Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

2 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Beta O’Rourke has dropped out of the race. 

What, we lost Beta? Say it isn't so 

27 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

There have been surprises before in the early states. I think Mayor Pete, Tulsi and Yang could all jump into contention because polls aren't always reliable. 

I think Pete is gone. He is a shitty Mayor of a relatively small City that had regressed under him. He is done.

I think it's a 4 person race. Tulsi, Yang, Bernie, and Warren. I think it's going to be hard to elect Bernie because of his health.

So in effect it's 3.

Pete has been funneling a ton of money into ads here in Iowa... his face is everywhere and his polling is jumping exponentially. Most recent poll has him at like 18%. 

I love them but Iowans are very... receptive to political ads 

Yeah maybe in Iowa, but outside there people have no idea who this guy is or why a Mayor is neglecting the town he runs, to runf for president.

Seriously most people in Seattle know the guys as the homo mayor or the gay mayor.

Some people really hate him and I don't know why. Some people love him, because he is gay I presume, and most have no idea who the fuck he is lol.

White, straight liberals like mayor Pete because he's gay. Just like this whole me too/cancel culture thing was created by white straight liberal (mostly male) liberals. Focusing on identity turns out to be just about as good a way as conservative bible thumping & deficit hawking to vote against their interests. This is how the war machine is stronger than ever. This is how we continue to destroy the world we live in. This is how banks and the elite continue to rule the world.

Also, been thinking. Two points for Medicare for all that aren't talked about enough. 

1. 100% employing American Citizens who pay taxes in this country lol.

2. If you work in NY you don't have to worry about your job getting shipped down south to Texas or something to doge taxes

47 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

White, straight liberals like mayor Pete because he's gay. Just like this whole me too/cancel culture thing was created by white straight liberal (mostly male) liberals. Focusing on identity turns out to be just about as good a way as conservative bible thumping & deficit hawking to vote against their interests. This is how the war machine is stronger than ever. This is how we continue to destroy the world we live in. This is how banks and the elite continue to rule the world.

Ya Pete is constantly one of the best in favorability polls. Way less people really dislike Pete relative to Warren, Biden, and Sanders. 

He seems to be set up to be the “moderate” choice opposite the Bernie/Warren duel. Biden is toast. 

Maybe it's me seeing what I want but I know CONSERVATIVES voting for Tulsi because of their absolute hatred for Clinton, destruction of the ever privileged Kamala Harris, and her moderate policies and support of a free market with only slight moderations that won't effect most.

Moderates love her, and she still gets some decent pull in liberal circles. It's the White Knight pussy and the people who are a slave to a cunt who don't like her. Everyone else can be convinced.

I think this is a 3 horse race. We will see though

5 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Imma just say people in this thread are sorely misjudging Pete. I work in South Bend. I talk to people about him all the time, as the topic tends to come up in small talk. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but he is a decent dude, and the city loves him. The comment that was made about him neglecting the city is just utterly false from South Bend's perspective. He is there all the time, probably to the detriment of his presidential campaign. 

They don't like him because he's gay. If anything that's a strike against him. South Bend is directly south of Notre Dame and has a large Catholic presence. I've lost count of the number of times a customer was talking to me about him and said "for a gay person..." before lauding something he's done.

Yet he won re-election after coming out with 80% of the vote.

Yeah I don't think homophobia is as rampant as people would have you believe. I think being gay is a massive benefit these days.

8 minutes ago, Omerta said:

Yeah I don't think homophobia is as rampant as people would have you believe. I think being gay is a massive benefit these days.

Idk if I would agree with all that but in national elections as a Democrat in a Democratic primary I think being gay plays very well for him in a large segment of that constituency. 

It definitely does. I think homophobia is extremely over played.

I think now trans people catch hell and some of them should. There is a lot of questionable things about trans people.

11 hours ago, Omerta said:

It definitely does. I think homophobia is extremely over played.

I think now trans people catch hell and some of them should. There is a lot of questionable things about trans people.

Yeah idk man I think you living in a very liberal area has colored your view on this one. There a lot of places that you still really would not want to be gay in. 

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

Yeah idk man I think you living in a very liberal area has colored your view on this one. There a lot of places that you still really would not want to be gay in. 

Oh yeah, that I will agree with. But things like this always boil down to expectations. Are we expecting zero homophobia? I mean ideally that would be nice, but a lot has changed very quickly. I mean just look at this place. Not even 5 years ago "fegit", "faggot", "queer" were common soubriquet around here. I was on hiatus when you guys had the mean culpa on not saying it anymore, but the rule is there none the less. 

There is going to be bad things all the time. Being white in Harlem is not ideal, being blank in Mississippi is probably not ideal, bring straight in Seattle is not cool, being gay in Alabama could be a problem. I don't think this means that you can generalize the US has homophobia, or racist, or any of that other shit as easily as we like to these days.

Yeah I'm with you as far as saying that we have made a lot of progress on homophobia and racism but I do think it's a pretty big stretch to say it's a massive advantage. I also know that stuff will never be eliminated from society. That doesn't it can't be better though either.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Omerta said:

Not in Indiana it isn't. 

What do you mean there are a lot of questionable things about trans people?

Edited by Thanatos

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Not in Indiana it isn't. 

What do you mean there are a lot of questionable things about trans people?

Well for starters let's talk sports. 

Is it fair a guy can roll off the couch and reset women's power lifting records? Is it fair that a lifelong dude can beat the fuck out of chicks. Is it fair that women's cycling is now being dominated by a man?

Is it really intelligent to say there are no biological advantages kept by men after only 2 years on hormones?

Are we going to pretend that gender fluidity is real?

How far do we let this go? Ironically feminists are speaking out against trans people and calling for a trans exclusionary feminist movement.

Are we going to pretend this Zim/Zer nonsense is a thing?

I mean if you believe in any of this there is no point in a discussion. I am all for living your best life, but some shit is just horseshit and we are made to stay silent. 

Are we going to pretend 8 year olds can decide their genders?

Are we really going to change the chemical compositions of their brains ?

Are we going to pretend almost half of people who undergo sexual confirmation surgery regret it, and NEARLY ALL have suicidal ideation.

If you don't think there's questions you're part of the problem.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1

Pelosi actually said something intelligent.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is issuing a pointed message to Democrats running for president in 2020: Those liberal ideas that fire up the party’s base are a big loser when it comes to beating President Donald Trump.

Proposals pushed by Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders like Medicare for All and a wealth tax play well in liberal enclaves like her own district in San Francisco but won’t sell in the Midwestern states that sent Trump to the White House in 2016, she said.

“What works in San Francisco does not necessarily work in Michigan,” Pelosi said at a roundtable of Bloomberg News reporters and editors on Friday. “What works in Michigan works in San Francisco — talking about workers’ rights and sharing prosperity.”

“Remember November,” she said. “You must win the Electoral College.”

Yahoo

6 hours ago, Omerta said:

Is it fair a guy can roll off the couch and reset women's power lifting records? Is it fair that a lifelong dude can beat the fuck out of chicks. Is it fair that women's cycling is now being dominated by a man?

Is it really intelligent to say there are no biological advantages kept by men after only 2 years on hormones?

How far do we let this go? Ironically feminists are speaking out against trans people and calling for a trans exclusionary feminist movement.

I mean if you believe in any of this there is no point in a discussion. I am all for living your best life, but some shit is just horseshit and we are made to stay silent. 

Are we going to pretend almost half of people who undergo sexual confirmation surgery regret it, and NEARLY ALL have suicidal ideation.

1. No, and there isn't a clean answer to that, outside of something like a Trans League for those sorts of things. But then you run into the problem of people treating it like a freakshow, or other ethical and political strife.

2. Also no. I really don't have a clean answer to trans athletes in sports which is something that should be discussed.

3. Gender and Sex are different, and if most traits of gender are socially assigned, then it makes sense that ones gender identity may not always match 100% man, or 100% woman. Naturally, one's gender identity may not match their biological sex. 

4. TERF's or FARTs (Feminist Appropriating Reactionary Transphobes) aren't feminists. I mean... not in the technical sense of what feminism is supposed to mean, but we've long since lost the point of what feminism is supposed to mean, just like what being a Good Christian or Good Muslim is supposed to be. It supposed to be about equal rights for all, not equal rights for women. But that's another long story. Point is, a real feminist would fight for trans women's rights all the same.

5. Gender Fluid people would typically like pronouns that work for them. Whether it be They (some people will bitch about grammar, but the english language has always been about beating grammar over the head until it suits our needs), or Xe/ZIm/Zer, whatever. There isn't any sort of one size fits all classification, which probably explains why so many people have issues understanding it, and why there are so many different pronouns out there. Most people you talk to on a daily basis will just give you their preferred pronouns to make it easier. It's kind of like not wanting to be called Matt when your name is Mike.

6. This one requests clarification.

7. Kids at 8 have spent at least four years in a schooling environment, dealing with pseudo people just like them, and have started to develop their traits. I don't think they're at an age to make a conscious decision on whether or not they may be transgendered, but they may be getting to age where they understand that they don't fit the typical mold of a man, or a woman, or whatever. I knew I was a weird outcast by the age of 6 and I had the opportunity to just go out and embrace it and live my best life. Kids are smarter than you give them credit for, they just have difficulty operating on the same playing field as adults due to lack of life experience.

8. No. I think it's unethical and irresponsible to put someone on hormone therapy until they have at least hit puberty, and even then, that's a decision a parent or guardian would have to agree to before allowing that to happen. If they're of age though, they can do what they want to their body.

9. The large part of having suicidal thoughts isn't because someone has gender dysphoria. It's that people with gender dysphoria often feel like outcasts in society, like they have no where they can belong, and if they speak out about their issues, they're ridiculed and targeted. It isn't safe to be transgender in a lot of places, and just because it is socially acceptable in some others, doesn't mean that there isn't going to be a vocal minority saying shit like "I DON'T WANT THAT MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM, I HAVE A DAUGHTER!" like all transgender people are sexual predators or some shit. If you're feeling constantly targeted every day of your life, like you're living with a red x painted on your back, wouldn't you entertain running away from it all, if even for a brief moment?

I'm not trans myself, but I have a few trans friends I talk to about stuff. It's one of those things where you need to expose yourself to other people's lives and see what their lives are like. You don't have to agree with their ideals to understand that most people just want to live free. And I know I've been a real shitty person about transgendered people before I got to know some and realize... wait shit, these aren't weird psychopaths. They're just people struggling to live their lives and it was honestly a humbling experience.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Omerta said:

Razor has pretty much responded to everything I wanted to.

Ill just add it doesn't hurt you in the slightest to respect what other people want to be called. I do believe you have a right not to call them that- I think Canada goes too far to try to enforce that- but others are going to call you for being an asshole if you are intentionally mis-gendering someone. As they should. It costs you absolutely nothing to address someone how they prefer to be addressed.

So you're agreeing there are problems in dealing with the trans community and integrating them into everything ?

As to calling them whatever they yeah sure. I'll call them him/her, their name, and so on. After that though if you come at me with some Zim/Zir shit I'll just ignore you and move on. I'm not participating in that dumb shit. We don't need to speak. And let's be real I'm 6'2" and in shape. The only place someone is "calling me out for being an asshole" is on the internet. People are waaaaaay to chicken shit to stand up for themselves much less other.

Biological men who are trans participating in women’s sports is total bullshit and shouldn’t be allowed. Absolute unfair advantage. And I hear and see more news about these trannies dominating/breaking records in women’s sports. Get that shit the fuck outta here. 

0242476C-105F-4B3F-A02E-13B9F3984089.jpeg

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, RazorStar said:

1. No, and there isn't a clean answer to that, outside of something like a Trans League for those sorts of things. But then you run into the problem of people treating it like a freakshow, or other ethical and political strife.

2. Also no. I really don't have a clean answer to trans athletes in sports which is something that should be discussed.

3. Gender and Sex are different, and if most traits of gender are socially assigned, then it makes sense that ones gender identity may not always match 100% man, or 100% woman. Naturally, one's gender identity may not match their biological sex. 

4. TERF's or FARTs (Feminist Appropriating Reactionary Transphobes) aren't feminists. I mean... not in the technical sense of what feminism is supposed to mean, but we've long since lost the point of what feminism is supposed to mean, just like what being a Good Christian or Good Muslim is supposed to be. It supposed to be about equal rights for all, not equal rights for women. But that's another long story. Point is, a real feminist would fight for trans women's rights all the same.

5. Gender Fluid people would typically like pronouns that work for them. Whether it be They (some people will bitch about grammar, but the english language has always been about beating grammar over the head until it suits our needs), or Xe/ZIm/Zer, whatever. There isn't any sort of one size fits all classification, which probably explains why so many people have issues understanding it, and why there are so many different pronouns out there. Most people you talk to on a daily basis will just give you their preferred pronouns to make it easier. It's kind of like not wanting to be called Matt when your name is Mike.

6. This one requests clarification.

7. Kids at 8 have spent at least four years in a schooling environment, dealing with pseudo people just like them, and have started to develop their traits. I don't think they're at an age to make a conscious decision on whether or not they may be transgendered, but they may be getting to age where they understand that they don't fit the typical mold of a man, or a woman, or whatever. I knew I was a weird outcast by the age of 6 and I had the opportunity to just go out and embrace it and live my best life. Kids are smarter than you give them credit for, they just have difficulty operating on the same playing field as adults due to lack of life experience.

8. No. I think it's unethical and irresponsible to put someone on hormone therapy until they have at least hit puberty, and even then, that's a decision a parent or guardian would have to agree to before allowing that to happen. If they're of age though, they can do what they want to their body.

9. The large part of having suicidal thoughts isn't because someone has gender dysphoria. It's that people with gender dysphoria often feel like outcasts in society, like they have no where they can belong, and if they speak out about their issues, they're ridiculed and targeted. It isn't safe to be transgender in a lot of places, and just because it is socially acceptable in some others, doesn't mean that there isn't going to be a vocal minority saying shit like "I DON'T WANT THAT MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM, I HAVE A DAUGHTER!" like all transgender people are sexual predators or some shit. If you're feeling constantly targeted every day of your life, like you're living with a red x painted on your back, wouldn't you entertain running away from it all, if even for a brief moment?

I'm not trans myself, but I have a few trans friends I talk to about stuff. It's one of those things where you need to expose yourself to other people's lives and see what their lives are like. You don't have to agree with their ideals to understand that most people just want to live free. And I know I've been a real shitty person about transgendered people before I got to know some and realize... wait shit, these aren't weird psychopaths. They're just people struggling to live their lives and it was honestly a humbling experience.

We agree

We agree

I kind of sort of disagree with them being different. Is it one hundred percent accurate, not usually. That said most men who identify that way share a lot of similar traits both physically and mentally. So yeah the 40's and 50's defined a lot of the roles, but a lot of it is true. That is why most mechanical fields are male dominated. And most nurturing professions are dominated by women. They are biological imperatives, that have exceptions and we try to paint those as the rule. They are not.

See I can buy that thing about feminists. Either fight for the rights of all women or none, or shut the fuck up. But being a guy they aren't listening to you.

As far as the pronouns, I'm fine with him/her/they for reasons you said. That said what is a Zim and how do you know you are like them. You don't, you just made it up. I don't buy that.

We agree on the rest except why they committ suicide. I can't tell you why they do. What I can tell you is that one study says that a large portion of trans people that are young that are left alone without transitioning or conversion therapy turn out to just be gay men.

So I don't know man, it's just odd and I'm tired of people pretending that this is just all Willy Nilly easy to answer and if it isn't you're a bigot or some nonsensical dumb shit.

Anyone who is pretending it's easy doesn't really get it. I'm of the mind we should be understanding of different people, but blind acceptance is just as bad as blind intolerance. Use your brains, because if you stop thinking, you're just chattel.

On 11/2/2019 at 2:33 PM, seanbrock said:

this whole me too/cancel culture thing was created by white straight liberal (mostly male) liberals. Focusing on identity turns out to be just about as good a way as conservative bible thumping & deficit hawking to vote against their interests. This is how the war machine is stronger than ever. This is how we continue to destroy the world we live in. This is how banks and the elite continue to rule the world.

I'll say it again lol. This whole gender vs sex argument is a genius way to have everyone at each other's throats.