BLUE

Super Bowl LI - Falcons vs Pats

Super Bowl LI  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • New England Patriots

Hahaha, of course Tom has to cement his legacy by pulling off the greatest comeback in super bowl history.

Why were the Falcons content to rush 4 when that clearly wasn't working?

Congrats, Phil.

I don't want to live on this world anymore.

This is your fault, Vin.

Obviously not thrilled about this... James White tho, my god

Told ya that boy could play :phew:

The one that took the Falcons out of fg looked like he was trying to put him a sleeper. Lol

• Upvote 1

It was three hours ago and I'm still honestly in shock. Greatest SB performance ever brought on by the greatest player ever. People look back on another GOAT in their respective sport in Michael Jordan, and there is a sense of wonder as to what it's like to see THE greatest play in their prime. We got to see that tonight from Brady. If there was any question as to who the best ever is, it's gone. 25 point deficit and a 31-0 run in essentially a quarter and some change.

Kinda fun to think how the game would have turned out if he wouldn't have been trash for the first three quarters.

Oh, and:

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/828450046756737025

Edited by Vin

Tom Brady is the GOAT. Accept it. Literally him and the Hoodie will that team to win. As soon as that sack/fumble by Hightower happened it was game over. Atlanta's defense was gassed and the Falcons offensive play calling that got them the lead, had no idea how to adjust and maintain one.

You had a drive that took you to the Patriots 20 with under two minutes left and you literally fuck yourself into being out of FG range with no timeouts.

A world champion organization like the Pats will take next to nothing and win. I hate the Pats but that was an incredible game.

They better buckle up the... a storms a coming :Raiders:

I think it is safe to say Kyle Shanahan "threw" that game in the end.

Tom Brady is not 5he goat lol. The Patriots are 14 and 5 without Tom Brady and have still had one of the leagues top offenses without Brady. There is no other hall of fame QB in the history of the game whose team had that much success. Put Scott Tolzein in for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would probably lose and lose badly to the fucking Browns. We saw how the Colts fell apart without Peyton until Luck. Than was saying it was a small sample size or some bullshit but show me a QB with a better sample size. The Patriots looked like the best team in the league without Brady AND Gronk. Brady is a hall of fame and an all time great but the Pats success has MUCH more to do with Belichick. I'd say like 70/30 in Belichick's favor.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Tom Brady was the reason they got so behind to begin with... It's the Andre Luck Effect.

Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. is not 5he goat lol. The Patriots are 14 and 5 without Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. and have still had one of the leagues top offenses without Brady. There is no other hall of fame QB in the history of the game whose team had that much success. Put Scott Tolzein in for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would probably lose and lose badly to the fucking Browns. We saw how the Colts fell apart without Peyton until Luck. Than was saying it was a small sample size or some bullshit but show me a QB with a better sample size. The Patriots looked like the best team in the league without Brady AND Gronk. Brady is a hall of fame and an all time great but the Pats success has MUCH more to do with Belichick. I'd say like 70/30 in Belichick's favor.

Lmfao. Really Sean? This dude just led the greatest comeback in NFL history to get his fifth fucking ring and he's not the GOAT? Maybe could say there have been guys with more talent, but if we're talking pure legacy it's Tom and it's not even close. You don't judge a guy's success based on what ifs. Brady is the most accomplished player in the history of the sport.

• Upvote 2

Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. was the reason they got so behind to begin with... It's the Andre Luck Effect.

:yao: Even though Blount was averaging a yard a carry and his receivers were dropping everything. Don't forget his defense pooped. Brady played decent throughout the entire game, his team just didn't step up until the second half.

:yao: Even though Blount was averaging a yard a carry and his receivers were dropping everything. Don't forget his defense pooped. Brady played decent throughout the entire game, his team just didn't step up until the second half.

Brady WAS NOT playing decent through the entire game. Lmao. Dude was off target for most of 3 quarters. Blount did suck for sure. But luckily he had JAMES FUCKING WHITE in the backfield. And his defense played fine. The Falcons averaged 34 points a game in the regular season..

Pats defense gave up 21, limited the Falcons to ONE 3rd down conversion...and only 23 minutes of possession compared to the Patriots 40.

The defense is why the Patriots won this game.

• Upvote 1

I thought Blount was a game changer at the running back position? :rog:

• Upvote 1

Lmfao. Really Sean? This dude just led the greatest comeback in NFL history to get his fifth fucking ring and he's not the GOAT? Maybe could say there have been guys with more talent, but if we're talking pure legacy it's Tom and it's not even close. You don't judge a guy's success based on what ifs. Brady is the most accomplished player in the history of the sport.

It's not what if's lol. It's concrete facts. No team has been able to replace stars like the Patriots. I doesn't seem to matter who it is, the Patriots seem to find a way to win and Tom Brady so far has been no exception to that. This is a team that won PLAYOFF games with Troy Brown at CB. They traded away one if not arguably their best defensive players, lost Gronk to IR and still won the Super Bowl. Like I said, they're 14-5 without Brady, he's just another part of Belichick's machine. He's the most important part but he's still replaceable and you can't say that about any other hall of fame QB.
  • Upvote 1

It's not what if's lol. It's concrete facts. No team has been able to replace stars like the Patriots. I doesn't seem to matter who it is, the Patriots seem to find a way to win and Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. so far has been no exception to that. This is a team that won PLAYOFF games with Troy Brown at CB. They traded away one if not arguably their best defensive players, lost Gronk to IR and still won the Super Bowl. Like I said, they're 14-5 without Brady, he's just another part of Belichick's machine. He's the most important part but he's still replaceable and you can't say that about any other hall of fame QB.

Tom Brady? Replaceable?

I guarantee if Matt Cassell or Jimmy G were in that situation yesterday or any other Pats SB victory in the past decade they would not win.

I agree that Brady is better than they are. Like I said, he's the most important piece to the puzzle but he's a hell of a lot more replaceable than any other top flight QB in the league. Like I said, the Pats looked like the best team in the league this year without their two best players. One of them being their QB. Even when teams like the Steelers win games without Ben, their offense isn't looking as good as the Patriots did. Pats DESTROYED Houston without Brady and Gronk and they were a playoff team.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

Congrats to the Patriots who are now 5 and New York Giants in the Super Bowl!!!!

Brady WAS NOT playing decent through the entire game. Lmao. Dude was off target for most of 3 quarters. Blount did suck for sure. But luckily he had JAMES FUCKING WHITE in the backfield. And his defense played fine. The Falcons averaged 34 points a game in the regular season..

Pats defense gave up 21, limited the Falcons to ONE 3rd down conversion...and only 23 minutes of possession compared to the Patriots 40.

The defense is why the Patriots won this game.

He had five bad passes, if my memory is correct. Pick where he missed lurking DB and open guy over middle. Terrible play. He slammed it into the dirt on the left side of the field when he expected Edelman on a comeback. He made a huge mistake throwing to the middle with Edelman and Hogan crossing each other. Made a bad play over the middle where he just panicked and threw it into the dirt. Then he had the obvious tip pass that Edelman bullshitted.

James White had an average game where he just loaded up on Brady dump-off passes. He was far from great. Good performance, but nothing outstanding at all.

I thought Blount was a game changer at the running back position? :rog:

That's BC words. Not mine. :badass: Blount has always been garbage.

• Downvote 1

was mocking Weapon. :smug: