Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

3 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Issues are not purely black and white, Ngata, cmon. I know you know better than this. "Our troops need to go home" does not mean we should drop everything we are doing right now and get everyone home immediately. We need to be working towards that end, preparing for that end. That's my main issue with our foreign policy. We have no end-game.

Not even Trump is pure black and white. I have supported what he has done in the past- such as getting us out of the TPP- so this immediately puts the lie to your statement that if he passed universal healthcare I'd be against it. 

Whataboutism is a liberal buzzword? It has nothing to do with liberal/conservative. It's been around long before now, since back in the 1970s. Whataboutism is simply the common name for the tu quoque fallacy- you are being hypocritical because x person did the same thing or something of similar nature. Now Trump supporters have been using this fallacy for quite a long time now, "But her emails!" is a classic example. So yeah, right now the left uses it more, but that's because the right is led by a fucking liar and a lunatic who uses it himself and causes all the little cultists who support him to use it as well. 

Sucks when the right has to use "alternative facts" because reality is not on their side, but that's what has been going on ever since Trump won.

If we have no end game why not call the boys home until we have a competent foreign policy? So we have no end game right now so we should keep perpetuating the dumb shit until we get one? That makes no sense to me.

Not all issues are black and white. Most are. That is the beauty of right and wrong. We shouldnt be over there by any reasonable standard and continuing to do so just because people are going to die doesn't mean we have to keep fucking up. Where is the outrage for Eritrea, Uganda, and all the other shit hole places we are in where people die everyday because of Muslim extremists? There isn't because the truth is most people don't give a shit. More people die per day in countries like Africa because of extremism and warlords, even after the US has tried to prop up the opposition. We just can't anymore. Whether it's Africa or Syria we can't keep solving Europe's problems at our expense.

Yes The you also fallacy has been a political staple for years, BUT, the left has been using it at a prolific pace. They talk about corruption like it's exclusive to the Republican party, and when the Republicans defend themselves it's whataboutism, and vice versa. 

All politics and both sides use alternate facts. But I guess that's whataboutism too. Look no further than the hit piece the new york times put out on Gabbard calling her supporters white supremacists and neo Nazis

Edited by Omerta

The both sides argument is so dumb. One side is clearly worse than the other and has been for the past decade plus. I'm honestly tired of arguing with you, Ngata. Your fundamental understanding of reality differs from mine. You can't have a debate when that's the case.

No their worse to you. Both sides are equally terrible to me, but you're a hard left guy so...yeah.

We do live in much different worlds.

I'm really not hard left. Nowadays in the US if you believe in climate change being a real threat, people being equal under the law, and everyone having a right to healthcare, you're labeled as such. The US has far right and center parties compared to the rest of the world. And their far right party is led by a criminal who admitted to a crime on national TV and people still find a way to handwave it away. The GOP's utter capitulation and defense of Trump, no matter what he does, is going to destroy them.

This shit has no place in the US: 

AG just proved he is biased as hell.

21 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

I'm really not hard left. Nowadays in the US if you believe in climate change being a real threat, people being equal under the law, and everyone having a right to healthcare, you're labeled as such. The US has far right and center parties compared to the rest of the world. And their far right party is led by a criminal who admitted to a crime on national TV and people still find a way to handwave it away. The GOP's utter capitulation and defense of Trump, no matter what he does, is going to destroy them.

You are definitely hard left. That's ok man, just own it. 

And why do people care what other countries do. Thank God were not them.

1 minute ago, Omerta said:

You are definitely hard left. That's ok man, just own it. 

And why do people care what other countries do. Thank God were not them.

The point is the US doesn't have a hard left. The Dems are center. The GOP is hard right.

I am definitely not hard left. The GOP has gone so far to the right with Trump that anyone who is at all left of center they label as far left.

53 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Wait.. you talking about the left and Joe Biden admitting his crime on TV? 

I understand the frustration of coming to the realization that both parties are corrupt shills that don't have interests of the people at heart... bu that is the way it is. They do have their own unique evils in some regards, in others they share those evils.You want to believe there is hope. There's comfort in knowing there is a "good side". You chose the political blue pill, so to speak. Although, perhaps that's a bad metaphor because the blue pill is relative ignorance of everything and you just choose ignorance of half the equation. But either way, you get what im saying. 

43 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Oh it definitely does. I believe we're all equal, I believe in climate change, and everyone should have healthcare. 

I am not left in the slightest. You are left and that's a good thing. You are the decent face of the left. You could be a massive pile of shit like Blots left. You are the left this country needs to negotiate towards a middle.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761176f3e7482be0c29215

giphy.webp?cid=790b761162bee84ae202412e4

58 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Oh it definitely does. I believe we're all equal, I believe in climate change, and everyone should have healthcare. 

I am not left in the slightest. You are left and that's a good thing. You are the decent face of the left. You could be a massive pile of shit like Blots left. You are the left this country needs to negotiate towards a middle.

I'm not saying I'm not left, I guess I took hard left as far left? Is that not what you meant?

19 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Wait.. you talking about the left and Joe Biden admitting his crime on TV? 

I understand the frustration of coming to the realization that both parties are corrupt shills that don't have interests of the people at heart... bu that is the way it is. They do have their own unique evils in some regards, in others they share those evils.You want to believe there is hope. There's comfort in knowing there is a "good side". You chose the political blue pill, so to speak. Although, perhaps that's a bad metaphor because the blue pill is relative ignorance of everything and you just choose ignorance of half the equation. But either way, you get what im saying. 

Putting pressure on a government by another government is not a crime. (Not that it is a good thing, morally speaking, to be clear. Simply not a crime legally.) The goal of said pressure is what makes Trump's Ukraine thing a crime.

Both parties are corrupt, yes. Both parties are not equally corrupt, nor are both parties equally bad for the average American. One is clearly better than the other.

Edited by Thanatos

Nah, they aren't. Look what Democrats have done to the black community alone... It's disgusting. And they still vote for them (Democrats). Both parties are full of losers. Having faith or loyalty to a party is leading you to heartbreak, ignorance, or both. 

Also:
“According to Reuters polling data, Sanders supporters are three times as likely to choose Yang as their second favorite than backers of either U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren or former Vice President Joe Biden, the other two leading contenders.”

I don't quite think I believe that, but I would be interested to see it for myself. Adios Bernie! 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Omerta said:

I'm not saying you're the Uber whiny, 72 gender, glitter farting, dildo slinging, unicorn horn sitting, do-nothing-bitch, feaux intellectual, self loathing, self pitying, handout taking, entitled, cunt bag type.

But you are as far left as you can get while floating between the fringes of reality and firmly planted in it.

I say fringes because you see a vast chasm between the left and right that isn't there, and you debate from emotion often. Most of the time you're Onnit even if we disagree. We will.kost likely never share a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle a, but I don't disapprove of your very existence like I used to, and still do for Blots and PhilElliot.

You're much harder to pin down. One minute I like you, and the next I grab my flashlight and boots to help you find the mind you lost imo. 

I would say on the spectrum from Rush Limbaugh to Blots you're a Whoopi Goldberg.

This is one of the best posts in a long long time. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

This is one of the best posts in a long long time. Thank you.

giphy.gif

One side being clearly better than the other used to be the truth. Now the left just has better promises. Problem is, there's no budgetary feasibility that comes with those promises that doesn't involve taxing the shit out of the middle class. The right says, "hang on a minute, we can't possibly afford that" and then they all get thrown in the same bowl as someone like Mitch McConnell, who I consider the worst of the worst hard right. 

5 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

One side being clearly better than the other used to be the truth. Now the left just has better promises. Problem is, there's no budgetary feasibility that comes with those promises that doesn't involve taxing the shit out of the middle class. The right says, "hang on a minute, we can't possibly afford that" and then they all get thrown in the same bowl as someone like Mitch McConnell, who I consider the worst of the worst hard right. 

He doesn't have as much pull, but Allen West is a scary motherfucker.

43 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Mitch McConnell should be taken out back and put down. He's worse than Trump.

Edited by Thanatos

1 hour ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Nah, they aren't. Look what Democrats have done to the black community alone... It's disgusting. And they still vote for them (Democrats). Both parties are full of losers. Having faith or loyalty to a party is leading you to heartbreak, ignorance, or both. 

Also:
“According to Reuters polling data, Sanders supporters are three times as likely to choose Yang as their second favorite than backers of either U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren or former Vice President Joe Biden, the other two leading contenders.”

I don't quite think I believe that, but I would be interested to see it for myself. Adios Bernie! 

I'm not loyal to a party, but its the GOP who believes in trickle down economics and constantly pushes our economy into the dump. The Dems are corrupt as hell, but they're nowhere near as bad for the average American as the current incarnation of the Republicans.

1 hour ago, Omerta said:

I'm not saying you're the Uber whiny, 72 gender, glitter farting, dildo slinging, unicorn horn sitting, do-nothing-bitch, feaux intellectual, self loathing, self pitying, handout taking, entitled, cunt bag type.

But you are as far left as you can get while floating between the fringes of reality and firmly planted in it.

I say fringes because you see a vast chasm between the left and right that isn't there, and you debate from emotion often. Most of the time you're On it even if we disagree. We will most likely never share a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle together, but I don't disapprove of your very existence like I used to, and still do for Blots and PhilElliot.

You're much harder to pin down. One minute I like you, and the next I grab my flashlight and boots to help you find the mind you lost imo. 

I would say on the spectrum from Rush Limbaugh to Blots you're a Whoopi Goldberg.

You can share my kombucha anytime. I have perfected it now.

What have Democrats done for the “average” (whatever that means) American. 

I remember Pew doing a poll during the middle of Obama’s 2nd term.  2/3 of Americans believed that there’s been little to no help for poor and middle class Americans nor have they helped small business. 

Roughly the same percentage said those most benefiting from government policy was large banks, corporations, and the wealthy.

Again, this is roughly ... 2015 or so IIRC. 

The federal reserve also released data showing that the true middle class was earning less and had a lower overall net worth than when Obama took office. 

Yeah, Obama talked a big game and had big ideas for helping out the poor and middle class but most of it wasn’t truly realized or effective in the ways he had hoped. He gets credit for stabilizing the economy but it didn’t come because helped the middle class... the middle class took on the burden of helping (mostly) the rich and some of the very poor. 

I just googled for some examples cuz Idk where the hell that Pew polling data would be and I am not searching their website like 5 years lol. Full disclosure, I haven’t fully read through this but it seems solid going over both the good and bad. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-obama-economy/middle-class-decline-looms-over-final-years-of-obama-presidency-idUSKBN0KR0HD20150118

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Are Democrats primarily responsible for the current overregulation of the over the road/long haul trucking industry? Because some of the after effects of that are a prime example of good intentions with horrific unseen consequences.

Democrats throw their capes on, come in to save the day, then leave everything in a state of FUBAR and noticeably worse off than it ever was. IE: poor communities in most major cities.

The moderate Democrats are starting to shit on the crazies. Not saying I support or love them — but Klobuchar and Mayor Pete we’re making a lot of sense tonight. 

Speaking of crazies... Bernie seems to have secured the endorsement of AOC, Omar, and Tlaib . 

It doesn’t sway me personally (*shudder*) but it’s a big get for Bernie — and it’s reallllly early for endorsements of that level at this point in the race. I am interested to see how this impacts the race.

Edit:

Am I looking into this too much or is AOC looking at a high cabinet position?

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

6 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

The moderate Democrats are starting to shit on the crazies. 

That's why most of them are there. How many people on that stage do you think stand a chance at winning the nomination? Lol