Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Trump doesn't know or care what's in this bill. He'd support single-payer if it let's him say he replaced Obamacare.

If you get paid for overtime work, you really need to read this. One of President Obama’s most far-reaching achievements during his time in office is the expansion of overtime pay for millions of American workers. But House Republican just passed a bill eliminating overtime pay.

The measure, backed by Republicans, would let employers give workers paid time off instead of time-and-a-half pay the next time they put in extra hours. The vote tally was largely along party lines, with no Democrats voting in favor of the bill. Six Republicans also voted against it, according to CNN Money.

In an attempt to make the draconian legislation more appealing to constituents, the GOP leadership has labeled the Working Families Flexibility Act.

The Trump administration also came out in support of the measure. The White House said in a news release that the president’s advisers would recommend Trump sign the bill into law if it was presented to him in its current form.

But Democrats stand in strong opposition. Their chief concern is that employers have the final say on when comp time can be used, which means bosses can defer compensating employees for overtime work.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, who has made workers’ protections her flagship cause and sits on the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, called the bill a “disgrace” on Twitter.

I'm no Democrat or Republican. But for years and years I've heard tirelessly that the Democratic party fucked over the hard working people of America.

Now in 2017 under 45's rule... the tables have flipped. The tables have flipped to him supporting the wealthy and attempting to crush the middle class.

This bill is the EXACT reason why the Republican party is the bane of our existence.

As someone that works a considerable amount of OT.. this bill makes me want to march on Washington and burn it down.

SO the most I work is 16 hours a day. 8 of those hours are GUARANTEED OT Pay.

You are now going to tell me that instead of OT pay, this gets translated into Vacation. Vacation that is already booked for 8 months a year and that only 4 people MAX a day can put in for out of 220 some employees. There is NO way in my world that this is even positive.

Just another government scheme to overwork people and not pay them like they fucking should because the government is a sack of shit.

• Upvote 1

I'm no Democrat or Republican. But for years and years I've heard tirelessly that the Democratic party fucked over the hard working people of America.

Now in 2017 under 45's rule... the tables have flipped. The tables have flipped to him supporting the wealthy and attempting to crush the middle class.

The tables never flipped (at least not in your lifetime). You were just lied to. Shit like this is why I can't take anyone seriously who claims "both sides are equally bad."

The tables never flipped (at least not in your lifetime). You were just lied to. Shit like this is why I can't take anyone seriously who claims "both sides are equally bad."

The government is shit either way.

THE FACT THAT 45 IS PRESIDENT IS A RESPONSE FROM THE CONSERVATIVE FUCKS THAT SIMPLY JUST DIDNT WANT HILLARY.

It's a war of fucking attrition that will never be won and that why's every last motherfucker in the government needs to be eliminated TODAY.

You read what I say in such extremes. I never said the dems are perfect. I just said it's absurd to claim they're equally bad. But enjoy gutting healthcare in this country because millionaires need a bigger tax break, because this fucker passed

You read what I say in such extremes. I never said the dems are perfect. I just said it's absurd to claim they're equally bad. But enjoy gutting healthcare in this country because millionaires need a bigger tax break, because this fucker passed

I didn't read too much into it. They have been equally bad. People read extremes because you speak in them. Like when you assume i will enjoy this because i didn't agree with you, that is an extreme leap no ?

I want someone to give me one good reason why we all shouldn't be seething over this?

• Upvote 1

To me voting for the lesser of two evils is what has us where we are today. Our country just keeps going further and further right. The only reason that they give us some better social policy (marginally so based on what Clinton did to explode the prison population) is because it doesn't hurt the bottom line of their donors. Anyone who tries to reform the party and actually fight for working class people they do everything they can to discredit and smear them and even defraud elections in favor of establishment candidates.

The thing is, they don't even care that they lose elections I don't think because they get rich just running for office and then they can go to Washington as lobbyists and make money that way, go on TV and shill for the establishments and get their shitty books published. That's why the elect the same leadership that has failed and cased the democrats to lose in the presidential elections, lose both houses of congress, the majority of governorships and smaller governmental offices all over the country. Why would you support that? Why should ANYONE support that?

Also, don't be surprised that if this thing does pass to see more than a few democrat votes for it.

Edited by seanbrock

I don't really get the age credits thing.

Why do we have an entirely arbitrary line in the sand as far as age goes to determine who gets the most tax credits? Just because you're older doesn't mean you need more healthcare.

• Upvote 1

Why do we have an entirely arbitrary line in the sand as far as age goes to determine who gets the most tax credits? Just because you're older doesn't mean you need more healthcare.

Because old people vote at high rates, so they want to make old people (who are usually more conservative ) happy while kicking as many people as they can off of health care and still not lose too many votes.

Edited by seanbrock

Statistically it does. I mean the older people in this country are 60% more likely to develop 2 chronic conditions and so on. They are more likely to need therapy, home health, supplemental vitamins, gastric supplements, immunosupport, ENT medications, and such. It is not necessarily a given that once you hit 60 things go shitski, but it is pretty prevalent, enough so to say that statistically the older you get the more healthcare you will need.

Because old people vote, so they want to make old people (who are usually more conservative ) happy while kicking as many people as they can off of health care and still not lose too many votes.

Or they could just get sicker at higher rates, and need more medical care.

Sure, as a general rule.

But then you fuck over any young people who happen to have pre-existing conditions.

Sure, as a general rule.

But then you fuck over any young people who happen to have pre-existing conditions.

Totally agree with that, just addressing the fact that older people do in general need more healthcare. I am for thinning the herd anyway so meh... That is an interesting topic though.

Totally agree with that, just addressing the fact that older people do in general need more healthcare. I am for thinning the herd anyway so meh... That is an interesting topic though.

Wouldn't it be better to let old people die then? :shrug:

Wouldn't it be better to let old people die then? :shrug:

Dude that is a long topic. In essence if it were me there would have to be some parameters. Something like if you have lived 3/4 of your life and you get cancer, just accept it. Same with incurable diseases and people on ventilators like Steve Gleason. I mean it is tough to say those people should die, or even worse what about children with things that will kill them eventually. I don't know what to do, but I do know that at some point with us living longer and having more children it is unfeasible that this planet can sustain life. I mean I have not put a lot of real thought into it, but just something that comes in to my mind and then I see a squirrel and lose it.

Ooh this is fun. If you had an organ transplant while covered under Obamacare, you might lose your insurance now and not be able to take the drugs needed to your body doesn't reject the transplant. If this happens, you will die.

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/860139424490950656

I feel like this is getting glossed over a bit so I wanted to highlight it. Regardless of what you think of Obamacare, it created certain expectations that people have made life altering decisions under for the past 6 years. If we're going to 'repeal and replace' then we have to be cognizant of what those decisions were and the consequences of pulling the rug out from under people.

• Upvote 2

If one administration passes legislation that forces people to change everything around I don't know how we can hold another administration to a standard that doesn't involve that.

I just want somebody (or a group of somebodies) to actually do the right thing for the American people.

Re:Sean, I would be pretty surprised, relatively if enough Democrats flipped to outnumber the rogue moderate Republicans. I'd be more willing to bet that moderates cave (if it is to pass the senate)...

Because as is those moderates do not like the bill ...Doesn't matter how they end up voting.

They may face pressure to not be the people who were the roadblock to repealing Obamacare, if they get labeled like that they are going to face the angry Democrats during reelection but also not have the support of conservatives either -- they'll pretty much be guaranteeing a loss...

Caving to the Ryan Reublicans will at least give them a shot at retaining their seat.

If one administration passes legislation that forces people to change everything around I don't know how we can hold another administration to a standard that doesn't involve that.

99% of the time, I agree with this totally. But the thing here is one administration saved many lives, and another wants to put them in danger.

I don't think holding another administration to any standard vs. another is the issue. How many people are saying, "they don't have the authority to do this?" None that I've heard. The issue is that this is a shitty bill and they're just blatantly saying fuck you to the American people.

In general I agree, it's a basic part of our system of government, and all modern democracies for that matter, that when a new government is elected they take their own direction. Each regime will have different priorities so they're gonna re-write some of the laws of the prior administration. However, this is a situation where lives are literally in the balance, and that takes substantially more care when you're making the transition.

HAHAHA! AS PART OF MY EVIL PLAN I, BARACK OBAMA, HAVE FORCED YOU TO BE SUBJECTED TO MODERN MEDICINE AT A MORE AFFORDABLE PRICE POINT! EVERYTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED!

Re: Ooochy & Sarge

Right, and personally speaking, I don't disagree with you. But when it comes to politicians, they don't care about "pulling the rug out from under people".. They'd have to care about people first. So, just from a "business" standpoint, it is one of those things that just is. Because that's all it is to them.. business.

Re: Blots

AARP did a study that found the average prescription drug doubled in price from 2007 to 2016. even generic drugs have been increasing in price since '12, which is unusual, because those usually decline in price.