Sign in to follow this  
TheLand

Browns Mock Draft

Round 1/1 - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

Natural pass rusher with a blinding first step. This pick should be done the instant the Browns are on the clock.

Round 1/12 -

Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

Browns secondary is terrible. A good pass rush could make it better. But we need another corner. Lattimore has good size and athletic ability.

Round 2/1

Ethan Pocic, C/G, LSU

We need everything on the OL besides LT and even Joe Thomas is towards the end of his career here. Pocic can play Center or Guard. It doesn't really matter as we are trash at both.

Round 2/52

Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M

Again more help for a porous secondary. Greg Williams should have some fun coaching these guys up and fitting them into what they do best.

Round 3/65

Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson

Danny Shelton needs someone next to him that doesn't blow. Shelton really stepped it up this year and I think that continues with Greg Williams taking over. Watkins was a monster this season.

Round 4/97

Jake Butt, TE, Michigan

OK he may not last this long. But a devastating knee injury is going to hurt his stock badly considering how deep and talented this TE class is. He may be more of a luxury pick and since we have 1 million draft picks its worth a shot.

Round 5 - 7 Later I suppose.

Edited by TheLand

Why Pocic over Dielman, Orlosky, or Elflein?

Would be interesting to see how Watkins fits in if they run a 4-3 with Shelton anchoring and Watkins rushing. Not a huge Watkins guy, but Ogbah-Watkins-Shelton-Nassib would be fun.

If the Browns pass on taking a QB through the first four rounds I'll be extremely surprised.

It would be the smart thing, tbh. Thus, I fully expect the Browns to take Deshaun Watson with the first overall pick.

There may be no QBs in this draft.

We need a QB. LeCharley said if you want to improve your line, pick up a good QB. That is pretty damn right on

We need a QB. LeCharley said if you want to improve your line, pick up a good QB. That is pretty damn right on

I don't agree with that when it comes to a rookie QB. You need an OL to protect him. Everything is moving so fast for them they will get gun shy. Look at what happened to David Carr. Big Ben was killed early in his career too.

Also yes, I know we need a QB. But we've been in this continuous cycle of QBs because we keep taking guys who aren't good enough to succeed. We need to start developing guys and stop moving on so quickly. Give Kessler another year to prove something. I don't like any QB in this draft besides Kizer and he will be gone by pick 12. I'm also not a huge fan of taking a QB after early round 2. It's such a rarity those guys pan out.

• Upvote 2

Don't get me wrong, Cody is never going to carry that franchise, but he's more than capable of being the starter for a couple years and doing okay. If you have an opportunity to get a guy you love, you take them though. I'd take Kizer #1 without second thought if I'm Cleveland, but if you don't have THAT guy just roll out Cody and build a roster up around him.

Kessler may not be the answer. But why take another QB who also likely isn't? None of the QBs in this draft are overly impressive. You have a 1 year starter in Trubisky, Kizer is the best of the bunch but even can't seem to put everything together, Watson needs a lot of work and he would start right away here. He is best off on a team with a good veteran QB who can mentor him for a few years.

I think Trubisky and Kizer would both be solid week one starters for the Browns, the question is whether or not they should build from the ground up or just take a QB and build around that QB. Personally, I would have no problem with the Browns throwing the top pick at Kizer or Trubisky if they have a good plan for the rest of the draft, and for the next few years of building. The question is, do you think missing Kizer or Trubisky is worth the haul you're gonna get from trading out of the #1 overall pick? I don't know if I would sit in the spot and pick when there is so much more the Browns need overall.

No no no. Browns have used this method for years and we suck because of it. Take the BPA at #1 and stop drafting for need when the guy there isnt worth it. Trubisky would be the hometown hero story so it wouldn't shock me if Haslam stuck his nose in the pick and demanded him.

Edited by TheLand

No no no. Browns have used this method for years and we suck because of it. Take the BPA at #1 and stop drafting for need when the guy there isnt worth it. Trubisky would be the hometown hero story so it wouldn't shock me if Haslam stuck his nose in the pick and demanded him.

Do you really think Myles Garrett is worth 3-4 high round picks? I don't think so. I'd rather trade back and get a haul then pick non-QB at #1.

Also, I completely disagree that draft strategy matters over the talent involved. If Kizer is great you don't pass because you're scared of what happens if you miss. You take your shots and hope your evaluation was right.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Uh yes? We already have tons of picks. It's time to start filling out the roster with difference makers and he is.

Alao, the route of filling a roster with talent and then trying to find your QB fails more then it succeeds. Only the best drafting teams in today's league can pull that off and if the Browns have shown anything, they aren't that. And then there's a good chance you end up like the Chiefs, forever stuck in just good enough to make the playoffs and never go all the way cause your QB sucks.

Im all for drafting BPA, in fact that's all I preach and during the draft game we play here I'm the first guy contacted of someone wants to trade down.

But if you're going to find your QB of the future, chances are it'd be in the top 10. At some point you've got to start taking that risk.

And even if I was to pretend that Kessler has enough talent to where he should be starting for anyone.... The guy got concussion twice within about a 30 day window. If his brain isn't already scrambled eggs, give him another 16 games and it will be.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F