Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

JD just implied that, like skin color and homosexuality, morbid obesity can't be helped. Oh no, cousin Martha and brother Greg became 600lb mountains of fat because of some medical condition they can't control. Rofl

You're right, being mean will be JUST AS INEFFECTIVE as lying to them

So you're saying it has 0 impact on their health so you're just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole.

Stop dressing your bullshit up like there's any facade of nobility behind it. You just like being a jerk to people.

It's easy to like being a jerk when we're told 24/7 that nobody is accountable for any of their self-inflicted problems.

• Upvote 1

Have you considered that maybe instead of looking for excuses to justify being an asshole, you could just try being nice to people?

• Upvote 1

Being an asshole feels better, take it from a canadian who is conditioned to say please, thank you, and sorry all the god damn time.

Although I don't agree with Bware's approach or how he is wording his responses... I agree with his general sentiment.

Making excuses for people doesn't empower them. It only enables them to continue spiraling out of control.

I think some of these obese people need an intervention, from a healthcare professional. Of course they will be treated like respect, as they should be. But they also need to be told how it is and what will happen if they don't make serious lifestyle changes.

• Upvote 2

Lmao did I strike something with you dude? I said our culture is too accepting of people who have severe obesity in terms of catering to them. There is a difference between calling a spade a spade and being a bully. I'm not saying go to obese people and shit talk them. I'm saying make a push as a society to make people value their health more.

Your ignorance strikes something with me, dude. And I don't think you understand what calling a spade a spade means... If you are going to target fat people and then try to act like you meant that you were just going to have society push for overall healthy living... that'[s beating around the bush, not being straight, and definitely not calling a spade a spade. You're either profoundly ignorant, or trying to walk back your previous comments because you realize how ignorant you sounded. I am not sure which.

To be fair, homosexuality and skin color are not choices. Obesity is.

JD just implied that, like skin color and homosexuality, morbid obesity can't be helped. Oh no, cousin Martha and brother Greg became 600lb mountains of fat because of some medical condition they can't control. Rofl

You and Cherry just proved to me what I needed to know.. My post wasn't about being fat, it wasn't about being black and it wasn't about being gay. It was about you singling out people and acting like assholes to people who are different than you.. in any way.

And some obesity is definitely medical and a lot of it has a result of mental health issues. There have been studies done that have linked depression to over-eating and obesity. Obviously that doesn't cover all obese people, but when over half of people who take anti-depressants are at least mildly obese -- I think that's enough to say there is a correlation. Women especially are susceptible...

A lot of times obesity is nothing more than an end result.. And focusing on the end result is not a way to battle an epidemic or problem.

Making fun of a smoker for having a hole cut in their threat is not productive. Making fun of a drug addict for not having teeth is not productive. Making fun of somebody with depression because they have suicidal thoughts is not productive.

If you truly believe that pointing out people or making fun of them is going to lead to "more personal responsibility" or less "self-inflicted problems", you are truly one of the most ignorant people out there... If anything you are only going to make the problem worse -- whether it be drug use, depression or other mental health issues, obesity, etc. You're going to fracture even further a self-esteem that isn't that high to begin with.

Making people feel bad doesn't help anybody but yourself -- because it makes you feel good to tear others down.

It's easy to like being a jerk when we're told 24/7 that nobody is accountable for any of their self-inflicted problems.

I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Banned4Ever

Favre is right. Obesity is often an end that results from a wide range of behaviors. Specifically targeting obesity doesn't accomplish all that much. Regarding mental health issues, again spot on (although of course it depends on the person). Anti-depressants and anti-psychotics can often have side effects including weight gain (how lucky am I that I'm on both?). Let's not even consider the lack of motivation, utter apathy, and self-esteem issues that can accompany a wide range of mental health conditions which can impact a person's eating habits. It's not as simple as obesity being a choice.

What about childhood obesity? I'm talking about kids under age 12 or so.

That is a huuuuuuge issue in the U.S., and the vast majority of obesity in this age group is not caused by medication. It is caused by poor diet and a lack of exercise. At some point we have to hold people accountable... not just for their own health, but that of their children.

• Upvote 2

Your ignorance strikes something with me, dude. And I don't think you understand what calling a spade a spade means... If you are going to target fat people and then try to act like you meant that you were just going to have society push for overall healthy living... that'[s beating around the bush, not being straight, and definitely not calling a spade a spade. You're either profoundly ignorant, or trying to walk back your previous comments because you realize how ignorant you sounded. I am not sure which.

Ignorance? Where the fuck did I say go bully fat people? Our culture of making obesity acceptable is a problem, and if we're ever going to have universal healthcare we'll need a society that doesn't raise rates by being more prone to medical problems. I didn't say go target fat people. I said stop babying fat people and pretending they're all beautiful people who aren't to blame for their problems. By calling a spade a spade I meant calling someone who is so obese they can hardly walk around a problem.

You and Cherry just proved to me what I needed to know.. My post wasn't about being fat, it wasn't about being black and it wasn't about being gay. It was about you singling out people and acting like assholes to people who are different than you.. in any way.

And some obesity is definitely medical and a lot of it has a result of mental health issues. There have been studies done that have linked depression to over-eating and obesity. Obviously that doesn't cover all obese people, but when over half of people who take anti-depressants are at least mildly obese -- I think that's enough to say there is a correlation. Women especially are susceptible...

A lot of times obesity is nothing more than an end result.. And focusing on the end result is not a way to battle an epidemic or problem.

Making fun of a smoker for having a hole cut in their threat is not productive. Making fun of a drug addict for not having teeth is not productive. Making fun of somebody with depression because they have suicidal thoughts is not productive.

If you truly believe that pointing out people or making fun of them is going to lead to "more personal responsibility" or less "self-inflicted problems", you are truly one of the most ignorant people out there... If anything you are only going to make the problem worse -- whether it be drug use, depression or other mental health issues, obesity, etc. You're going to fracture even further a self-esteem that isn't that high to begin with.

Making people feel bad doesn't help anybody but yourself -- because it makes you feel good to tear others down.

I feel sorry for you.

Don't you fucking dare make this a "different than you" game. I've struggled with my weight since I was in 5th grade. I've reached points where I had bigger tits than my girlfriend because I was so fucking fat. So don't you dare ever pretend like I don't know what goes into eating disorders and being medically obese, because I've been there.

I'm not saying go make fun of others. I'm saying to address that there is a problem and what options there are to solve it. If they don't want to solve it, then fine, but they must accept the medical repercussions and be willing to pay the toll of their actions. It just depends on the person on how we should address this problem. Some people need a heart to heart. Some people need to be fucking shredded. But that's something that friends and family should act on, and a healthy image is what society as a whole should push for.

• Upvote 2

If you've lived it, I expect better from you, especially. Never forget where you've come from.

I've lived it so I know how bullshit of an excuse it is to pretend like it's anything but yourself that results in weight gain.

Edited by Chernobyl426

I've lived it so I know how bullshit of an excuse it is to pretend like it's anything but yourself that results in weight gain.

This is not always the case, Cherry. I agree with your overall sentiment, but there are cases where obesity is an absolute nightmare to try to get out of. Things like PCOS make it very difficult to drop any weight which basically means you can't ever gain it in the first place.

That said, America absolutely has an obesity problem, and we also have a problem of not treating it like a big deal, which it is. The solution is not going to be one that will fit everybody, each individual person is different. It certainly isn't the same in 95% of cases as homosexuality and skin color, it is a choice in the vast majority of cases.

I would just basically be copying Than's post, so I won't do that. BUt I will say that you should know that everyone and the underlying problems or causes for their obesity changes. Not everyone faces the same problems the same way and not everyone gets to the same point in the same manner.

Thinking that the world and every obese person out there is exactly as you were when you were obese is laughable.

At least Cherry is consistent with his views. Some of you are mister personal responsibility until it comes to something you've had to deal with lol. I still say that the FDA needs to step in and look at some of the chemicals that are used in our foods. Personally I don't care about fat shaming. It will never go away and people definitely aren't afraid to fat shame either. It's a part of life. You're going to be criticized. I mean, this goes for any form of bullying really. This is a made up non-issue with virtually zero significance. More or less fat shaming has no impact of the obesity issue or if it does it's minimal.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

This is not always the case, Cherry. I agree with your overall sentiment, but there are cases where obesity is an absolute nightmare to try to get out of. Things like PCOS make it very difficult to drop any weight which basically means you can't ever gain it in the first place.

That said, America absolutely has an obesity problem, and we also have a problem of not treating it like a big deal, which it is. The solution is not going to be one that will fit everybody, each individual person is different. It certainly isn't the same in 95% of cases as homosexuality and skin color, it is a choice in the vast majority of cases.

See this is strange because PCOS was not really a big thing until recently. It is almost as if the disease was made up. To this day it is not classified as a disease just a set of symptoms, but when you look at those symptoms they are synonymous with being overweight. Seriously looking at the effects they can all also be caused by poor diet and no exercise.

I have an obstetrician/dietitian in the family and she will openly admit it, that it is something that is a made up disease that has never existed in society before until we looked for a reason to absolve poor choices. Basically she will say that it is a disease that fat women made up.

I am not sure about all that but what the research does show is that it can be managed to the point of no symptoms with diet and exercise which is also a cure for obesity. The research also shows there is no common causes, no patters of symptoms, no common presentations or onsets in different demographics, and really there is no rhyme or reason to it.

All this is to really say is that PCOS may well be something that we should investigate and quit diagnosing so that people will have to come to terms with what got them in bad shape. There are countless "hero pieces" on the web of women having trouble conceiving and then they lose weight, conceive, and they no longer have the issues they once did. I am just not sure I buy PCOS as a real "disease".

AS to shaming, it should not be a crime to expect people to be accountable for their health. That said, you also should not wake up in the morning trying to ruin a persons day. If a person is big, odds are they know it. The odds also are they have heard a million times how to get rid of it (diet and exercise). So there is a big difference between telling relatives"Hey, I want you around in ten years so you need to make better choices for your family and friends, but most of all for you" versus " Jesus fat fuck, would you quit sweating Crisco on me and do something about your slovenly appearance, you are embarrassing me"

I really would like to see some substantiated peer reviewed data about PCOS that meets the criteria of a disease, but there is none yet.

Edited by Omerta

Would it be a stretch to say that the primary reason we are a bunch of landborne whales is due to bad decisions? I sure don't think so.

As for childhood obesity, totally the parents' fault.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Yes it would be a stretch. there has been a concerted effort over many decades by corporate marketing campaigns to create a culture of mindless consumerism and there are chemicals in our foods that cause people to be addicted to them. Do you have the freedom of choice to not be a fat fuck? Sure and most people exercise that freedom of choice to not be a fat fuck, but this marketing stuff works on everyone in some sense, in some way. Obesity and childhood obesity is a more nuanced problem than "people are fat because it's not ok to make fun of them though.' People still make fun of fat people all the time. It does need to be addressed though because it is a big reason why our health care is so much more expensive than everyone elses. At the same time a lot of the costs of health care have everything to do with greed and nothing to do with personal responsibility.

You know, it is pretty fucking crazy that we live in a country that thinks chicken wings are some sort of amazing food.

• Downvote 3

You know, it is pretty fucking crazy that we live in a country that thinks chicken wings are some sort of amazing food.

Eat shit and die.

• Upvote 1

Eat shit and die.

Wide right!

Its pretty fucking crazy you dont think chicken wings are awesome...dafuq?

Meh. They have to be great or they aren't worth eating. Either a truly excellent sauce or dry rub.

There's actually a great wing place in Grand Forks, ND, where I went to college. The Parrot's Cay, famous for the "shark sauce" wings (their homemade buffalo and barbecue sauces blended together). Thosr paeticular wings are often ranked top 20-50 nationwide. I'm partial to their blackened dry rubbed wings, myself, but their other food is way better, even though the wings are great.

Wings are messy, tough to eat, and just plain boring if they aren't fantastic.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Meh. They have to be great or they aren't worth eating. Either a truly excellent sauce or dry rub.

There's actually a great wing place in Grand Forks, ND, where I went to college. The Parrot's Cay, famous for the "shark sauce" wings (their homemade buffalo and barbecue sauces blended together). Thosr paeticular wings are often ranked top 20-50 nationwide. I'm partial to their blackened dry rubbed wings, myself, but their other food is way better, even though the wings are great.

Wings are messy, tough to eat, and just plain boring if they aren't fantastic.

joe-dirt-4copy.jpg

people-trump-donald-middle-finger.jpg

Wings are awesome.

• Upvote 2