Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

3 minutes ago, Omerta said:

And you're missing mine. This is getting tiresome. We disagree.

I'm literally asking questions to feel out your logic, don't really see how that can possibly be missing your point, but okay. 

I do appreciate the debate even if I cannot even begin to fathom where you are coming from.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:47 PM, DalaiLama4Ever said:

I don’t know if you’re referring to Yang, which is what thanatos was getting at but fear mongering really isn’t his thing. 

He tells you like it is. His campaign thus far has been meeting people displaced by AI. It’s already happening (to a smaller degree).

There’s a million truck drivers in this country... mostly male... mostly with nothing more than a GED / diploma.  Automated vehicles obliterates that job field (just one example).

Its similar to Yangs policies on climate change. He’s the only Democrat up there that while he does advocate for change... he lays it out like it is... We’re beyond fucked. We’ve fucked up the planet beyond a point of reversal.

There is doom and gloom there but he attacks it from a very logical angle... with facts. 

The landscape of work IS changing. Will we survive? Sure. Are there ways to enable humans to make that jump easier and smoother. Damn right. 

It's also not a left/right or a political thing. Not sure why Ngata went after it from that angle, but I honestly have never seen anyone try to argue that automation will not take jobs. The idea that it will or not is not politically on either side of the aisle. It's a problem we need to tackle as a whole.

Not left. Not right. Forward. It's a great slogan and its what we need after Trump and Hillary dividing this country so hard right down the middle.

Now that we have a little more information — what’s everyone’s takes on Trumps conversations with the President of Ukraine ? 

9 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Now that we have a little more information — what’s everyone’s takes on Trumps conversations with the President of Ukraine ? 

I'm waiting for the transcript. Dems have overblown things before, but if it is what they claim- that he put pressure on a foreign leader to re-open a finished investigation into a political opponent and he implied or directly said he would withhold aid if they didn't- he should 100% be impeached and removed from office. He should be impeached, to be clear, for a multitude of reasons.

I do think Pence probably wins re-election going away though, so there is that downside.

It's impeachment time, bitches!

Presidential harassment lmao. 

In other news.... this is awesome for Yang . Love it 

Democrats better be able to actually impeach Trump. Because if they don’t, I think they’re just guaranteeing him victory in 2020 . 

If the DNC keeps trying to rig elections and have the super delagates hand pick candidates, voter turnout will be in the tank and it won't matter what happens with Trump or Pence.

They will impeach him, but McConnell probably won't even let it go to trial in the Senate. If he does, it'll be because there's zero chance they get a supermajority vote to remove from office, and he will try to market it as a defeat for Democrats before the general election.

And re: the poll F4E posted, I'm really glad to see Yang surging. Need more discussion with him. Need more talk about UBI. Not saying I support it or don't, but we need to have conversations about it.

• Upvote 2

There's no way Trump's aides let him release this transcript if there's actually something incriminating in it, right?

I don't see an impeachment actually happening. If there was anything to worry about, Trump would be in full meltdown. Just another swing and a miss for Democrats. 

That's my gut feeling, anyway

Edited by BwareDWare94

4 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

I don't see an impeachment actually happening. If there was anything to worry about, Trump would be in full meltdown. Just another swing and a miss for Democrats. 

That's my gut feeling, anyway

How is impeachment not going to happen? All that is needed is the House to vote for it.

The Senate then decides whether or not to remove the President from office. The House is absolutely going to impeach him. If there is something to this complaint, he could conceivably be removed from office if the GOP decides they need to save their own hides.

Impeachment isn’t guaranteed. Pelosi just called for the inquiry. Obviously if that ends in a floor vote, it will happen as they have the tally among house dems. 

Without the Senate and removal though.... I really think Democrats are helping Trump. Trump’s approval rating is at a 2.5 year high and I wouldn’t doubt it goes higher after impeachment. Stating the obvious here but let’s remember Trump doesn’t need the popular vote. Lol

EDIT:  Doing more reading on this situation. It was an old (few days) article, but CNN says the whistleblower had no direct knowledge of the call... And the inspector general (Trump appointee, so maybe not worth much) found that the whistle blower openly supported a Trump opponent  ( political bias ). Obviously, if the allegations are true, these things matter less... but it gives the GOP a lot of holes to work with. 

The Whistleblower has requested to meet with Congress though, which is where we will learn a lot more.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

I don't understand doing this 24 hours before the transcript is being released. Why not wait a day here? 

Trump loses all matchups to any frontrunner save for Warren atm. I really don't think he wins re-election unless the Dems nominate her, which is very possible, tbh. But if they do I don't think this impeachment thing is going to make a difference. 

He should be impeached, he is beyond corrupt and abusing his powers. I don't know whether its politically expedient or not, but its the right thing to do and should have been done a long time ago.

3 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I don't understand doing this 24 hours before the transcript is being released. Why not wait a day here? 

Trump loses all matchups to any frontrunner save for Warren atm. I really don't think he wins re-election unless the Dems nominate her, which is very possible, tbh. But if they do I don't think this impeachment thing is going to make a difference. 

He should be impeached, he is beyond corrupt and abusing his powers. I don't know whether its politically expedient or not, but its the right thing to do and should have been done a long time ago.

You're out of mind more than Biden is if you think Trump is losing to Biden lol . Once Biden isn't running against 20 people he will be exposed. The Republicans won't take it easy on him like the Democrats have outside of Castro at the last debate. They will be absolutely ruthless lol. All the dirty laundry will come out. They'll harp on his OBVIOUS dimentia and Trump will fucking LANDSLIDE him. The only Democrats that can beat Trump are Sanders, Tulsi and Yang. Some milquetoast Democrat will never beat Trump. It would have to be somebody who excites the voting base, not someone who Democrats and left leaning independents have to hold their nose and vote for. Biden is against literally every issue that the left is passionate about. Literally every single one Biden is there to tell us how it can't happen yet or how millennials need to stfu. Lol guess what Joe, if you want to be president you need Millennials to SHOW the fuck up because we're the biggest voting block in the country right now.

Edited by seanbrock

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

You're out of mind more than Biden is if you think Trump is losing to Biden lol . Once Biden isn't running against 20 people he will be exposed. The Republicans won't take it easy on him like the Democrats have outside of Castro at the last debate. They will be absolutely ruthless lol. All the dirty laundry will come out. They'll harp on his OBVIOUS dimentia and Trump will fucking LANDSLIDE him. The only Democrats that can beat Trump are Sanders, Tulsi and Yang. Some milquetoast Democrat will never beat Trump. It would have to be somebody who excites the voting base, not someone who Democrats and left leaning independents have to hold their nose and vote for. Biden is against literally every issue that the left is passionate about. Literally every single one Biden is there to tell us how it can't happen yet or how millennials need to stfu. Lol guess what Joe, if you want to be president you need Millennials to SHOW the fuck up because we're the biggest voting block in the country right now.

I don't think Sanders can win either tbh.

2 hours ago, Omerta said:

I don't think Sanders can win either tbh.

Whether you like him/agree or not. People want healthcare, people want a raise and people want out of debt. He's offering people something other than a return to the normalcy that got Trump into the white house.

54 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Whether you like him/agree or not. People want healthcare, people want a raise and people want out of debt. He's offering people something other than a return to the normalcy that got Trump into the white house.

It's no secret I think he is pretty batshit, but I have no real problem with the guy. It's pretty obvious the DNC does not want a white male candidate. It is not representative of what their constituents want. They screwed him last time for a white woman, they will again.

7 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Biden gains more from the moderates than he loses from the left, because the left will vote for him anyway to stop Trump from getting a 2nd term. It's why he's 12+ points ahead of Trump consistently. Also was just talking about the polls, not my predictions here.

Increasingly nervous democrat insists this will be the time Trump finally gets defeated

And the transcript shows nothing impeachable, and yet the democratic news networks are running with it like it's some bombshell 🤣

I hope they realize this is only going to help him. If they impeach him his popularity is going to soar because it looks like an actual witch Hunt when they are making the claims far greater than what they are. 

Is he a piece of shit? Yep. A liar? Compulsively so. Dumb? Not really, at least not more than the democrats because they can't catch him. Or he really isn't doing anything, neither would shock me.

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Biden gains more from the moderates than he loses from the left, because the left will vote for him anyway to stop Trump from getting a 2nd term. It's why he's 12+ points ahead of Trump consistently. Also was just talking about the polls, not my predictions here.

You put way too much faith in the polls. The same polls that all pretty much unanimously said Trump had no chance at beating Hillary (interestingly enough, Hillary was supposed to win with the moderates too) and again, Biden has been in politics for decades. The Republicans will expose all the skeletons in his closet. They will expose his obvious dimentia and he will have nowhere to hide. It will be just, him, Trump and guys like Karl Rove. Biden will get absolutely masacred by Trump. 

Yeah reading the transcripts, I just feel like there is more holes than there isn't. Some verbiage is off and I don't like it (ie Trumping using the word "favor"). You don't want the POTUS directing the Ukranian government getting in touch with the AG directly either. Makes it seem directive. But I don't see a direct quid pro quo (do this or else), like was alleged by Democrats. The Ukrainian President came out today and said he wasn't pressured into doing anything. And that is exactly what Biden was doing... Biden, by his own words... threatened a billion dollars worth of aid if the Ukrainians didn't remove their head prosecutor. There are also documents showing head democrats writing to the Ukrainians to investigate Trump... lol. 

As I said before, none of this lessens what Trump did. I'm fine with the investigation and I would like to hear from the whistle blower directly, but it seems at this point to be really overblown. 

Also, Sean is right. Trump is going to blow Biden away. I don't want to dismiss the polls completely... But I think you would see a shift in those numbers if it were to get to 1v1 / trump on biden. Biden isn't mentally fit to run for President and Trump will bully him into submission. I don't think it matters much though as I think the heralded champion from the DNC will be Warren.

28 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Yeah reading the transcripts, I just feel like there is more holes than there isn't. Some verbiage is off and I don't like it (ie Trumping using the word "favor"). You don't want the POTUS directing the Ukranian government getting in touch with the AG directly either. Makes it seem directive. But I don't see a direct quid pro quo (do this or else), like was alleged by Democrats. The Ukrainian President came out today and said he wasn't pressured into doing anything. And that is exactly what Biden was doing... Biden, by his own words... threatened a billion dollars worth of aid if the Ukrainians didn't remove their head prosecutor. There are also documents showing head democrats writing to the Ukrainians to investigate Trump... lol. 

As I said before, none of this lessens what Trump did. I'm fine with the investigation and I would like to hear from the whistle blower directly, but it seems at this point to be really overblown. 

Also, Sean is right. Trump is going to blow Biden away. I don't want to dismiss the polls completely... But I think you would see a shift in those numbers if it were to get to 1v1 / trump on biden. Biden isn't mentally fit to run for President and Trump will bully him into submission. I don't think it matters much though as I think the heralded champion from the DNC will be Warren.

...So were looking at 4 more years of Trump in your opinion?