Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

(Anecdotal in my case)

Almost every older person I know voted for Trump. How ironic.

Yeah most did and they can suffer for it, but that's definitely not everyone. My grandparents in their 80s are virulently anti-trump.

That is one thing I stress too young people all the time when I can. Invest in you. Even if it is 50 cents put SOMETHING away and diversify investments.

• Upvote 2

https://twitter.com/philiprucker/status/1009478455535308800

After days of insisting that this was both not a policy caused by him, and also something he was unable to stop, and also not happening, great work mr president.

Edit: never mind. I got played.

https://twitter.com/joshuamanning23/status/1009482831519629312

Edited by blotsfan

Ok, can we all agree that we'd like to see ooooonnnnee more mass shooter in Washington DC. Hard to get some of these congressmen in the same room as Sessions. Maybe if we held a fake KKK rally? I'm just brain storming lol

Mass shooter or another gun that goes on a rampage lol. I do love the sentiment though.

Ok, can we all agree that we'd like to see ooooonnnnee more mass shooter in Washington DC. Hard to get some of these congressmen in the same room as Sessions. Maybe if we held a fake KKK rally? I'm just brain storming lol

Uhhhhhhhhhh....

https://twitter.com/ABC7MichelleM/status/1009550619093454848?s=07

Edit: Link since it didnt show

https://twitter.com/ABC7MichelleM/status/1009550619093454848

Edited by blotsfan

How about this, most of the refugee and immigration crisis around the world are caused by the US bombing and destroying their country or years of supporting coups to overthrow governments and economic policy that keeps them poor so we can steal their labor and their resources for nothing. This is kind of a problem we're obligated to handle morally imo. Don't let these peiece of shit politicians trick you into thinking they give a fuck. Like I said, both sides are are using these PEOPLE as political capital and it's fucking disgusting. It's not hard to figure out

You're 100% right that most refugee crisises are at least partially caused by the US and the west, but even if your cynicism is accurate, I'd still prefer the people doing the right thing for self-serving reasons than the people doing the wrong thing for those reasons. If your child was taken from you and abused in a government center, you don't really care why someone frees him for you, just that they do.

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

I agree but when do you hear people talk about what actually caused this problem and start talking about real solutions? When do you hear people say "hey maybe it was a bad idea to make our elections for sale. We should fix that"? Instead of that we hear idiots scream at the top of their lungs about Russia as if no politician but Trump would take money from foreign powers lolplz. Look at every issue that's talked about and it's covered in the same way. They just try and misdirect people from the truth and what the problems actually are and how to actually solve them. I refuse to go along with it.

Let's not forget that lots of Dems are connected with private, for profit prisons too. I wonder how much they're REALLY going to fight for these people.

Edited by seanbrock

I agree but when do you hear people talk about what actually caused this problem and start talking about real solutions? When do you hear people say "hey maybe it was a bad idea to make our elections for sale. We should fix that"? Instead of that we hear idiots scream at the top of their lungs about Russia as if no politician but Trump would take money from foreign powers lolplz. Look at every issue that's talked about and it's covered in the same way. They just try and misdirect people from the truth and what the problems actually are and how to actually solve them. I refuse to go along with it.

Let's not forget that lots of Dems are connected with private, for profit prisons too. I wonder how much they're REALLY going to fight for these people.

The democrats have railed against citizens united since the moment it happened.

Obama also ended the use of for-profit prisons. Sessions reversed this of course, but that's not the Dems fault.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/obama-administration-end-use-private-prisons

Democrats have TALKED about how bad it is while they take billions from the same donors as the Republicans :yao:

Ironically, Obama is a perfect example of exactly that. Lol

Edited by seanbrock

The DNC is no longer taking donations from oil companies.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/391933-dnc-to-reject-fossil-fuel-company-donations

For-profit prisons give overwhelmingly to republicans, with the gap only growing.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industries./indus.php?ind=G7000

The NRA...need I say more about them?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/mar/07/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-set-new-wall-street-f/

Kamala Harris, the new rising star of the DNC is DEEPLY tied to private prisons ha

Also, I wonder if the Dems REALLLLLLY stopped taking oil donations. I'm skeptical that they didn't leave themselves a back channel. We shall see.

I mean, the point of that was that while obama took money from Wall Street, he still passed incredibly strict regulations on it (which trump has repealed btw).

You always assume the worst of democrats, and the best of republicans. You're so worried someone might secretly screw you, that you'd vote for someone that will openly and proudly screw you worse. Are you still glad you voted for trump now that you know he set up concentration camps for children?

You cannot be serious with that first part can you? There's no way that you can actually believe that right?

As for the second part. I know what Republicans are and that they're in direct opposition to me on almost every issue. I voted for Trump because they Democrats cannot be allowed to win by pushing the party further right. If that happens, where do we go from there? We need a legitimate liberal force in this country or we will continue to get fucked. At some point you have to say no. Idk maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell.

The banks sure pushed to get Dodd frank removed. They clearly thought it was something.

Hillary ran on the most liberal platform in the history of the party (as a presidential nominee). Bernie has pushed the party left and its continuing to go left (which is a good thing). You still voted for the guy who set up concentration camps for children, and made it clear that's what he wanted to do. As long as you can live with that, ok. Please thank them for their sacrifices that you signed them up to make for you.

Hillary didn't even support gay marriage until like 5 years ago when it was convenient for her. She is / was no liberal champion. lol. Obviously Trump is bad, but I don't think anyone should be ashamed for picking Trump over Hillary -- even now. Her presidency wouldn't have been good.

Trump has literally set up concentration camps for the purposes of taking children from their parents. Many of them will literally never see their parents again.

Ok thought experiment since kidnapping children isn't bad enough:

What would it take for you guys to think that voting for trump over Hillary was a mistake? Since this clearly isn't enough, what is it? Suspending elections? Jailing all democrats? Pushing for stricter restrictions on weed for white people? Nuclear anihilation? Is there even anything?

Having a conservative in office maquarading as a Democrat is a serious problem because the only way they get attacked is for not being conservative enough. The same people who are fighting Trump with everything they have would be defending Hillary with everything they have no matter what she did. Hillary Clinton being the leader of the DNC puts liberals to sleep and kills the movement a lot more than Trump who actually helps the movement I'm just by being him.

Again, I could he wrong idk.

Having a conservative in office maquarading as a Democrat is a serious problem because the only way they get attacked is for not being conservative enough. The same people who are fighting Trump with everything they have would be defending Hillary with everything they have no matter what she did. Hillary Clinton being the leader of the DNC puts liberals to sleep and kills the movement a lot more than Trump who actually helps the movement I'm just by being him.

Again, I could he wrong idk.

Maybe you're right. We have kids that will be permanently orphaned by the government for no reason other than that trump hates brown people.

Maybe you're right. We have kids that will be permanently orphaned by the government for no reason other than that trump hates brown people.

How many more millions will continue to be orphaned and/or killed if we continue to elect the same people and refuse to stop this endless cycle? It will never end while people like Schumer, Pelosi and Clinton are leading the "resistance."

There are also millions of kids and young people that have come together against Trump's agenda and policy. Trump has removed the veil. He's tactless and sloppy. He strengthens our movement by continuing to shoot himself AND the GOP in the foot.

Edited by seanbrock

Comparing the democrat platform from 2012 to 2016, that progression left was clearly already happening.

Chuck Schumer is pro-legalization of weed with emphasis on helping black people who have been disproportionately hurt by the country's weed laws and you're still correct in calling him on the more conservative side of the party. If that doesn't show a major shift then I dunno what does.

And one more thing re: Hillary and gay marriage since facts mentioned it: She is not anti-gay marriage and just came out in favor of it for political reasons. She was for it years before she publicly admitted it and didn't out of fear of political consequences. Obviously you'd rather that she did the right thing earlier, politics be damned, but I want that to be cleared up.

Edited by blotsfan

The same people who are fighting Trump with everything they have would be defending Hillary with everything they have no matter what she did.

No way...I mean, that would be....

It's true though liberals are mad they lost, period. Just like how pubs were mad when Obama won. This country was probably equally fucked either way. We need to go the way of Maine for any real change IMO.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1