Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

The US has used the largest non-nuclear weapon we have on Afghanistan. First time that bomb has ever actually been used.

My hatred of us being the world police not withstanding, it is for a good cause.

You know cherry said something in the shout box last about a paper he wrote that would guarantee major health care issues for everyone and still make certain medications and procedure's out of pocket. If we got the prescription prices drastically lowered by going after pharma. I actually think that would be a good comprise for the wing of the conservative party that make up libertarians and reasonable conservatives. I think there would be points of contention but I think there would be potential in that direction.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R9EEMo9iu8IjSdLW-bNDcS9Hl1g4pFMitcHVxySyI_0/edit?usp=sharing

It cites a book by Robert Lieberthal, a PhD in Public Health at University of Tennessee. He kind of argues for both sides of government intervention, and how it affects the market.

Also cited an essay by Kenneth Arrow, who was one of the key figures in developing economic theory in the healthcare industry.

You guys gave me the idea to circle my argument around what the constitution argues is the role of government when dealing with individuals, and I think that was a key piece in changing my argument. Those who need immediate care for incredibly costly procedures are unable to help themselves, and do need government intervention to protect them. That falls under the whole "General welfare" bit.

Obviously there is quite a bit of fluff in there for academic reasons, but my two main points are essentially

1. Eliminating externalities through mandatory insurance across the board is ineffective and harmful to those who would be better suited without insurance.

2. The overprovision of healthcare blunts the value of said healthcare. The smaller the action within medicine that you attempt to provide through government intervention, the more likely you are to bog down the system and make it ineffective.

Apparently we (the US) are ready to strike Korea if they move to do another nuclear test -- which they are rumored to be doing as early as this weekend.

-sigh-

Apparently we (the US) are ready to strike Korea if they move to do another nuclear test -- which they are rumored to be doing as early as this weekend.

-sigh-

Which sucks because I have a broken neck and I would have to wait for the bone to heal, do physical therapy, and get back in fighting shape before the war ended....of course this happens now...pretty depressing. :gatlingun:

Edited by Omerta

-sigh-

For what it's worth, the military has intensely denied these rumors. A war with North Korea would result in millions of civilians dead. Trump or not, there is no way we would engage with them half-assed. I honestly think the generals would refuse before doing something insane.

For what it's worth, the military has intensely denied these rumors. A war with North Korea would result in millions of civilians dead. Trump or not, there is no way we would engage with them half-assed. I honestly think the generals would refuse before doing something insane.

I can assure you the generals would not refuse. They did not get to wherethey are by disobeying direct and lawful orders.

On a personal note, it was my experience that just about everyone in the military wants to get knee deep in north koreas ass. I have wanted to take some of that of that ass for a decade now, and many feel that way.

Let's piss Russia AND China off. This is starting to get really scary. I know Russia and China hate each other but if they get to the point where they both feel threatened by the US things could get ugly fast.

Let's piss Russia AND China off. This is starting to get really scary. I know Russia and China hate each other but if they get to the point where they both feel threatened by the US things could get ugly fast.

I honestly think even Trump realizes that going into North Korea without China's cooperation would be a disaster.

Remember when I said this was fake and about the competing oil pipelines?

Now, obviously the border wall is a terrible idea for numerous reasons. However, you can't deny one of, if not the, main goals for a Trump presidency as mentioned during his campaing was having the wall built and paid for by mexico.

Now he wants it to be paid for by the federal budget so maybe mexico can pay the US back later. And hes blaming the democrats for opposing it, despite having a republican majority in the house and senate.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/856171332521820165

Of course, if the budget doesn't get passed it could lead to a government shutdown like what we had in 2013. That was done because of a republican attempt to repeal Obamacare, something Obama obviously wouldn't agree to. There is a very real chance Trump will shut down the government just so he can get his wall, which again would be a massive environmental disaster, cost about $40 billion dollars, and wouldn't be particularly effective at stopping illegal immigration.

$40 billion ? That's a deal. The US spends roughly that every single year fighting the war on drugs.

$40 billion ? That's a deal. The US spends roughly that every single year fighting the war on drugs.

Now you see, I'd support ending that as well, but I guess for a conservative like you thats a non-starter.

• Downvote 1

blots, you really have to stop this shit of labeling people and telling them what they believe before they themselves have a chance to tell you. It makes you look like a wanker.

If you've ever read any of Farve's posts, you would see quite plainly that he is not a conservative in the mold you are trying to put him into. Fiscally yes, but a real fiscal conservative would be against spending so much money on the prison system in general. Favre is opposed to the war on drugs and any big spending when it comes to the criminal justice system.

tumblr_inline_mgtttkMdQa1qfe5t2.png

So if I don't get it, explain? What else was I supposed to imply from your post? lol

• Upvote 1

To get him to realize that if he wants to think of himself as more of a libertarian, he should take their stances.

Unless he is against the war on drugs and his only goal is to deflect from criticism of Trump even when its counter to his own political beliefs. But then, why would he want to do that...

Right... I didn't miss the point at all. You are still telling him what he does/doesn't believe, are you not?

Go back through the posts in this section over the past... well, however far you an go back. F4E has stated time and time again that he is a fiscal conservative but a social liberal.

• Upvote 1

And if I said I was a trump supporter but continued to constantly post anti-trump stuff, would you insist that I'm a Trump supporter?

If favre doesn't like the war on drugs (which I actually believe), then what is the point of that post? Is it truly just a joke, or is it a continuation of his near-constant defense of trump?

I think it is obviously a joke, but also a condemnation on the war on drugs, which F4E has been doing here for years, long before Trump became a thing.

You are reading wayyyyyy too far into this I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1

Yeah...rereading that it probably was meant to be sarcastic.

Alright, I'll take an L on this one. Sorry favre.

Edited by blotsfan

blots, you really have to stop this shit of labeling people and telling them what they believe before they themselves have a chance to tell you. It makes you look like a wanker.

blots, my friend, I think we generally agree on things, but I have to second this. Be a liberal as opposed to a conservative because that's called having a conscience, but don't be one of those liberals who takes what's actually said and then accuses the person of saying something worse. Not that you have done this, but consider people who honestly criticize women in power without sexist bias. What do the worst liberals do? Immediately accuse them of sexist bias. And that's just one situational example off the top of my head. Accusing people of saying worse things than they actually did is fucking asinine and needs to end. Help end that trend.

Edited by BwareDWare94