Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

^An American darling, for some reason, I think perhaps JFK should be viewed as worse than Trump. I'm not kidding. With all the talk about coercion induced rape...what else would you call it?

• Downvote 1

I would say that probably damn near every president ever has fucked in the white house or gotten topped off on the job and most of them were probably very chauvinistic. I could care less about that and there are a lot of older guys that say shit like that too. Think about how some of us would look if we had to worry about every conversation we've ever had being recorded.

Obama and Jimmy Carter are probably the only presidents that weren't pretty racist to at least an uncomfortable degree for today's standards (Carter is a GA peanut farmer so he might be too) and if you don't think Hillary is/was racist then I don't know what to tell you.

As for his actual policy and stuff before he was actually in the White House, there is an endless list of shit. The guy is very obviously a crook and has been for pretty much his whole life. He screwed thousands of people that were employed by him or had a contract with one of his businesses all while he brags about being a billionaire. He's gutting every environmental protection that we have. His cabinet picks and supreme court picks are horrendous. I could go on. I just wish people and the news would talk about actual substantive shit besides how he's hurting everyone's feewlings.

People crying because he's not "presidential" are silly though. We live in the age of the internet and social media so we know everything about this guy and his opinions (mostly due to him constantly sharing this info) but it's not like the other people over the years running this country were nice guys. JD alluded to it earier. JFK is looked at like a saint by a lot of people but he was kind of a dick. His brother probably would have been better.

#Wynning

While I don't disagree with any of that, it isn't exactly a requirement to personally like or idolize a President. It seems like most Presidents aren't exactly great people.

My favorite and IMO one of the best Presidents ever, JFK, was fucking women left and right... He saw women as an object, a thing to conquer. He had sex with women in the white house, with a wife and his young children at home. He had sex with women his father had slept with.. Actresses, prostitutes, white house interns... Hell, he fucked his own wifes secretary.

That's not to condone or excuse Trump -- but the political system favors the corrupt. Morality isn't a trait Americans look for nor one they get to choose from often.

Thats kind of what I am saying. I am no real fan of the guy, but I mean he is no bigger piece of shit than anyone else really. It is not like he is this monstrous boogeyman. I think JFK was Worse. When you think about the presidents we have had in this country trump is not even in the top half of bad people by todays standards lol.

Sean also hit on it when he said every conversation of his life is recorded. I mean anybody in the world would look bad if every one of their conversations where recorded. Look at mother Theresa who openly voiced her support for the kind of man papa doc was. Tape her life and I am sure the Calcutta Crook was no saint.

I get he is nobody you would want as a best friend but honestly I find him no more morally bankrupt than any president we have had in the last several decades with the exclusion of MAYBE one. He is certainly a better person than Schrilldog imo. I mean when you consider his competition I guess he is not THAT bad. He is probably more crooked than you average American by a mile, but comparatively he isnt a mmonster imo.

I would say that probably damn near every president ever has fucked in the white house or gotten topped off on the job and most of them were probably very chauvinistic. I could care less about that and there are a lot of older guys that say shit like that too. Think about how some of us would look if we had to worry about every conversation we've ever had being recorded.

Obama and Jimmy Carter are probably the only presidents that weren't pretty racist to at least an uncomfortable degree for today's standards (Carter is a GA peanut farmer so he might be too) and if you don't think Hillary is/was racist then I don't know what to tell you.

As for his actual policy and stuff before he was actually in the White House, there is an endless list of shit. The guy is very obviously a crook and has been for pretty much his whole life. He screwed thousands of people that were employed by him or had a contract with one of his businesses all while he brags about being a billionaire. He's gutting every environmental protection that we have. His cabinet picks and supreme court picks are horrendous. I could go on. I just wish people and the news would talk about actual substantive shit besides how he's hurting everyone's feewlings.

People crying because he's not "presidential" are silly though. We live in the age of the internet and social media so we know everything about this guy and his opinions (mostly due to him constantly sharing this info) but it's not like the other people over the years running this country were nice guys. JD alluded to it earier. JFK is looked at like a saint by a lot of people but he was kind of a dick. His brother probably would have been better.

I am biased, because I have done so much reading on him that it's probably borderline psychotic -- but I think JR would have been a historically legendary President. Not saying he was a perfect individual or that he didn't have his vices... But even thinking about this country under JFK Jr brings a bit of a tear to my eye.

While we are (kind of) on the topic -- the DNC has chosen rep. Joe Kennedy (Robert's Grandson, IIRC) to read the rebuttal to Trump's state of the union. He's been a rising star in the party for a few years and he's slowly getting larger and larger responsibilities like this. I would be surprised if we didn't see him run or put his feet in the water here in the next election or two.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Honestly, he would do very well and probably win. He has such name recognition and is apparently willing to play ball with the DNC. I want Tulsi Gabbard or Nina Turner but that will never be allowed to happen.

While I don't disagree with any of that, it isn't exactly a requirement to personally like or idolize a President. It seems like most Presidents aren't exactly great people.

My favorite and IMO one of the best Presidents ever, JFK, was fucking women left and right... He saw women as an object, a thing to conquer. He had sex with women in the white house, with a wife and his young children at home. He had sex with women his father had slept with.. Actresses, prostitutes, white house interns... Hell, he fucked his own wifes secretary.

That's not to condone or excuse Trump -- but the political system favors the corrupt. Morality isn't a trait Americans look for nor one they get to choose from often.

Ngata asked why Trump is a horrible person, I was explaining why he is one. Whether or not you like him wasnt the question asked.

Ngata asked why Trump is a horrible person, I was explaining why he is one. Whether or not you like him wasnt the question asked.

Yeah, and I expanded. Conversations typically evolve over time.

This is why children don't run a country. And I get she went through something horrible, but calling him a price of shit ? Was it worth it ?

"That's why children aren't running this country."

Because they'd want common sense gun control? Because you're right that Trump and his party that is completely bought out by the NRA will never do that.

America is the only 1st world country where school shootings take place on a regular basis. The vast majority- if not all- other first world countries have common sense gun control laws.

Clearly our solution is MORE GUNS. I cannot believe the right's answer to this is to arm the teachers. Right because let's make the teacher target #1 during a shooting. Let's put a gun within the reach of any kid who has a problem, not just those whose parents are dumb enough to let them have access to one.

It's quite hilarious that you think its a problem that she called him a piece of shit. Was it worth it? I doubt she's weighing the pros/cons of calling someone a piece of shit after what she's seen. Also Trump calls people names all the time on his twitter. He comes up with nicknames for people just to cut them down. And yes, you're right, that's a very childish thing to do, but one of these two people is a child and the other one is the President of the United States. The orange chimpanzee getting a taste of his own medicine is just fine by me. Honestly surprised he didn't shoot back with a retort, tbh, Trump is absolutely dumb enough to do something like that.

Edited by Thanatos

I know I'm really close to this shooting and therefore biased, but the reaction I'm witnessing has been unreal. It's been somber, of course, but people are pissed off. People want this to be the end of the line.

And I tell you what, a lot of 18-year-olds are going to be fired up to be voting in the midterm elections this year, and they will NOT be voting Republican.

• Upvote 1

Anyone understand how Russian internet trolls cost Hillary the election yet? I'm starting to think she's gonna run again. Lol

Gun control will NOT stop school shootings not in the conventional sense anyway. These shootings are very common in safe zones or whatever the hell they call them. Democrats arent totally wrong though. I do agree with some... some stricter background checks. This kid in Florida should never have owned a weapon.

Secondly , Republicans arent al wrong either. This kid was extremely sick. And a lot of these shootings are carried out by people on strong psychotropic medications.

The problem is... your have the GOP lobbied by guns VS the Dems who are lobbied by big pharma fighting for turf or ground in the battle.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

I kind of agree with Ngata there. I get the emotional aspect of her argument given her circumstances, but these kind of discussions should be discussed with calm, rational dialogue. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case.

In my opinion, her tweet is subtly manipulative. I doubt her intentions were malicious, but she used her circumstances as a stage for her political views and then used them as an emotional appeal to her audience, which I personally view as dishonest. Everyone does it, myself included, but that's why most people have no business with politics as a career.

Edited by OSUViking

I kind of agree with Ngata there. I get the emotional aspect of her argument given her circumstances, but these kind of discussions should be discussed with calm, rational dialogue. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case.

In my opinion, her tweet is subtly manipulative. I doubt her intentions were malicious, but she used her circumstances as a stage for her political views and then used them as an emotional appeal to her audience, which I personally view as dishonest. Everyone does it, myself included, but that's why most people have no business with politics as a career.

Congratulations, you have literally described the MO of both political parties.

And again, this is a child. Who just had 17 of her friends die while running for her life from a murderer. Calm and rational reasoning is not something I'd expect from someone who went through that.

Gun control will NOT stop school shootings not in the conventional sense anyway. These shootings are very common in safe zones or whatever the hell they call them. Democrats arent totally wrong though. I do agree with some... some stricter background checks. This kid in Florida should never have owned a weapon.

Do you have any evidence it won't stop school shootings? As far as I am aware, the US is the only 1st world country on the planet to have this problem. And the other countries that don't, also have gun control.

Also the idea that "big pharma" somehow has a stake in the gun control fight because they want to sell more psychotropic medication sounds like a conspiracy theory straight off of a naturopathy website.

Edited by Thanatos

Congratulations, you have literally described the MO of both political parties.

And again, this is a child. Who just had 17 of her friends die while running for her life from a murderer. Calm and rational reasoning is not something I'd expect from someone who went through that.

Hence why I have disengaged from politics outside of TGP, really.

I know she is 17, which is why I said I can objectively understand why she is saying that. Doesn't mean it makes her argument anymore compelling.

https://psychiatryonline.org/doi/pdf/10.5555/appi.books.9781615371099

Let me know if that link doesn't work, it's a PDF.

Even if a shooter has a mental illness, it's unlikely that is the causative factor. Even with the severe mental illnesses associated with statistically significant predispositions to violence (itself an ambiguous term), the circumstances behind violence still come down to the individual and are much more complex than one factor (though the statistical significance indicates that if violence is already an issue, then such conditions will likely exacerbate it).

I have not read a lot into this. Call me an asshole, I don't really care all that much. It's the same dialogue every time. I heard that he had a history of aggression, or perhaps domestic violence with partners. To me that points to toxic home life. I know I go there a lot, but so much behavior is determined by a child's attachment to their parent and how the parent foster's the child's emotional maturity. Even still, there is an entire lifetime of experiences behind the guy who did this. Consider that for a moment. No one is so simple that a single factor determines their behavior.

This guy had a horrible home life, dad died awhile back, foster mom died a few months ago, another foster family tried to help him but he was just too far gone. But they knew he had a gun, and he absolutely should not have had one.

Hence why I have disengaged from politics outside of TGP, really.

I know she is 17, which is why I said I can objectively understand why she is saying that. Doesn't mean it makes her argument anymore compelling.

It is though.

She's mad. She has a right to be mad. In fact, she IS right to be mad. We have had school shooting after school shooting and done nothing but talk while yet more school shootings happen. Do something. Start trying things.

"Thoughts and prayers" isn't enough anymore.

Edited by Thanatos

I'm kind of torn on gun control. I think the culture of the US versus places where gun control has been implemented and worked should be taken into account first of all but I also think that it means it wouldn't work here per say either. Having said that, I don't think that banning guns or any type of gun control laws do enough to solve the problem that we have with this shootings. First off, idk if any of you read that Vice story about the FBI trying to convince somebody to commit an act of terror on US soil and arresting and jailing him after he lost his nerve but just nothing would surprise me at this point. I think there are mental health elements here that need to be looked at. In the United States we either drug our mentally ill or put them in prison. I think there are a lot of sociological factors that contribute to this stuff that also have to be examined.

I think we should all have an open mind for this stuff going in and make an honest effort on both sides to actually solve the problem but the problem is that neither side is likely willing to give any ground or listen to reason. I'm thinking that if you have a diagnosed mental illness at this point you should not be allowed to have a gun and I also think it should be required to be evaluated before you purchase a gun and go through the process of being licensed. I think everyone should have to take some sort of gun safety test before they get their first gun so they know how to operate their fire arm and I also believe that there should be limits on how crazy your guns should be. I don't know shit about guns so I would leave that to others but if you're a gun person and you're not on board with this stuff then idk man. I think it would be a good start but we have to examine everything when it comes to this issue and not just make reactionary legislation.

It is though.

She's mad. She has a right to be mad. In fact, she IS right to be mad. We have had school shooting after school shooting and done nothing but talk while yet more school shootings happen. Do something. Start trying things.

"Thoughts and prayers" isn't enough anymore.

I'll clarify, it's not compelling to me. She says her friends died and then states that something will fix it. That's not an argument. That is stating she experienced a tragedy (she did) and that something WILL fix it. Well, the situation is more complex than just gun control. To be clear, I'm not arguing against gun control, though I'm not arguing for it here. Merely stating that her experiences don't get her omniscience.

Let me know if that link doesn't work, it's a PDF.

Even if a shooter has a mental illness, it's unlikely that is the causative factor. Even with the severe mental illnesses associated with statistically significant predispositions to violence (itself an ambiguous term), the circumstances behind violence still come down to the individual and are much more complex than one factor (though the statistical significance indicates that if violence is already an issue, then such conditions will likely exacerbate it).

I have not read a lot into this. Call me an asshole, I don't really care all that much. It's the same dialogue every time. I heard that he had a history of aggression, or perhaps domestic violence with partners. To me that points to toxic home life. I know I go there a lot, but so much behavior is determined by a child's attachment to their parent and how the parent foster's the child's emotional maturity. Even still, there is an entire lifetime of experiences behind the guy who did this. Consider that for a moment. No one is so simple that a single factor determines their behavior.

I will read your link at home (just on a 15 minute break from work right now) . So if this response is a little off base or topic, my apologies l.

I think causation is a very complex thing. Heck, me choosing to go to Olive Garden for dinner has a lot of underlying complexities. And everyone is different so, what or why I do something is completely different compared to someone else. I get that so I am not sitting here saying oh ya, this guy had mental problems , thats definitely the only reason he did this .

Not at all. But I am also not going to sit here and say it had no impact. When you are posting online how you want to kill people, how you want to be famous for murdering kids at schools , and then take strong mind altering medication (which also effects people on different ways), I cant sit here and say that had no impact.

I discussed this with someone else as well and they shared a study with me that said typically people with mental health issues are more likely to be victims than they are perpetrators ... and I dont discredit that study at all or the conclusion that they came to.

But to saying typically means your (the other guy I was talking to) study is inherently not including everyone and thats understandable considering itd be impossible.

Just because its more typical for mental health sufferers to be a victim , doesnt mean they are all inherently victims. An unrelated example... I think its safe to say that typically men are stronger than women. However due to people chemical makeup , dna , etc etc ... we cant honestly say that every man is stronger than every woman that just wouldnt be accurate.

Long story short. Causation is quite complex and Im not going to pretend like I begin to know where to begin with all the things that could have or may have gone wrong to this kid who honestly... I feel bad for.

This.

And I won't pretend to know all that much about mental illness and I will agree it is more than likely an exacerbating factor but you still have to act on your thoughts and that is a decision you, individually control, at least most of the time. This guy planned to do this for at least a year from what I have read into it, so you can't really say he got a crazy impulse. To me, you can't really blame mental illness and just because he had a rough life doesn't excuse him from the logic of morals. He knew what he was doing.

Here is the question: guns haven't changed over the years....so why are school shootings exponentially up this generation? Why is it a thing?

Personally, I think it is a combination of media attention and weakness. But there is no going back now.

I am definitely anti-gun control but the beauty of the US is that we can find the right balance and improve things on guns while still allowing people to have their guns. I have been for common sense gun control since Obama really sported it in his last year. The devil is truly in the details here but there is no question some people should be flagged and unable to acquire guns.

And maybe I am crazy, but why not harsher, even brutal, punishment for people like this?