Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Very.

If it makes any difference, it's looking more and more like Jeff Flake is going to be a no on Kavanaugh regardless of the FBI investigation. I don't know... but I would find it hard to believe that if he makes that stand that Collins and Murkowski aren't right there with him leading that charge. He's pretty much toast, and rightfully so. 

Flake's big thing (as if the lies and allegations weren't enough to prove it already) was that Kavanaugh was extremely partisan in how he dealt with the committee. His demeanor and rhetoric was obviously lopsided... and that's not great for a judge on the supreme court. Obviously all these judges are nominated by one party or the other, but to be so deliberately open about your disdain for one side... Not a good look. Totally support that decision and reason, again.. beyond the plethora of other reasons not to let him onto the bench.

Trump keeps double and tripling down on the guy though, for whatever reason. I understand he isn't brilliant or even moderately intelligent... but somebody tell that guy to shut up once in a while. Jeez... 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

4 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Stop defending sexual predators. 

Lmao. The GOP's disingenuous attack on something the man himself brought up, owned up to, and chose to make an inspiring speech about how he, as a young man, was absolutely in the wrong as somehow equivalent what the GOP continues to defend from sexual predators like Roy Moore is just hilarious in its absurdity.

Cory Booker is absolutely better than the GOPers, because he owned up to him doing something wrong and doesn't try to defend it, unlike the GOPers continued defense of Trump, Moore, and now Kavanaugh.

Edited by Thanatos

11 hours ago, BwareDWare94 said:

Corey Booker is a moronic firestarter. 

Forgetting the sexual predator accusations, since you obviously don't care about those, what do you even mean by this?

Corey Booker is better than the Republicans...what a low bar to set. Corey Booker is fucking awful based off his donor list and voting record. He's exactly what's wrong with the Democrats. He's a Clinton-crat. The Democrats are certainly better than the GOP overall but all the good Democrats have no power within the party so the Clinton-crats set the agenda.

30 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Corey Booker is better than the Republicans...what a low bar to set. Corey Booker is fucking awful based off his donor list and voting record. He's exactly what's wrong with the Democrats. He's a Clinton-crat. The Democrats are certainly better than the GOP overall but all the good Democrats have no power within the party so the Clinton-crats set the agenda.

Maybe that's a problem for you, but Booker not being too liberal should be a positive for bware. 

3 hours ago, seanbrock said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/business/amazon-minimum-wage.amp.html

He's pissed me off since he bent the knee but Bernie Sanders should be our president.

This is the least terrible thing amazon could’ve done to alleviate pressure- from their perspective. Amazon still doesn’t like hiring full time, instead relying on temp agencies (who steal wages as a facilitator) . They also don’t supply adequate insurance or other benefits many businesses offer like paid leave and whatnot .

its an OK step, but they are all douche canoes. 

• Upvote 1

YOU DARE QUESTION THE FREE MARKET???

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blotsfan said:

Maybe that's a problem for you, but Booker not being too liberal should be a positive for bware. 

I think conservatives should be pissed that he voted down a bill that would have allowed people to get affordable medicine from other countries.

21 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

I think conservatives should be pissed that he voted down a bill that would have allowed people to get affordable medicine from other countries.

You don't understand American conservatism. 

American Conservatism is more like King of The Hill than what you view it as like a klan rally. 

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, seanbrock said:

I ain't claiming its a high bar to set, merely that the GOP has fallen so low that yes, even Cory Booker is better than basically all of them. The entire party has jumped right down into the rabbit hole with Trump, and they constantly defend racists, sexual predators, and serial liars and then try to gaslight America by flat out lying and denying that they did so.

I sincerely hope that what Lindsay Graham said back in 2016 comes true: "If we elect Trump, we will destroy ourselves. And we will deserve it." The GOP being utterly destroyed because they nominated who they did to represent and lead their party would be the absolute best outcome of this whole mess.

Edited by Thanatos

The GOP has been there imo. Trump just illuminates that like nobody ever had.

• Upvote 1

Probably doesn't belong in this thread, but idgaf! This looks like it will truly capture what a giant POS Dick Cheney is / was. 

15 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Lmao. The GOP's disingenuous attack on something the man himself brought up, owned up to, and chose to make an inspiring speech about how he, as a young man, was absolutely in the wrong as somehow equivalent what the GOP continues to defend from sexual predators like Roy Moore is just hilarious in its absurdity.

Cory Booker is absolutely better than the GOPers, because he owned up to him doing something wrong and doesn't try to defend it, unlike the GOPers continued defense of Trump, Moore, and now Kavanaugh.

Idk, you making excuses for sick ass people is very disturbing. Owning up to it, doesn't make it right.. Doesn't make it better. Him being young doesn't make it right... doesn't make it better.  When you say that Booker, an admitted sexual deviant is better than almost all of the GOP and then you only can name the 3 most extreme examples is very telling. Moore is trash. Trump is trash. Kavanaugh is trash. No doubt. You bring up those three names like I am going to disagree with you or something. lol.  

Cory Booker is also trash. If making a speech is all it takes for you to forgive someone of being a massive creep, somebody should have informed Moore / Kavanaugh a lot sooner that thats all it took. Then again, I don't think the rest of the country is as gentle with sexual assault as you are. 

For the sake of this country, I hope Cory Booker's campaign goes nowhere. From one gross sexual deviant misogynist to another. What a great way to correct the course after a travesty of a Trump presidency. 

Democrats needs to find someone better. Fighting a predator with one of their own is a movie -- not a political strategy. 

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Idk, you making excuses for sick ass people is very disturbing. Owning up to it, doesn't make it right.. Doesn't make it better. Him being young doesn't make it right... doesn't make it better.  When you say that Booker, an admitted sexual deviant is better than almost all of the GOP and then you only can name the 3 most extreme examples is very telling. Moore is trash. Trump is trash. Kavanaugh is trash. No doubt. You bring up those three names like I am going to disagree with you or something. lol.  

Cory Booker is also trash. If making a speech is all it takes for you to forgive someone of being a massive creep, somebody should have informed Moore / Kavanaugh a lot sooner that thats all it took. Then again, I don't think the rest of the country is as gentle with sexual assault as you are. 

For the sake of this country, I hope Cory Booker's campaign goes nowhere. From one gross sexual deviant misogynist to another. What a great way to correct the course after a travesty of a Trump presidency. 

Democrats needs to find someone better. Fighting a predator with one of their own is a movie -- not a political strategy. 

Are you being serious right now? You really think that what Booker did is equivalent? Cmon, man. Now you're going exactly where the extreme right always claims this will end up. Unless I am missing something that I didn't hear about, you're just being utterly ridiculous here.

• Downvote 1

Why does Trump and the GOP make Booker acceptable? 

• Upvote 2

When did I say it was the equivalent? I don't recall as such. No matter what he's done since, it was still sexual assault. Unless there's a separate category that such predators get lumped into afterwards. If there is such a group, feel free to let me know.. Otherwise, he's admitted to sexual assault. That's just what it is... Again, if there's a better label say as such. I think he himself called it assault.. So I don't feel I am really that far out of line. 

You want to sit here and make a scale of sexual assault... Go for it. And while it's not all the same... it's still assault. I would feel hypocritical sitting and saying... "Yeah, sexual assault as far as groping is OK in my book but dry humping and beyond is where I cross the line". 

It's assault! 

People who have committed sexual assault shouldn't be representing the people, and they shouldn't be ascending to POTUS. That opinion covers every political ideology and party affiliation.

You want to be soft on that, you may. You want to like him because he gave a speech about how groping women enlightened him, you go right ahead. 

I shall not. 

Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green Party, Rent is Too Damn High Party... I do not want to accept sexual assault, just what is boils down to. You do you though. Live your best life. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, seanbrock said:

Like x10000000 . 

You said it better than I did in one sentence. I get so wordy and caught up in semantics sometimes.. So, yeah, way to go. What this guy said.

Booker groped a girl in HS...owned up to it 25 years ago...move on...not the end of the world and doesn't make him a bad guy.

• Upvote 1

If sexual assault doesn't sway you -- maybe the corruption, campaign finance violations, crime, being bought by big pharma, etc will. For bonus points, that stuff didn't happen a long time ago nor has he acknowledged or apologized for any of it.

He's a fraud.

“This is classic Booker — stand out front on feel-good social issues, regardless of his past positions, and align with big money everywhere else,” wrote Walter Bragman at Paste Magazine.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BJORN said:

Booker groped a girl in HS...owned up to it 25 years ago...move on...not the end of the world and doesn't make him a bad guy.

It is absolutely utterly ridiculous that the GOP is so blatantly hypocritical that they are trying to make that an issue. Just fucking hilarious in its hypocrisy. He grabbed at a girl's breast and had his hand swatted away while they were laying on a bed kissing. And then in 1992, well before any of the metoo movement called anyone out for this, he talked about how that was wrong.

And that makes him a sexual predator? And a danger to women everywhere? I know you're not being serious, Favre, you're just trying to score brownie points in a debate. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, seanbrock said:

All I said was Booker is better than the entirety of the GOP combined. Which he is. They have all jumped in with Trump. I'd vote for him against Trump, to be sure, but I'd far prefer a better candidate. Has nothing to do with him trying to grab a girl's breast while they were laying on a bed making out when he was 15 though.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Downvote 1

It is hilarious to see Jeff Flake pretend to be this reasonable guy who reaches accross the aisle. Pretty sure he votes with Trump like 90% or something like the rest if them. That whole stunt is just enough to turn your stomach. I do kind of hope he decides to try and run as an independent for President, though. I hope a lot of people run outside the parties.