Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

8 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

My issue wasn't with Ford being unverified. I just find her accusation truly unbelievable 

Based on what, exactly?

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Based on what, exactly?

That she's not even sure which year it was, whose house it was at, and that her therapist's notes have major contradictions to what she's saying now.

Under no circumstances could her accusation result in charges in a court of law. There's zero evidence, and no means of gathering evidence. Come on, dude. Bad nomination or not--there's nothing here. Her and him testifying is pointless. A waste of time and money.

29 minutes ago, BwareDWare94 said:

That she's not even sure which year it was, whose house it was at, and that her therapist's notes have major contradictions to what she's saying now.

Under no circumstances could her accusation result in charges in a court of law. There's zero evidence, and no means of gathering evidence. Come on, dude. Bad nomination or not--there's nothing here. Her and him testifying is pointless. A waste of time and money.

I'm sure you have perfect memory of an event that occurred 36 years ago and which you have endeavored by every means necessary to blot out from your memory. Your position is incredibly ignorant to what sexual assault survivors go through. 

Also we're not suggesting he go to jail for 36 year old accusations, because there is no way to convict beyond a reasonable doubt with that much time inbetween, but it can- and IMO absolutely does- disqualify him from serving on the SC.

Oh yeah, and the now 3 other women who have come forward saying similar things happened to them. Are all four of them making it up? Are you really that naive? This is Roy Moore all over again, and the GOP is absolutely disgraceful for continuing to support a man who is almost certainly a sexual predator. And what is more, seeming to want to install him without even having an actual investigation into multiple sexual assault claims. 

The GOP is totally and completely tone-deaf on this.

Orrin Hatch said even if the allegations were true, it doesn't matter because Kavanaugh is a good man now.

Dana Rohrabacher said it happened in high school, give me a break.

McConnell has guaranteed Kavanaugh will be confirmed.

Lindsey Graham said he's not going to "ruin Kavanaugh's life over this" and will vote to confirm him unless there's something new.

And Ralph Norman made a joke about Ruth Bader Ginsburg being groped by Abraham Lincoln.

The GOP is the party of old white guys and they don't have a fucking clue how to handle this because the vast majority of their sitting congressmen are misogynistic pricks who don't realize the country is turning against them.

I fucking dare the GOP to confirm Kavanaugh at this point. You think its a blue wave now, it will be a blue tsunami if that happens.

Edited by Thanatos

Let's hear their accusations. I've heard nothing about 3 other women 

Really? Wow. The 4th one is still very new, and details are still coming out about it. But there are for sure 3 women and possibly 4 that have now accused this man of sexual misconduct. The SC is a lifetime appointment and the shadow this casts on his character absolutely disqualifies him from serving on it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/24/brett-kavanaugh-deborah-ramirez-what-we-know/1408056002/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/24/brett-kavanaugh-third-woman-expected-to-make-accusations-of-sexual-misconduct

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/3kek75/another-kavanaugh-accuser-is-taking-to-maryland-authorities

I don't understand why he doesn't just step down or withdraw or whatever you call it. To be fair, I haven't read the other allegations yet... but there has to be a point where as Trump you're like.. " I tried ". This guy was obviously the worst of the Final 4 he had pegged, he (Trump) tried getting away with it.... Move on. Let's fill that seat with a not total piece of garbage.

I just love how the GOP keeps screaming about ruining his life. If he isn't confirmed, he goes back to his former position as a circuit court judge where he is paid hundreds of thousands a year. No one is going to ruin his life over this merely because he isn't confirmed to the SC.

Yeah I’ve seen some of those lol. Maybe they are just afraid to defy Trump, but idk why Republicans don’t just tell Kavanaugh to walk away. The replacement is still going to be a mega conservative. And they could get some brownie points maybe for not being total dicks. 

And if a bunch of them stand up to him, they have even more power. What’s Trump gonna do — get on Twitter after midnight? 

• Upvote 1

Sorry, but I certainly don't believe that Brett Kavanaugh attempted to facilitate a gang rape--that one certainly sounds fake, and Stormy Daniels' lawyer isn't exactly known for not using hyperbole. That being said, I'm open to everything else.

• Downvote 1

Avenatti is a camera whore but I can't think of a time he's been caught lying. Without credibility he won't get any airtime. 

Given that kavanaugh's new defense is that he was a virgin, which is pretty obviously not true, I'm not sure why he deserves the benefit don the doubt for anything. Not to mention the numerous other lies he told before all of these allegations. He 100% shouldn't be confirmed. 

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, when Dr. Ford came out and she said there were all these witnesses that then came out and said they don't remember it or it didn't happen that way... I could have bought that it was "fake" or... mis-remembering or whatever. But when you have 4 different allegations... It's just too much man. 

Not saying this is the case... But EVEN IF... all of the allegations were fake or whatever, "the damage is done" so to speak. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. 

Those things are out there, and lingering thoughts about the validity of these women or women who may come forward in the future are going to hang out there forever. 

Just no. He needs to withdraw -- and the sooner the better. 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

What are the Vegas odds that he gets confirmed? I say he gets confirmed personally. Anyone interested in a sig bet? Lol

Edited by seanbrock

I am already wearing your sig... lol. But I wouldn't doubt it. We will see what comes of the hearing on... Thursday? If they literally tear down Dr. Ford in front of the committee, I could see them playing off the other allegations more easily and vote to confirm him the next day.

I know I'm never supposed to be optimistic, but I actually feel like he's not going to get to a vote. He's pretty unpopular even among republicans, and I think all the republicans running for reelection don't want that vote on their records.

I think they are building to that.. I have NO IDEA if it's true but I've been seeing a bunch of "Kavanaugh helped build the Patriot Act" memes/posts... Again, haven't researched it but those are the kind of things out there being spread by conservative friends and like Facebook pages and things. 

42299129_2224054834332285_79939912195018

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

19 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Sorry, but I certainly don't believe that Brett Kavanaugh attempted to facilitate a gang rape--that one certainly sounds fake, and Stormy Daniels' lawyer isn't exactly known for not using hyperbole. That being said, I'm open to everything else.

And once again, you dismiss something with zero reason to do so. Why do you think he couldn't do that? Because he seems like a nice guy? You don't know the guy- nor do I- so dismissing something out of hand is stupid. Criminals don't always look or act like criminals. I'm not saying he did do it, mind you, I'm just not dismissing it out of hand.

And Avenatti has not been caught in a lie. If he had Fox News would be all over it. He's generally a well-respected lawyer.

The parts of Ford's hearing that I watched were disgusting and it seems like the rest of it was the same. Notable corroborating evidence of the question about what year it was:

What's disgusting about it exactly? I did miss some portions so, wondering if it falls into one of those.

They're interrogating her like she's the one up for confirmation. The republican senators hired a prosecutor to grill her because they don't have the balls to do I think themselves. Combine  that with the fact that they refuse to do an investigation or even call mark judge to testify and it's awful. They all knew about these allegations long beforehand and Could've easily avoided all this. 

Ehhhh, if Republican senators who are all men did the questioning you (and the Democratic ranking members) would have destroyed them for being all out of touch men who don't understand her. 

I understand the qualms with having a prosecutor doing the questioning, but at the same time, I think she did a very good and FAIR job. She was, at least from what I saw, was very kind.

The committee chairman (republican) thanked Dr. Ford for coming forward and for her bravery... That's not something you do to be mean or infer that she is lying. 

It seems to me like she won over or at least eased the minds of a lot of Republicans to "her side". Even Lindsey Graham who is a massive chode sounds like he believes her (even though he is still blaming the counsel and people behind Ford for having an agenda).

Democrats using their time to get on a pulpit was probably the most disgusting thing I saw today (again, I did miss a portion of it). And I agree they should talk to Judge and the others claimed by Ford to be present. 

3 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

It seems to me like she won over or at least eased the minds of a lot of Republicans to "her side". Even Lindsey Graham who is a massive chode sounds like he believes her (even though he is still blaming the counsel and people behind Ford for having an agenda).

The prosecutor basically finished by saying that having her was stupid. 

And about Lindsay Graham...

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/1045360677408395264?s=07

Edited by blotsfan

Mmkay, I change my mind and that's the most disgusting thing from today. I didn't see that. Again, dude is a chode. I don't like him. 

And that's what I am saying about the prosecutor. It didn't make sense, to do it that way... But the sitting Republicans would have been shit on no matter what they did -- as far as questioning her directly or going through someone else. 

In that same concluding statement though by Ms. Mitchell, I think she made a great point. She has a background in these cases and has studies to show that the best way to go about something like this is a one on one interview with a trained professional. Republicans could've asked for that... they didn't. Democrats chose to leak her letter which Dr. Ford said she assumed would stay confidential to push this agenda and get her here to straight up end Kavanaugh (which isn't the worst motive, dude is a loser). Regardless of the rhetoric, I don't think really anyone has Dr. Ford's intentions at the forefront. 

If I was Trump, I would be telling Kavanaugh to shove it today. Get Judge Amy Coney Barrett on the phone pronto. 

1 minute ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

And that's what I am saying about the prosecutor. It didn't make sense, to do it that way... But the sitting Republicans would have been shit on no matter what they did -- as far as questioning her directly or going through someone else. 

Correct. When your motivations are to smear a victim of sexual assault, it doesn't  matter how you obfuscate it. It is impossible to argue any differently. 

And before you say it's pure partisan politics, ask Al Franken about that. 

Idk, I still don't buy that. It sounds like leftist rhetoric. If the GOP wanted the prosecutor to be more aggressive and in "attack mode", they could've had that done. If their purpose was really to smear her or drag her through the mud, they wouldn't have gone through a prosecutor at all... they could've done that a lot more effectively on their own.

As I mentioned earlier... Having the Republican Chair get up there and thank her for her bravery and willingness to come forward doesn't scream "smear campaign" to me.