Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Sean continually misinterpreting the meaning of my argument lol.

1) I don't like Biden, I simply think he matches up very well with Trump. The polls show him with a double digit lead over Trump atm.

2) Yes if you're seriously using a presidential run *thirty* years ago to argue Biden shouldn't run for President now, you're just nuts. Entirely different political climate.

3) No, Dems do not have to stoop to Trump's level to beat him. Trump is a sycophantic con man, and trying to play his game will, IMO, lose you the election. You don't beat a snake oil salesman by selling something else that is fake. Anyone who at this point still supports Trump is not worth the time going after. They have made up their minds and have decided they're okay voting for a dude like Trump, you aren't going to convince them by directly attacking him. They've made their bed with the enemy and they can stay there for all I care. If you still support that dude at this point, something is seriously wrong with your moral compass.

4) While I get that some millennials take offense to Biden's recent comments, the core of his message is accurate. Too many of our generation complain about things on the internet and never actually try to go and change it:

So my message is, get involved. There’s no place to hide. You can go and you can make all the money in the world, but you can’t build a wall high enough to keep the pollution out. You can’t live where—you can’t not be diminished when your sister can’t marry the man or woman, or the woman she loves. You can’t—when you have a good friend being profiled, you can’t escape this stuff. And so, there’s an old expression my philosophy professor would always use from Plato, ‘The penalty people face for not being involved in politics is being governed by people worse than themselves.’ It’s wide open. Go out and change it.”

Edited by Thanatos

Our generation is doing a lot. Our generation is the one organizing political movements and marches. His generation is knee capping us. Ilhan Omar is part of our generation and her own party wanted to censor her lol. AOC, whether you agree with her or not is our age and is fighting in Washington despite all the attempts the mock and discredit her. I'm really disappointed you would say something like that. 

Anyway, I think a strong argument and a persuasive argument for Sanders is his record of working across the aisle. Sanders is radically left in the current American political spectrum and yet he's done a lot of good work with more libertarian minded members of the GOP on stuff like affordable drugs and prison reform. I think he's an ally with libertarians on NSA stuff and a lot constitution stuff. In many ways he lines up more with them than Trump does and he's more willing to work with them. I think he would be willing to listen to their budget cut ideas in some areas. 

We need to build a coalition of anti war and anti corporate money voters. That's the path. We can have conversations and elections about the other stuff but we can build a powerful voting block that way.

Edited by seanbrock

Biden says he has the most progressive record of anyone running. LoL. Maybe he should try stand up comedy. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Our generation is doing a lot. Our generation is the one organizing political movements and marches. His generation is knee capping us. Ilhan Omar is part of our generation and her own party wanted to censor her lol. AOC, whether you agree with her or not is our age and is fighting in Washington despite all the attempts the mock and discredit her. I'm really disappointed you would say something like that. 

Anyway, I think a strong argument and a persuasive argument for Sanders is his record of working across the aisle. Sanders is radically left in the current American political spectrum and yet he's done a lot of good work with more libertarian minded members of the GOP on stuff like affordable drugs and prison reform. I think he's an ally with libertarians on NSA stuff and a lot constitution stuff. In many ways he lines up more with them than Trump does and he's more willing to work with them. I think he would be willing to listen to their budget cut ideas in some areas. 

We need to build a coalition of anti war and anti corporate money voters. That's the path. We can have conversations and elections about the other stuff but we can build a powerful voting block that way.

Ilhan and AOC are awesome, but do they represent a great deal of our generation? Or are they more outlier than representative? Maybe I'm being too cynical here, idk. 

34 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Ilhan and AOC are awesome, but do they represent a great deal of our generation? Or are they more outlier than representative? Maybe I'm being too cynical here, idk. 

Idk man I feel our generation is taking the lead in a lot of ways. Of course people who run for office and win are outliers. They always have been and always will be. That's pretty hard to do. Especially with all the money in not only politics but the media.

Tulsi is very strongly anti world building and regime change. and the little attention she gets in the media is spent attacking her for it. A lot of sheep chime in with similar thoughts. It's disgusting how... normalized and accepting of war we have become as a country. Very scary.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

The Real News Network is always good but this is a must watch. Kamala Harris must be stopped.

This infighting in the GOP makes me really hope Howard Schultz runs. 

Random hot take: an American praising Kissinger is akin to a German saying Hitler was a strong leader ?

Aaron Maté (@aaronjmate) Tweeted:
"What's the quid pro quo?" 

In a new interview w/ @PRIMONUTMEG, (https://t.co/HpqQnMQ8OF) Noam Chomsky mocks the idea that Trump has been soft on Russia by noting that Trump's actual policies have escalated tensions with Russia: https://t.co/EHAgNRZyjf

I don't know shit but maybe you'll trust Mr. Chomsky

To prove how progressive he is, Biden is heavily considering Stacey Abrams as his VP choice. Seems really early for that , but whatever I guess. 

On 3/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, seanbrock said:

Aaron Maté (@aaronjmate) Tweeted:
"What's the quid pro quo?"

I don't know shit but maybe you'll trust Mr. Chomsky

You continue to misrepresent the opposition.

These two things are not mutually exclusive.

1) Russia helped Trump get elected by interfering with the 2016 elections.

2) Trump is so much of a hard-headed fool that he still makes policies that go after Russia for his own reasons.

The only thing Chomsky's interview does is say basically he doesn't believe Trump is working at the direct instruction of the Kremlin, which is ludicrous anyway. But the idea the Russians didn't help him at this point is also becoming exceedingly difficult to swallow due to the mountain of evidence and every last one of our intelligence agencies saying they did. The question was always whether Trump knew about it and left enough evidence for anyone else to figure that out.

Edited by Thanatos

When you say they helped him though... it makes it sound like it was a direct and coordinated effort with Trump and his campaign. Not saying that is actually what you’re getting at — just that’s how it can be interpreted. 

Russians definitely interfered and it benefited Trump this time because they really didn’t want Clinton in the White House. Right or wrong it makes sense that a foreign government would rather have a word leader that isn’t committed to going to war. 

There has been zero evidence up to this point of Russians getting actual “help” from Trump or his team. It’s al been indirect. Democrats in Congress have already made this conclusion and unless the final Mueller report (which was turned in today) has some unknown bombshell... he will conclude the same thing.

Maybe Trump gets a slap on the wrist for tweeting mean things for the last two years about the investigation but it seems like the indictments are over and Mueller’s job is done. 

If that report had any news about actual bonafide collusion, I feel like we would’ve heard about it already. 

No I agree with you there, I'm just saying every time sean posts about it he conflates russia helping trump to mean trump knowingly accepted their help. There is a difference.

If there was collusion accused in the report, I highly doubt Barr would be giving it to Congress on Saturday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/static.theintercept.com/amp/house-democratic-leadership-warns-it-will-cut-off-any-firms-who-challenge-incumbents.html

It's getting to the point where progressives might actually stand a better chance of getting elected if they ran with the GOP because they're just objectively much more democratic in their nomination process.

I don't want to sound like too much of an arrogant asshole (even though I am) but stuff like this makes me know I'm right. One could even say I feel VINdicated haha

Edited by seanbrock

Uhhh, do we not remember the RNC slitting Ron Paul's throat? Would he have been President? No... but, they completely and against their own rules stiffed him of his due. The RNC literally took Ron Paul delegates, removed them and replaced them with delegates they knew would vote Romney. I don't want to say it's the same thing, but it's the same idea that saw the DNC rig the primaries against Bernie / for Hillary. 

Both institutions are massively corrupt.

Mueller is such a hack... lmao. No collusion... But won't make judgement on obstruction and is leaving that up to Barr to decide. Idk if that's normal in these reports, but a conclusion should have been made and not left to a guy that Trump hired lmao. He hired 20 lawyers for this investigation and they can't come to a legal judgement on potential obstruction of justice? 

What a fucking waste of 25 million dollars and two years of our lives.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, seanbrock said:

One could even say I feel VINdicated haha

571.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Mueller is such a hack... lmao. No collusion... But won't make judgement on obstruction and is leaving that up to Barr to decide. Idk if that's normal in these reports, but a conclusion should have been made and not left to a guy that Trump hired lmao. He hired 20 lawyers for this investigation and they can't come to a legal judgement on potential obstruction of justice? 

What a fucking waste of 25 million dollars and two years of our lives.

Except we're actually in the black due to seizing assets, so its not a waste of 25 million dollars at all. Two years, sure.

Agreed that he should have come to some sort of conclusion, be it yes or no, at least as a recommendation of some sort. What does he think Barr is going to do?

9 hours ago, seanbrock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/static.theintercept.com/amp/house-democratic-leadership-warns-it-will-cut-off-any-firms-who-challenge-incumbents.html

It's getting to the point where progressives might actually stand a better chance of getting elected if they ran with the GOP because they're just objectively much more democratic in their nomination process.

I don't want to sound like too much of an arrogant asshole (even though I am) but stuff like this makes me know I'm right. One could even say I feel VINdicated haha

The RNC is just as bad, as Favre already pointed out. No party likes to have people challenge their incumbents.

15 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Except we're actually in the black due to seizing assets, so its not a waste of 25 million dollars at all. Two years, sure.

Agreed that he should have come to some sort of conclusion, be it yes or no, at least as a recommendation of some sort. What does he think Barr is going to do?

Yeah, I suppose that's a plus. Ha. Re: seizing assets

That's what I hate most. Literally saying that he isn't calling him guilty or innocent is such a cop out. While it resolves the collusion issue -- this is STILL going to be in headlines for a while. Because the GOP is going to say Mueller completely exonerates him while the Dems are going to go after Barr and call his decision biased / wrong / whatever.

Obviously I don't like the idea of Barr being the one who determines if Trump obstructed justice... But being right or wrong on that point doesn't even matter because it's going to be argued no matter what. Barr, in theory, could be totally unbiased and fair in his decision not to pursue obstruction -- Dems would still argue he is wrong or biased.

MAYBE that can backfire though because the Democrats stumped for Mueller so hard and long that questioning Barr might be seen as questioning Mueller? I mean, Mueller put the ball in Barr's court. If he (Mueller) really didn't trust Barr to do the right thing, wouldn't have just made the argument for obstruction? I don't know, maybe that is a stretch. But that might be the only saving grace.. However, I think Democrats attack this thing even if it hurts their own credibility. 

*sigh* Mueller could have really put an end to this one way or another or at least moved us towards a conclusion... Instead, we get ambiguity. So lame. 

I guess really the only thing left for us lay folk to do is wait for / hope we get as much of the report made public as possible... come to our own conclusion about the evidence Mueller submitted regarding the obstruction and just be content. Again. Lame.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

I mean, if he thought there wasn't enough evidence to waste a court's time, so be it. Say that. But to give it entirely to Barr is just sidestepping the issue.

• Upvote 1

God it was so gross to see Benjamin Netanyahu sit there and praise Trump for trying to drag us into WWIII. Most of the "resistance" and virtually all of the GOP, will of course line up behind him on this one. The state of Israel is a blight upon humanity. Only country that's worse is ours. This is about to get nasty. We NEED an anti war candidate to oppose Trump. We cannot fuck this primary up. This is serious stuff.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1QT2HP

Just in case anyone was wondering why Venezuela needs democracy so bad...

Did you guys see that piece of shit Fareed Zakaria pound the war drums on CNN? Fun fact, Fareed Zakaria supported apartheid in South Africa while he was at Yale. 

You know what's so funny about this whole Russian collusion thing? I think they actually could have gotten him for collusion wit Saudi Arabia and Israel. It's pretty apparent that deals have been made. I mean, they definitely had him on emoluments and if they pushed for that instead of this bullshit Russia stuff they might have even won enough seats to actually be able to seriously impeach him without relying on a bunch of Republican votes but the answer to that is easy. Most of these fuckers on both sides of the aisle are taking the same cash. Think about it, you don't think Trump has taken money from Israel? You don't think that Israel's far right wing government wouldn't use their intelligence agencies to try and get a president that will give them what they want? People say Putin and Trump are butt buddies. Have you seen him with Netanyahu? You think Trump might do some real estate deals in Israel when he gets out of office? Say...maybe even the Golan Heights? lol This is all such an obvious shame and political ploy.

The reality is Trump has been 10x's more aggressive with Russia than Obama. War ships in the black sea. Troops on NATO boarders, bombing in Syria. He's tried to nix all of their energy deals and now they're about to butt heads over Venezuela and people want him to be even more aggressive to a nuclear fucking power. It's wild how saying this makes people think you're nuts. 

Edited by seanbrock