Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I hate posts like that anyway.... Are the only woman allowed to pass laws for woman? Was Obama the only President or lawmaker to pass laws for blacks ?

I'm not mad about her outrage or the stupid things in that bill but the way she expresses it is stupid.

No, but having nothing but old white guys pass a law regarding healthcare when healthcare affects everyone is something that looks weird.

But then, the GOP is composed primarily of old white guys now anyway.

The problem with that is that I'm not in med school and have 0 plans on being a doctor.

I could have swore you said something about that years ago lol my bad.

To me, this is not about health care in our presidents eyes. This is about money. It never was about covering people...or fixing bloated taxes....or any other nuance being touted by those in the media. It is about the redistribution of wealth.

On the basis of this bill with how it ralates to the redistribution of wealth, I am vehemently opposed to it.

With a few exceptions this is American politics in a nutshell. Most of these people will sign their name on any bill if they're paid enough.

No, but having nothing but old white guys pass a law regarding healthcare when healthcare affects everyone is something that looks weird.

But then, the GOP is composed primarily of old white guys now anyway.

Welcome to at least two years where old white guys are doing a lot more than messing with some vaginas.

Trump has fired Comey. On my phone so somebody else can post a link.

https://twitter.com/elyratner/status/861896780937613313

This is why the majority of people hate liberals. This douche canoe is talking about trump letting off the gas of North Korea,well excuse me pussy, but would you not be riled up if he did "put his foot ON the gas" for NK. Shut up you liberal hippie cocksucker. What is trump supposed to do, tell China how to run their country, like everyone is telling them not to. Not to mention at its most base level this is asinine because it was said BEFORE this happened. Whatta douche.

Edited by Omerta

We should probably have a general political thread since this one keeps getting so sidetracked.

We should probably have a general political thread since this one keeps getting so sidetracked.

This is a good general politics thread

Accidental beg scrolling on phone.

Bring it blotsy

I'm not posting it all because a lot has happened, but at this point supporting trump means you don't care if we live in a dictatorship or not.

Your continued insistence on using pure black/white hyperbolic statements when you are referring to people who disagree with you continues to show you have learned nothing from the 2016 elections.

You don't win people over by making blanket statements that attack them on a personal level, especially when you don't even bother to preface such a statement with the actual evidence you could present on the matter, but simply state that you are "not posting it all."

Trump's firing of James Comey is extremely troubling and an egregious overstep of presidential authority. Not that he can't or doesn't have the authority to do so, but ethically given the situation, is something he should not have done. The Dems acting all offended when all of them wanted him to resign less than six months ago is equally hilarious.

It's troubling to me because Comey didn't feel like he was politically bound to one side or the other. He seemed like he was clearly in the middle and just doing what he thought he should. Whether or not you agree with what he did, you can at least respect that.

Trump firing him because of how he handled Hillary's mails? Absolute bullshit. I'm surprised the WH thinks anyone buys that load of bs.

But it's a far cry from that to dictatorship. Here's you an equally plausible scenario. Trump is an egomaniacal narcissist, as has already been established. If he is in fact innocent, someone who continually drags up an investigation into something he knows to be false is in fact extremely irritating to him. Trump being Trump, and thus utterly naive as to how this will be seen, fires him and throws out a pretense.

It is, in this case, not a powergrab, but merely a crotchety old man getting back at someone who is pissing him off.

Edited by Thanatos

Trump has literally said comey was fired so the Russia investigation would stop. He might not be smart enough to realize how terrible that is, but he knew what he was doing there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/11/donald-trump-james-comey-firing-russia-investigation

And you can dislike comey for illegally influencing the election while also realizing that the president shouldn't be able to fire someone in the process of investigating him.

And spare me any bullshit of "this is why trump won." Trump won because some Americans are stupid and would rather blame minorities for their problems than acknowledge that the world is fundamentally different now than it was in 1950. Also he won because other people need a 3rd vacation home so badly that they don't care who has to die for them to get it. If your political beliefs are so fragile that you vote for people out of spite, then I understand why you'd be dumb enough to vote for a reality tv show host to run the country.

• Downvote 1

Blots back to old Blots.

I didn't say being a republican. I didn't say being fiscally conservative. I said supporting trump. Cherry, do you actually want trump to be in charge? You'd rather have him over pence or ryan (as much disdain as I have for both)?

I'd take Trump over most candidates from the Democratic party, but I'd prefer some Republicans over him for sure. I'd likely take Ryan over him, but I doubt I'd take Pence.

Remember how careless Hillary was with classified information? Yeah there's no evidence that anything was stolen but who knows what could get leaked if she's elected?!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html

The only republican politicians worth a shit are Paul and Massie at least the ones I know of. I can at least live with the economic policies if they're not beating the war drum and willing to take down the privatized prison industry and give us our freedoms. Paul Ryan is a fucking loathsome scum bag, though Cherry. He's just a very bad person.

Yeah, honestly if Trump were to be removed, I think I would be even more scared. Everyone else though? They'd probably be fine with it, because they aren't loud or boisterous like Trump is. Pence and Ryan know how to work the system and how to be "political".

They'd be doing a lot of the same things, if not worse.. it'd just be more quiet.

• Upvote 1