Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

6 minutes ago, Sarge said:

TIL blots is a white woman. 

And that's the difference. I think saying something shitty is bad even if it's behind someone's back.

Also this is funny in the context of you men getting so offended. 

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

White women are so easily offended and so ready to claim to be a victim it's disgusting...They're the reason you can't fucking say anything anymore without being crucified.

28 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

And that's the difference. I think saying something shitty is bad even if it's behind someone's back.

Also this is funny in the context of you men getting so offended. 

See that's how circular logic works. Sean says something that has nothing to do with anybody's personal life here. You in turn say something personal to try to deliberately hurt the guy. Then people call you out for being a gigantic piece of shit, and then you say hey why are you so offended.

I'm not offended, you can say what you want. That being said so can I, Sean, he may be offended. He may not be, but the thing is what you didn't learn in gender Theory 101 is you don't get to say whatever you want, and then when people react turn around and play victim. You can say whatever you want, that's your right as an American, but so can everybody else.

The reason you're getting the reaction you are, is because you always like to talk about morality, and doing the right thing, and you try to be the virtue signaling moral compass of this board, but the thing is is you're the biggest piece of garbage here. To say something like that about somebody personally, who didn't attack you personally tells everybody here exactly what they need to know about you. You are worse than Phil, the funny part is Phil had you pegged, that dude might be a profit.

what if somebody made fun of you for being the fat loser ass kid your whole life who got picked last so you grew up with no self-esteem, so you went on the internet to take it out on everyone. You would be throwing up your arms about body positivity and fat shaming, and all other manner of virtue signaling so that way the people on this board who defend you and your shity behavior, would come to your Aid. The funny part is is you proving you'll attack anyone, so you're going to find yourself with no allies left on this board. You'll be all alone, just as I imagine you are in real life.

People come on this board and share private things because this has somewhat of a feel of community. OSU tells us important things, Sean tells us important things, I've shared important things about my wife and kids, so has Sarge, and so has everybody else. There has been an unspoken rule that has been respected that you wont attack people for sharing vulnerabilities, and here you are doing exactly that. It's disgusting and Despicable. I'm not going to be offended for Sean, but I will you tell you something, that is what a coward does. Somebody says something in confidence, and you attacked their vulnerability. That is the definition of a coward.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 2

It's kinda hypocritical to expect others to be respectful if you're not willing to do the same, isn't it? 

The point is sean didn't attack you personally, unless you've been hiding the fact that you're a white woman this entire time. If you had a problem with what he said, you could have just said so. I don't know what has stopped you any other time. 

Also, just because we're calling you out doesn't mean we agree with everything sean said. At least I don't. Can't speak for Ngata though.

You're not doing so well for someone who claims to be smarter than everyone else all the time.

Blots, I actually agree with you more often than I disagree. But when you talk to people the way you do, it's hard to take your ideas seriously. 

What is it that you hope to accomplish? I think most people here want to see change, but how are we going to work together to do that? This division isn't good for us.

It doesn't matter who started it. For my part, I'm willing to apologize for not being good enough before. I have a bad habit of not listening to what people are saying  and  trying to talk over them, but I'm working on that.

How can I help you, blots? Let's make this better. 

It doesn't matter that im not a woman. That doesn't make it ok for Sean to go off on this massive sexist rant. Like, comically sexist. Whether or not something is shitty to say doesn't depend on whether or not it personally applies to someone listening at that exact moment. If he went on a rant about how black people are dumb criminal thugs or something should I just say "meh that's fine I'm white." That level of selfishness (a defining characteristic or Sean) is garbage. He made a comment about how women don't get hit by men? Well I pointed out a damn good counter example. 

And ngata, if you actually gave a shit about not making stuff personal, I don't know why you'd say Phil was such a great guy. As I recall, he was the one that's called me a "Jew weasel" when he was mad about losing a bet.

It's an unfortunate reality that one's message needs to be marketable. That's not an option if you want people to genuinely reflect on their behaviors/motives/etc. 

There's a chef at my work that everyone hates, largely for good reason because he's all high and mighty about noticing things others don't. But a lot of the stuff he says is legitimate, and it's stuff more people need to recognize. But no one wants to listen to him because he's an asshole. I happen to be very patient and I'm a good listener, so I can see past all that and recognize we see eye to eye on many things. But he's an asshole, he doesn't care how people receive his ideas, and as such no one listens. 

Compare that to one of my mom's friends, who's been defiantly anti-homosexuality her whole life because of faith and shunned her daughter because of it. I had a discussion with her once, validated where she came from despite me disagreeing with it in literally every way, and explained things reasonably to her. "You can think homosexuality is a sin, but that's not your judgement according to your faith, it's God's, and you have no control. She's your daughter and has probably just wanted you to love her despite those differences". My mom said her friend reached out to thank me because she found the courage to speak to her daughter for the first time in years. 

Low-key feel like I'm just virtue signaling but that's the example I think of. Will it work for everyone? Fuck no, I know first hand there are some dumbasses on both sides of the aisle who just won't listen. But it's absolutely more effective than screaming how shitty someone is because of their ignorance or beliefs.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

It doesn't matter that im not a woman. That doesn't make it ok for Sean to go off on this massive sexist rant. Like, comically sexist. Whether or not something is shitty to say doesn't depend on whether or not it personally applies to someone listening at that exact moment. If he went on a rant about how black people are dumb criminal thugs or something should I just say "meh that's fine I'm white." That level of selfishness (a defining characteristic or Sean) is garbage. He made a comment about how women don't get hit by men? Well I pointed out a damn good counter example. 

And ngata, if you actually gave a shit about not making stuff personal, I don't know why you'd say Phil was such a great guy. As I recall, he was the one that's called me a "Jew weasel" when he was mad about losing a bet.

Never said he was a great guy. I said he had you pegged. He was right more often than he wasn't about you. 

To your "point". You should have said the sexist bit at first, not personally attacked him. The longer you defend your actions the worse it gets. Instead of admitting you were wrong and apologizing, you keep trying to defend your actions. That is pathetic. I hope nobody ever relies on you for something personal ever. You would use that weakness as soon as it served you. I'm done with this, you truly are reprehensible, your whole won't even let you apologize and own it. I'm done with you. You can join the other dudes on the shelf for me, I no longer think it's possible for you to contribute something of value. Toodaloo.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:07 PM, seanbrock said:

Hillary will be the 2020 nominee. Doesn't matter who else runs. Since we've all been here for years, anyone care to do a sig bet on this? lol

This is worst case scenario lol. I think Hillary is a shitty human being, but Trump is worse. I'm beyond the point of thinking that either are worth voting for in any capacity. If the Dems actually push in Hillary again, I don't see how they would survive the election but maybe people are so stuck up their own asses on both sides that both parties would just entrench themselves even further. 

Definitely do not want Trump in again and I'll never vote for him, but the idea of Hillary being the nominee again isn't enticing at all either. 

31 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

I didn't mean that you being a guy makes what sean said ok. I meant that you shouldn't have taken it as a personal shot at your character, because it wasn't. But you responded with one.

Look, I get it. It appears that you and Sean are like oil and water. But I can go back through this thread and others and find where you guys have agreed on just as many things as you have dissgreed, if not more. 

It is a shame that we think everyone has to agree with us 100% on every little thing to be considered an ally. With that attitude, it is of little surprise that we get nothing done, and that we have been met with the failure we so richly deserve.

What can we do today to change that? We often disagree on our methods, but not our goals. That is to say, we often want the same things, but we see different ways of getting there.

I know TGP is a place full of reasonable people who actually have more in common than not. I'm so tired of fighting against people when I should be fighting beside them. I haven't done my part to avoid that in the past... but I'm ready now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Omerta said:

My God it is beautiful when people realize that. The only thing more privileged than a white man, is a white woman. Not that I believe in privilege, but there lives are so much easier, and yet they bitch more than anyone.

There are unquestionably advantages to certain lots in life, but it's way more complex than stuff like white privilege or male privilege. 

I have faced situations in life that were easier to navigate because I was a white guy, although I think the majority of my benefits came from a middle class socioeconomic background and growing up in a household with parents who insisted on paying for my college. 

I'm absolutely not privileged when it comes to mental health, I think that's a given. I've seen stupid shit like skinny people are "privileged" because they have better genetics, or that people who don't have legitimate gluten intolerance or dietary restrictions are privileged. That stuff makes my eyes roll into the back of my head. If I didn't literally fit the stereotype for a school shooter, I would kindly let people know they face advantages over me in almost every aspect of life by not having to deal with psychosis. 

Humans are so complex and there are so many factors that go into how difficult someone's life is. But people want to fit others into neatly packed boxes for their own agendas, it's ridiculous. 

22 minutes ago, OSUViking said:

There are unquestionably advantages to certain lots in life, but it's way more complex than stuff like white privilege or male privilege. 

I have faced situations in life that were easier to navigate because I was a white guy, although I think the majority of my benefits came from a middle class socioeconomic background and growing up in a household with parents who insisted on paying for my college. 

I'm absolutely not privileged when it comes to mental health, I think that's a given. I've seen stupid shit like skinny people are "privileged" because they have better genetics, or that people who don't have legitimate gluten intolerance or dietary restrictions are privileged. That stuff makes my eyes roll into the back of my head. If I didn't literally fit the stereotype for a school shooter, I would kindly let people know they face advantages over me in almost every aspect of life by not having to deal with psychosis. 

Humans are so complex and there are so many factors that go into how difficult someone's life is. But people want to fit others into neatly packed boxes for their own agendas, it's ridiculous. 

I would say that's fair, I would however like to add a caveat. When you're talking about things on a micro-level you have to generalize, because you really can't get a good consensus of the entire picture when you're trying to break down the individualities of everything.

Taking privileges an example, there certainly groups that have it easier than the others. White people generally have easier than black people, but that doesn't mean is that you get to languish at your station and blame everyone else for staying there. I have no problem admitting that it's extremely likely the overwhelming majority of black before I going to get a fair shake that's success. Let me send the overwhelming majority of people won't have the same footing for Success anyway for a myriad of reasons like you're alluding to. It just so happens race plays a factor.

what is a tough sell for me though is when white women want to talk about men having all the privilege, when they all realize they're on Extreme privilege. Men get longer prison sentences, are more likely to be victims of violent crimes, handicapped and civil courts because for some reason mothers are more important than fathers, they have equal opportunity coming out the ass, they have more advantages in college, there are more of them in college, there are literally hundreds of millions of dollars spent on battered women shelters to the federal government, and not a single dime contributed to battered men shelters. so when we're talking about privilege really have to step back and see what we're talking about.

I'm not saying he's a man I need help, I need help to right the wrongs in my life, but to ignore the fact that there are thousands of men out there who get beaten, abused, and stabbed, and sometimes worse by their spouses and they literally have no places to go, and there's hundreds of stories of men's being turned away from battered shelters because they only take women, and men are seen as the aggressors in domestic violence situations. They don't want men triggering women who have fear of men. Now I can totally understand women being afraid of minutes if you get out of an abusive relationship, but what happens to the men who get out of an abusive relationship. Where do they go?

Got none of this is the fault of women as a whole, it's a very small minority that keeps talking about how they're so underprivileged to a man, that it's ridiculous. That means that the overwhelming majority of them are just trying to live their lives and get along the best they can just like everyone else. I was raised by a single mother, I saw my mother struggle every single day of her life to give me better opportunity than what she had, only to die before she was 30 years old and never reap the benefits for hard work. my heart goes out to his single women, especially those were busting their ass every day for their kids. Everything I have is because of my mother, I had a good father, or stepfather, my unrelenting work ethic was definitely something that I gathered from watching my mother day in and day out.

I'm all for helping these people, but I am not for his handicapped and other people who need help to make sure you get that little extra leg up.

to your point of using broad Strokes here, I don't know any other way to address this issue, because it is something that is systemic. You have to be able to chunk problems, to be able to solve them, because there's no way you can sell this issue on an individual level. Not unless all of the sudden you can wave your wand and say something like stop beating each other, stop abusing people, stop using drugs, take care of your kids and all those other great things that great parents do. And have people listen and follow through.

so yes I certainly agree with your sentiment, but if we're going to solve problems not macro-level you have to put people in boxes, or at least so far as I've been able to rationalize. If you have a better way, and alternative perspective I'm all ears man.

There are plenty of ways white women are advantaged; there are also plenty of ways they have a difficult time in life. Men can absolutely be raped and sexually assaulted by women, but it's not a close ratio. Men tend to be more aggressive for a variety of reasons and that plays into social/sexual encounters. I think that's more an individual, entitled asshole problem than it is some societal epidemic. There are societal messages at play but at the end of the day, I tend to think the beliefs people internalize about themselves from home plays a larger role than the messages from society. The two have a lot of overlap, but I think parents who actually encouraged a kid to reflect on their parents and think for themselves would produce a respectable guy who isn't a piece of shit. Same for girls. 

I'll tell you, after I started dating my girlfriend it was like I started seeing things a different way. She said that a lot of guys approach her at various points throughout the week, or on social media, and it makes her uncomfortable. I can see why. My own bias 100% seeps into this perspective, but I think there are a lot of fuck boys out there, some of which masquerade as nice guys and some who are just your stereotypical frat boy. I completely understand why a woman would feel afraid of men, and frankly I think at the very least sexual harassment is more common than many think. 

I am of the belief that the majority of privilege stems from socioeconomic background. Because of how different races were treated historically, the socioeconomic situation still has a lot of racial factors into it. There's still racism in today's society; probably not at the level it was 40 years ago, but it's still there. People project their fears onto other groups of people literally every day and minority demographics of all kinds are usually the ones that suffer. 

There are a lot of people in life who won't deal with as much as I do on a week-to-week basis because they don't have to analyze the details of an overly obsessive mind to make sure they won't have a psychotic episode during a test or during a busy shift at work. There are a lot of people who deal with shit I couldn't even fathom because of the socioeconomic background I come from. It's a complex situation. There are white people who are poor as shit and treated horribly by society, and rich black people who still face shit but by and large have an easy time in life. The fact that I'm a white dude with a middle class background is a huge advantage, as is the fact that I'm at least average or above-average intelligence. 

I agree. At least in so far as that it's not a societal epidemic. This Harkens back to what I was saying earlier, but when you really think about it what else can we do? At least on a widespread level? Yes there are definitely entitled assholes out there, I don't think anybody can disagree with you. I am also very aware of how women are treated on a day-to-day basis. My wife is a beautiful lady, and I mean gorgeous, and she can't walk down a city block without somebody throwing her a glance. It used to bother me, but I think there are definitely some biological imperative there for a lot of that behavior, and what am I going to do fight every man that looks at her? That would literally become a full-time job. And it does scare me, my wife is more than capable of taking care of herself, but her a gun just to make sure. That being said I'm raising a daughter, and I know the last kind of guy that I would want my daughter to date is someone like me when I was 16 or 17, I only had one thing on my mind and it sure as hell wasn't good behavior. I think most men are that way in their adolescence, and again I think there are some biological factors at play here, but I also think that as you get older you should develop the self consciousness to know when things are appropriate or they're not.

One of the largest issues I see with that statement, is that we're kind of redefining welcome and unwelcome conduct. Rape is always been bad, it always will be bad, and it will never be a good thing. That said there are a lot of other things that are covered under the umbrella of sexual harassment that are changing. Not to sound like an old man here, but it used to be that if a woman put extra effort into making herself look nice, you could compliment her it wasn't a bad thing. For instance, if you have a secretary who's going out on a date, and she's doing everything she can to make herself look nice, and she comes in ready for the day looking like a million bucks, used to be able to be an environment that you could say hey, look very nice today, he's a lucky man. And that was okay. In this day and age, sometimes it isn't, and sometimes it is. The problem is it's hard to know which one that is without actually saying something.

I also understand there's a massive Chasm between saying hey you look very nice today, and hey sugar tits that's a sweet ass. so that notwithstanding, it is still getting very hard to know which is which.

and then you see stories of women who think men should have to have consent before they say anything to them, and that is just odd to me. I can understand if you say something vulgar, but if you're in line at a coffee shop, and you strike up an innocuous conversation, somebody can literally think you're trying to harass them. Now if somebody says hey leave me alone you make me feel uncomfortable, then by God you should do that. But if they don't say anything, then how do you really know?

I just feel that there's a lot of gray area when it comes to sexual harassment in so far as words are concerned. now any sort of physical touching is completely inappropriate, and things that society as a collective would agree or vulgar or definitely inappropriate. However I do believe a guy can say something that is meant with a fairly innocuous intent, and get made into something it isn't. Not granted these are rarely life-changing because I think most people can see the difference, but it just puts men in an odd place when it comes to being able to talk to women.

there's also some parallels with racism in those statements. I think from a legislative standpoint, things are about as good as they can get as far as race and sex is concerned. I mean literally what else do you do that you can make it federal law that is fair to make things better for either black people or women? I just don't know that you can. Now that's not to say as a society we don't have things we need to fix, but that's more on the individual level. I definitely agree that racism and sexism still exist, but how do you get that out of society? I think racism will slowly dwindled down, but I'm not sure we'll ever fully go away, and the same thing goes for sexism. Humans have been on this planet for Millennia now, and we came a long way as far as dwindling down idiocy, but it has never gone away, nor do I think it will unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

I'm generally a proponent of considering biological factors because then we can understand where these tendencies come from. However, I didn't mean to address people who are more sexually adventurous in their youth. 

I mean assholes who see something (not someone) they want and make them uncomfortable when they can't get it, if not worse. That is definitely more common than people tend to think, though I'm also not trying to claim every guy is like that. (Personally, I tend to hate other guys in an abstract way because of my own insecurities and past, and don't see a practical reason to let go of that unless an individual shows me I'm wrong). There's a lot of emotional dysregulation that factors into sexual harassment and assault. Those things will never go away, but I think teaching people how to process emotions effectively and in a healthy manner in their youth could cut down on that behavior. That, and kids not growing up with ideas of what it means to be a man or woman. Let kids sort their identity out for themselves. Unfortunately that last one will never happen, it's too profitable to exploit the population's insecurities to spark consumerism.

I also don't necessarily advocate for legislative change. I've made my stance clear before that I think a lot of societal issues are individual behavior problems on a mass scale, and they result from poorly handled emotions and poor development in their youth. I think more education into developmental and childhood attachment trauma could go a long way in helping to shape future generations to not be pieces of shit, regardless of their socioeconomic status, sex, race, etc.

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

She has one Native American ancestor from maybe TEN GENERATIONS AGO and she self-labeled herself as a minority. She did not prove herself right. She is a lying sack of shit who is using her great great great great great great great grandparent (seriously) to further her own career. 

She's disgusting. 

I have more Lebanese blood in me than Warren has Native American blood and have never once thought or referred to myself as a minority -- that's ridiculous. 

Now she didn't self-label, did she? She just let Harvard do so for her.

30 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Now she didn't self-label, did she? She just let Harvard do so for her.

“ Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being "Native American." They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory. “

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, blotsfan said:

He made a comment about how women don't get hit by men? Well I pointed out a damn good counter example. 

Blots, if you want open evidence of everything wrong with your debate skills and moral posturing, it's right here in these 2 sentences.

Sean said that men are more likely to be victims of violence (which is true)....not that women don't get hit by men.

You completely change statements all the time because you lack any real counter punch. Now you've reached a new low by making it personal when twisting words by itself wasn't enough.

Great job, kid. Send in your application to MSNBC already.

Because it was was sucha comically sexist screed that's a serious response was honestly not worth it. Maybe a twinge of guilt would do some good but obviously not. I honestly don't feel the need to spare others feelings when they're being shitty.

Sean, maybe one day you'll be a good person but you honestly aren't one now. You aren't the word that person I've ever met, or even the worst person here, but its still true. I know you won't give a shit hearing that from me but that's what it is. 

And to the rest of you, why does it bother you so much more when I make an asshole comment specifically to Sean, but not when he makes several about women in general? You shouldn't need a specific face to sympathize with people. 

It's not sexist to suggest that white women have the easiest lives in America. It's a point of view that has a good argument behind it. It's not necessarily true or false, but it's also not so blatant false that it's absurd or so openly true that it doesn't need saying.

Your response to it is just classic "not the preferred mainstream liberal narrative so it's racist/sexist/[insert monority here]phobic" by default.

Edited by BwareDWare94

11 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

Because it was was sucha comically sexist screed that's a serious response was honestly not worth it. Maybe a twinge of guilt would do some good but obviously not. I honestly don't feel the need to spare others feelings when they're being shitty.

Sean, maybe one day you'll be a good person but you honestly aren't one now. You aren't the word that person I've ever met, or even the worst person here, but its still true. I know you won't give a shit hearing that from me but that's what it is. 

And to the rest of you, why does it bother you so much more when I make an asshole comment specifically to Sean, but not when he makes several about women in general? You shouldn't need a specific face to sympathize with people. 

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm glad you're here to be our morale compass, blots. I honestly don't know what we would do without you, bro. Keep fighting the good fight. 

It's a good thing to be passionate, but to allow that passion to manifest itself  in chastising and insulting others only serves to make divisions worse. He's actively derailing what he wants and doesn't realize it.

Edited by BwareDWare94

He is definitely the reason Trump won, he is the reason he has a chance again lol. Leftists like that douchebag are the best anti-liberal advertising there could possibly be.

1 hour ago, blotsfan said:

The only thing I'm doing is suggesting that you consider your hypocrisy in this situation. You are expecting people to do something (show sympathy and understand from another's perspective) that you yourself have shown neither the willingness nor the ability to do... even with people who agree with you on a lot.

Be the change you want to see in this world, blots. Do you think it's helpful to demand that other people change their behavior if you're not going to do the same? And if you feel no need to be kind to others, how can you expect them to be kind to you or your views?

And to be clear again, most people don't have a problem with your views. It's how you express them. But I can't force you to try to work with people instead of against them. You have to want it. 

And if you don't, that's fine, too. I just hope you realize that you are never going to get everything you want in life no matter how right you think you are. But that's ok. You said this to me in another post: don't let perfect get in the way of better.

There are lots of people here who share your passion for seeing change, but you don't listen to them. I want to help, are you really going to turn me away? 

Edited by Sarge