Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

North Korea poses little to no threat to us. We control some of the baddest people and groups in the world. We sponsor terrorist cells in Israel and Saudi Arabia... Kim is not a good guy but this isnt a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

If the US starts leaving Asia, it creates a void that China will be more than happy to fill.

We don't need a military presence in Asia to protect Japan and South Korea imo.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

Maybe not from a direct war. But in terms of influence in the region? That makes a huge difference.

How come we don't have the same conversation about Canada or Central and South America? As in what would be the response if China we're to have a military presence in any of those places? It would be war. What right does the US have to exert that kind of influence on Asia? Should we stand up for democratically elected governments? Absolutely but I think we both know that that is not the reason why our military is all over the globe. Infact it's the direct opposite is almost every case. Look no further than Iran when we overthrew their democratically elected government so we could control oil in that region.

Edited by seanbrock

Other than electing a dictator , China really doesnt need to wrestle control or influence from us they have it. Heck l, China is the reason Kim isnt a threat. If Kim drops a hydrogen bomb on the USA unprovoked they will both be shunned by their biggest and best ally while they get obliterated by us. Not a great long term plan.

Speaking of long term plans though, China has one. I really think they will be surpassing us in the next half century for good. Their vision of the future is so much clearer than ours (which is practically non existent).

• Upvote 1

The biggest flaw of our version of capitalism is that we only care about quarterly profit. That's reason numero uno that China has a more clear plan for the future. They're not cannibalizing their youth for people that are old and dying. The US is so dumb in sooooo many ways. Just utterly blinded by greed. We deserve to fall.

• Upvote 1

China has influence in North Korea, but not the rest of Asia. At least not as much as they'd like.

And as successful as china has been, they're about to hit a major demographic problem in 20-30 years. Turns out limiting people to one child has drawbacks. Especially when there is social pressure to make sure that child is male.

Edited by blotsfan

Thats also one benefit of having a dictator / leader for life... your plans can shift towards the long term with a lot less stress / repercussions . Im not advocating for that type of government because obviously that can be taken advantage of to do a lot of bad as well...

But Presidents and other politicians we have get elected and are immediately on a timer. And in their relatively short time in office they are expected to rush and do things immediately which isn't always the smartest way to go about a solution to very complex problems.

Thus our government is usually more on the short-term minded side of things. Trump is and has been holding rallies for months ... I see both sides to it. I mean from his (or anyone else's) perspective you're looking to get re-elected ... but at some time ya just have to stop campaigning and get shit done (or at least planned to have done).

And China has been gaining ground in Asia for years , IMO. A reason they've struggled to gain that in the past is because those other Asian nations see them as a huge threat (and rightfully so) and don't want a completely China -dominated region so they prefer going to us or India or wherever else.

But those times are a changin'. China has been working on some of those nations for years and years and are pulling them closer (like Indonesia, Philippines, etc) .

Especially now that Xi has consolidated power, China has the convenience of time and they are and always have been extremely patient. They have their own problems for sure, but that patience is going to pay off for them big time.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Fake liberals are using the exact same tactics to hit Trump's peace talks as the GOP did to hit Obama for his talks with Cuba and Iran. The illusion of choice at play before our very eyes. Stop watching the news. You're being lied to and you're being manipulated.

• Upvote 2

Historic moment, especially if it can gain momentum... Maine voters have chosen to use rank-choice voting for their midterm elections.

State legislators wanted to delay the change until after midterms, but people weren't having ANY OF THAT. lmao. Republican governor is threatening to not certify the election results and allow the courts to settle it.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/392045-maine-votes-to-keep-ranked-choice-voting-system

• Upvote 1

Fake liberals are using the exact same tactics to hit Trump's peace talks as the GOP did to hit Obama for his talks with Cuba and Iran. The illusion of choice at play before our very eyes. Stop watching the news. You're being lied to and you're being manipulated.

No one is trashing trump just for talking to North Korea, you dotard. They're trashing him for

A) Not preparing for such a meeting

B) Giving up a major concession without alerting the military or South Korea.

C) Not getting a thing out of them.

D) Doing all this when he and the republicans trashed Obama for opening relations with Cuba and Iran in a much more effective manner.

E) Showing such great praise for a murderous dictator literally days after publicly trashing all of our closest allies.

In other news: happy birthday mr president.

https://twitter.com/newyorkstateag/status/1007271867298836482

• Upvote 1

Lolblots. Glad you're back bud. You're so close to being on the right side of shit. Just stop being so stubborn and let me show you the way. :D

• Upvote 1

Lolblots. Glad you're back bud. You're so close to being on the right side of shit. Just stop being so stubborn and let me show you the way. :D

Let me guess. You believe North Korea is being unfairly maligned because of the rothchilds.

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Let me guess. You believe North Korea is being unfairly maligned because of the rothchilds.

Nope, I believe they're paranoid because we leveled their country, killed a huge portion of their population and have had our weapons pointed at them ever since. They even stated that the nuclear program was a bargaining chip for them which honestly makes total sense. I think when you look at what happened with Gadaffi after he gave up his weapons it's easy to understand why they might be hesitant to do the same. Especially when the US has wanted regime change there since the inception of their country. No need for an elaborate conspiracy when you just look objectively at the facts and you realize history didn't start ten years ago. It's all about context my man and that's what we'll never get from the news. Edited by seanbrock

That's been brought up a thousand times everywhere. Especially when Bolton explicitly referenced Lybia. None of that changes that trump clearly went into this way more focused on a photo-op that getting anything done.

Who cares what his motivations are? Although I think that's a huge leap to make. I think Trump just can't help but boast and try to draw attention to himself in whatever he does.

I think more than anything if you wanted to point to an alterior motive, I think Trump would like to profit off opening up North Korea but the result would still be a net positive in my mind.

Edited by seanbrock

Who cares what his motivations are? Although I think that's a huge leap to make. I think Trump just can't help but boast and try to draw attention to himself in whatever he does.

It matters when you care so much about the photo that you're willing to make accomplishing something a second priority.

Well man, I guess... agree to disagree? I sure hope you're wrong and those people in North Korea don't have to continue suffering the way they have for so long.

If the cost of peace and loosening our grip as word police was... a photo op. Ill take that trade all day.

If this turns into an Iran Deal where were just giving Kim hundreds of millions of dollars to fund terrorism and pretend like hes done with nuclear weapons... Ill defknitey speak out.

But at least right now, it doesnt seem that way. Seems like Kim mostly wanted assurances that we werent going to flatten his country with an overwhelming military force.... which is completely understandable. Sean said it previously, so I wont repeat too much.... Yes, Kim is a bad guy. But looking at his motivations and actions just in regards to his nuclear tests and how hes dealt with the US ? Makes total sense .

• Upvote 1

If this turns into an Iran Deal where were just giving Kim hundreds of millions of dollars to fund terrorism and pretend like hes done with nuclear weapons... Ill defknitey speak out.

I'm sorry what? Iran followed the deal to the letter and there is literally no evidence that they've done anything to advance their nuclear capabilities that isn't in accordance with it. The Iran deal is basically the best case scenario for North Korea.

• Upvote 1

I get your reservations about the Iran deal but it got them to put their nuclear program on ice. If they fulfilled their end of the bargain, which they did, we should have fulfilled ours. You can't get everything you want in negotiations. I also don't think anyone gave a fuck if they funded terrorism because nobody funds it more than us. It really isn't even close. Hard for us to even understand what all went into that deal but to me, less nukes is probably good.

Edited by seanbrock

Wrong. If were sending them cash considerations to agree with the deal, their motives are in the wrong place.

Wrong. If were sending them cash considerations to agree with the deal, their motives are in the wrong place.

Care to clarify that some? I'm not following that logic.

lol no shit they're only making a deal because it's in their best interests. Who gives a fuck why they're doing it as long as they actually follow through, which all indications are that they have.

Incidentally, the US didnt pay Iran our money. We lifted sanctions and unfroze money of theirs that we had.

• Upvote 1