Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

There's a lot more jobs in clean energy than in coal and the like. It's not coming back, no matter how much Trump wishes otherwise.

We're the 2nd biggest producer of GHG on the planet. Of course we have to do more than others, that's how it works. Without the US's involvement, there is a good chance the Accords fall apart altogether.

There were three countried that didn't vote to stay in.

One was Syria. They're a bit busy with a war you might've heard about.

One was Nicaragua. They voted against it out of protest that it doesn't go far enough.

One was the US. We voted against it because we're run by malicious idiots.

I totally think we should be investing, to a degree, in renewable energy. And I don't think we need a global agreement to do just that. Not saying that is what Trump's plan is... Just speaking for myself.

Also, let's remember who got Trump into office. It was a lot of these blue-collar workers who aren't exactly going to be helped by large carbon emission caps.

Also, that's not how it works.. The United States (previously) pushed for the Paris Accord to have equal standards for all nations included. Other leaders such as China wanted a few different things, but among them different standards for different nations -- and for less transparency and more leniency when it comes to reporting numbers... What is the purpose of that, exactly? lol

We need to do something about the sun turning into a red giant.

• Upvote 1

We need to do something about the sun turning into a red giant.

Look, even Vin thinks he's a fucking scientist now.

Look, even Vin thinks he's a fucking scientist now.

Just a sun guy tbh.

Your source is funded by two people who made their $$$ primarily off of fracking. Anyone who is in that field clearly doesn't give two shits about the environment, and thus their video is suspect from the start.

It also completely- and given the background of the people involved, almost certainly intentionally- misleads the viewer as to the reason behind the Paris accords.

It's not to lower the earth's temperature, as people like Ted Cruz keep claiming. It is to limit the damage that has already been done. It is granted that the Paris accords will hardly lower the temp at all, but it will keep them from rising past the 2 degree Celsius mark that was pinpointed as a tipping point.

The right wing climate change deniers can keep on claiming that this is all about making money, and I'm certain there are awful people in climate change who are there just to rake in the dollars, but its a real threat. You can sit here and talk about jobs and everything that will be affected in the short term, when the rest of us are trying to prevent 130 degree summers a century down the road, when it will be far too late to change course.

Edit: Not to mention this channel used to be deniers of climate change at all until very recently. Not exactly a good track record. Heck, they may still believe that, which renders their entire opinion on this subject utterly null and void. As of May of last year, they did so, so its been a recent conversion for them to admit in this video that man-made carbon emissions do in fact raise the temperature of the earth.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

A lot of it, I don't think is opinion. Is it the truth or reality that you want to see? Obviously not, but that doesn't make the video scientifically false. Is there spin there or a certain perspective to be sold? Absolutely. No argument here.

Also, what is the Paris Agreement, really? There are no firm commitments.. just a lot of hollow promises to make environmentalists happy -- or at least to shut them up for the next 15 years. That's why I brought up one of the "leaders" of this movements desire to have very lenient reporting and non-transparent numbers. It's all a show.. Broadway, to entertain you and make you feel good.

Maybe this will spurn the conversation of--"how can trump just do this???" To lead to the inevitable answer that , much like an EO, what can be done with a stroke of the pen can be undone by the pen. So let's do what the founders said and go though senate ratification, have a rational debate, and move forward.

When you're talking to someone who uses PragerU as a source.

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, Favre, but this is a real easy one to me.

I don't respect anyone's opinion who doesn't believe in climate change on matters regarding climate change. They have proven they are idiots, by virtue of having an opinion contradicted by 95%+ of all climatologists, ya know, the people who actually looked into the matter.

There have been over 17,000 peer reviewed papers published in the last two years regarding climate change. Of those papers, do you know how many said that man is not behind climate change? One. Authored by Richard Lindzen, who is literally being funded by three major gas and oil companies. Guess what source PragerU here use to push their agenda?

Think of this way. If someone tells you vaccines cause autism, and then tells you the latest vaccine put out by the medical industry is going to actually make you sick, do you A) take them at their word or B) think that maybe, because of their anti-vaccine position, they have a significant bias against any vaccines.

PragerU is apparently notorious. I had never heard of them, but a simple google search, (or even just watch their videos on climate change), brings up dozens of accusations of stretching the truth, to put it gently- for example, claiming that the scientific community is divided on man-made climate change, when it is not. Or, as is the case in this video, claiming that the Paris Accords were supposed to drop the earth's temperature by a significant amount, when the stated goal is to prevent warming above 2 degrees celsius. They are lying about what their opponent claims in order to attack the strawman they create to make the Accords look bad.

These guys are not a reliable source, and when you pit them against organizations like NASA and the immense amount of data NASA has collected that support man-made climate change, you see just how feeble their arguments are.

Edited by Thanatos

I'm sorry, Favre, but this is a real easy one to me.

I don't respect anyone's opinion who doesn't believe in climate change on matters regarding climate change. They have proven they are idiots, by virtue of having an opinion contradicted by 95%+ of all climatologists, ya know, the people who actually looked into the matter.

There have been over 17,000 peer reviewed papers published in the last two years regarding climate change. Of those papers, do you know how many said that man is not behind climate change? One. Authored by Richard Lindzen, who is literally being funded by three major gas and oil companies. Guess what source PragerU here use to push their agenda?

Think of this way. If someone tells you vaccines cause autism, and then tells you the latest vaccine put out by the medical industry is going to actually make you sick, do you A) take them at their word or B) think that maybe, because of their anti-vaccine position, they have a significant bias against any vaccines.

PragerU is apparently notorious. I had never heard of them, but a simple google search, (or even just watch their videos on climate change), brings up dozens of accusations of stretching the truth, to put it gently- for example, claiming that the scientific community is divided on man-made climate change, when it is not. Or, as is the case in this video, claiming that the Paris Accords were supposed to drop the earth's temperature by a significant amount, when the stated goal is to prevent warming above 2 degrees celsius. They are lying about what their opponent claims in order to attack the strawman they create to make the Accords look bad.

These guys are not a reliable source, and when you pit them against organizations like NASA and the immense amount of data NASA has collected that support man-made climate change, you see just how feeble their arguments are.

2/10 not enough prequel memes.

• Upvote 2

Kathy Griffin crying and playing the victim... LMAO. That is so rich.

She also lost an endorsement and multiple standup performances, FWIW

• Upvote 1

Kathy Griffin crying and playing the victim... LMAO. That is so rich.

She also lost an endorsement and multiple standup performances, FWIW

Its funny but sad. The whole time she was blaming white dudes for her bad decision. She took zero responsibility, she said I did it, Im sorry, but then she says I am a comic so I have a right lol. It was hilarious in its absurdity. Then she claimed she was a feminist to garner support, feminists should be ashamed of this lady. You dont lift your mother up by punching your father in the teeth.

Kathy Griffin is worthless. If say, Tomi Lahren, had done a spoof bit and held up Barack Obama's head, the internet would have broken, everyone would have called her a terrorist, and she'd never work again, whereas Kathy Griffin will likely be an upcoming guest on SNL or something.

2/10 not enough prequel memes.

But who has the high ground?

I have not seen a liberal give a shit about what's happened to Kathy griffin.

I've always found Kathy Griffen to be annoying and unfunny so I know I don't care. I do agree with BWare unfortunately though. She'll take a hit now but this will only increase her profile down the road. I think she was dumb to apologize for it though. She clearly did it for exposure so just run with it. I would have to say that I think there has likely been depictions of literally every president dead or being killed in effigy. This is just yet another story to blow up and be made a bigger deal than what it is for the media to avoid covering real news about real issues. Sensationalism sells though, that much has been proven, look at the rating Fox News has had and now that MSNBC has gone the route of sensationalizing this Russia angle, they've taken over the top spot.

Let's be clear here, we have seen absolutely zero evidence about any of these claims about Russia. Apparently all the intelligence agencies say it happened but they offer no proof and they also said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and just have a long track record of lying to the American people in general. Even if it is true, if all they did was provide the emails for wikileaks about Hillary they only exposed facts. They have plenty of reason not want Hillary as POTUS though because policy wise she was quite possibly the most aggressive towards Russia ever. Lining up troops and weapons at their boarder is an act of war. We would CERTAINLY be at war with any country that did that with us. Her rhetoric during and even after the campaign was even more disturbing

Also I think it's pretty easy to say that Trump is not in the back pocket of Putin based on all of his actions. None of the sanctions have been lifted, the Russia/Exxon deal didn't go through and we bombed Syria multiple times most notably an airstrip where there were Russian troops. We told them about the strike before hand but still lol. If it comes out that Trump has connections with Russia it's much more likely that they're mob connections and obviously he would not want that to be exposed either.

Holy shit I really went off topic there but lol idk I ramble, sorry.

You don't disclose evidence during the middle of an investigation, sean.

There were WMDs in Iraq, chemical WMDs. Now we thought there were nukes, but so did the rest of the world, please stop calling it lying unless you have some proof we knew there were no nukes in Iraq but said so anyway. People can make mistakes.

They exposed facts, and that's all. Dear god. And you claim I'm the naive one. It was a play to get Trump elected. Even if that's all Russia did, they still tried to influence the US election. If you think they did that out of the goodness of their widdle hearts to show us who Hillary really was, you have a problem.

Putin just admitted that "well maybe some patriotic hackers did tamper with the US elections" because they heard bad things about Russia from the Clinton camp. He's already trying to get ahead of the intelligence community on this one, because they are going to claim the Russians tried to tamper with our election. Putin is trying to make it seem like they weren't sponsored by the government. The FBI and the CIA have already concluded, back in January, that Putin ordered a campaign to try to swing the election to Trump. That's solid. The only thing they're investigating is whether or not Trump knew about it.

Trump hired a fuckton of people that all have connections to Russia. There's literally a dozen plus people in his cabinet who have ties to Russia.

I'm not 100% claiming he does have Putin in his back pocket, but let the investigation finish. You're a civilian, not a CIA agent working on this, ofc they haven't leaked out any evidence to where you can hear about it- if there is any.

Edited by Thanatos

According to Obama's old CIA director, there wasn't any actual evidence that he knew of that linked the Russians with Trump, but there was contact made that warranted concern. So it was pretty much just basic communications, that he deemed worth looking at, but nothing like Trump paying Putin to hack the elections. It's a Democrat witch hunt.

Bill Maher called himself a house N on his show... lmao. Wow. :Suicide:

Trump isn't even going to have to try getting re-elected if this kinda stuff keeps up. I am getting more convinced that the only thing in more disarray than the GOP is the Democrats.

Trump isn't even going to have to try getting re-elected if this kinda stuff keeps up. I am getting more convinced that the only thing in more disarray than the GOP is the Democrats.

Precisely. I am no republican by ANNNNNNNYYY means, but there is 2 denocrats i would vote for a and a few republicans. All that said, the way the left acts i am more and more upset i didnt vote Trump (Johnson), but most democrats i have met are the best advocates and recruiters for republicans. This shit keeps up and Trump will be re-elected unfotunately.

Bill Maher is such a smug, sell out piece of shit.

• Upvote 1

All this after Maher had the balls to tell his party to quit crying and whining about stupid things like fat shaming and other crap like that and focus on real issues. Dude has no filter and, while that sometimes leads to awesome humor, it also leads to foot in mouth syndrome.