Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

City of San Diego Wants Raiders

In the wake of Tuesday’s news that the Raiders’ bid for Las Vegas is in peril, Mayor Kevin Faulconer spoke with an NFL official to let the league know the city is eager to engage when appropriate. Multiple sources said another person representing the city exchanged calls with a Raiders official, though it is not clear whether the sides spoke.

Questions about whether San Diego should or could provide a landing spot for a disenfranchised franchise aside, it should be noted that the city’s foray into the other type of football could actually be a boon to such a quest.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/columnists/kevin-acee/sd-sp-acee-0201-story.html

We have both Raiders and Chargers relocation threads, but this kind of eals with both so I made a new one.

Kind of an asshole move, if they are at all serious. Letting the Chargers slip away only to court the better team...

I don't think you can blame SD at all for losing the Chargers.

I'm really not into this idea, but I do think SD got screwed.

San Diego is at fault, not wanting to try and make a real offer to keep the Chargers

• Downvote 2

San Diego is at fault, not wanting to try and make a real offer to keep the Chargers

They offered the Chargers a 1 dollar a year lease for 99 years for the Qualcomm Stadium site. The NFL was pitching in more than it needed to. The owner is just a mega douche

They offered the Chargers a 1 dollar a year lease for 99 years for the Qualcomm Stadium site. The NFL was pitching in more than it needed to. The owner is just a mega douche

No the Point is Chargers want a new Stadium not the stadium they been in forever

This makes the Chargers even more irrelevant to NFL fans. What a fucking mess.

Kind of an asshole move, if they are at all serious. Letting the Chargers slip away only to court the better team...

Didn't they just say they're giving the Raiders the same offer as the Chargers?

• Upvote 1

Im all for it. Always been a San Diego fan first, don't care what the team is called or looks like, ill be diehard as I can. I sympathize with real Oakland fans that are losing their team, but I will gladly take the Raiders. A good family friend of mine has a high up personal connection with the Raiders franchise and has maintained through the whole process that the Raiders would love to move to SD if Oakland didn't work out.

the big question is how long would it take announcers to figure out the games between the San Diego Raiders and the Los Angeles Chargers?

• Upvote 1

All this shit going on with the debacled Raiders relocation is the most Raiders news that ever Raidered. Al Davis would be proud. :yao:

• Upvote 2

During Super Bowl week too. If The Raiders were meant for any city other than Oakland it was Vegas though.