance reform. We can't settle for busting Trump or we'll find ourselves in this same situation with another cult of personality outsiders.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, seanbrock said:

You would think Manafort would be able to give them everything they need or at least have the potential to do so. They've gotten a bunch of people to cooperate. Maybe soon we'll see some of the evidence they have. 

Unless there is nothing. I still really haven't seen or heard anything credible that is explosive. It is all mud slinging at this point. We will see what they have if anything.

1 hour ago, Omerta said:

Unless there is nothing. I still really haven't seen or heard anything credible that is explosive. It is all mud slinging at this point. We will see what they have if anything. 

Donald Trump Jr willingly published his own emails saying that he was excited to get dirt on Hillary from the known russian government official.

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

Right, I think it's important to point out that Manafort has been at this for decades at the highest levels. I think we need to get away from saying Trump is a puppet or Putin has control over him. Putin only has as much influence over our elections as the electoral system allows. I think the solution here is to prosecute as many as possible and work on serious campaign finance reform. We can't settle for busting Trump or we'll find ourselves in this same situation with another cult of personality outsiders.

Yeah, people are so disturbingly obsessed with "getting Trump" that I think they lose sight of a lot of different aspects of this. If it comes out Trump knew about all this or whatever the end game is... Take him, idc, because that's what should happen. 

But as I mentioned earlier in this thread, even if that information comes out... I don't think Trump is going to jail. Striking deals with all the Cohens and Manaforts is in some ways a shame. Those are the guys definitely deserve more than they are going to get as far as punishment, they are the ones operating and steering this ship. 

In previous administrations (which also tie to this one in some regards).... The war criminals are still around and some still in power... John fucking Bolton for example. Dick fucking Cheney, who left fucking HALIBURTON to be VP... 

These people need to be taken down a notch... Swiped at the knees. 

Instead, we're obsessed with taking down Trump who at worst/best is going to resign or be forced to resign. At the end of this, Trump may not be President... But we will have mega douche Pence as President and alllllll the huge back room players are still going to be in action. Mind blowing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, blotsfan said:

Donald Trump Jr willingly published his own emails saying that he was excited to get dirt on Hillary from the known russian government official.

Getting dirt on a political opponent isn't exactly proof of anything except that you're a politician. I'm sure that all candidates in all elections get dirt on their opponents from less than reputable sources.

The question in play here is how was said dirt acquired? If it was acquired through nefarious methods then I will concede your point. That being said we don't know what was discussed, we don't know how the information was ascertained that was discussed, we really don't know anything. That's the problem. We can attribute all these nefarious aspects to it, but there's no proof of anything.

when Trump goes to any International gathering in France, Germany, or anywhere where the European Union, or NATO meet I'm sure any of those foreign diplomats could give Hillary plenty of dirt on Donald Trump. That doesn't make it not true, that doesn't make it true either. The two important factors at play here for me, is are the allegations true or the dirt as we're calling it? If they're not true then what does it matter? if they are true, then don't we have a lot bigger questions we should be asking?

The second component to this is where they obtained by nefarious means. There's no such thing as off the record, or private conversations and politics. So if this information is acquired through regular conversation, and it gets relayed back to somebody who can then use it, I wouldn't necessarily consider that out of bounds. Now if Hillary's emails were hacked, or Hillary had some private correspondence that was stolen when she was leaving the border of another country, then okay all of that stuff should be out of bounds. That being said we have no proof of any of that either.

The only thing we have proof of is that Junior was excited to get dirt for his dear old daddy, which makes sense. I have no doubt Hillary and every other person that was getting elected had teams of people who are trying to get dirt on everybody. I still don't see any proof of Nefarious action, now if somebody can prove that that Russian person that he met with got any information that was passed on through subterfuge or any other nefarious back-channel dealings, then this is an entirely different conversation. I've said it before earlier in this post, and I will say it again, the problem is there's no proof of any of this.

Think about it what do we really have proof of? Politicians get dirt on each other? Politicians go outside of u.s. borders to get information on opposing candidates? Donald Trump is a sleazeball? Donald Trump's son is following in those same footsteps? The longer this investigation goes on the more I question it.

that's not to say there couldn't be anything worth hearing, but I just can't imagine if there was anything that was tremendously explosive that it would have happened already. This just seems like one huge dog and pony show to me. Now I could be wrong, the investigation can come out that Donald Trump is exactly who we thought he was except now we have proof. Then again it could come out that there's absolutely no proof of anything, and we're left in the exact same boat of knowing Donald Trump is horrible person, a bad leader, and way in over his head, but no proof of any wrongdoing and getting elected.

I wouldn't care one way or the other if Donald Trump was impeached, I wouldn't have cared one way or the other had he have lost. And the reason is simple. The one thing that gets lost in this entire conversation about how horrible Trump is, which I will concede right now, the dude is a terrible human being. That said, the point thats being missed is that in this last election we were handed to very flawed candidates, and the one guy that seem to resonate with most people was deliberately screwed out of the nomination by one of the two deeply flawed candidate. The entire system is busted, and I don't think Hillary would have changed it, we can now say definitively Donald isn't going to change it, and the truth is at least in my opinion, is that it will not change. I don't hold out the hope that many do that we're going to see some huge Grassroots movement, I just don't.

Not picking a fight, but you've mentioned on more than one occasion that I brag about having money, which I don't think I do. That being said this ties in because the reason I don't think it will ever changes that I honestly believe cash is king. I grew up just has broke, if not is broke his most people, and now that I have had a reversal a fortune and I've got a few times tingling in my pockets, I've realized that life is so much easier this way, and that ataining the things I want, and attaining security is so much easier. I really don't even have to worry about legal troubles anymore because I can hire very talented lawyers and all of those things go away. Now I'm not saying these things to say oh look how great I am, I'm saying these things to say that there's entirely too much money to be made in the system for rich people, and because they're rich they have safeguards afforded to them that are going to keep them in power for a long time. I don't think this Grassroots movements going to happen, at least not any abrupt change, because all of those things can be prevented. If we do see changes going to be a long arduous Journey over the course of several decades in my opinion.

Edited by Omerta
Talk to text is Hellen keller-ish.

That was a lot of words to say nothing of substance.

No, conspiring with a foreign government to get dirt on an opponent is not "just being a politician" that's a completely ludicrous argument.

Yeah I would imagine that most politicians would never think of doing anything like that. Completely beyond the pale. These people represent the United States of America. Their integrity should never be in question.

• Like 1

Al Gore got dirt on W before the debates in 2000 and immediately turned it over to the FBI.

But you are right in that Nixon and Reagan did work with foreign governments to hinder a resolution to the Vietnam War/Iranian Hostage Crisis. They should've gone to jail for that. Doesn't mean "oh well, guess we should just be cool with everyone doing it from now on."

41 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

Al Gore got dirt on W before the debates in 2000 and immediately turned it over to the FBI.

But you are right in that Nixon and Reagan did work with foreign governments to hinder a resolution to the Vietnam War/Iranian Hostage Crisis. They should've gone to jail for that. Doesn't mean "oh well, guess we should just be cool with everyone doing it from now on."

Maybe not be cool with it, but you have to recognize it's part of the game. Bernie tried to play fair and he got screwed for it, he probably has enough information to bury Hillary, but he tried to take the high road and lost.

Our elections are littered with people who try to play fair and get screwed for it, there is absolutely no incentive to do it whatsoever. As long as these people never go to jail, there's no deterent from doing it, so you either play the game, you sit at home and watch everybody else do it and win. I don't know why that's controversial.

Edited by Omerta
Talk to test is Hellen keller-ish.
  • Upvote 1

I think we all agree that if Trump is guilty he should go away. I think it would be an awesome precedent to set but if you think only Republicans would do shit like that you are childishly naive. Lock them all up. I think that's everyone's position at this juncture.

1 minute ago, seanbrock said:

I think we all agree that if Trump is guilty he should go away. I think it would be an awesome precedent to set but if you think only Republicans would do shit like that you are childishly naive. Lock them all up. I think that's everyone's position at this juncture. 

Find the democrats that did it, and lock them up. Until I see actual evidence of it, I'm not going to blindly say "both sides."

1 minute ago, blotsfan said:

Find the democrats that did it, and lock them up. Until I see actual evidence of it, I'm not going to blindly say "both sides."

Well there's no evidence that anybody did anything wrong, just accusations. That's why this Mueller investigation is getting so much attention, it's based upon the president that there is veracity to the claims that Trump was conspiring. Up to this point all we have are people cobbling together information to suit a narrative. There's no evidence of anything really, that's why politicians are able to do it, is because they're Masters at covering things like this up.