Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Antonio Brown: NFL's highest paid WR

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown

Steelers signed WR Antonio Brown to a four-year, $68 million extension through 2021.

Including a $19 million signing bonus, the extension will pay Brown $17 million annually and makes him the NFL's highest-paid wide receiver, passing A.J. Green's $15 million annual average. The top wideout of his generation -- and arguably the best we've seen since Randy Moss -- Brown has 100-plus catches in four straight years and double-digit touchdowns in three straight. Brown turns 29 in July. Because his game relies on route running and not elite athleticism, Brown should age well into his 30s.

Well deserved, guess we can put to rest rumors of Pittsburgh trying to trade Brown for at least this year.

It's about time. I have been waiting for this for a while for a few reasons.

The first he has been the bargain of the NFL for to long. It is about time the steelers cap space should reflect having an all pro wide receiver instead of paying him as much as a guy like Jeremy Maclin.

The second is that as much as I dislike the Steelers team, I have an affinity for some their players and AB has never been anything but class. I remember when he and Sanders was up for a deal and Sanders held out and the steelers were like,"OK, we will pay the guy that shows up." Apparently, they made the right choice. I am glad his pay reflects where he is at in the league. There is really only one guy that is on his level.

• Upvote 2