Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Who's The Best WR In The League?

Brown wasn't shut down really. He didn't have a big game but it's virtually impossible to keep the guy from getting at least a few catches and moving the chains. It's something consider for sure though if Jones has a bug game but idt one game should be the deciding factor in this debate. I don't think you can really say Brown chokes because he's had big games in the playoffs too.

You don't think if Julio posts 10 receptions/ 180 yards/ 1 TD in the biggest game of the year against the dynasty of the 2000's isn't going to elevate his status?

Lay off the bong.

Shit as much as I love OBJ he's not the best receiver in the league. Once he gets his emotions in check and can play better in the cold then yes. Otherwise he's not far off.

This is tough for me, Julio has been at this level for a good few years now but injuries and an awful Falcons the last few years had him under the radar.

Brown has been ridiculous the last couple of years, been on an average team but has avoided the injury bug and been huge in keeping the Steelers competitive.

Right now I'd love to say Julio just because of his play this year but I've got to say Brown.

Green is definitely in contention as well, 9/10 straight seasons with over 1000 yards receiving ain't nothing to be sniffed at.

They're gonna give h8m the TO treatment. Let him do what he'll do up until the Falcons get into the red zone. Then they'll clamp down on him and make someone else beat them down there. It's also far from a given that he beats Butler who is arguably the best CB in the game.

AB was basically shut down until the fourth quarter when the game was out of reach, sean. 7 catches/77 yards in total, not even close to AB numbers.

If Julio goes off for like 8/150/1 TD, that doesn't have any bearing on this discussion at all?

I'm not saying it doesn't at all but 1 game shouldn't be the deciding factor.

• Upvote 1

Bill does defense almost as good as anybody and his personnel is usually lacking. He makes sure to take away what the team does best -- if Julio goes off, it's because Hoodie let him go off.

it won't have much bearing in my mind.

• Upvote 1

Except this year he has a top 5 CB in the league at his disposal. It's far from a given that Julio goes off.

Bill does defense almost as good as anybody and his personnel is usually lacking. He makes sure to take away what the team does best -- if Julio goes off, it's because Hoodie let him go off.

it won't have much bearing in my mind.

So its impossible to beat Belichek. If Julio goes off and the Falcons lose to the Patriots anyway, you have a point. If the Falcons blow the Pats out and Julio is a big reason why, that's a really dumb argument to make.

I would be shocked beyond belief if the Falcons blow the Pats out lol. I don't see where he said Belichick is impossible to beat either. He just said he's one of the best defensive minds in the game which is pretty hard to dispute. The fact that there are so many is involved in this discussion sure makes it seem like Antonio Brown is better. I think the TD's argument is still there to be honest regardless of the outcome of one game. Having a WR as big and physical as Jones and still having the red zone issues the Falcons have had in years past is a bit perplexing. You could blame it on Matt Ryan and you'd be right to a large extent but they were way better in the red zone. Matt Ryan had and MVP season and Julio still didn't catch that many TD's.

So its impossible to beat Belichek. If Julio goes off and the Falcons lose to the Patriots anyway, you have a point. If the Falcons blow the Pats out and Julio is a big reason why, that's a really dumb argument to make.

If the Falcons somehow blow the Patriots out, it's going to be likely that it doesn't matter if Julio does damage or not.

Yeah if the Pats get blown out The Falcons defense will have had to play out of their minds although if Julio and Ryan put up 2 or 3 TD's early and get a nice lead their defense will be able to pin it's ears back and play with the lead. Only way that happens is an early turn over though which would likely be a fumble either by a skill player on a special teams fuck up. This team has some pass rushers but nothing close to what the Giants had when they beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown

According to Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Antonio Brown "frequently ran the wrong patterns" when he was frustrated this season.

Cook attributed the lapses to a "lack of focus" but also wondered whether Brown ran the wrong routes intentionally as a way of pouting for not getting enough touches. In the article Cook makes the case for trading Brown, citing his "look-at-me antics," including an incident against the Dolphins when he prevented the Steelers from running their two-minute offense by jogging back to the line of scrimmage. Brown was also frequently flagged for excessive celebration and was criticized by both Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger for live-streaming Tomlin's post-game speech after beating the Chiefs in the Divisional Round. Despite some of these head-scratching distractions, Brown was still extremely productive this year and has already begun extension talks with the Steelers.

-----------

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/29/NFL-salary-cap-should-compel-Steelers-to-trade-Brown-Antonio-wide-receiver-NFL-contract/stories/201701290090

Question here for you guys: If Julio breaks out against New England on Sunday, does that help settle this debate given that AB was basically shut down when it mattered against the Patriots?

No. Football is too complex, too multi-faceted to make such a decision based on one game for each player. They're neck and neck regardless of what happens today.

I know I've said this before, but the Pittsburgh Post Gazette is fucking trash. Ron Cook is far less egregious than Ed Bouchette or Gerry Dulac, but that paper is all about sucking off the organization. I have felt more and more annoyed with AB and his "antics," but I don't think there's any way he runs the wrong routes without Ben lightly calling him out through the media like he has with Martavis Bryant, Tomlin multiple times, et cetera.

1. Brown

2. Julio

3. Beckham

4. Evans

5. Aj Green

With Doug Baldwin and Deandre Hopkins breathing down AJ Green's neck.

My top 5

1. Jones :Falcons:

2. Antonio Brown :Steelers:

3. Mike Evans :Bucs:

4. AJ Green :Bengals:

5. OBJ :Giants:

Mike Evans should be top 5 pls.

​In 2016. Mike Evans was a top 5 WR for sure. Hell, PFF graded him as the best if I'm not mistaken. But he needs another season like that to crack this list overall, because in 2015 he led the league in drops and was one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

• Upvote 1

​In 2016. Mike Evans was a top 5 WR for sure. Hell, PFF graded him as the best if I'm not mistaken. But he needs another season like that to crack this list overall, because in 2015 he led the league in drops and was one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

I love this. I have long been a proponent of blending current success with past performance when evaluating players. I always point to the one crazy Brandon Lloyd season where everyone wanted to put him in their top 10 and draft him in fantasy and he went back to being shitty.