Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I would switch Biden and Sanders and my God I hope you're wrong about Kamala Harris. I fucking hate her.

You'd rather have Trump? I'd rather have any of those people than Trump, not that I'd be too happy about some of them.

That’s actually a good point about Biden. He’s so much “grandpa” that the GOP will probably take it easy and their voters may not see him as a real threat and thus not turning out to the polls much. 

I made the same point but opposite for Bernie but wasn’t applying it to Biden — which makes a lot of sense. 

"Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it."

-- Nancy Pelosi on Impeaching Trump.... 

18 hours ago, Thanatos said:

You'd rather have Trump? I'd rather have any of those people than Trump, not that I'd be too happy about some of them.

Yes I would rather have Trump than have a conservative lead Democratic party. It's bad enough that we have Pelosi and Schumer. If we had Harris or Biden as president there is less chance of anything progressive happening than with a Republican president because all the Democratic sheep will defend all their horrible policies instead of fight them when a Republican tries to do the same shit. People are pissed off because of Trump. People are getting involved and running for office because of Trump. Having Kamala Harris presidency would make us more conservative because the GOP would fight from the right and make their already conservative agenda even more conservative. Having conservative leadership in the liberal party is more of a hindrance to progressive policies than the GOP. 

4 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

"Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it."

-- Nancy Pelosi on Impeaching Trump.... 

An impeachment move at this point makes no sense. It's purely a political ploy, because there's no way it gets past the Senate. If something changes and you have the GOP supporting it, then so be it. But like I said earlier I think its the absolute worst move the Dems can make, because then Mike Pence is your president and if you think Trump is evil, wait until you get a guy that knows how to hide shit instead of having it all hang out in the open. I am ten times more scared of Pence than I am of Trump.

Plus I think Pence could easily win re-election versus almost anyone the Dems could put up.

Edited by Thanatos

Andrew Yang has hit 65,000 donors which sets him up nicely to be put on the D debate stage (DNC claims they are only allowing 20 for the first debate). I am excited to hear what he has to say. His stances that I have heard on war are kind of scary to me... and it's an important issue (to me)... But he makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways in a lot of other areas.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-28/boeing-gets-obama-pep-talk-after-giving-millions-to-library-fund

This is what I'm talking about. This is why it's so fucking important to draw a line and not accept an establishment democratic nominee. Ilhan Omar has been speaking a lot of hard truths and what she said about Obama is just proved right as he's touring around collecting his bribe money for the crimes against humanity and his contribution to the war against working and poor people in this country and in many other countries. Sad thing is, he actually has been one of the best presidents we've had in decades but we need to do better and this ain't it. 

You can add Beto to the list of those I think would destroy Trump. He put up a huge fight in Texas lol.

Beto is like some cringey HR training video personified.  Somebody like that will not beat Trump. Trump would roast the fuck out of Beto and Beto would probably do some combination of trying to fight fire with fire and feigning outrage and Trump would eat him alive. I feel similarly about Elizabeth Warren. I also feel that the only reason Beto put up a fight nobody likes Ted Cruz do they? There's no way he would be a senator anywhere but a deeply red state. 

He’s probably gonna get a ton of media attention though. Seems like a guy and campaign that the media is going fawn over and want to cover. He’s going to get every shot to win this thing.

17 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

He’s probably gonna get a ton of media attention though. Seems like a guy and campaign that the media is going fawn over and want to cover. He’s going to get every shot to win this thing.

Yeah and we all know how the media picks their favorites. I mean, when the big donors pick your candidates it's no wonder how they could lose to Trump lol. The Democratic party exists to put a limit on how liberal you can be or how liberal things you can say. You're allowed to be socially liberal, but if you're against war or if you want a health care system that doesn't leave millions without coverage or without the ability to pay their exorbitant and immoral premiums, you become labeled a radical and a pariah when the OVERWHELMING majority of the people in the party support those things. 

4 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Beto is like some cringey HR training video personified.  Somebody like that will not beat Trump. Trump would roast the fuck out of Beto and Beto would probably do some combination of trying to fight fire with fire and feigning outrage and Trump would eat him alive. I feel similarly about Elizabeth Warren. I also feel that the only reason Beto put up a fight nobody likes Ted Cruz do they? There's no way he would be a senator anywhere but a deeply red state. 

A Democrat almost won a Senate seat in Texas. Beto would win easily.

Texas is becoming more blue. It's not just a state with Cowboys and fields and shit lol. There are a lot of big cities in Texas and like I mentioned, Beto was running against one of the most beatable Republicans imaginable and that's after Trump made him look like a little bitch in presidential primary. You need to stop listening to out of touch, millionaire faux liberals like Bill Maher, bro. Beto is a fucking clown. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/20/beto-orourke-congressional-votes-analysis-capital-and-main

Edited by seanbrock

On 3/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, seanbrock said:

Texas is becoming more blue. It's not just a state with Cowboys and fields and shit lol. There are a lot of big cities in Texas and like I mentioned, Beto was running against one of the most beatable Republicans imaginable and that's after Trump made him look like a little bitch in presidential primary. You need to stop listening to out of touch, millionaire faux liberals like Bill Maher, bro. Beto is a fucking clown. 

I've never watched a single show of Bill Maher's in my life. My analysis of Beto vs Trump is my own. The man would destroy him for the same reasons Joe Biden would. You need to stop listening to whatever continually puts all the conspiracies you believe in your head, bro. It's not healthy.

Serious question here, too. Do you actually read the articles you link me or do you just google stuff and then link an article you think supports your argument? Because this article does the opposite. They specifically say that mid-term elections are still deep red, mainly because the Dems dont do a good job turning out the vote, while the presidential elections are slowly shifting blue- that said we're still talking double digit margins for the GOP here. Beto did a great job of turning out the vote. If he wins the nomination, the only possible reason I can see that would let Trump win is because the far left stays home because they don't like Beto simply being for a young white guy- entirely possible, already heard some backlash because of that.

Edited by Thanatos

Just like Hillary would right? Just like how all those guys in the GOP primary would right? You know Joe Biden has ran for president like 4 times right? You think he can ride Obama's coat tails to the presidency? lol based on what exactly? The dude chastises his own base but yeah he's gonna get people to turn out. Beto O'Rourke is so obviously full of shit. Have you ever seen/heard him say anything of substance? He's like a bad used car salesman and people will pick up on that very very easily. 

Now you're just making shit up. Where you are getting your information from? It certainly isn't reality. Joe BIden has run for President two times. He did receive one vote in 1984 at the Democratic National Convention but it was a write-in, he did not run in '84 at all. In 1988 he had a three month campaign from June to September. He had a hard time campaigning, due to feeling faint during most of the campaign. The reason for which was that he had brain tumors that were not discovered until February. He never ran for President again until 2008, where he bowed out after the Iowa caucuses. In any case, no one was beating Obama in '08.

So if we're counting, that is two times he has actually ran, and only one time did he not have a severe health problem that impacted his ability to speak and campaign for long periods of time.

Also you're using quora as a source, which is literally just someone asking the internet a question and random people responding. Your dude simply lives in Texas. That's it. That's his entire qualifications for discussing whether Texas is turning blue. Multiple other people in the comments go the other way.

Edited by Thanatos

Aw sugar, guess my argument about Biden failing before and being obviously out of touch are totally invalid now lol. Biden has been going around telling half his constituents to STFU and stop whining. Whether you agree with him on not it's a horrible strategy if you want to get people to vote for you. Republicans aren't going to vote for Biden. Dems need to excite young people and they need a big turn out. They need young people to vote and young people are gonna tell Uncle Joe to go get fucked.

I think it's gonna start out as a battle for him but he will probably climb up to the top after a couple of the debates and his exposure grows. He's not nearly as progressive as some think or as progressive as some of the other candidates. I think he could be popular amongst moderates or swing voters too. 

With that said.. I don't particularly like him. To me he just seems like a slightly more likeable Ted Cruz (not talking policy stances). Every time Cruz talks I feel like he is trying to pull one over on somebody. Seems very dishonest and full of shit.... he talks like he's smarter than everyone else, but in reality everyone that he's talking to isn't that dumb and realizes what he is doing. He's a snake oil salesman... super "slick" (not in a good way)... Very snake-like.

I am not saying this is the common perception, but that's how I see Beto. I cringe watching his speeches. Seems so fake to me. Very theatrical. Like he's trying to sell you something he wouldn't even buy. On the flip side, he's younger... has more energy.... has that (IMO fake) passion that people will probably buy into.. 

The only way that we'll have a Democratic President come 2020 is if someone emerges from this field of tepid water that has the guts to play Trump's game. Be abrasive and stand out, even if it makes him/her look like an ass. Do what Trump did in the overcrowded 2016 Republican field--reach out and snag the nomination for yourself and bring the big stick come Debate time. 

Trump is assertive and convincing for a lot of people. The Democrats need the same thing, but I don't believe anyone will run away with the nomination, which essentially dilutes all of their chances, and therefore the Democratic party's. 

Edited by BwareDWare94

1 minute ago, seanbrock said:

Aw sugar, guess my argument about Biden failing before and being obviously out of touch are totally invalid now lol. Biden has been going around telling half his constituents to STFU and stop whining. Whether you agree with him on not it's a horrible strategy if you want to get people to vote for you. Republicans aren't going to vote for Biden. Dems need to excite young people and they need a big turn out. They need young people to vote and young people are gonna tell Uncle Joe to go get fucked.

Image result for andrew yang

Also, kind of ironic that you mention Dems need young people to vote when Bernie Sanders who is typically polling at #2 behind Biden doesn't need to worry about that at all.. He needs to worry about the older folks and women. A lot.

1 minute ago, BwareDWare94 said:

The only way that we'll have a Democratic President come 2020 is if someone emerges from this field of tepid water that has the guts to play Trump's game. Be abrasive and stand out, even if it makes him/her look like an ass. Do what Trump did in the overcrowded 2016 Republican field--reach out and snag the nomination for yourself and bring the big stick come Debate time. 

Trump is assertive and convincing for a lot of people. The Democrats need the same thing, but I don't believe anyone will run away with the nomination, which essentially dilutes all of their chances, and therefore the Democratic party's. 

And I think Biden is willing to do this. Remember when he came out and said if he was on the playground with Trump, he would beat him up? ROFL. As funny as that would be.. i think that is the approach he is taking for his campaign.. That on top of what Than said earlier about lulling the GOP to sleep... he might just be able to do it. I won't vote for him, but I can see how many would and why Republicans would be less fired up to go vote against him. 

That is also what I was going to bring up about Beto actually. He said he was going to run a positive campaign... Not saying it can't be done, but like you, I don't see how that strategy works out. He may gain some traction as some of the REALLY shit Democrats drop out.. But if he makes it to the final 2 or 3... Or goes on for a nomination perhaps and has to debate Trump? I think Trump would eat his asshole raw. Would not be pretty IMO (if he does indeed run the positive campaign he claims).

Is Biden willing to smear and demean his Democratic competition? I'm not sure about that. I think he might play Trump's game against Trump, but the Democrats need a no-question nominee most of all. 

5 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Image result for andrew yang

Also, kind of ironic that you mention Dems need young people to vote when Bernie Sanders who is typically polling at #2 behind Biden doesn't need to worry about that at all.. He needs to worry about the older folks and women. A lot.

Yeah but in the general election you want the guy who will get young people to the polls. High voter turnout is the key to winning for Democrats and has been for decades. I think those two demographics particularly old people are going to vote. Young people have to vote for Democrats to win. 

I am not sure any of the Democrats are really going to do that. They are all going to focus on Trump first and foremost I think. You might be right though. Bernie won a lot of people over last year shitting on Hillary before he bent the knee to her and the DNC.