Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Browns make it rain

Browns signed LB Jamie Collins to a four-year, $50 million contract through 2020.

The deal had been in the works for days but finally became official on Monday. Collins' new contract calls for $26 million in guaranteed money. "Jamie was great to have in our building this season, and we look forward to him being a Cleveland Brown for a number of years to come," said Browns Executive VP of Football Operations Sashi Brown. Collins had been in the last year of his rookie contract, which prompted his mid-season trade from New England. He's now the fourth highest-paid linebacker on an annual basis behind Von Miller, Justin Houston and Clay Matthews.

:makinitrain:

I'm pretty surprised he didn't entertain offers on the market. Maybe Hue really is changing the culture there?

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty surprised he didn't entertain offers on the market. Maybe Hue really is changing the culture there?

Honestly the Browns can be what the Titans were this year. Kessler may not be the guy but he didn't lose them games. They have guys in the front 7 that are solid.

They get a few pieces on both sides and they could take a big step forward. They lost alot of close games as well. With a flip of a coin they are around 4-12 this past year. They were better then their record. Considering who they had in that secondary and still played teams close is a good sign for the future. Well see if it actually goes that though.

I think in 2 years it probably won't look like they overpaid, but this was probably the only way they could have kept him anyway. The Browns are another one of those teams that I would like to see get it together. I'm a big fan of Hue Jackson. He was long overdue for another HC opportunity. Give this man a good young QB and the Browns can turn it around. I was arguing with Sarge about this the other day but a franchise QB and a good HC are the two most important things you can have to be a winning football team. I really believe they have one of those things already. If any fan base ever deserved a taste of success it's Cleveland Browns fans. Says a lot to stick by a team that's been this bad for this long imo.

Edited by seanbrock

Biased person here, but the Browns have to improved a little bit after last year. Coaching seems to be there and there are obvious talents on both sides of the ball, just need to put it together and get us some Oline and a QB. Maybe then....