Sign in to follow this  
FartWaffles

Saints flip the Byrd

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5307/jairus-byrd

Saints released FS Jairus Byrd.

The move will officially take place of the first day of the league year, March 9, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Signed to a massive six-year, $54 million contract in 2014, which at the time made Byrd the league's highest-paid safety, Byrd missed 15 games his first two seasons in New Orleans and then was benched in 2016. There's no other way to put it than to say Byrd was a colossal bust. There's a good chance the Saints will designate Byrd as a post-June 1 cut, which would save $7.8 million in cap space in 2017. Byrd turns 31 this year.

What the hell happened to this guy?!

He was one of the top Safeties in the league while playing for the Bills and I thought it was such a great get for the Saints when they signed him as a free agent. I don't think anybody predicted this outcome.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I wanted him so bad... Phew. Bullet Dodged. lol

Sucks when such a promising career gets derailed by injuries. I wanted him on the Eagles too. Tough to say bullet doged because you can never predict injuries. Hopefully the guy gets another chance somewhere and he plays back to his capability.

The Eagles most definitely dodged a bullet here because this was the year we were looking to add a safety because of how terrible our back end was. Looking back, we made the right choice in signing Malcolm Jenkins.