Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Recommended Posts

Obama said that to try to get some swing votes, dude. He was nowhere near a moderate republican.

I'm probably voting Democrat no matter who they put up, Trump has to be taken out of office. The idea that the Dems are the same is just false. I agree Hillary is a shill and needs to go, and there are other horrible people in the Democrat party, but its nowhere near the same amount as the GOP, where like 95% of them are actively trying to pass legislation that will harm the average person's wallet or health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that I really loved Lizzy in her interview with Maddow. She was strong and I could vote for that. Bring the troops home. Stop spending on the war machine and start investing in our own country and in turn investing in ourselves. I really think that if Warren or Gabbard ran with a guy like Richard Ojeda as VP that we could see a lot of good things happen. I mean, you always have to be skeptical of rhetoric but I really liked what she had to say. The left needs a leader that can bring Pelosi to heel and set the agenda for the house. If some corporate shill wins though then they're probably going to move the Democratic party even further right. To me the primaries are more important that the general elections. We can't have Republicans running the Democratic party. That's fucking dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is going to "bring pelosi to heel." You'd alienate a lot of the older Dems and end up losing the general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seanbrock said:

I have to say that I really loved Lizzy in her interview with Maddow. She was strong and I could vote for that. Bring the troops home. Stop spending on the war machine and start investing in our own country and in turn investing in ourselves. I really think that if Warren or Gabbard ran with a guy like Richard Ojeda as VP that we could see a lot of good things happen. I mean, you always have to be skeptical of rhetoric but I really liked what she had to say. The left needs a leader that can bring Pelosi to heel and set the agenda for the house. If some corporate shill wins though then they're probably going to move the Democratic party even further right. To me the primaries are more important that the general elections. We can't have Republicans running the Democratic party. That's fucking dangerous.

I was actually coming in here to say something similar. It seems like she is off to a good start (again, just my opinion). She's been here in Iowa and I have watched her speeches... She's talking a pretty strong / good game. None of the stops were that close to me, but maybe next time around with some notice I could make a trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

No one is going to "bring pelosi to heel." You'd alienate a lot of the older Dems and end up losing the general.

The older Dems are destroying the country, fuck them. I bet they won't vote Republican and honestly if the Democrats brought Pelosi to heel would gain independent voters into their party. More voters is always the strategy for liberals to win. You're dead wrong, my friend. Dead wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You think taking the Dems farther left will make the independents want to vote for them? Feel like itll be the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

You think taking the Dems farther left will make the independents want to vote for them? Feel like itll be the opposite.

Yeah absolutely. People want health care that they can afford. People want to be paid fairly. People want to get out of the middle East. There are a lot of liberal policies that bring in Independents. Hell there are libertarians that might vote Democrat if they wanted out of the middle East. They're not courting votes though, they're courting money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump was shitting on big pharma (via twitter) today .. Doesn't mean he is going to do anything, obviously. But if he clamps down on them / these INSANE drug prices like he is doing for this ridiculous ass wall -- this Presidency may not be so bad after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milennials will be 40% of the electorate in 2020 @Thanatos btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Trump was shitting on big pharma (via twitter) today .. Doesn't mean he is going to do anything, obviously. But if he clamps down on them / these INSANE drug prices like he is doing for this ridiculous ass wall -- this Presidency may not be so bad after all. 

He does this all the time unfortunately. Said he was going after guns, then reversed course. Said he was going to sign the gov't bill to prevent a shutdown, then reversed course. Said he was going to cut military spending, then reversed course.

I'll believe it when I see it. If it happens, great, then instead of one good thing the orange chimpanzee has done, (pulling out of TPP), we will have two!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a wash to me, because of how it was done. I'm happy we're getting out, but you don't just suddenly ditch your allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. After meddling in a foreign nations civil war for more than 4 years... I am not sure any pull out is really all that sudden. Looks like that warhawk demon John Bolton is trying to keep us there though. Seems like the most evil people live the longest, talk about cruel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's sudden if its not expected and not planned for, no matter how long you've been in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree. Long overdue, not sudden enough.

 

Point looks moot regardless. Just read an article that says John Bolton is shitting on Trump and not pulling out right away... There are conditions that need to be met (and probably never will). 

Not sudden at all, as it turns out being as this is probably going to be long and delayed for eternity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

It's sudden if its not expected and not planned for, no matter how long you've been in there.

Can you elaborate? How would a more gradual exit strategy be better? Do you think Syria presents a danger to us or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seanbrock said:

Can you elaborate? How would a more gradual exit strategy be better? Do you think Syria presents a danger to us or something?

It's better for trust from our allies. You can't pull out of a campaign with little warning to those fighting with you, it taints your credibility for future conflicts.

To be 100% clear here, we have no business in Syria. I don't think either side is very good, though I do think one side is definitely better than the other. I just dislike jerking out suddenly, I feel like it doesn't portray us very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, Thanatos said:

It's better for trust from our allies. You can't pull out of a campaign with little warning to those fighting with you, it taints your credibility for future conflicts.

To be 100% clear here, we have no business in Syria. I don't think either side is very good, though I do think one side is definitely better than the other. I just dislike jerking out suddenly, I feel like it doesn't portray us very well.

 Which side do you say is better and why? We have so many troops all over and our Navy is damn near omnipresent around the world. If the US needed to do something it certainly could. I don't think we're abandoning them by pulling troops out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Tulsi Gabbard IS running for President! Let's go!

Bye Trump 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BJORN said:

Bye Trump 

She has to win the Dem nomination first.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thanatos said:

She has to win the Dem nomination first.

Right and she's already getting slandered by fake Democrats. They'll do everything they can to cheat her like they did Sanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're doing the same thing to Bernie. Bringing up these harassment stories (again) at the same exact time Democrats are beginning to test the waters and announce their candidacy. Totally a coincidence, I am sure... lmao

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Chatbox

    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
×