Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

That's a wash to me, because of how it was done. I'm happy we're getting out, but you don't just suddenly ditch your allies.

Meh. After meddling in a foreign nations civil war for more than 4 years... I am not sure any pull out is really all that sudden. Looks like that warhawk demon John Bolton is trying to keep us there though. Seems like the most evil people live the longest, talk about cruel. 

It's sudden if its not expected and not planned for, no matter how long you've been in there.

Disagree. Long overdue, not sudden enough.

Point looks moot regardless. Just read an article that says John Bolton is shitting on Trump and not pulling out right away... There are conditions that need to be met (and probably never will). 

Not sudden at all, as it turns out being as this is probably going to be long and delayed for eternity.

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

It's sudden if its not expected and not planned for, no matter how long you've been in there.

Can you elaborate? How would a more gradual exit strategy be better? Do you think Syria presents a danger to us or something?

4 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Can you elaborate? How would a more gradual exit strategy be better? Do you think Syria presents a danger to us or something?

It's better for trust from our allies. You can't pull out of a campaign with little warning to those fighting with you, it taints your credibility for future conflicts.

To be 100% clear here, we have no business in Syria. I don't think either side is very good, though I do think one side is definitely better than the other. I just dislike jerking out suddenly, I feel like it doesn't portray us very well.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, Thanatos said:

It's better for trust from our allies. You can't pull out of a campaign with little warning to those fighting with you, it taints your credibility for future conflicts.

To be 100% clear here, we have no business in Syria. I don't think either side is very good, though I do think one side is definitely better than the other. I just dislike jerking out suddenly, I feel like it doesn't portray us very well.

Which side do you say is better and why? We have so many troops all over and our Navy is damn near omnipresent around the world. If the US needed to do something it certainly could. I don't think we're abandoning them by pulling troops out.

51 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Tulsi Gabbard IS running for President! Let's go!

Bye Trump 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BJORN said:

Bye Trump 

She has to win the Dem nomination first.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Thanatos said:

She has to win the Dem nomination first.

Right and she's already getting slandered by fake Democrats. They'll do everything they can to cheat her like they did Sanders.

They're doing the same thing to Bernie. Bringing up these harassment stories (again) at the same exact time Democrats are beginning to test the waters and announce their candidacy. Totally a coincidence, I am sure... lmao

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

They're doing the same thing to Bernie. Bringing up these harassment stories (again) at the same exact time Democrats are beginning to test the waters and announce their candidacy. Totally a coincidence, I am sure... lmao

Bernie Sanders is more public enemy number 1 for corporate Dems than Trump. If Trump wins, it will be a big boon for a lot of Democrats in terms of fundraising. Sanders is a big time threat to their gravy train of bribes. Make no mistake, most elected Democrats would rather lose the White House to Trump again than to win with Bernie Sanders or anyone like him leading the party and they will stop at nothing to cheat them.

This is why millennials and just actual liberals shouldn't try to bargain with or appease the corporate Democrats. We need to destroy them by any means necessary.

Apparently the Koch’s won’t be helping re-elect Trump. They’ve been informing their donors .

3 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Apparently the Koch’s won’t be helping re-elect Trump. They’ve been informing their donors .

That prolly means we'll probably be getting  either Harris, Biden or Clinton. I really hope Democrats turn out big time for Gabbard or Sanders (if he runs). The DNC is going to try and rig it but it'll be a lot harder if people turn out to vote. Trump is terrible but an establishment Democrat is still heading in the wrong direction, just slower. We've reached the point where these fuckers are supporting fracking and modern slavery. Half of them don't believe in Universal healthcare. Idk, I wish people could see how supporting current Dem leadership is just cutting off everything you want policy wise at the pass.

• Upvote 1

The DNC is certain to choose the worst possible candidate to represent them, so just prepare for another 4 years of Trump.

14 hours ago, RazorStar said:

The DNC is certain to choose the worst possible candidate to represent them, so just prepare for another 4 years of Trump.

I'll take it a step further and say the DNC will actively try to cheat/sabotage anyone that isn't on the take and would actually be good for the country.

21 hours ago, RazorStar said:

I'm certainly not ruling that out, but short of them putting Hillary up again, I really don't see how a Dem can lose at this point.

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I'm certainly not ruling that out, but short of them putting Hillary up again, I really don't see how a Dem can lose at this point.

If I was making betting odds I would have 1. Harris 2. Biden 3. Clinton 4. Warren 5. And a distant 5 Sanders and the Tulsi in 6th. Things can change but as far as who the money and/or machinery would be behind I think that's probably where we're at. 

I think best case scenario is we get a big primary turnout from activism and Grass Roots movements and just force their hand. That's really what it comes down to. If people take a stand against the corporate capture of our government starting at the primary level then 2020 could a massive victory but it has to start from within. If not it's only going to be a matter of time before the next Trump and he might be worse.

Apparently we are getting closer to a deal with the Taliban to remove forces from Afghanistan..... while John Bolton is plotting an invasion of Venezuela . Why do we love war so much? We just can't help ourselves.

Maduro isn't going to play a game he can't win. I wouldn't worry. 

This Virginia Gov... LMAO, holy shit.

• Upvote 1

He should have just said look. I'm from Virginia. It was in the 80's. I've grown up and changed a lot since then and I'm really embarrassed about this but it it isn't who I am today. It's clear that the guy is a liar and a coward at this point. It's really a non story and it's shameful to see a lot of these guys who probably did the same shit call for him to resign. I just wish people would wake up and realise that this is what the policitcal class is and in a lot of cases it's a lot worse. Just because they're registered Democrat doesn't mean shit. Don't get me wrong we have some people from different backgrounds in government but a lot of it is this guy on both sides of the aisle and it's so fucking disgusting.

The US has some of the worst leadership in the world. People question the legitimacy of not just the presidential election but elections at all levels of government across the country. There's a massive issue of corruption that I think everyone would agree to on some extent. Does another country have a right to invade us or foment a coup inside our country? Isn't it up to us to choose our leadership for better or for worse since we're a socreign nation?