Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I think it's called narcissism, dawg. Idk, OSU please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because you're a walking DSM lol

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Omerta said:

He is definitely the reason Trump won, he is the reason he has a chance again lol. Leftists like that douchebag are the best anti-liberal advertising there could possibly be.

Trump will win easily again as long as things continue down the path they are right now. Now, if the pubs really do cut SS and Medicare, they're going to doom themselves

Edited by BwareDWare94

4 hours ago, seanbrock said:

I think it's called narcissism, dawg. Idk, OSU please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because you're a walking DSM lol

I'm just gonna say it's irresponsible to throw around labels like that. People do it with Trump all the time, even professionals. The circumstances that lead to certain behaviors can stem from a lot of situations, and something like clinical narcissism is almost always a complex combination of genetics and attachment trauma. 

There's heightened narcissism all over the place but that's not what NPD (narcissistic personality disorder) is. I don't agree with blots' and his way of handling this situation, but I again think throwing around psychiatric labels in any situation outside of a professional diagnosing a client/patient under their care is irresponsible.

• Upvote 2

On 10/16/2018 at 8:32 PM, seanbrock said:

Lol. I have went to bat for you time and time again, asked people personally both in private and in threads not to be dicks to you. Said you were a good dude numerous times in the shout box that can be backed up by most regular members. You are such a pussy. Peace.

I don't think he was leaving, he was just saying peace to Ngata, because Ngata was putting him on ignore. Gotta look at context. The fact that he posted afterwards, seems to bear out what I'm saying here.

8 hours ago, OSUViking said:

I'm just gonna say it's irresponsible to throw around labels like that. People do it with Trump all the time, even professionals. The circumstances that lead to certain behaviors can stem from a lot of situations, and something like clinical narcissism is almost always a complex combination of genetics and attachment trauma. 

There's heightened narcissism all over the place but that's not what NPD (narcissistic personality disorder) is. I don't agree with blots' and his way of handling this situation, but I again think throwing around psychiatric labels in any situation outside of a professional diagnosing a client/patient under their care is irresponsible.

This x 10. I myself have been using variations of the term narcissist too much, too. It's so complex. Childhood trauma is at the root of so many psychiatric disorders. It's a heavy topic.

Kleenex had to rebrand "mansized" Kleenex's. This is why we need finusm guys.

Seriously can we no longer identify anything by a gender, even as a joke? In a weird way I feel like they were playing on the FACT men are bigger than women, and these Kleenex's are bigger than average. Although it was probably trying to take women's right to vote. Freaking oppressive Kleenex's. What a bunch of mansized bitches.

Edited by Omerta

11 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

This x 10. I myself have been using variations of the term narcissist too much, too. It's so complex. Childhood trauma is at the root of so many psychiatric disorders. It's a heavy topic.

To be fair fair there is a clinical definition and a regular definition of the word, right?

11 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

To be fair fair there is a clinical definition and a regular definition of the word, right

I'll raise.

What what do we do about a man beating the shit out of women? Where's all the liberal feminist now talking about assault? I'm fine with Democrats, I actually even like a lot of their policies when it's talking about unions, Health Care reform, immigration reform, legalization of marijuana, and general equality, but these far-left people are absolutely insane. they want superiority in Progressive to be so bad they don't care that biological women get hurt in the process.

in a weird sort of way though, it's almost as if the universe is trying to achieve balance no matter how far we try to go with things. We start letting girls into the Boy Scouts, but girls won't let poison to the Girl Scouts. So now boys are just going into women's sports and winning everything. So I guess we're taking away sports from them.

By the way with a little cyclist guy, it's crazy that he thinks it was a legitimate win. I mean it's legitimate the sense that he probably cross the finish line first, but to think having years and years of testosterone build your system, things like bone density, muscle density, muscular contraction, where muscle attaches to the Bone for leverage, fast twitch muscle fibers, are all incredibly advantageous and far more prominent in men than women. That's not to say some women don't have physical advantages over some man, that's absolutely case, but by and large it just seems like we're kind of ignoring the advantages men have as far as physicality goes. I think it's actually pretty unfair for men to compete in women's sports, or at least women who were born as men. I would not be opposed to having  a transgender League,a place where all of the participants have the same advantage, and they all know that going in. I could definitely see them being upset about that though cuz it's like we're singling them out, but realistically what do we do? I don't think allowing men to beat the hell out of women is there right answer. I don't think exclusions the right answer either, this is just such an odd predicament.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1

No idea what the standards are for that competition or what a transgender athlete would have to go through to compete with other women, but if the lady who complained really did beat the transgender athlete that many times before, kind of sounds like she's just butthurt. 

The last tweet from the winner annoys me. That's what transphobia looks like? That looks more like a sore loser grasping for whatever straws she can to justify why she just lost. I really don't know much about this situation, but from what I read in that article it sounds like the 3rd place finisher is a sore loser. That being, shutting down the discussion of "where do transgender athletes belong in sports" because "transphobia" seems extreme. It's a discussion to have; that doesn't mean it has to lead to them being excluded from sports, but too many people won't even discuss these things because people get so butthurt about it. 

I'm curious, are there any cases of transgender athletes competing with other men? Legitimate question.

Edited by OSUViking

8 minutes ago, OSUViking said:

No idea what the standards are for that competition or what a transgender athlete would have to go through to compete with other women, but if the lady who complained really did beat the transgender athlete that many times before, kind of sounds like she's just butthurt. 

The last tweet from the winner annoys me. That's what transphobia looks like? That looks more like a sore loser grasping for whatever straws she can to justify why she just lost. I really don't know much about this situation, but from what I read in that article it sounds like the 3rd place finisher is a sore loser. That being, shutting down the discussion of "where do transgender athletes belong in sports" because "transphobia" seems extreme. It's a discussion to have; that doesn't mean it has to lead to them being excluded from sports, but too many people won't even discuss these things because people get so butthurt about it. 

I'm curious, are there any cases of transgender athletes competing with other men? Legitimate question.

I can't definitively say no, however I'm pretty big at all sports, and as of right now I know of no transgender man who is competing with cisgender men, in any mainstream sport.

IIRC, there is a major issue that you guys are missing with the wrestler. They will not let her compete in the men's division. It's not her choice to compete there.

Well then she shouldn't be allowed to compete at all. Either men's or nothing

Riiiight. Because its her fault they wont let her compete.

In other news, the NY AG has discovered that over 9 million pro-net neutrality comments were faked by the FCC. They used the profiles of people- alive and dead- that had no knowledge of their identities being used. More shittiness from Ajit Pai's organization.

Idk if it matters in some sports TBH but in a sport like MMA it's fucking dangerous and anyone who sanctions a fight like that should not be allowed to sanction fights anymore.

1 hour ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Well then she shouldn't be allowed to compete at all. Either men's or nothing

she doesn't want to fight men, at least I haven't read anything that said she does. I haven't even heard sources that have crappy credibility say that. I would be open to it, but everything I've read from your standard MMA Outlets have not said she wanted to fight men. She said she's a woman thus she should fight women. I think it may have been in that documentary about her called Game Face. It is actually pretty good documentary comment paints her in a decent light, actually I think it would be fair to say they paint her in a good light. Which is fair.

I don't know how to really approach this situation. I think it's very difficult. She has put a lot of time and effort into her craft, now granted she still relies on a lot of her brute strength to get her through fights which is why she can be beaten by Fighters with better technique, but no fighter I've seen her against has been able to overpower her. So the question becomes should we let her beat women that have a biological disadvantage?

If the answer is no, then where does she get to Showcase her skills? I definitely think she should have a platform to Showcase your skills, because it is her passion and she has worked hard to do it, and I would feel uncomfortable taking away her right to compete.also, what are you going to have her do? Are you going to force her to fight men against her will? Let's say she is willing and I missed it, if she fights men that's unfair to her. She fights in the bantamweight division, right now the bantamweight division is ruled by a guy named Tyler Jeffrey Dillashaw. that man is an absolute killer, he took the best the MMA world had to offer, and made them all look silly. So do you really throw a woman in there, or if you view her as a man, do you throw her in there to get absolutely butchered by Dillashaw? That hardly seems like a good solution either because now you have somebody who was willfully putting themselves at a physical disadvantage, and getting absolutely beaten up.

if you say she should be allowed to fight women, how do you Rectify that with her natural advantages. I have seen a lot of people try to attack this from an idiotic perspective. In 2004 the international Olympic Committee said that transgender athletes could compete as long as they had a reassignment surgery, we're on hormone replacement therapy for a year, and we're legally recognized as a female. Now everyone takes that study and touted as evidence that there are equal, but they're really not. That study just says the testosterone levels of a trans woman is lower than that of her female contemporaries. Now that part is absolutely true, that cannot be denied.

the problem is what else can I be denied is the fact that if you transition when you're 30, you've had 30 years of benefits from testosterone. Your reaction time is faster, your muscles are bigger, and they have developed differently, your bones are stronger, your jaw develops in a different way, the bones in your hand and wrist or thicker, they're really is no way to undo those completely. Now sure taking hormone replacement therapy will dissipate some of that, even most of that, but when you see what the margin of error is for all of these high-level athletes it really does give you a competitive Advantage even if it is a small one. Think of the NFL, a guy who is two tenths of a second slower is all of the sudden a slow wide receiver. John Ross ran a 4.26 40-yard dash, if a receiver were to run a 4.46, then they're looked at as more of a possession receiver. 2 tenths of a second is the difference between a combine record and a possession receiver with decent speed, not great speed but decent. 2 tenths of a second.hormone replacement therapy is not going to undo all of those advantages, even if you keep a little that's a Competitive Edge, and most keep some I won't put a number on it, just because I'm not a doctor and I don't know definitively, and most doctors won't assign a percentage to it either they will just say they keep some of it.

I am all for transgender people being able to Showcase their skills, but this is definitely going to be one of the problems that you run into in a society that we have. I think it's great she's following her passion, and I wish her well, I really do. I just don't wish her to beat up on people that she has a natural biological advantage over. I also don't want to see her fight men and get killed, I really think if she was in a five-round fight with TJ Dillashaw he would kill her, not intentionally but the head trauma alone would be severe.

I am open to Solutions, because I sure as hell can't think of any good ones. And if this wall of text comes out looking messed up, I have had it on talk to text for a while now.

4 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Idk if it matters in some sports TBH but in a sport like MMA it's fucking dangerous and anyone who sanctions a fight like that should not be allowed to sanction fights anymore.

Which sports does it not matter? Not saying they don't exist... but the biological differences in born males and females is pretty apparent across most sports. Average male golfers (not necessarily pro) drive the ball off the tee 70 yards further than women... Average male tennis players serve the ball 20 mph faster than women.Men are faster in sports like running and swimming and hold practically all the fastest times. The absolute hardest female pitchers are just north of 80 mph... Women use smaller balls and shoot from a shorter distance in the WNBA (men still have higher shooting% ). The differences in more physical sports like football or combat sports are obvious. 

Obviously there are exceptions and outliers.. There are weak men, strong women etc. At the end of the day it's really tough to cross those lines in sports. Females transitioning to males is tough because he is probably taking doses of testosterone -- in most cases he is still going to get his ass kicked by other boys/men because of lower levels but dominate girls/women. The other way around is the same exact thing, just with naturally more testosterone (like Fallon Fox) .. She's gonna kill most women, and does... The injuries she incurs on her opponents is from just brute strength. You ever see those cartoons or movies where you have this super buff, roided out mofo and then these little pipsqueaks run up to them and punch them with everything they've got and the roided out mofo doesn't even feel it or flinch? Ya... that's Fallon Fox in womens MMA. Watching chicks try and hit her would be comical in other settings -- kinda scary in a ring though.

Biology and genetics just can't be ignored. 

The question comes down to... Who is it more important to be fair to -- the transgender athlete or everyone else. 

Lose - Lose right there. 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 2

Bowling is a sport lol idk man. I feel like trans people should be able to compete but not in sports where they could hurt a naturally female competitor. 

8 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Bowling is a sport lol idk man. I feel like trans people should be able to compete but not in sports where they could hurt a naturally female competitor. 

Something like a trans league ? That seems like it would turn into people viewing it more like a freak show than legitimate sport. I hope not, but I don't trust people to treat it with any modicum of respect or legitimacy.

I don't want trans women fighting dudes either because Odds are they get just as fuckes up in that as their opponents wooden the female sports.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1

Any sort of physical combat--a biological male should not be able to fight in the female divisions, period. ANY sport where being male provides a competitive advantage, a biological male should not be able to compete in the female divisions.

This is not that complicated. Good lord. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Any sort of physical combat--a biological male should not be able to fight in the female divisions, period. ANY sport where being male provides a competitive advantage, a biological male should not be able to compete in the female divisions.

This is not that complicated. Good lord. 

The world is not so black and white, young grasshopper. 

As Favre said, it's lose-lose.

I may be confusing Fallon Fox with another transgender athlete. There was one I was reading an article about that was a wrestler in the women's division only because they wouldn't let her compete with the men.

Here's the question: was her technically he?

This is what I'm thinking of, I have it backwards. He is a guy who was born female and they are forcing him to fight in the women's division and he is kicking everyone's collective ass.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/25/transgender-wrestler-mack-beggs-wins-texas-girls-title

That's pretty incredible but, man I think we're getting into some dangerous waters if we use that as proof of any kind. I think at least wrestling isn't as bad as MMA. You can kill somebody in an MMA fight. We also now understand that brain trauma can be a silent killer. Do you honestly think for example that a woman has a place on a football field? I think you take this case by case as much as possible because it's wrong to exclude people from society but I mean, if you're 500lbs you might be able to get on all the rides at the amusement park. There are existing cases in which we have laws and rules to keep people from hurting themselves and others. It's a fine line to walk but I think there is a need for it.