Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

That and this is all bullshit to begin with. The US doesn't care that people got gassed lol. The US has overthrown demcratically elected governments to install Dictators in both Iran and Iraq and that's not a conspiracy theory, that is historical fact. They support an apartheid state in Israel. They're just now talking about how fucked up the Saudi's are lol.  They don't care if Isis takes over. After 17 years in Afghanistan, the fucking Taliban is in power still. This all just imperialism. I'm probably gonna have people tell me I'm out of line or I'm a conspiracy theorist or whatever. It all seems pretty obvious to me though idk.

3 hours ago, seanbrock said:

That and this is all bullshit to begin with. The US doesn't care that people got gassed lol. The US has overthrown demcratically elected governments to install Dictators in both Iran and Iraq and that's not a conspiracy theory, that is historical fact. They support an apartheid state in Israel. They're just now talking about how fucked up the Saudi's are lol.  They don't care if Isis takes over. After 17 years in Afghanistan, the fucking Taliban is in power still. This all just imperialism. I'm probably gonna have people tell me I'm out of line or I'm a conspiracy theorist or whatever. It all seems pretty obvious to me though idk.

What is your stance on Israel/Palestine? 

First and foremost I think that Palestinian human rights are being severely violated. They're not totally blameless but subject children to a life under constant terror and instability is immoral and there is absolutely no acceptable justification for it. I think it needs to be said that there are a lot of Jews in the US and Israel that are on the right side of this fight but unfortunately they don't really have any power or much of a voice. This isn't a question of race or theology. Criticizing a corrupt and insane right wing government like Israel is NOT anti-Semitism especially when many prominent members of the Jewish community accross the world have condemned the Israeli government.

I see the merritt and pitfalls of both the one state and two state solutions. To me the boarders should return to the 1969 boarders. I mean, I honestly don't think it would be appropriate for me having never been there to offer too much of in the way of a solution. I think probably the best way to do it would be to feed and educate the Palestinian people and provide them with a secure place to live. Strapping a bomb to yourself is an act of desperation. Make them less desperate. Guarantee their human rights and maybe some wounds could begin to heal.

Not everyone's first instinct is to cower when backed into a corner. People in desperate situations act desperately. 

Edited by seanbrock

Man, if Trump can end a bunch of wars... bring our troops home.. and even as unlikely as it may be, do something like audit The Fed -- he might be the greatest President of our era. Even accounting for how much of a slime ball and POS he is... Those would be YUGE check marks.

I'm hoping for the best but I'm not sure I like the idea of giving him a second term. I think this is very much him running for 2020. Might not be the worst thing in the world with a dem majority in Congress TBH if the democratic primary is rigged in for a candidate hand picked by the donor class, we might be looking at Trump with another super majority and another supreme Court pick. Lol watch, even if it's not Hillary it will be someone like that fucking fraud Kamal Harris.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:29 PM, seanbrock said:

First and foremost I think that Palestinian human rights are being severely violated. They're not totally blameless but subject children to a life under constant terror and instability is immoral and there is absolutely no acceptable justification for it. I think it needs to be said that there are a lot of Jews in the US and Israel that are on the right side of this fight but unfortunately they don't really have any power or much of a voice. This isn't a question of race or theology. Criticizing a corrupt and insane right wing government like Israel is NOT anti-Semitism especially when many prominent members of the Jewish community accross the world have condemned the Israeli government.

I see the merritt and pitfalls of both the one state and two state solutions. To me the boarders should return to the 1969 boarders. I mean, I honestly don't think it would be appropriate for me having never been there to offer too much of in the way of a solution. I think probably the best way to do it would be to feed and educate the Palestinian people and provide them with a secure place to live. Strapping a bomb to yourself is an act of desperation. Make them less desperate. Guarantee their human rights and maybe some wounds could begin to heal.

Not everyone's first instinct is to cower when backed into a corner. People in desperate situations act desperately. 

In some ways everybody's wrong, but it's going to be hard to get Israel to back down as long as Palestinians are strapping bombs to their chests.

I think the human rights violations by both sides are too severe for compromise at the moment. They'll need to truly commit to a pact of non-violence before anything is ever solved or agreed upon. Good luck with that. Unfortunately.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Idk man. I see what you're saying but this isn't really a 50/50 situation. Palestinian people have their water shut off, they're denied electricity. They're being murdered in the streets. Like I said, they're not blameless but they're being sheltered and fed by Hamas while living under terror from the Israeli government. I think it's pretty clear to see how people could become radicalized. They literally have nothing to lose man. It's bad for them over there. Real bad, dude.

Think if you were Palestinian. How would you react? What would you do? Me personally, I'd fight. I think if we provided them with stability and hope for a better life for themselves and their families that I wouldn't all of the sudden erase the bad blood but it would incentivize peace rather than retaliation I'm.

Edited by seanbrock

This is a 6 year old Wallstreet Journal video. What are do you guys think about this?

Democratic Senators Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand and Elizabeth Warren are expected to announce their 2020 presidential runs in the next several weeks. 

https://www.axios.com/senators-2020-presidential-campaigns-harris-booker-warren-gillibrand-4f539977-f9c2-4667-b8f5-f161470067fc.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&fbclid=IwAR3Bq9PICb5WUiIkKUHSkNSZIVjDTnycmubNiUYiV6Uhfy-bguDxoyYhFTE

Let the fun begin.

3 out of 4 of those are absolute shit and I'm quickly souring on Warren. I mean, I get that you have to play ball to some degree but it seems like all she's good for is speeches and she was awfully quick to walk those comments back about the primary being rigged. At the end of the day I just don't think we can trust ANYONE that takes money from corporate donors or super pacs. 

Nancy Pelosi has killed medicare for all with pay go and ANY other progressive policy goal. Won't stop them  from voting for that "traitor", Trump's next budget that gives the Pentagon another 100 billion and explodes the deficit again. There is only one party guys. Wake up people lol.

Edited by seanbrock

Saw this right when I woke up at 5 am ? 

Master ass troll. Lmao. 

I do give her (Warren) credit tho. I think she recently came out and supported the troop withdrawal and said that these endless wars are unsustainable. That’s a big point / check mark— at least in my book. Especially in an atmosphere where everyone in Congress is acting like nation building and killing innocent people is cool. 

D13756B2-E538-4E77-91CD-4CBA3056343C.png

• Upvote 1

If Warren was the nominee I'd vote for her but after Obama it's just hard for me to trust politicians. I don't really see how Obama was different from Bush. I mean, he did do some things I like but for the most part he was Bush part 2. He dealt with the economy the same way, foreign policy. He gave us a right wing health care solution. I know Than will disagree but Obama said HIMSELF that in Regan's era he would be considered a moderate Republican lol. We need someone who wants to break the establishment's back and utterly destroy it, not try to comprise with it. How much longer can we wait to do something about the environment? How much longer can we do nothing about the student loan bubble or the housing bubble? We need mass debt forgiveness. Like billions of dollars and we need to start making employers pay people. If not we're headed for another economic collapse and who knows after that? It would send shock waves throughout the world. People are getting pissed all over the world. Imposed austerity and all these trade deals and sanctions and proxy wars are gonna turn into WWIII. We're past the point where a incrimental solution is viable. We're reaching a tipping point. 

I need a candidate that is going to take these pieces of shit to war in the political arena and start saying shit that people are afraid to say. Start confronting people in power like Alexandria Ocassio-Cortez and Khana and Sanders are. Any Democrats unwilling to go to war with the Pelosi's and the Clinton's doesn't have the stomach to do what needs to be done. We need to destroy them.

Edited by seanbrock

Obama said that to try to get some swing votes, dude. He was nowhere near a moderate republican.

I'm probably voting Democrat no matter who they put up, Trump has to be taken out of office. The idea that the Dems are the same is just false. I agree Hillary is a shill and needs to go, and there are other horrible people in the Democrat party, but its nowhere near the same amount as the GOP, where like 95% of them are actively trying to pass legislation that will harm the average person's wallet or health. 

I have to say that I really loved Lizzy in her interview with Maddow. She was strong and I could vote for that. Bring the troops home. Stop spending on the war machine and start investing in our own country and in turn investing in ourselves. I really think that if Warren or Gabbard ran with a guy like Richard Ojeda as VP that we could see a lot of good things happen. I mean, you always have to be skeptical of rhetoric but I really liked what she had to say. The left needs a leader that can bring Pelosi to heel and set the agenda for the house. If some corporate shill wins though then they're probably going to move the Democratic party even further right. To me the primaries are more important that the general elections. We can't have Republicans running the Democratic party. That's fucking dangerous.

No one is going to "bring pelosi to heel." You'd alienate a lot of the older Dems and end up losing the general.

3 hours ago, seanbrock said:

I have to say that I really loved Lizzy in her interview with Maddow. She was strong and I could vote for that. Bring the troops home. Stop spending on the war machine and start investing in our own country and in turn investing in ourselves. I really think that if Warren or Gabbard ran with a guy like Richard Ojeda as VP that we could see a lot of good things happen. I mean, you always have to be skeptical of rhetoric but I really liked what she had to say. The left needs a leader that can bring Pelosi to heel and set the agenda for the house. If some corporate shill wins though then they're probably going to move the Democratic party even further right. To me the primaries are more important that the general elections. We can't have Republicans running the Democratic party. That's fucking dangerous.

I was actually coming in here to say something similar. It seems like she is off to a good start (again, just my opinion). She's been here in Iowa and I have watched her speeches... She's talking a pretty strong / good game. None of the stops were that close to me, but maybe next time around with some notice I could make a trip. 

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

No one is going to "bring pelosi to heel." You'd alienate a lot of the older Dems and end up losing the general.

The older Dems are destroying the country, fuck them. I bet they won't vote Republican and honestly if the Democrats brought Pelosi to heel would gain independent voters into their party. More voters is always the strategy for liberals to win. You're dead wrong, my friend. Dead wrong.

You think taking the Dems farther left will make the independents want to vote for them? Feel like itll be the opposite.

29 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

You think taking the Dems farther left will make the independents want to vote for them? Feel like itll be the opposite.

Yeah absolutely. People want health care that they can afford. People want to be paid fairly. People want to get out of the middle East. There are a lot of liberal policies that bring in Independents. Hell there are libertarians that might vote Democrat if they wanted out of the middle East. They're not courting votes though, they're courting money.

Trump was shitting on big pharma (via twitter) today .. Doesn't mean he is going to do anything, obviously. But if he clamps down on them / these INSANE drug prices like he is doing for this ridiculous ass wall -- this Presidency may not be so bad after all. 

Milennials will be 40% of the electorate in 2020 @Thanatos btw

17 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Trump was shitting on big pharma (via twitter) today .. Doesn't mean he is going to do anything, obviously. But if he clamps down on them / these INSANE drug prices like he is doing for this ridiculous ass wall -- this Presidency may not be so bad after all. 

He does this all the time unfortunately. Said he was going after guns, then reversed course. Said he was going to sign the gov't bill to prevent a shutdown, then reversed course. Said he was going to cut military spending, then reversed course.

I'll believe it when I see it. If it happens, great, then instead of one good thing the orange chimpanzee has done, (pulling out of TPP), we will have two!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

*Three. Pulling out of Syria.