Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Bill Maher is such a smug, sell out piece of shit.

Don't forget massive racist. He's a massive racist.

• Upvote 1

All this after Maher had the balls to tell his party to quit crying and whining about stupid things like fat shaming and other crap like that and focus on real issues. Dude has no filter and, while that sometimes leads to awesome humor, it also leads to foot in mouth syndrome.

He is completely right about this kind of thing imo, I hate the dude, I mean I find him as loathsome as I do Rush Limbaugh, I would rather commit suicide than be in a room with either of those fucking cock-sucking, lowlife, bastard ass motherfuckers.

On another note, I have got to say for all the stupid shit Trump has done and said the one and only move he has done I can get behind is hiring General Mattis as Secretary of Defense. It is about time someone tells Fat Boy Kim that if he "any use of nuclear weapons would be met with a response that would be effective and overwhelming". I Love it. His whole speech was awesome, telling China we can get along as long as out interest remains mutual in a common cause, and that diplomacy would be the first option. I like the fact Fat Boy Kim has picked the VERY wrong time to threaten the US. A stupid chest pounding leader, backed by a cool calm and collected military man who makes being lethal a top priority. This would be the time to have North Korea do something, because they would never be a problem ever again to anyone once General Mattis did what he does best.

• Upvote 1

Mattis is awesome and I think most people agree, considering his vote to confirm was 97-1. He is proof that even a blind pig can find an acorn. Once in a very great while, Trump does something good.

On an ethical level, however, I really don't know the answer for NK. If they nuke someone, what do you do?

If you do nothing, you let them get away with it. If you blow them to smithereens, you have stooped to their level and killed thousands of innocent civilians- albeit quite a few of them brainwashed, but still. Assassinating Kim doesn't do jack shit, they will just put another idiot in power and spin his assassination as an attack by the West.

Despite my moral qualms with it though, if they actually nuke someone, or if we see them about to, I really don't think you have a choice, you have to send a strong message. If that message is blowing Pyongyang off the face of the planet, then so be it. Otherwise there is nothing stopping them from doing it again. Talk is no longer an option if that happens, and its looking less and less likely like talk will do anything anyway.

Edited by Thanatos

I dont buy into the "Stooping to their level" manta, almost ever. The only thing I can think of in that realm for me is assassinating world leaders. I would have zero qualms with the north being wiped off the face of the earth permanently and letting the south do with that peninsula what they choose. Defending yourself is not stooping to their level.

You wouldn't have any sort of qualms about killing 10k+ innocent civilians?

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

You wouldn't have any sort of qualms about killing 10k+ innocent civilians?

If North Korea attacked...zero...like none...at all...whatsoever. I would sign up for the army again.

War is always hell on civilians, You do what you can to prevent losses, but there will always be unfortunate casualties. If they fire a nuke, the loss of life will be much catastrophic than just the people killed in the initial blast, and you can bet they are not gonna target some sparsely populated area if they do try to fire a nuclear weapon. You charge in there, scorch their fields, put economic pressure on them and starve them until they lose the will to fight back.

• Upvote 1

You either have to go big or not go at all, imo. Droning their asses and causing havoc over extended periods of time will just cause more hostility from locals than what is necessary. It's like in the Middle East where we bomb the shot out of "terrorists" and a ton of civilians for a decade or more ... then we are all surprised when new terror cells form and get all righteous about it. No. Stupid.

Furthermore, any potential big time strike / nuke has to be retaliatory imo. There has to be a loss of American life before I even think about laying waste to tens of thousands of innocent lives. I'm very hasty about acting on "intel" ... so much of that shit can be made up, or propagandized, or just flat out wrong. In certain circumstances, I suppose I could make exceptions but it would be case by case.

You don't disclose evidence during the middle of an investigation, sean.

There were WMDs in Iraq, chemical WMDs. Now we thought there were nukes, but so did the rest of the world, please stop calling it lying unless you have some proof we knew there were no nukes in Iraq but said so anyway. People can make mistakes.

They exposed facts, and that's all. Dear god. And you claim I'm the naive one. It was a play to get Trump elected. Even if that's all Russia did, they still tried to influence the US election. If you think they did that out of the goodness of their widdle hearts to show us who Hillary really was, you have a problem.

Putin just admitted that "well maybe some patriotic hackers did tamper with the US elections" because they heard bad things about Russia from the Clinton camp. He's already trying to get ahead of the intelligence community on this one, because they are going to claim the Russians tried to tamper with our election. Putin is trying to make it seem like they weren't sponsored by the government. The FBI and the CIA have already concluded, back in January, that Putin ordered a campaign to try to swing the election to Trump. That's solid. The only thing they're investigating is whether or not Trump knew about it.

Trump hired a fuckton of people that all have connections to Russia. There's literally a dozen plus people in his cabinet who have ties to Russia.

I'm not 100% claiming he does have Putin in his back pocket, but let the investigation finish. You're a civilian, not a CIA agent working on this, ofc they haven't leaked out any evidence to where you can hear about it- if there is any.

"How do you know they had WMD's? We checked the receipt. We're going in as soon as the check clears." Bill Hicks

However you want to spin it we were lied to or at the very least mislead by intelligence agencies and the media. You don't like Iraq as an example, how about Vienam and the Gulf of Tonkin? How about Iran Contra? There's been like a total of 3 conflicts/wars/intervention/w/e where the US has been justified outside of making a few rich guys richer. I don't believe any of this shit.

• Upvote 1

"How do you know they had WMD's? We checked the receipt. We're going in as soon as the check clears." Bill Hicks

However you want to spin it we were lied to or at the very least mislead by intelligence agencies and the media. You don't like Iraq as an example, how about Vienam and the Gulf of Tonkin? How about Iran Contra? There's been like a total of 3 conflicts/wars/intervention/w/e where the US has been justified outside of making a few rich guys richer. I don't believe any of this shit.

I would say there is more than 3, but I believe your point is valid.

Oh man, Thursday is gonna be awesome. :devious:

You think all the intelligence got together and decided to lie to everyone? You do realize that it wasn't just our intelligence that thought there were WMDs, so did Britain's and the French, for starters.

There's still a strong belief in the CIA that Saddaam did have WMDs and just got them out before we got there.

What was the point of lying about it? To go in for oil? We royally screwed that up if that was the case.

The intelligence relating to Iraq was much more bipartisan, to be fair. Everyone wanted Saddam's head after 9/11. The Russia situation is Democrats vs. Republicans on whether or not Trump did something that should be looked into.

Intelligence agencies can and will play politics to get ahead. They're the same as any other political group.

Sessions and Trump aren't getting along and Sessions has insinuated that he may resign -- per a source.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-suggested-resign-amid-rising/story?id=47875090&cid=social_fb_abcn

Please do it.

Don't fuck with me, man. Don't break my heart.

• Upvote 1

Would anybody see sad to see Sessions go ? To me Sessions is as closed to a KKK member in politics as there is. I find him to be one of the most loathsome people in politics. What I would not give to see Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and Jeff Sessions have to fight to the death for a single winner, and then that winner get punched in the forehead...with a brick.

Jeff Sessions is the worst thing trump has done as president.

Jeff Sessions is the worst thing trump has done as president.

Not that you are wrong but, wow, that is a bold statement. I mean he has done a lot of pretty dumb shit. A guy who has made no real impact one way or the other would seem insignificant in the face of other things, but hey I could see how someone could hate him that bad.

You think all the intelligence got together and decided to lie to everyone? You do realize that it wasn't just our intelligence that thought there were WMDs, so did Britain's and the French, for starters.

There's still a strong belief in the CIA that Saddaam did have WMDs and just got them out before we got there.

What was the point of lying about it? To go in for oil? We royally screwed that up if that was the case.

To secure the petrodollar for one and we didn't take their oil but there sure were some people who go rich and are still getting rich building pipelines and re-building infrastructure. The German's and French also said that there might be wmd's, but that war should be avoided. At least that's as far as I know.

Not that you are wrong but, wow, that is a bold statement. I mean he has done a lot of pretty dumb shit. A guy who has made no real impact one way or the other would seem insignificant in the face of other things, but hey I could see how someone could hate him that bad.

His fighting for incredibly punitive mandatory minimums for the sake of helping the private prison system is most certainly not "no impact one way or the other."

• Upvote 1

Holy fucking shit. Blots and I are on the same page.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

His fighting for incredibly punitive mandatory minimums for the sake of helping the private prison system is most certainly not "no impact one way or the other."

It has not passed and it is not really being discussed at all so it is all for naught really. I mean I agree with you on him being a horrible human being, however, it does not seem that it is going to matter much because people did not really take him seriously at the moment. That is all I was saying is that he really hasn't done anything to affect anybody one way or the other, now if you could have his way the entire country would be in a world of hurt not just criminals but you know every demographic in this country.

The repeal of Dodd Frank or his intention to do so is more frightening to me than his appointment of sessions...thus far. IF Sessions is allowed to have his way though it could be terrifying for the country.

Edited by Omerta

He's already instructed prosecutors to fight for much harsher sentences on drug crimes though. Nothing needs to pass for that.

And the racial implications of that are obvious but we've already had that discussion in another thread.