Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

If there's even a possibility that this guy is guilty it should be investigated. What if it's true? If it isn't Kavanaugh could sue. He's probably getting nominated regardless of whether he's a rapist though. Bill Clinton was president after multiple rape accusations. I know Trump is connected with Epstein and it's pretty clear he wants to fuck his own daughter. These things aren't really an obstacle to moving up the latter politically. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Sounds like he'd fit right in... This is exactly how Congress already operates. 

I'm not even saying its not, its absolutely ridiculous though. We did it with Obamacare, we did it with Trumpcare, and we're doing it with Kavanaugh. Give the people at least SOME damn time to read the papers, or stop holding these farces of hearings in the first place.

Also BWare, as far as the court not being too liberal, if Kavanaugh is confirmed its a solid 5-4 majority for conservatives. It's better that it be 4-4 with 1 moderate. But the GOP's continued insistence that any sexual assault allegations are made up if they're made against them is putting a huge black mark on them. It looks like they don't even care about the truth or anything close to it, just getting more GOPers in Congress/SC. First it was Roy Moore, now its Kavanaugh- not anywhere close to Roy, ofc- but still, the out of hand dismissal of documented sexual assault is worrisome.

I know you live in a world where false rape accusations happen a lot, but that's simply not reality. It's less than 1%. She talked with people about it six years ago. As far as waiting as long as she did, until you yourself have been the victim of something close to that, (and I hope to God you never are), perhaps don't judge how long it takes the survivors to come forward with their story. 

A long-time friend of mine opened up to me last week that his dad- someone I happen to know and respect, at least before last week- sexually abused him when he was a child, (He's 29 at the moment, this was almost 20 years ago now). I still don't know how to take it, nor how to reconcile a man who I only know as a military vet that has never been anything but honorable and respectful with this account of him by another man whom I absolutely believe is telling the truth.

The amount of time it takes someone to tell their story does not do anything to the veracity of their tale.

Edited by Thanatos

Less than 1% are PROVEN false. That doesn't mean 99% of accusations have merit. It's equally as hard to prove a false accusation as it is a sexual assault.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Less than 1% are PROVEN false. That doesn't mean 99% of accusations have merit. It's equally as hard to prove a false accusation as it is a sexual assault.

So why did she make up this accusation in 2012 that she had no interest in making public until he was going to be named to the Supreme Court?

2 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Let me put it to you like this. How many girls do you know that have been molested or raped or somebody attempted to do something to them? How many guys do you know that have been accused of rape? I know for me personally just dating and shit, women get abused a lot more than I thought and probably a lot more than you think. On the flip side. I don't think I know anyone that has ever been accused of rape. Not to my knowledge anyway. Not saying that it doesn't happen or that it's not one of the most fucked up things someone can do but I just don't think it happens that much compared to women who are abused. I'm with, Than and blots on this one.

Edited by seanbrock

Also to be clear, even if the rape accusations are 100% fake (which seems incredibly unlikely), he still has 0 business being on the Supreme Court.

• Upvote 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hotnewhiphop.com/fox-news-slammed-for-smear-campaign-against-black-man-murdered-in-his-own-home-news.59756.html%3f_amp

Not saying this represents all conservatives but this is Republican policy at this point. Not just rhetoric. If you're a reasonable conservative idk how you can continue to vote with the GOP. It's time for an Exodus from the GOP like we saw from the DNC.

14 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hotnewhiphop.com/fox-news-slammed-for-smear-campaign-against-black-man-murdered-in-his-own-home-news.59756.html%3f_amp

Not saying this represents all conservatives but this is Republican policy at this point. Not just rhetoric. If you're a reasonable conservative idk how you can continue to vote with the GOP. It's time for an Exodus from the GOP like we saw from the DNC.

I hate Fox News as much as the next guy, but this is not a smear campaign. It's an unfortunate reality that the news media rushes as fast as they can to post new news without even thinking it through first. If you read anything on Fox about this case, as far as I am aware, they have roundly condemned the officer.

Now, if your argument was whoever is doing the investigating- I believe the Dallas Police Department and the Texas Rangers- is trying to find evidence to smear Botham, you would be absolutely correct.

I do agree I do not know how any reasonable conservative continues to vote with the GOP, because the GOP no longer exists its the Party of Trump now.

Edited by Thanatos

50 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Let me put it to you like this. How many girls do you know that have been molested or raped or somebody attempted to do something to them? How many guys do you know that have been accused of rape? I know for me personally just dating and shit, women get abused a lot more than I thought and probably a lot more than you think. On the flip side. I don't think I know anyone that has ever been accused of rape. Not to my knowledge anyway. Not saying that it doesn't happen or that it's not one of the most fucked up things someone can do but I just don't think it happens that much compared to women who are abused. I'm with, Than and blots on this one.

I think that's a fair assessment, I can see both sides to this to be honest. I am with everyone in the sense that I don't think false rape accusations happen all that often, but they do happen. As it pertains to this case, honestly who knows. For both of those people who are coming out and just saying he's a flat-out rapist without any kind of proof, or just as dumb as the people who are automatically saying this woman is lying. The man gets of the presumption of innocence in this case, because that's how the legal system should work. I am all for this being investigated, and if it comes out to be true then throw him in jail.

I don't know many men who have been accused of rape, except for the angry parents of the girl my brother was dating at the time. My brother was 16, and she was 15 and they tried to say he was a rapist. They have been together since they were in junior high, and as soon as the dad found out that his perfect little girl wasn't having sex they tried to hit him with rape charges. I'll thankfully Romeo and Juliet laws protect young children from this kind of thing, and I also realize that this is a completely separate kind of scenario. I only mention that to say, when it comes to false rape accusations, there is a lot more that goes into it than just a woman lying. I think when were trying to dissect what is actually rape, and who is lying then it's an extremely complex issue to try to chunk out to get to the truth.

I am not a fan of the guy, and if he doesn't get appointed to the Supreme Court you won't see me crying about it. That being said, if he doesn't, I actually fear that might put up next. If the Trump Administration has taught me anything it's that the devil that you do know might actually be better than the devil you don't. Looking at Trump and Mike Pence. I would rather have Trump than Mike Pence, and that says a lot considering my feelings for Donald Trump.

if this guy doesn't get confirmed, I have no doubt we're just going to go through the same old run-of-the-mill process where some Uber conservative gets appointed, who has a shady past as well. I don't say this to say that I hope he gets confirmed, I'm just pointing out that the guy that will likely be nominated after him could very well be worse. Now that is no reason to confirm the guy, I hope they actually pick a decent candidate, but you can tell by what they're trying to do that they want a young over conservative so that way they can shift the balance of power of the bench for the foreseeable future.

To bring it back. Go to the false rape allegations, I would like to think that most people are better than that, but they do happen. I agree with Bware and the sun's that the timing is always suspicious when it comes out years after the fact. That doesn't mean you can outright dismiss it, but it does seem awfully hard that it wasn't a big deal at the time, or at least not a big enough deal to press charges on a sitting judge, but now that he could be appointed to the Supreme Court you want to say something? It just seems odd to me, I'm not saying she wasn't raped, but I would definitely like to see an investigation done because there's a lot about this case that seems suspicious.

Claiming that it coming out years after the fact somehow affects the truthfulness of it is staggeringly ignorant of what rape survivors go through and how long it takes people to come to terms with it. It has zero bearing. 

Also no one in here is claiming that he's guilty either, no idea who the "both of them" that you're referring to are.

Absolutely he should. Everyone in Congress should honestly.

• Upvote 2

Maybe you guys brought this up already but Kavanaugh’s accusers lawyer vice chairs a group made to oppose Kavanaugh.... funded by George Soros. 

Rofl . 

Not saying that makes the accusations untrue, but that’s a hell of a coincidence. 

Never really liked him though. When the list of Trumps final four was released, I thought he was the long shot in the group. Was surprised when his name came across the wire. 

It's fucking hilarious that the GOP is made about the Dems delaying the nomination when they stonewalled Merrick Garland for a year for absolutely no reason at all.

Mitch McConnell is absolutely the biggest fucking hypocrite in the Senate lol.

13 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Maybe you guys brought this up already but Kavanaugh’s accusers lawyer vice chairs a group made to oppose Kavanaugh.... funded by George Soros. 

Rofl . 

Not saying that makes the accusations untrue, but that’s a hell of a coincidence. 

Never really liked him though. When the list of Trumps final four was released, I thought he was the long shot in the group. Was surprised when his name came across the wire. 

And the plot thickens. See when you hear things like this, how are we supposed to just take this accusation at face value? As you alluded to, it doesn't make the allegations untrue, it just makes them damn hard to believe without any evidence.

I was thinking more about an investigation, and this far after the fact how would you prove something like rape? I mean wouldn't it boiled down to her word against his? How Could You convicted him on something like that? It doesn't mean you didn't do it, it just means you couldn't prove it. and if that's the case, given his presumption of innocence afforded to him by the court system, it will be damn hard to prove.

all so much like you said, I was never a fan of his anyway so if he doesn't get confirmed it doesn't bother me one way or the other. I never like that bastard anyway. I just think that given the timing, and the circumstances that we know of at this moment, it's starting to look even more suspicious. Again, not saying the allegations are unfounded or not true, and I would still like to see an investigation, even as fruitless as it may be. we're going to have to wait till all the facts about this or out on the table before we have any real understanding of what may or may not have transpired.

Does it not seem fishy to anyone else that she's not even sure what year it was or where it actually occurred? I mean, come on...

Fuck off with the George Soros conspiracy bullshit. That's just antisemitism for people that understand that open antisemitism makes you look bad. 

And I have yet to hear an explanation for why she'd tell her therapist about it 6 years ago. What does she gain by making that up?

And fuck "presumption of innocence." This isn't about whether or not he says going to jail. It seems about the privilege of getting a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.  

22 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

Fuck off with the George Soros conspiracy bullshit. That's just antisemitism for people that understand that open antisemitism makes you look bad. 

And I have yet to hear an explanation for why she'd tell her therapist about it 6 years ago. What does she gain by making that up?

And fuck "presumption of innocence." This isn't about whether or not he says going to jail. It seems about the privilege of getting a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.  

I don't think it's so much about him being Jewish, as he is a prominent and huge benefactor to Liberal causes.

and I think the presumption of innocence is absolutely necessary, because if she is indeed telling the truth, then he needs to go to jail for it. If we're going to issue the presumption of innocence then really what we're saying is this is just an allegation with no foundation and Truth , and if that's the case what are we talking about? If we forego due process, then we're just opening people up to be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, which is about the least Democratic way to do it.

the dude is plenty bad enough on his own merits, he doesn't need a rape allegation that could be true or false to bring him down. I think one of the problems that has a huge underpinning to this, is that the veracity of this story will Loom large in the media, and that's directly affect his appointment. If it turns out she's not telling the truth, then it's going to provide plenty of ammunition two people to say that the Liberals are doing everything they can, up to and including deliberately lying. If it turns out that she is telling the truth and we absolutely need to process, because he needs to be tried in a court of law for his crimes.

35 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

Your entire political philosophy is based on false equivalences designed to make the other person look as bad as possible.

She told her therapist that there were 4 boys in the room, not 2, and didn't name him. There's nothing to address.

There are lots of big liberal donors. There's a reason it's always Soros. 

And again, the standards for jail are different than being named to the Supreme Court. 

6 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

And again, the standards for jail are different than being named to the Supreme Court. 

And with no proof and not even a credible accusation, this can't affect whether or not he gets confirmed.

12 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

He should go to jail if it's true though right ?

8 minutes ago, Omerta said:

He should go to jail if it's true though right ?

Of course. I'm not naive enough to think that'll happen though. 

Stormy Daniels says Trump's penis looks like Toad from Mario Kart, and he has Yeti pubes. 

So, there's that. :yao:

2 minutes ago, blotsfan said:

Of course. I'm not naive enough to think that'll happen though. 

So then if the truth matters we should find out the veracity of the story no? Of what she says is not true than what are we discussing? He is a bad guy for sure but I think saying the facts of an incident which he is accused is insane.