Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Telling me 18 people is a crisis is a terrible fucking statement. 

I'm good, but I can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Out of 10 million, 18 die. Sounds like good odds, or almost like the best odds.

Don't preach to me about black people being systematically poor, when there's a higher percentage that they become a millionaire, trans a trans person is murdered because they're trans.

Edited by Omerta

18 people is not enough to determine causation. Let's be honest here

1 hour ago, BwareDWare94 said:

18 people is not enough to determine causation. Let's be honest here

Theoretically you're right, when you're talkin about such a large sample size. That being said, I absolutely believe there are people in this world that are sick enough to kill somebody just for being who they are. I have no doubt that trans people have been killed just for the fact that they're trans. that is terrible, nobody should be killed for being who they are.

What I don't appreciate is when it's being called a pandemic, or a crisis, just to rally the masses around to cause that doesn't really exist. It only exists in the sense that trans people are killed for being trans. That being said they're not killed for being trans anymore than a black person is killed for being black, or white person is killed for being white.

We have more than enough existential crisis on our hands as both a nation and a global society, that we don't need to manufacture any.

Edited by Omerta

Like I get where you're coming from, but calling the people protesting a bunch of cunts seems over the top. They're just scared the same thing will happen to them.

I don't think their intentions are nearly that pure. They knew what they were doing, and it worked. They are cunts imo.

Their intentions were to bring attention to a developing problem. If they show up and go "This might be a problem in a few more years" that doesn't really spring people to action. 

That's one way to look at it. Again, I would hardly call 18 a developing problem, Unless it was 1 last year, in which case, I realllllly don't give a shit.

Here how I see it. One of three scenarios is true.

They all suck at math and can't do percentages.

They can do math, and their calling attention to a "crisis" for something that isn't a crisis, they just lack perspective on what real problems are.

They can do math but are to self centered to let anyone else have the spotlight.

I don't buy the, " it's preemptive" because if doubled every year for the next 5 years ( we have never seen from go up 1/50th of that over 5 years) it would still be less than 600 people out of 10 million. 

I really think the ones at the protest were just some do nothing bitches wanting attention, and it worked. 

Years from now, History books will be unkind to Trump for obvious reasons. Here's to hoping they're as unkind to all the petulant, whiny, violent protesters we see in this country these days. But of course, they'll likely be portrayed as heroes, even if they're all cowards. That poor bastard who had someone spit in his face in Minneapolis. I'd love to give him 5 minutes alone with the prick who spit on him. He'd likely be kind to the asshole, mind you, but our world could use a little more frontier justice. 

I mean, seriously, these protesters can't even articulate what they're upset about. A good 99% of them are just sheep following the shepherd of fabricated, practically non-existent problems, or false equivalences, such as LGBTQ people facing discrimination similar to black people in the past (yawn--it's not similar. We all know that). We're seeing resistance mostly to the absolutely, 100% crazy elements of their group (which consists of a very small portion of LGBTQ people). Take the forthcoming SCOTUS decision regarding trans discrimination. One of the cited cases is a funeral home being unwilling to let a man wear dresses while at work, looking strange and out of place while a grieving family is trying to focus on final care for their deceased loved one. When the employee refused to comply with wearing sex-appropriate clothing, they fired him. And rightfully so.

You can do and be whatever you want on your own time. If your workplace has reasonable expectations of you, you comply or deal with the consequences. 

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Thanatos said:

We werent, though? That was the point. They were there as a deterrent. Turkey would never attack and risk the wrath of the US while our soldiers were there. They cut a deal with Trump and he pulled our guys out so now they can attack the Kurds. The big thing to me is asking them to dismantle their defenses for the past two months and then leaving. They'll never trust us again, nor should any other ally, at least as long as Trump is in charge.

The Kurds can beat ISIS. They can't beat Turkey.

IT'S NOT OUR FIGHT. We have been paying and equipping them for years. 

Here's what I don't get. For years people said get out of these wars, you yourself said it, and now that we are doing just that it's bad because... TRUMP!!!!!! 

We have been doing Europe and the toilet of the world a solid for years, it's time they deal with their own mess.

And where were all these pussy ass kurd defenders who were protesting the Iraq war, TWICE, when they were being slaughtered by Sadam? That's right, no where. Now that Trump did it, it's a problem. The fuck outta here.

If you support the troops, bring them back to their families.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@BwareDWare94I wouldn't be so sure the history books will be all that unkind to Trump. George W Bush lied us into a war that put a lot of people, US military included in an early grave and he also made us the most spied upon society in human history but he gets liberty medals (fucking l o fucking l)from his buddy Joe Biden and he gets on TV to show off his paintings. He even gets to be buds with Ellen despite the fact that he literally rode a campaign based very largely upon homophobia. Guess Ellen cares about those tax breaks than civil rights lol. She is so full of shit. I mean, she always has been but still. Remember how unpopular Bush was? He was so unpopular we elected a black guy with a Muslim name. Now people are longing for the good ol' days of Bush. 

J2AO47FWSBHK7FESA4GIUGWJ4A.jpg

ellen-bush.jpg

This is what we call class unity. Vote blue no matter who though lol give me a fucking break. There's one party, folks. One big club and youuuuu ain't fucking in it.

Edited by seanbrock

On 10/11/2019 at 9:00 PM, Omerta said:

IT'S NOT OUR FIGHT. We have been paying and equipping them for years. 

Here's what I don't get. For years people said get out of these wars, you yourself said it, and now that we are doing just that it's bad because... TRUMP!!!!!! 

We have been doing Europe and the toilet of the world a solid for years, it's time they deal with their own mess.

And where were all these pussy ass kurd defenders who were protesting the Iraq war, TWICE, when they were being slaughtered by Sadam? That's right, no where. Now that Trump did it, it's a problem. The fuck outta here.

If you support the troops, bring them back to their families.

We told them it was our fight since it was against ISIS. We told them to take down their defenses, that we would handle Turkey on the diplomatic front. Now they are being murdered in the streets. https://imgur.com/gallery/0qIQt1S

We never should have gone in in the first place, but once you have and you have committed to these people, you cannot simply lie to these people and back out like this. This is mass murder at this point and we're just standing by and letting it happen because Trump has been paid off. They are literally executing Kurdish fighters in the street. Trump said if Turkey went too far he would crash their economy. Apparently going full Daenarys Targaryen isnt enough to cause him to act.

Also Trump is NOT taking the soldiers back. He just moved them because Saudi Arabia is paying him.

• Downvote 1

Dude are you serious right now? If we should have never gone it hit know that we're committed, why did you say we should take them out not even 2 years ago? 

And don't act like Trump is the first to do it. Jesus Christ he is not the first evil guy on the fucking planet. Obama was buddies with Erdogan. We backed Hussein only to leave him alone and kill him later. Osama same shit. Every president in this countrys history has backed shit leaders.

God damn. It's fucking stupid. You wanted to pull out before you went full blown anti Trump, now that he takes them out of combat theatre you hate it.

Whatever dude, I'm done with this bullshit. Make up your fucking mind. Is it good or is it bad. And if you don't like troops taken out of combat your kind of a dick since you're not paying the price.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I’ve said this before but I think that is one of the few good things of Trumps presidency. People are paying attention to a lot of the corruption of the office unlike they ever did before. Only problem with that though is they’re acting like the corruption just started — which makes me less hopeful that people will hold future presidents to the same high standard. 

People on Twitter raging over sending troops to SA (rightfully so), but for whatever reason ignoring the fact that the US has backed SA for decades and it’s only gotten stronger since Baby Bush — which includes Obama bending the knee. 

Trump is a problem.  But this isn’t a Trump problem. 

These issues run so much deeper than most want to discuss. It’s far too easy to simply deflect everything to Trump (even when it’s fair). In the current climate that is where the discussion ends. We’re not going to get to the root of these issues or come up with real solutions if we just blame Trump and move on. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Dude are you serious right now? If we should have never gone it hit know that we're committed, why did you say we should take them out not even 2 years ago? 

And don't act like Trump is the first to do it. Jesus Christ he is not the first evil guy on the fucking planet. Obama was buddies with Erdogan. We backed Hussein only to leave him alone and kill him later. Osama same shit. Every president in this countrys history has backed shit leaders.

God damn. It's fucking stupid. You wanted to pull out before you went full blown anti Trump, now that he takes them out of combat theatre you hate it.

Whatever dude, I'm done with this bullshit. Make up your fucking mind. Is it good or is it bad. And if you don't like troops taken out of combat your kind of a dick since you're not paying the price.

He. is. not. bringing. them. home. He literally talked to Erdogan and moved 50-60 troops out of the way so that his little buddy- let's not forget Istanbul is the home of Trump Towers- can murder a bunch of people we used to take down ISIS and now have tossed aside. They were not going to die, they were not in grave danger, they were helping the Kurds hold a bunch of ISIS prisoners. Turkey would not have dared to attack as long as the US was there.

You appear to be just fine with lying to our allies and setting them up for Turkey to murder. I'm not. I don't know how this is so hard to grasp. We got them to lower their defenses- this was purely Trump, btw, not anyone else, because we asked them in August of 2019- and then backed out and let Turkey kill them. You cannot operate that way in the world. No one will trust our word again. Nor should they.

How come every single time I point out Trump doing something you have to bring up someone else? Whataboutism at its finest. News flash: Obama isn't President. Hillary isn't President. I am concerned with what Trump is doing, not with what they are doing.

We should not be involved nearly as much militarily in the world as we are. A) That does not mean we should be involved literally nowhere and should be purely isolationist. Such a thing is a fantasy in the modern world. So just because in general I support removing our troops does not mean every single time we do so, its a good idea or the right way to do it, and such a counter argument is so incredibly stupid I am forced to believe you are intentionally setting up a strawman. B) When we have already promised an ally we will handle another nation so that they are not attacked, and said ally should take down their defenses in order to promote peace in the region, we cannot then backtrack on our word and back out, leaving them to die. It looks to them and the rest of the world that we were in cahoots with Turkey the whole time and set them up to die. That is the action of scum, not the action of the US.

I am anti-Trump because Trump makes a mockery of this country on a daily basis. His actions betraying the Kurds is just more of the same. 

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

I’ve said this before but I think that is one of the few good things of Trumps presidency. People are paying attention to a lot of the corruption of the office unlike they ever did before. Only problem with that though is they’re acting like the corruption just started — which makes me less hopeful that people will hold future presidents to the same high standard. 

People on Twitter raging over sending troops to SA (rightfully so), but for whatever reason ignoring the fact that the US has backed SA for decades and it’s only gotten stronger since Baby Bush — which includes Obama bending the knee. 

These issues run so much deeper than most want to discuss. It’s far too easy to simply deflect everything to Trump (even when it’s fair). In the current climate that is where the discussion ends. We’re not going to get to the root of these issues or come up with real solutions if we just blame Trump and move on. 

When the house is on fire, the first step is putting out the fire, not figuring out why its on fire. Trump has to be removed before we can begin to figure out what the hell is going on at the top. 

It's not whataboutism. How come you always bring that up when your points are nuts.

I bring it up because that is how business is generally done. At some point you leave. This is not exclusive to Trump. The precedent is there and people still want to get in bed with us. Quit acting like this is life altering new thing just because you hate the guy.

We were going to leave at some point, now is as good as time as any. Let them figure out their own problems. It's still not or fight. ISIS is dead, mission complete. 

The fact you walk back your own statements irks you, but you are a victim of your own nuance. It's easy to advocate a war you will/have never bear/borne the cost of.

34 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Oh look, someone who gets it.

That's is whataboutism though. Such retarded bullshit.

3 hours ago, Omerta said:

It's not whataboutism. How come you always bring that up when your points are nuts.

I bring it up because that is how business is generally done. At some point you leave. This is not exclusive to Trump. The precedent is there and people still want to get in bed with us. Quit acting like this is life altering new thing just because you hate the guy.

We were going to leave at some point, now is as good as time as any. Let them figure out their own problems. It's still not or fight. ISIS is dead, mission complete. 

The fact you walk back your own statements irks you, but you are a victim of your own nuance. It's easy to advocate a war you will/have never bear/borne the cost of.

I'm not walking back any statements, I know you have more intelligence than this. A 5 year old could understand there is nuance in the statement "I want our troops to come home." That does not literally mean everyone should instantly pack up their bags and come home, that's simply not a feasible way to operate in this world. Quit playing dumb.

It's textbook whataboutism. "How come Trump did this crazy thing?" "How come Obama/Clinton did it?" It doesn't answer the question, it simply avoids it. Favre answers the question and adds to it. I would argue he's still not quite seeing it like I am- Trump has escalated this way beyond anything Obama did, IMO- but he at least acknowledges the issue.

At some point you leave, sure. And apparently that point is right after telling our allies to get rid of their defenses so they're vulnerable to Turkey's invasion. Completely lying to our allies and leaving them to die is totally what we always do. Totally makes sense. Cmon, dude. You're just being silly at this point because you refuse to admit you're wrong here.

Tell me, truthfully. The following scenario: The Kurds have defensive fortifications up to stall any Turkish attack. The US tells them, "We are trying to negotiate with Turkey. As part of negotiations, they want you guys to tear down the defenses because that way it doesn't look like you're preparing for war." And then over the past two months, they do just that. We also gave Turkey information about the airspace surrounding the region and intel on the cities. And then, the President of the US meets with the dictator of Turkey and the US troops fall back leaving the Kurds wide open to a Turkish invasion. An invasion where soldiers are being executed in the street, where political leaders are being ambushed and killed by Turkish military forces.

This is scenario A. This is what happened. Versus scenario B. The US informs the Kurds they will be leaving so they need to be ready for a Turkish attack. They give them ample warning so they can rebuild the defenses they tore down as per our instructions. Perhaps we help them do so. Then we leave. 

And you are seriously arguing for A?

I agree they need to be able to fight on their own, but we didn't give them half a chance. We sold them out to Trump's buddy. In neither scenario are US troops in grave danger. You keep talking like they were actively in harm's way. I suppose by virtue of simply being over there they are more likely than us to get hurt, but there wasn't an active invasion going on until we fell back. 

You also keep bringing up the soldiers that were there. Every news organization I have read about this disaster-in-progress has said the military officers and special forces that are currently there have said they are "extremely upset" "dismayed" and other similar quotes.

Edited by Thanatos

The Kurds are kind of eternally fucked. Everyone hates them. They're a nation without a country. The only way we could ever really protect them is to take them into the US or some sort of UN decision to re-draw boarders which is kind of not so great of a solution either and would almost certainly still result in war. We could just say to Turkey "fuck with our boys and you get carpet bombed. Idk." We're already sanctioning the Turks but there really isn't a good solution to this and if we wait until the Kurds are ready to fend off the Turks to pull out, then as @Omertasaid, we will be there forever. 

As for the Trump impeachment, it is an utter waste of time and political capital. Trump will never be impeached with a GOP majority in the Senate and he should be the easiest guy to defeat at the ballot box. He's doing the exact same thing as Biden did with his son with his kids and they're all screaming about impeachment over Ukraine lol. Why is that?

It fits their preferred narrative of Trump doing unprecedented things, which is obviously false. You can't combat evil with lies and expect the American public to get in line with you. We might be unfathomably unintelligent as a whole, but there are enough smart voters (which consists of everybody in this thread, regardless of disagreements) to know bullshit when we see it. The irony is that each side points out bullshit with more bullshit.

23 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

It fits their preferred narrative of Trump doing unprecedented things, which is obviously false. You can't combat evil with lies and expect the American public to get in line with you. We might be unfathomably unintelligent as a whole, but there are enough smart voters (which consists of everybody in this thread, regardless of disagreements) to know bullshit when we see it. The irony is that each side points out bullshit with more bullshit.

Lmao. Obviously false when the dude asks on camera for Ukraine and China to investigate Biden. Sure, bud.

I'm done, lol. 

29 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Yeah it’s a lot easier to point out faults than it is to fix the mess. The sheer amount of legislation that Pelosi is not moving through the House... and the sheer amount of legislation that McConnell won’t move on in the Senate is just insane. 

The politicians argue and deflect while doing very little of their actual job — and the people suffer because of it. 

9 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I'm not walking back any statements, I know you have more intelligence than this. A 5 year old could understand there is nuance in the statement "I want our troops to come home." That does not literally mean everyone should instantly pack up their bags and come home, that's simply not a feasible way to operate in this world. Quit playing dumb.

It's textbook whataboutism. "How come Trump did this crazy thing?" "How come Obama/Clinton did it?" It doesn't answer the question, it simply avoids it. Favre answers the question and adds to it. I would argue he's still not quite seeing it like I am- Trump has escalated this way beyond anything Obama did, IMO- but he at least acknowledges the issue.

At some point you leave, sure. And apparently that point is right after telling our allies to get rid of their defenses so they're vulnerable to Turkey's invasion. Completely lying to our allies and leaving them to die is totally what we always do. Totally makes sense. Cmon, dude. You're just being silly at this point because you refuse to admit you're wrong here.

Tell me, truthfully. The following scenario: The Kurds have defensive fortifications up to stall any Turkish attack. The US tells them, "We are trying to negotiate with Turkey. As part of negotiations, they want you guys to tear down the defenses because that way it doesn't look like you're preparing for war." And then over the past two months, they do just that. We also gave Turkey information about the airspace surrounding the region and intel on the cities. And then, the President of the US meets with the dictator of Turkey and the US troops fall back leaving the Kurds wide open to a Turkish invasion. An invasion where soldiers are being executed in the street, where political leaders are being ambushed and killed by Turkish military forces.

This is scenario A. This is what happened. Versus scenario B. The US informs the Kurds they will be leaving so they need to be ready for a Turkish attack. They give them ample warning so they can rebuild the defenses they tore down as per our instructions. Perhaps we help them do so. Then we leave. 

And you are seriously arguing for A?

I agree they need to be able to fight on their own, but we didn't give them half a chance. We sold them out to Trump's buddy. In neither scenario are US troops in grave danger. You keep talking like they were actively in harm's way. I suppose by virtue of simply being over there they are more likely than us to get hurt, but there wasn't an active invasion going on until we fell back. 

You also keep bringing up the soldiers that were there. Every news organization I have read about this disaster-in-progress has said the military officers and special forces that are currently there have said they are "extremely upset" "dismayed" and other similar quotes.

Yes you walked it back. You do this ALL THE TIME. You will make a blanket statement, it happens and you don't like it, so you do the Thanatos special. It's, "nuanced" , cut the shit. If someone else did it you would sing from the mountain tops, but since it's Trump it's always going to be bad. He himself could implement universal healthcare, and you would hate it. Then it would become " nuanced" lol. 

First let's call whataboutism what it is. A liberal buzzword anytime someone brings up historical context. Here is where it gets real stupid. People will bring up something historical or say something is unprecedented and when you try to show them it isn't, boom whataboutism. Such a stupid argument used by morons. Then the dumbest part. To shame the inadequacies of their own arguments, they just fucking make up words.

Of course it's an issue. I am well aware, but if anyone thinks shady middle eastern deals started with Trump, or that he is even the worst, they're a fucking moron who lacks any knowledge of what's gone in there.

Your assuming option B is an option. Militarily the Kurds are terrible. They have the Peshmerga and that's it. Their defenses would have fallen within a couple days regardless. That is what is being lost here with no American help they fall 72 hours regardless.  Was it shitty what he did? Yeah. Do I give a shit if it gets us out of the middle East? Nope not a bit. Now if only we could exit Yemen and get the fuck out if the shit hole known as the middle East. If it were not for oil they would be the most ass backwards place on the planet.

51 Americans have died for absolutely nothing while spending a ridiculous amount. The military budget is something you also rail against, for the record. That is more than enough for me just so Europe can feel safe again.

You said it yourself, we need to leave. We're leaving. Trump says You're welcome. You can quabble about how it happens but since this started there is no scenario the Kurds don't get slaughtered without American help. What's happening now would have happened next week if we took your made up option B. 

Let's talk about option B. Let's say we tell them we're leaving and they say you can't leave. We look like dicks anyway. Unless they can turn into a functioning military in a month. They can't. Not one that can beast the almost equality inept turkey. We were going to look bad no matter what, so we might as well cut it losses and get the fuck out.

Not a lot of contrast between MSNBC and CNN I guess. A lot of them don't like it, that's fine. There's plenty who do. If they want military help they can probably contact American civilian military groups for help so the soldiers have to be payed well, and are their on more than orders.

Issues are not purely black and white, Ngata, cmon. I know you know better than this. "Our troops need to go home" does not mean we should drop everything we are doing right now and get everyone home immediately. We need to be working towards that end, preparing for that end. That's my main issue with our foreign policy. We have no end-game.

Not even Trump is pure black and white. I have supported what he has done in the past- such as getting us out of the TPP- so this immediately puts the lie to your statement that if he passed universal healthcare I'd be against it. 

Whataboutism is a liberal buzzword? It has nothing to do with liberal/conservative. It's been around long before now, since back in the 1970s. Whataboutism is simply the common name for the tu quoque fallacy- you are being hypocritical because x person did the same thing or something of similar nature. Now Trump supporters have been using this fallacy for quite a long time now, "But her emails!" is a classic example. So yeah, right now the left uses it more, but that's because the right is led by a fucking liar and a lunatic who uses it himself and causes all the little cultists who support him to use it as well. 

Sucks when the right has to use "alternative facts" because reality is not on their side, but that's what has been going on ever since Trump won.