Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

13 hours ago, BJORN said:

Every politician is a fraud

And it's sad. Not about Booker or any one person in particular. I think pretty close to 100% of them are shit people who don't really give a damn about any of us. There is some wiggle room I'm sure but a minute percent.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't it seem like there are more people like Sanders and Gabbard in the Democratic party that actually give a fuck? Idk I follow them more obviously but I think it's clear that politicians like that as much as you disagree with them on some things, are genuine. Just in fairness to Than and blots.

35 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Doesn't it seem like there are more people like Sanders and Gabbard in the Democratic party that actually give a fuck? Idk I follow them more obviously but I think it's clear that politicians like that as much as you disagree with them on some things, are genuine. Just in fairness to Than and blots.

I wasn't addressing anything they said in particular. I am not even sure what the last two pages are about honestly. 

To answer your question though, no. I don't think there are more gabbards than not. I think most are shit people.

36 minutes ago, Omerta said:

I wasn't addressing anything they said in particular. I am not even sure what the last two pages are about honestly. 

To answer your question though, no. I don't think there are more gabbards than not. I think most are shit people.

No, what I'm saying is that there are more people like Gabbard in the Democratic party, who are genuine and looking to do more than just line their pockets. They don't have any power really though because the DNC has said in open court that they don't believe in democracy. (Paraphrasing lol)

2 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

No, what I'm saying is that there are more people like Gabbard in the Democratic party, who are genuine and looking to do more than just line their pockets. They don't have any power really though because the DNC has said in open court that they don't believe in democracy. (Paraphrasing lol)

There may be a few, very few, I just believe the overwhelming majority of the halls of Congress and the White House are filled with terrible people.

40 minutes ago, Omerta said:

There may be a few, very few, I just believe the overwhelming majority of the halls of Congress and the White House are filled with terrible people.

Trust me I agree lol

So the FBI blatantly ignored many people that knew kavanaugh and wanted to talk, the report is being kept confidential despite having no confidential information in it, and there is literally only one copy of it. 

Thanks jeff flake. 

GOP is dumb. I think you have to pick your battles better. Kavanaugh isn’t worth the effort or time they’ve put into his nomination. 

Even if crazy shit happens and Dr. Ford admits to lying , Kavanaugh brings a foul stench to the SC. Going to be extremely unfortunate — to put it mildly.

The republicans don't care how it looks. Theyre on the verge of having someone that promised to get revenge on the democrats in an incredibly influential lifetime appointment.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/money/2013/09/15/news/economy/income-inequality-obama/index.html

Couple weeks old, I know but I'm just going to leave this here. What a fucking traitor and a liar Barack Obama is.

I am not saying he is the greatest, but he is certainly better than any of the options we've had in the last 20 years. I would definitely take him over Trump or Hillary, I would take him over Bernie, Bush, Kerry, McCain, and anybody who had a realistic shot of winning in the last 20 years.

I think you did an overwhelmingly amount of things that are neutral, that didn't move need a one way or the other. And I would say he accomplished about as many great things as he did Terrible Things. I don't know if I would go so far as to call him a traitor, that would imply that he was an ally of the middle class from the get-go. I think this stems from what we were saying earlier none of these politicians are really great people. That being said, I would take Obama before I took a lot of them. Recently changed my tone on Elizabeth Warren, I still think she would be one of the better options, if I can't have them alley or gabbard then really I'm having to pick somebody who I would think it's the least evil, and she would be in the conversation. There might be two good options, possibly three, but I mean realistically when you compare him to his contemporaries he wasn't that bad of a choice.

I'm not sure how much better he would have been than Kerry tbh. The rest I will grant you but Bush comes from one of the richest families in the country and they're pretty old money so it's not hard to guess who's side he was on. McCain was a fucking lunatic hawk and we've been over how I feel about Hillary. Obama was a community organizer in Chicago. He ran on Hope and Change and provided more of the same. 

Edited by seanbrock

The senate votes to go ahead with the nomination. Confirmation vote is tomorrow. Mostly all party lines but the two exceptions were Manchin voting yes and Murkowski voting no. Collins when Flake say they're still undecided but we'll see.

I think Manchin is going to vote no if he'd be the deciding vote but will vote yes if they have enough republicans without him (the inverse Rand Paul).  I'd be surprised if Murkowski votes yes after voting not to advance it today, so I suspect in the end it will be her as the only republican no and Manchin and maybe Mckaskill voting yes, making him confirmed.

Susan Collins has a press conference right now... Sounds like she will be a yes. If she flat out said that at the beginning, my bad, I missed it and came in like halfway through. 

Yup... Definite yes. 

3 of the top 5 US trends on Twitter are Susan Collins, Senator Collins, and Sen Collins. 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

People pledged to donate 1.8 million to her opponent in 2020 if she voted yes, but id rather see that money go to planned parenthood or another women's health charity and she just not seek reelection on account of someone shooting her in the fucking head. 

Woah, calm down there Seanbrock. 

I have seen lots of donations going to her opponent though. Very very bad scene for her (Collins) right now. Only question is, will voters remember this in two years.

As expected, Democrat from West Virginia, Joe Manchin is also a confirmed yes. 

Looks like tomorrow, we have Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

You're right. Any non-murkowski republican getting shot in the next 12 hours would do the trick. 

I can't imagine what they could have possibly found to be so convincing, but that FBI report must say enough if this is going to go through, now. 

I wonder if Kavanaugh is actively suing journalists who've referred to him as a sexual predator. Or if he will. He has grounds to if those words referring to him made it into any published pieces. Can't do much about Tweets and opinions, I don't think, but IIRC, he has been called a sexual predator (insert whichever term or language here) in a publication or two. 

I'm not sure what can be done now to change anything. This boulder seems to be headed downhill. If he is confirmed, the best that we can hope for is that he practices what he preaches about being fair and unbiased (good luck with that).

I think Democrats would have done well to have stopped at the two possibly credible allegations, but Swednik's accusation really turned people off because it was so obviously fake. That by itself might have swung this in Kavanaugh's favor. At least to me that's when it seemed more public sentiment favored him (at least where I am. People seemed to be open to Ford's point of view at first).

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, OSUViking said:

All I've read about this is from people on both sides of the aisle virtue signaling on Quora. I find it remarkable that everyone on both sides (at least on Quora, I haven't kept up with it much in this thread) is absolutely convinced that they are 100% right and justified in their stance, and that both sides passionately play the role of victim. 

This is more like a soap opera than anything else. I have a hard time believing a woman would put herself on a platform like this with a false allegation but people on the left that I've read are so black and white about this issue. I still struggle to believe that people think calling those who disagree with them (or in this case say "innocent until proven guilty") bigots is productive at all. 

Edit: Like I said I don't pretend false accusations are common but I think this shit about women never lying about sexual assault is dumb. Statistically it's rare but when dealing with individual cases, to just throw our that possibility is absurd. I don't think we should inherently believe women but I also think sexual assault is serious enough to the point that these accusations should be heard and explored. I've seen people say there's no reason a woman would do that, that's idiotic. It's not a smart move but there are plenty of reasons. 

I suspect that Kavanaugh did it because he seems like a piece of shit and like I said I don't see this as a case where she'd put herself through this kind of shit storm for the sake of the Democratic party. I don't think there's very much evidence. If what I've read is true at all it's basically conservatives saying there's no evidence and thus the accusations can't be proven true, and liberals going with "gut instincts" (like in all honesty I am) in their "assessment" and saying he's a predator. Lmao, I saw some dude say his body language and facial expressions were what you'd expect of a sociopath, so clearly he did it. People like that are beyond idiotic and a prime example of the aforementioned virtue signaling I bitch about so frequently. 

I also think people are a lot more complex than specific moments in their life. This isn't me defending Kavanaugh, because I think I already said he seems like he's a piece of shit in real life, but more so that there's also an entire lifetime of experiences that form his identity. This is true of literally every human yet we live in a disgusting society where a metaphorical soundbyte of a person's life determines their character. If people judged me from how I was when I was abusing weed and psychotic as well (and they ACTUALLY knew who I was) they'd think I was a piece of shit yet everything else in my life reinforces I'm a morally ambiguous person that tends towards being decent. 

What really gets me is that I don't even think these people care. I don't think they care about Ford or Kavanaugh, or what this means for the country, I think they only see people they disagree with getting fired up and have to provide an equal and opposite force. I don't think people actually care about the MeToo movement which is unfortunate, I know some people who felt empowered by it to seek therapy to overcome that past. Seems more and more like people retweet and favorite and upvote stuff like that just so they come off as a good person on social media. It seems so fake to me.

Rant over. 

I care about both because I don't know what happened. Because I have no means of knowing what happened. I wish there was a way to figure out what happened but there's just no way.

18 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

I can't imagine what they could have possibly found to be so convincing, but that FBI report must say enough if this is going to go through, now. 

Yes there is no chance that's the FBI report that the republicans are so desperate to keep secret showed nothing of note. 

I would imagine the FBI loves Kavanaugh. Why would you trust their report anyway? They're proven liars. They're not a-political at all lol.

12 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

I would imagine the FBI loves Kavanaugh. Why would you trust their report anyway? They're proven liars. They're not a-political at all lol.

Id imagine the FBI has very mixed feelings about this administration. Of course they ignored so much evidence throughout the investigation that I'm surprised that they still won't show it. If it was a sham report that found him innocent the republicans would make it public. 

Unless they cut a deal to let Dems use it politically. The establishment of both parties understand that their grip is loosening imo. Kavanaugh would allow them to do whatever they want.

Screenshot_20181006-114048.png

Edited by seanbrock