Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I was arguing with this Democrat girl about third parties. She told me they exist to take votes from Democrats. The Libertarian Party is way more established and more organized and supported party than the Green Party lol. I want to see some evidence that they take more votes from Democrats than Republicans. The argument that essentially is people are too dumb to vote 3rd party so you have to vote X is circular and designed to reinforce this bullshit system. Ranked Choice Voting people.

I read an article awhile ago that a large majority of Libertarians were previously Republicans. I think like 75% or so.. IIRC. I would have to look the article up again.

GOP trying their best to suppress the vote. Especially Kemp down in Georgia. Go to this thread, there's more there than just the Detroit thing. People being told they need photo ID when they dont, people in ND telling natives that tribal IDs are not accepted, voting machines being allowed to run out of electricity because they weren't plugged in in Georgia in majority black neighborhoods, or only allocating three machines to a majority black precinct. It is absolutely unethical that Brian Kemp is both chief election official and running for office.

• Upvote 1

Jeff Sessions steps down as Attorney General (at Trumps request)... 

Let's hope Chris Christie isn't bumbling around in the shadows. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/2/2018 at 12:11 PM, seanbrock said:

Love the quote "The party badly wants to nominate a woman" 

uhhh how about the best candidate?

NAh, why do that when you have millions of potatoes who will vote on identity alone :yao:

• Haha 1

Especially when it's evident that Tulsi Gabbard (a woman lol) would win against Trump in one of the most epic landslide victories in US presidential history but the DNC would rather see Trump get re-elected than have somebody like Gabbard win that would chase away the big donors. This is why I feel that the Democratic party is beyond saving in a nutshell. Even if you wanted to be a fire brand progressive democrat what kind of committees are you getting on? Nothing good, that's all but a guarantee. 

Not saying she won't run (RE: Hillary) but yesterday should have been a big indicator to the Dems that the people don't want a super far left liberal gas bag. You have a corporatist hack who caters to the 1% while pretending to care about poor people... they will lose to Trump again and that will be embarrassing. 

I have no confidence in our election system. I think it's pretty clear that the will of the American people has not been represented by legilsators for a long time. Honestly the money in politics. With Donna Brazille basically confirming what WikiLeaks said and then them admitting in court in Florida that they have no obligation not to tip the scales in their primaries. With the CLASSIC Republican strategy of blocking minorities from voting, which they employ in every state. (I don't think all Republicans are racists but you should not be cool with that. If you are, I mean, spin it whatever way you want. We all know what that means.) Gerrymandering etc. How the hell can we even trust that any of this shit is legitimate? I think there are some exceptional people that can overcome the odds (there is a limit to how brazen they can be) and get elected and make a difference but it's really fucking hard man. 

I am slowly coming over to Sean's side on this one. The absolute ridiculous gerrymandering is just insane, and the Dems have been getting shafted on it for 8 years now. I have zero confidence that if they win everything in 2020 we won't have the same problem in the opposite direction.

The Dems won the popular vote yesterday by nearly 10%. I think the country may indeed be fine with a far left candidate, Hillary is absolutely not far-left. The younger people (18-25) voted massively for Dems, (75%), with over a million new young voters. The country is swinging left, but I think it's significantly more left than the elected reps show us, it's just extremely hard as a progressive to get into power and then both stay in power and also stay true to your principles.

On that note, congrats to Cortez, not sure if it was ever really in doubt given she was in New York, but here's hoping she sticks to her guns. Go befriend Bernie if she hasn't already.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else think these shootings could connected to my ultra-like experiments? I mean, I have no proof but the Unibomber was. Vice did a story about the FBI supposedly trying to get this Cuban national to detonate a bomb in Florida. Idk man, like I said, this is just a hunch but I think it's a possibility that should be in the discussion. Maybe it has no merritt but we should leave no stone unturned.

So Sarah Sanders releases a video that was doctored by InfoWars Paul Joseph Watson on the official WH press secretary twitter as justification for revoking Acosta's press credentials. Straight out of 1984.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential, command." The amount of Trump supporters and GOPers who are literally telling us not to believe our eyes and supporting a doctored video as some sort of evidence that Acosta hit that woman when he clearly wasn't even looking at her and was just making hand motions while he talked is just absolutely ridiculous.

You can argue that Acosta was being rude for not giving up the mic as ordered, (though WH press conferences have always been weird like that), and you certainly shouldn't be blaming the intern, but when the WH tries to claim that what he did was hit the young lady and then releases a doctored video to prove it, then holy shit. This is just crazy. I know it got overlooked because of the mass shooting in California, (can't make any more gun laws guys), but this behavior towards the press is probably the most dangerous thing the Admin is doing, just because of the long term impact it will have.

• Upvote 1

Just one of the many dangerous things they've been doing over the past 3 years at this point.

I get that, but I do think this is the most dangerous. Making the American people not trust the press, and legitimizing a conspiracy website like Info Wars, as well as constantly quoting Breitbart as if its actual journalism, in the long-term I think that's the most dangerous thing to this country. Once the trust has been eradicated, anyone can basically say anything they want with no way to check them on whether its true.

So what do we do about it? 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, RazorStar said:

Just one of the many dangerous things they've been doing over the past 3 years at this point.

More than that. Obama prosecuted, jailed and tortured journalists and whistle blowers...had a kill list. and he's been the best president of my life time so what does that tell you? Lol

• Upvote 2

Obviously, its Trump and is usually extremely petty or over actual truths so it is dangerous and all that but lets not forget the US media has been arguably one of the biggest issues in our country...so a part of me is kinda happy some of them are getting shit on even if its totally irrational. :smug:

17 hours ago, seanbrock said:

More than that. Obama prosecuted, jailed and tortured journalists and whistle blowers...had a kill list. and he's been the best president of my life time so what does that tell you? Lol

Since Thanatos apparently doesn't believe this happened, here's a good article regarding Obama's unprecedented stamping out of whistle blowers:

https://www.longislandpress.com/2017/01/14/obamas-legacy-historic-war-on-whistleblowers/

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

Since Thanatos apparently doesn't believe this happened, here's a good article regarding Obama's unprecedented stamping out of whistle blowers:

https://www.longislandpress.com/2017/01/14/obamas-legacy-historic-war-on-whistleblowers/

I always talk shit on Democrats because there needs to be context to this shit. Corruption didn't start when Trump took office. Like I said, Obama did all that and he was very easily the best president of my lifetime but that's how we get Trump. It was much more about the failure of democratic leadership for DECADES. They turned their backs on unions and working people to chase big donations, period. That's why Hillary lost the Rust Belt and that's why Democrats have been losing power all over the country for years. Winning only 26 seats running against the Republicans is absolutely pathetic. I realize there was fraud and gerrymandering. I said a couple posts before this that I have very little faith in our election system but it's not all the evil Republicans fault and make no mistake the elected Republican officials are almost all pretty evil.

Before the 2016 election aka before Trump, premiums went up 25%. Maybe that has something to do with it too. Most Democrats STILL don't run on medicare for all. They want to strengthen the ACA :yao:

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

I actually meant to +1 him, though I don't agree with everything he said.

While Obama certainly cracked down on whistleblowers and journalists, the idea that torture of journalists and whistleblowers was something that was engaged in by the Obama admin is fringe conspiracy theory at best. There is no evidence- at least so far as I have found feel free to drop a link to a reputable source, as your article does not address that part of sean's claims- that the admin went that far.

As far as a kill list, sean's statement makes it seem like that kill list was also of journalists and whistleblowers? Not sure if that's what being claimed here, but if so, that is also fringe conspiracy at best- again, as far I've found. Of course he had a kill list of known terrorists, that's been the same since 9/11.

On 11/11/2018 at 5:02 PM, Sarge said:

So what do we do about it? 

I have not the faintest idea how to stop it. It's sinister in how easy it is to do and how hard it is to stop. The Russian propaganda movement that has been all over facebook and twitter utilizes the same tactics- basically flood the internet with lies over and over, and eventually you dilute the truth and make it hard to find, or you get ahead of the story by posting your lies first. Since most people tend to believe the first thing they read about a situation unless it directly contradicts their worldview, that makes it far more difficult to get the truth out.

• Upvote 1

People have been reading fake news on the internet long before the last presidential election. You are FAR too smart to fall for this bullshit that the Russians are creating all these problems. Come on man, please snap out of this lol.

Here's the other thing, how many people were actually swayed by it? How many reading that shit weren't already voting for Trump? I need to see some fucking data and some proof on this. It's like the tabloids at the grocery store. Most people look at the cover for 30 seconds in line, laugh and move on. 

There are also already AMERICAN political groups that speak perfect English that post lies on FB. Groups from probably every country with a fucking internet connection. You do understand how much US elections effect global economics and  politics right? Do you think Russia is the only country who would have preferred candidates? Why are idiot Democrats so stuck on Russia when just common sense would tell them this is fucking dumb? Break your conditioning. You're smart, smarter than me and if you tried you could break all this shit down.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we can all agree that people of all sorts of political views are guilty of spreading so many lies that it gets hard to tell the truth apart from those lies.

It's up to each individual to stop saying things that they know to be false. What a world it would be! That's not going to happen, sadly.

I'm trying to get better at not getting snagged on the first headline I see and listening to my conscience when I read something. We shouldn't have to do that, but we don't really have a choice, do we?

I wish more people would sacrifice, just once on a while, the need to be right in order to pursue the truth. I get it, I get it, nobody wants us to know the truth. The truth doesn't make money. How do we know that?

We've never had truthful journalism to say whether or not it is profitable. Why don't we give it a try? Let's stop sacrificing the future by coming up with the most convenient way to cover our asses when we fuck up.

People are going to get active politically once all these bubbles burst. Right now we're faced with friendly neo-liberal facism or some racist, sexist ugly form of corporate facism. Either one will end up in us eventually destroying ourselves and everyone else. The latter will expedite things. Maybe the rapture is real because the way we worship money and material shit is fucking disgusting. Americans are conditioned to hate the other or hate people with less than them for some reason. Even people who are supposedly on the left like Bill Maher are constantly punching down from their mansions at all the dumb Trump voters because they're too out of touch to realize how much working people who gotten the bi-partisain shaft because they did great under Obama. Obama presided over a MASSIVE transfer of wealth from workers to Wallstreet and he paved the way for Trump to steal even more.

I really don't see how people can't see we need serious radical change. There is no room for incrimentalism and corporatism. They have failed MISERABLY. 

We need the Libertarian-Republicans and Berniecrats and all 3rd party members and indepents to come together on certain singular issues and take this fucking country back.

11 hours ago, seanbrock said:

People have been reading fake news on the internet long before the last presidential election. You are FAR too smart to fall for this bullshit that the Russians are creating all these problems. Come on man, please snap out of this lol.

Here's the other thing, how many people were actually swayed by it? How many reading that shit weren't already voting for Trump? I need to see some fucking data and some proof on this. It's like the tabloids at the grocery store. Most people look at the cover for 30 seconds in line, laugh and move on. 

There are also already AMERICAN political groups that speak perfect English that post lies on FB. Groups from probably every country with a fucking internet connection. You do understand how much US elections effect global economics and  politics right? Do you think Russia is the only country who would have preferred candidates? Why are idiot Democrats so stuck on Russia when just common sense would tell them this is fucking dumb? Break your conditioning. You're smart, smarter than me and if you tried you could break all this shit down.

It is an absolute fact that the Russian propaganda machine is behind a great deal of the flood of lies we have been getting over the past decade. We have pinned down tons of IP addresses that originate from Russia. You are far too smart to simply dismiss all of that as some sort of great conspiracy, when the people who can confirm that come from all over the political spectrum. Russia floods Twitter with hundreds of thousands of bots. Go on a random twitter feed about a political theory and look at how many people who reply have 8 digits at the end of their name. Those are bots. 

It is a fact that Russian bots started the #walkaway tag, to throw something in there from recently. 

It is also a fact that merely because I said Russia does this, it does not follow that other countries do not also do it. That is a strawman argument you're putting up there, as that is not what I was saying. It is undeniable however, that Russia has been the main perpetrator when it comes to attacking the US and the elections.

Is it undeniable? I highly doubt Russia has put more money in to social media disinformation than US political organizations. All you did was just post articles of examples of memes they put on the internet. That's far from undeniable proof. Even Chomsky said this is bullshit and he is FULLY in support of voting Democrat no matter how much they suck to defeat the Republicans so he's somewhere in the middle of you and I on this.

Edited by seanbrock