Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

7 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

As I mentioned earlier... Having the Republican Chair get up there and thank her for her bravery and willingness to come forward doesn't scream "smear campaign" to me. 

Because he's at least smart enough to know it's a bad look to call her a liar to her face.

Edited by blotsfan

Multiple "Republican Strategists" have been interviewed on ABC today and they have all come out and said that Republicans tanked this. That their job was to come out hard, heavy, and do exactly what you say.. Smear her. Discredit her... 

They (republican strategists), said that is NOT what they did.. They were "weak" and "threw Kavanaugh under the bus" 

I don't think being "weak" towards a victim of assault as a bad thing... But if what Republicans did today during that hearing was "smearing"... That was the nicest and kindest smearing maybe in the history of the Senate.

Kavanaugh enters the chamber now.

OK now I'll be fair. Kavanaugh is about to go. If the republicans have the prosecutor grill him rather than ask him some softballs, that will be much less unfair to Ford. 

1 minute ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Good luck with that pipe dream... 

Weren't you the one giving them the benefit of the doubt for the whole prosecutor thing?

In questioning Ford I think it’s the right call. She was nice and fair to Dr. Ford.

When it comes to Kavanaugh though.... ya we’ll see. Hoping the best, expecting something much less. 

"It can't have happened because I was busy on weekends and teenagers on summer break don't ever drink on weeknights."

On 9/18/2018 at 1:35 PM, DalaiLama4Ever said:

I don't know why they just don't give up on this guy already, he's not going to get confirmed, nor should he. The longer they let this drop, the last time they have to ran through their next Uber conservative judge. it's going to happen, just cut bait on this guy, and go after your next guy.

We're going to have a rapist sit on the Supreme Court. We've already had at least one president that's a rapist. I bet Trump is too. I bet a lot of power politicians are sexual predators but we got an up close and personal look this time and it is admittedly very uncomfortable. We have to take this country back from the Oligarchs.

Prosecutor brought that up. She’s doing more than the Democrats. 

Kavanaugh just can't stop perjuring himself.

I don’t think telling the truth under oath is considered perjury. 

Was that sarcasm? He said he didn't watch her and the WSJ says he did. If the WSJ is telling the truth, he just committed perjury.

Not to mention even if we assume she 100% made everything up, the way he lost his cool and attacked Democrats (including calling this a Clinton revenge conspiracy) should disqualify him from being on the Supreme Court.

Edit: wow this twitter account is gold. https://twitter.com/KavanaughLies

Edited by blotsfan

Flake is a yes on kavanaugh. Fuck this trash country 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Was that sarcasm? He said he didn't watch her and the WSJ says he did. If the WSJ is telling the truth, he just committed perjury.

An AIDE told the WSJ... Kavanuagh isnt purgering anything.Not to mention there is nothing to gain with telling people he didn’t watch it... I don’t like the guy, but you guys are off base on that one 

I trust the Wall Street Journal's reporting 1000x more than the man who has lied at literally every step of this process. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

An AIDE told the WSJ... Kavanuagh isnt purgering anything.Not to mention there is nothing to gain with telling people he didn’t watch it... I don’t like the guy, but you guys are off base on that one 

I'm confused as to your point here. Kavanaugh claimed under oath that he did not watch Dr. Ford's testimony. A claim, which, outside of any evidence against it, is absolutely bloody ridiculous just on its face. Like hell he didn't watch the woman, he came out angry as hell and directly attacked claims that were made.

Then we have an aide telling the WSJ that yes, he did watch the testimony. If the aide is telling the truth, then Kavanaugh is guilty of perjury.

As far as why he does it? The man is a serial liar. He would like us to believe that "ralphing" is merely eating spicy food and having an upset stomach because of it, that the Devil's Triangle has nothing to do with alcohol, that a girl being called an alumnus by the high school football team means they are all friends with her, that polygraphs are unreliable and so he won't take one, (certainly an arguable point, but-) a mere two years after endorsing them personally, and that he was legally allowed to drink in Maryland as a senior, (he was not). 

So don't come at me with "why would he lie when there is nothing to gain." Admitting that you broke the law as a senior to get some alcohol is an extremely minor offense that probably half the country has done. Why lie about that when it is easily forgotten? Because he is a serial liar, much like the man who appointed him.

Edited by Thanatos

Whatever you think of the credibility of this guy's witnesses it's pretty clear that he was hiding shit and that he liked under oath. In what universe is this guy qualified to serve on the highest court in the country? That's not even to mention that the guy is in favor of an Orwellian Police State that wipes it's ass with the bill of rights. This guy is fucking dangerous and is basically just some frat douche that I guess was smart or well connected idk.

12 minutes ago, seanbrock said:

Whatever you think of the credibility of this guy's witnesses it's pretty clear that he was hiding shit and that he liked under oath. In what universe is this guy qualified to serve on the highest court in the country? That's not even to mention that the guy is in favor of an Orwellian Police State that wipes it's ass with the bill of rights. This guy is fucking dangerous and is basically just some frat douche that I guess was smart or well connected idk.

He was hand picked by cronies and shadow players in the government. Trump didn’t really want the guy according to ABC. He had his family pushing him for Amy Barrett’s or the judge who his sister recommended whose name slips my mind atm. 

It was Don McGann and his cronies who pushed Kavanaugh very aggressively. My guess is that it’s a favor being repaid to Kavanaugh for being a fraudulent lackey to big brother on the dc district court

• Upvote 1

Trump orders an FBI investigation into the allegations against Kavanaugh. 

Can I just say what a fabulous job the senate photographers are doing for this circus?

IMG_20180928_162907.jpg

DoIJ13pU4AIGt25.png

• Upvote 2