Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

7 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

I'm sorry, but that shit is absolutely 100% not appropriate. I did not need to see a child cut in half, nor do I expect to see that in this thread. Please delete that post, that shit belongs in NHB. Pictures of dead children do not do anything to advance your argument, because there's no context to how they died, it's simply an appeal to emotion.

Lol mmmmmkay 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, seanbrock said:

Lol mmmmmkay 

That was way over the line and you know it. You didn't even spoiler tag it or anything. 

Just now, Thanatos said:

That was way over the line and you know it. You didn't even spoiler tag it or anything. 

It's a harsh reality. Does the context really matter? What would justify that in your eyes? I can provide context if you would like, though.

• Downvote 1

I'm done talking to you. Posting pics of dead children for shock value is the lowest of the low in terms of debate, especially with no warning. I don't go looking for worldstar shit because that stuff makes me sick to my stomach. There are horrible atrocities done every day, posting pics of children who died in a Yemen/SA conflict does absolutely jack shit to prove anything about it being the US's fault. It's simply emotional fodder to shock the system.

5 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

I'm done talking to you. Posting pics of dead children for shock value is the lowest of the low in terms of debate, especially with no warning. I don't go looking for worldstar shit because that stuff makes me sick to my stomach. There are horrible atrocities done every day, posting pics of children who died in a Yemen/SA conflict does absolutely jack shit to prove anything about it being the US's fault. It's simply emotional fodder to shock the system.

You ever hear the phrase a picture tells a thousand words. I'm just trying to make this shit real to you because it's easy to say "well ya know it's hard being president." To me, that's not a tough call. Obama could have easily put a stop to this but instead he actually helped the Saudi's do it with illegal airstrikes among many other war crimes. This is so morally wrong that I really don't see how you can have the stance you do.

Can we leave the graphic imagery for NHB? I get that this is an important topic, and that all politicians are criminals, but if the public doesn't hold them accountable, no one will. I've made a new topic in the NHB if you want to put stuff like that out there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, RazorStar said:

Can we leave the graphic imagery for NHB? I get that this is an important topic, and that all politicians are criminals, but if the public doesn't hold them accountable, no one will. I've made a new topic in the NHB if you want to put stuff like that out there. 

fuck that was disappointing

Trump is talking about getting drug prices down... Idk if anything will materialize especially considering it is right around the corner from elections but he’s talking about the right things. At least in my mind

• Upvote 2

Trump says a lot of things. At the end of the day though all he cares about is using his office to make money. I'd be shocked if he actually did anything about it.

It's hard to believe the greed of some people out there, man. I've never met someone that fucked up in my actual life. It's just hard to believe that not only that kind of evil exists. It's so sad we live in a society that sanctions that. They're killing people for money. People that have done nothing to them. In some cases they're killing children...for money.

Edited by seanbrock

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Agree with that entirely. I work in pharmacy atm and the drug prices are insane. And its honestly way worse than the average person knows. I can see the actual cost paid for the drug versus the price that is being charged to the consumer.

For example, a certain diabetes medication called Enbrel, cost roughly $300. They charge $12,000 with no insurance, and even with insurance they still wanted over $5,000. If Trump can actually do something about the ridiculous prices, that is a serious win in my book.

Yeah, it's insane. Huge part of the problem with health care in this country. Kinda cool to see the actual numbers / examples you gave. Well... not cool, but.. interesting I guess. A lot of these same drugs in other countries cost people a fraction of what they do here. Figure that one out.

Another reason is these insane hospital bills... My mom has some kind of seizure disorder with, up to this point, unknown causes or origins and she battles it without a diagnosis of any kind... Doctors, neurologists, they have no idea what's going on. Unfortunately there is really nothing a hospital can do when one of these seizures happen. Just have to wait it out... But we've been to the ER multiple times. Taking a bed for approximately 2 hours, seeing no actual doctor, getting no medications or treatments whatsoever costs thousands of dollars. Thousands. For two hours... And that doesn't include the ambulance which is practically legal theft.

It's no wonder people in this country can't afford health care. If two hours where the hospital does almost literally nothing costs that, imagine being there for a day.... a week... or longer. Blows my mind.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

I had a medication that had worked wonders for my psychosis supplied for free by a study that I was in. I was going to move to an injectable form in another study, but withdrew as I was having a lot of anxiety about that transition and wanted to stay on the oral. I also had some scheduling conflicts that were going to make it touchy even if I wanted to be in the study. 

I wanted to stay on that medication, as it had worked pretty well for almost two years at that point. I called the insurance to see whether it would be covered, and it wasn't. It was going to cost me like $300 a month just to get a 30-pill bottle. That's pathetic. 

I am not familiar with the healthcare or health insurance industries, but I refuse to believe there is any justification for why prices are so high or why shit is the way it is. My two hospital stays for mental health issues were 2-3 days, and each of them cost several thousand dollars. I had to go the first time no doubt; I was considering suicide to prevent the horrible thoughts I was having from becoming reality. I almost don't want to go to the hospital in the future because of the cost, not just because it's boring once I stabilize. 

Just in case the Governor down in Georgia knocking black voters off the roles in an election he himself is participating in as both candidate and chief election official (lol) wasn't enough to convince people that a non-minor part of the GOP is racist:

And also yes, this is true: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/north-carolina-voter-id/

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 2

On 10/28/2018 at 8:20 PM, Thanatos said:

The hospital literally makes up costs that they then say they are charging, all so they can "cut their prices" for the insurance. When you have people who literally have to wear wristbands that say "do not call an ambulance if I have a seizure" you know how badly this country is fucked.

And its annoying as hell, because somehow people blame us at the pharmacy. Your local pharmacy is not the one who sets the prices, its the insurance. I am right there with you being outraged by these prices.

And by completely underhanded tactics. Here's you another example.

Patient who needed an inhaler, was literally having trouble breathing right in front of me. The insurance would only cover it if it was a 30-day supply. This inhaler only came in 25 days supply, that's just how it comes. I called them on the phone to discuss the situation and try to get him something else. We wanted to swap him to a different one that does the same thing but is a 30 day supply. Not covered. Tried a different one. Not covered. At this point the pharmacist is as angry as I've ever seen him and asks what the hell they want us to do. Keep in mind each time this happened, we had hung up on them being assured it would go through if it was a 30 day supply, and then had to re-dial them after we had gotten the product out and then discovered its still not covered. They wanted us to special order yet another inhaler which is actually way more expensive BUT they have a better contract with its makers so they can cover it (that was our guess as that is the case a lot of times, they didn't exactly specify that). Since it was only made in three locations in the US, it would take at least three days to get here. Meanwhile the gentleman is still struggling to breathe.

Pharmacist told them to go to hell and re-sent the claim through for the original one and manually changed the day supply on the inhaler to a 30 day one and then overrode the computer just so it would go through their systems. 

He got in a lot of trouble for it a couple weeks later, with a rep from the insurance company coming in to whine about it. Just another example of how fucked the insurance is in this country.

OR Formulary lists. All insurance companies have a list of drugs they cover called their formulary. The insurance new year starts on July 1, so a lot of times come July 2, a lot of patients suddenly have drugs they have been getting regularly that are no longer covered. Does the insurance even bother to notify them? Of course not.

I wonder if there's a group lobbying for legislation that insurance covers any and all medications? Hell, even if there's a $20 deductible on each drug, that'd be an improvement

5 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Just in case the Governor down in Georgia knocking black voters off the roles in an election he himself is participating in as both candidate and chief election official (lol) wasn't enough to convince people that a non-minor part of the GOP is racist:

And also yes, this is true: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/north-carolina-voter-id/

Horrible that this still exists in 2018. We've come a long way but I think this makes it obvious that we still have a lot of work to. 

Being politically concious feels like a burden sometimes. On one hand you have a bunch of bought racist psychopaths and we have seen what the Democrats will do to secure payment from their donors (many of whom donate to both parties.) This guy Andy Kim running in PA says he refuses to take corporate money in an ad paid for by a super pac lol. Wtf man, it's really bad. We need ranked choice voting and an amendment to address the way campaigns are financed. 

Basically it was some dumb teenage shitheads making a joke. While that's all it was, the sentiment was almost certainly there. The Saudi government is notoriously thin skinned and it wouldn't surprise me to see them actually try something like this in the future. Because the world will just blame it on Iraq or Syria again, all those middle east countries are basically the same anyway, right?

• Upvote 1

Speaking of dumb (near) teenage shitheads:

Anyone who has looked at Trump's twitter has seen the self-serving pandering tweets posted by Jacob Wohl in response to nearly all of them. This little 20 year old piece of shit (who has already been banned for life from hedge fund managing due to fraud), decided that his best move to try to help out Donald Trump was to pay as many women as would come forward and claim they were assaulted by... Robert Mueller.

Not only did he approach esteemed professors with this ridiculous attempt at extortion he also

1. Used his OWN email address to register Surefire Intelligence, a supposed investigative service that had the dirt on Mueller

2. Used his own pictures, slightly edited, for the profile of Matthew Cohen, the supposed leader of said service

3. Used pictures of a top Israeli model for the director of information, and finally, and most comically

4. Used his MOTHER's telephone number as the number to call for information.

He then used his twitter account to tease the announcement, and after NBC News utterly destroyed him on air, (he hung up on them after they told him the number was registered to his mother), said that it was simply more fake news and plans to go ahead with the announcement sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Just fucking hilarious. Some far right wingers actually believed their own shit that the Dems were paying people to come forward to accuse Kavanaugh, so they tried it themselves, but with such ridiculous amateur mistakes there was no way they weren't going to get caught.

There's a whole lot more ridiculousness, including, but not limited to:

Mueller has an iron clad alibi for the day in question, given that he had to report for jury duty in Washington DC the same day. (He was of course turned down from actually being on the jury.)

The accusation states that Mueller took the lady to his suite on the 19th floor of the St. Regis. There is a gym- and no suites, no rooms at all- on the 19th floor of the St. Regis.

The code on the website- code that anyone could see until they deleted it by simply pressing the F12 key- linked directly to Jacob Wohl's email account- his *primary email account.*

The pictures for the employees of Surefire Intelligence are all googled images- Nick Hopper from Britain, Christopher Waltz the actor, and some are merely stock photos.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/10/30/comically-flawed-attempt-smear-robert-mueller-explained/

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 2

It's actually brilliant. With the tribalism of the two party climate, it doesn't matter whether or not it's true. The two party system robs people of their critical thinking.

• Upvote 1

Holy shit, this is freightening. The one girl Abby Huntsman and Joy Behar (lol) bring up valubale points but it just totally gets shut down as soon as they start talking about Les Moonves. The way Whoopi ends the segment is like 1984 level freightening.

How dare you make me watch the view with my own eyes.

• Upvote 2