Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

UPDATE: Jamaal Charles signs w/Broncos

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4617/jamaal-charles

Chiefs released RB Jamaal Charles.

The expected move saves Kansas City $6.2 million in cap space. 30-year-old Charles struggled to get on the field in 2016 while battling injuries to both knees following a 2015 ACL tear. He has just 83 carries since the end of the 2014 season. One of the NFL's most dynamic all-purpose backs in his prime, Charles incredibly hit or topped 5.0 yards per carry in each of his first eight seasons. Some team may bring Charles to camp, but his NFL future is in serious doubt.

Going to be interesting to see what team rolls the dice on him. Medium-ish risk, but with the potential to pay off big time if he can stay healthy. Edited by FartWaffles

Saw some betting side had the Packers as the odds on favorite to sign him. They don't know Ted Thompson very well. Lol

I think he could definately end up in Green Bay, but I don't think he has much left in the tank to offer.

From a skill set wise, he's a guy the Packers would love, for sure... But, idk. Haha.

Would love to see Jamaal Charles return to form, hell 75% of his form is a good player that can add to most teams but those injuries the past couple years and his age...gonna be tough.

I hope the Eagles do take a shot on him. Charles won't cost much of anything because of the past two season. He's far from reliable at this point due to his last 2 injury riddled seasons but the reward is worth the risk at this point especially considering how bad our back field is. He's a versatile threat and would fit great in Pederson's scheme (Charles ex- O coordinator). Keep his load light rotating other backs in and hope he stays healthy. Add Charles and dump Ryan Mathews (with his contract) who is injury prone as well and maybe draft a guy.

Edited by Dutch

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4617/jamaal-charles/1

Broncos agreed to terms with RB Jamaal Charles, formerly of the Chiefs, on a one-year contract.

Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the deal is worth "up to" $3.75 million. The base is probably in the $2 million range. One of the most unique runners in NFL history, Charles used to be guaranteed to average 5.0 yards per carry or better, but has been limited to eight games by knee issues over the past two years. He turned 30 in December. Charles is a high-upside flier for a backfield that badly needed reinforcements, but is a question mark for the time being. For now, C.J. Anderson should be considered the Broncos' starter. Everything could change if Charles flashes glimpses of his old self in camp and the preseason. Charles is expected to miss most, if not all, of the offseason program.

Oh how badly I want to see flashes of the old Jamaal.

Washed up. Having to play in the AFCW will be rough on him.

Damn...Broncos scored here. Charles gon' make the Chiefs regret it, I hope.

Wish I shared your optimism about Charles because his prime absolutely stacks up with some of the all time greats but once RB's start to get older though and the injuries pile up that's pretty much all she wrote. How many games has he played in the last 2 years?

He's probably done, but there's always a possibility with a guy like him. If not, the Broncos lose nothing for trying.

Wish I shared your optimism about Charles because his prime absolutely stacks up with some of the all time greats but once RB's start to get older though and the injuries pile up that's pretty much all she wrote. How many games has he played in the last 2 years?

He's my favorite non-Steeler RB ever. I just wanna see him be great again. :(

This.

Damn...Broncos scored here. Charles gon' make the Chiefs regret it, I hope.