Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

10 hours ago, seanbrock said:

There was an option. Form a coalition with libertarian minded members of the GOP and explain to the people wtf is going on. It's kind of funny how liberals ALWAYS lose. They wouldn't even be in this position if the squad didn't vote for Pelosi. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach to see the weakness of progressive leadership. Why are they so reluctant to tell the whole truth? If we declared war against the democratic establishment in 2016 instead of trying to make nice with sociopaths then we might have an actual viable movement. 

Right and then the GOP says "The Dems are preventing us from giving money to the people." You have way too high a view of the average person's intelligence. I think basically all of your conspiracy theories are defeated by someone pointing out that the average American voter is pretty ignorant to the goings on of politics.

2 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Even thought the GOP stranglehold on the Senate still gave them leverage... they basically retreated with their tails between their legs and just took their scraps (like oversight of treasury funds, extra funding for the arts, etc). Instead of disrupting the status quo they chose to play along.

In other news... Nationwide poll saw Trump gain 5 points on Joe Biden. Biden still leads by 2% but that's well within the margin of error. Unless he does something really colossally fail, I would set the O/U on Trump winning by 10 points.

I think it depends entirely on COVID19 at this point. If we do a good job social distancing and stuff and keep deaths down as low as possible, he wins after he destroys Biden in the debates. (Man I wish we could have seen Bernie vs Trump at least one time in a debate.)

If COVID19 explodes and kills a million plus people, nothing Trump can say or do will save him. 

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Right and then the GOP says "The Dems are preventing us from giving money to the people." You have way too high a view of the average person's intelligence. I think basically all of your conspiracy theories are defeated by someone pointing out that the average American voter is pretty ignorant to the goings on of politics.

Realistically you would lose, it would pass and when people realized they got nothing and it was a gigantic corporate giveaway. It could form a coalition in a lot of areas with true fiscal conservatives and energize people. Instead we're lulled back to sleep, until the next imminent crisis. I mean at least if you stand for something people might be more willing to believe in you and actually come out and vote. 

Just now, seanbrock said:

Realistically you would lose, it would pass and when people realized they got nothing and it was a gigantic corporate giveaway. It could form a coalition in a lot of areas with true fiscal conservatives and energize people. Instead we're lulled back to sleep, until the next imminent crisis. I mean at least if you stand for something people might be more willing to believe in you and actually come out and vote. 

I mean, except the people didnt get nothing. They get $1200 for each person. That's not nothing.

Dr. Fauci and the CDC have got Trump back on board. Social distancing has been extended to at least April 30th and he concedes that if we did not do so, "some people" say we'd have 2.2 million deaths or more. Glad he's listening to Fauci and not Fox News. 

He is also absolutely correct that if we keep this at 100k or less deaths in the US we will have done a fantastic job containing it. Those would be great numbers, which is of course horrible to consider, but given the horrific scale of this pandemic, 100k deaths only would be a huge victory.

I watch Dr. Mike on youtube. If you don't, I highly encourage you to do so. I did so before this thing started and he's a great guy, but all his stuff recently has been on COVID19. He's fact checked politicians of both parties- he specifically singles out Biden and Trump because he considers them the leaders of their parties. He had an interview with Fauci where he said the real danger is this thing likely scales back or disappears in the summer, only to return in the fall. And that we will have a small window to be ready for that. Something I hadn't really considered as a possibility before.

11 hours ago, Thanatos said:

I mean, except the people didnt get nothing. They get $1200 for each person. That's not nothing.

Lol you right but if there isn't another stimulus bill, i hope you're ready for some Mad Max shit. Question is, how much will "the resistance" help Trump and the banks steal from us with the next one? What's the point of building a movement and gaining political capital if you lack the conviction or the balls to actually leverage it? Sanders still holds the election in his hands. Biden can't win without him. What about Pelosi? Bernie DOMINATED California in the primary with voter fraud and voter suppression working against him. Why doesn't he say to her, "i'll make sure you lose your seat to your primary challenger if you don't push for Medicare for all." He could probably do the same to Schumer in NY where Bernie is from. You're not going yo get anything by just asking nicely and that seems to be Bernie and the Squad's strategy and it's absolutely pathetic and completely ineffective. We need leaders who are willing to declare war. We don't have that. We have cowards who are comfortable with their positions and who like to give meaningless speaches for the cameras after they've already bent the knee. As i said, fucking pathetic.

13 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Lol you right but if there isn't another stimulus bill, i hope you're ready for some Mad Max shit. Question is, how much will "the resistance" help Trump and the banks steal from us with the next one? What's the point of building a movement and gaining political capital if you lack the conviction or the balls to actually leverage it? Sanders still holds the election in his hands. Biden can't win without him. What about Pelosi? Bernie DOMINATED California in the primary with voter fraud and voter suppression working against him. Why doesn't he say to her, "i'll make sure you lose your seat to your primary challenger if you don't push for Medicare for all." He could probably do the same to Schumer in NY where Bernie is from. You're not going yo get anything by just asking nicely and that seems to be Bernie and the Squad's strategy and it's absolutely pathetic and completely ineffective. We need leaders who are willing to declare war. We don't have that. We have cowards who are comfortable with their positions and who like to give meaningless speaches for the cameras after they've already bent the knee. As i said, fucking pathetic.

You believe a bunch of shit without proof. There is no proof of voter fraud or suppression. My counter argument is this: You place entirely too much faith in the average intelligence of any voter, in this case specifically democratic ones. If you really think Bernie has evidence of voter fraud and isn't coming out with it, then you're absolutely right, he's a total moron. People won't vote for this, we've seen it. They like it, they want it, but they aren't ready to risk it. Not yet, at least. 

Trump and the GOP are now using the DNC's Russiagate playbook to try and hide their incompetence in dealing with Covid lol.