ATL_Predator

Tom The Great

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady broke three single-game passing records at Super Bowl LI, added to four of his own career passing records, became the first player to play in seven Super Bowls and tied a record by being the second player to play on the winning team in five Super Bowls.

Add up those and the two single-game records Brady owned in previous Super Bowls, and he’s now the record holder for 11 different official NFL Super Bowl records. Here’s the complete list:

• RECORDS BRADY SET AT SUPER BOWL LI

Most games played: 7

Most pass attempts, career: 309

Most pass attempts, game: 62

Most pass completions, career: 207

Most pass completions, game: 43

Most passing yards, career:2,071

Most passing yards, game:466

Most passing touchdowns, career: 15

• RECORD BRADY TIED AT SUPER BOWL LI

Most games, winning team: 5 (tied with Charles Haley)

• RECORDS BRADY SET AT OTHER SUPER BOWLS

Most consecutive completions: 16 at Super Bowl XLVI

Most pass attempts without an interception in a game: 48 at Super Bowl XLII

~Per PFT

Not to mention, he does also have 4 SB MVP's another record.

Brady is a legend, that keeps going and going and shows no signs of slowing down.

He's a winner and he is going to be severely missed when him and the Hoodie eventually bow out from the NFL together at whatever point that may be. I'm not a Brady fan, but you can't deny greatness, or the greatest QB in the modern era.

But. According to seanbrock, this man is a product of a system/replaceable.

I used to hate Brady, but now I just can't help but respect and applaud the man for what he's done. You can say he's a product of the system all you want but you can't argue against 5 rings and 4 Super Bowl MVPs. You just can't, sorry.

• Upvote 2

Brady ... keeps going and going and shows no signs of slowing down.

christian-bale-wtf.gif

christian-bale-wtf.gif

Just because you hate him and he had a few off throws in the SB doesn't mean he's gonna stop doing what he's doing.

He's going to keep doing what matters...winning... and beating your Jags senselessly til you accept him as the GOAT.

There's no point in me re-stating my points. Just know that everyone in this thread but Vin and Zack are wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

he had a few off throws

few

unsure.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Vin acting like Tom is slowing down, but he just had 28 TDs and 2 INTs in 12 games this season, meanwhile PeyPey led league in turnovers last year.

Jags

PeyPey

D6l8fu1.gif

Vin acting like Tom is slowing down, but he just had 28 TDs and 2 INTs in 12 games this season, meanwhile PeyPey led league in turnovers last year.

lol Peyton suffered a brutal neck injury that he had to get stem cells injected into so he could continue to play for a couple years. An absolutely retarded and totally irrelevant comparison and I'm just well documented of a Peyton hater as I am Brady. Like, what does Peyton even have to with this conversation at all? Edited by seanbrock
  • Downvote 1

*Alexander the Great. No, I'm not talking about Ovi -- the Iron Maiden song. :smug:

The only argument against Tom Brady as the GOAT is that he is not the most talented to ever play. In terms of actual legacy written in the stone, he's not touched in overall achievements. IMO GOAT is the guy with the greatest legacy, not the guy with the greatest talent.

D6l8fu1.gif

I'm simply trashing how you evaluate the quarterback position.

• Upvote 1

Cheaters sometimes win. :shrug:

So much salt running through your veins.

Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.

Would all the people who seem to think him to be the goat woulda continued thinking that had he lost in OT?

I know, he didn't, so this it doesn't really matter. But I've never been a believer that one game makes or breaks someone's legacy. I don't see Brady as the GOAT, because the way I see it, gun to my head, and had to select one QB in his prime to lead my team I wouldn't chose Brady.

It's pretty clear that accomplishments that are as much a reflection of a team then any individual player always plays a role in these. And if that's what everyone is going by, then yea, he's the GOAT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Would all the people who seem to think him to be the goat woulda continued thinking that had he lost in OT?

I know, he didn't, so this it doesn't really matter. But I've never been a believer that one game makes or breaks someone's legacy. I don't see Brady as the GOAT, because the way I see it, gun to my head, and had to select one QB in his prime to lead my team I wouldn't chose Brady.

It's pretty clear that accomplishments that are as much a reflection of a team then any individual player always plays a role in these. And if that's what everyone is going by, then yea, he's the GOAT.

Tell us who you'd choose... Edited by MackAttack

And I'm just saying that neither the Jags nor PeyPey have anything to do with the topic of Tom Brady.

• Upvote 1

The only argument against Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. as the GOAT is that he is not the most talented to ever play. In terms of actual legacy written in the stone, he's not touched in overall achievements. IMO GOAT is the guy with the greatest legacy, not the guy with the greatest talent.

GOAT is the guy with the best balance of both talent & legacy.

And I'm just saying that neither the Jags nor PeyPey have anything to do with the topic of Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr..

Your hate for Brady is well documented. All I want you to say is Brady will forever and always be a better QB than LolPeyton.

Your hate for Brady is well documented. All I want you to say is Brady will forever and always be a better QB than LolPeyton.

987.gif

I actually would have. I thought he was already GOAT with 4 rings and 7 appearances. Granted, coming up short on the comeback would have been rough, but to even be in the game at that point. I'm not gonna pretend like SB 51 alone makes Tom the GOAT. It's what he has achieved throughout his entire career together that makes him the best ever. People can scream that he should've lost against the Falcons and the Seahawks, but he got fucked by Tyree and Manningham. The cookie crumbled already. No point proposing what if scenarios when Tom's legacy is written now. Can't pretend like the Falcons and Seahawks SBs are irrelevant because he won them with a bit of luck.

183-52 record. 61.5k passing yards and counting. 456 TDs to 152 INTs. 529 TDs to 183 INTs if you include playoffs. Just over 70.5k passing yards if you include playoffs. 25-9 record in playoffs. Never had a season with more 15 or more INTs. 97.2 career passer rating. 5-time SB champ with 4 SB MVPs. 12-time pro bowler. 2-time first team all-pro. 2-time second team all-pro. 2-time league MVP. If we're talking legacy, it's not disputable. If we're talking legacy/talent, I'd still argue it's not disputable. Brady has best legacy and is still a top 10 all-time QB in terms of talent. Probably top 5. Nobody else in that top tier talent like Rod can match what Tom has accomplished.

Edited by Chernobyl426