Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

2017 TGP NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Those crisp and harsh winter days are slowly beginning to fade along the horizon and in their stead comes the brightness of a new season -- Spring. With it comes horribly worthless 40 times, questionably valuable wonderlic scores, QB hand measurements, and of course the annual TGP Mock Draft game!

I believe this is the 7th? Inception of this game? It's one of my favorite activities all year and something I am proud to take part of -- as I hope you are as well.

Quick run-down for those who may be new since last year, if you have played before, feel free to skip this area:
----------------------------------
If you are new to the site or haven't participated before, let me tell you how it works. You and other members will take on the responsibility of becoming the GM for any team in the league you desire. You will then await your teams turn in the draft order and at that time take the best available player for your team, according to nobody but yourself.

We use the official NFL draft order including all previously established trades between NFL teams. For example, if you decide to take on the job of Buffalo Bills GM, your first round pick will actually belong to the Cleveland Browns thanks to the trade up during the 2014 NFL Draft to select WR Sammy Watkins.

This thread will serve as the sign-up for that process.
-------------------------------------

The last two years have been really fantastic in terms of speed and just getting this thing churned out. Skips are really becoming a thing of the past, which is awesome to see.

As you regulars probably know, we aren't getting any bigger as a community, which means fewer of us will have to take on more to make this game work. Honestly, I don't even mind doing it if me and one other person alternate picks (although, I'd rather that not be the case, lol).

Quick shoutout to Every.Single.Member. that has every played this game or taken part of it in any way. Whether you GM one team or four, whether you help proxy or help me put the rounds up on the mega thread or edit picks... Past, present, and future -- Thank you. You guys rock.

TL;DR Version:
Sign-Ups are open! I am almost guaranteeing 2nd or even 3rd teams for who want (and even for those of you who don't). But I'd still like this to be as balanced as possible, so we will stick with the 1 team opening and go from there.

1. Cleveland Browns -- Bucman

2. San Francisco 49ers -- Weapon
3. Chicago Bears
4. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Vin
5. LA Rams -- Cherry
6. NY Jets
7. LA Chargers
8. Carolina Panthers -- Thanatos
9. Cincinnati Bengals -- Cherry
10. Buffalo Bills -- Bangy
11. New Orleans Saints -- Sean
12. Philadelphia Eagles -- Weapon
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Indianapolis Colts -- Warhorse
15. Minnesota Vikings
16. Baltimore Ravens -- Bjorn
17. Washington Redskins -- Bjorn
18. Tennessee Titans -- Air / Oochy
19. Tampa Bay -- Dmac
20. Denver Broncos -- Razor
21. Detroit Lions -- Dmac
22. Miami Dolphins -- Vin
23. New York Giants -- Bangy
24. Oakland Raiders -- Atl
25. Houston Texans -- Fart
26. Seattle Seahawks -- BC
27. Kansas City Chiefs -- F4E
28. Dallas Cowboys
29. Green Bay Packers -- F4E
30. Pittsburgh Steelers
31. Atlanta Falcons -- Razor
32. New England Patriots -- Air

NOTE: This does not reflect actual Round 1 Order, just using this for purpose of sign-ups.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Downvote 1

Ground Floor! Give me the Broncos this year.

I'll take the Rams.

As much as I love the draft season, this is certainly my favorite part.

Ooch or Ace needs to take the Titans for once.

If they don't, I'll take them.

I really need to study up on this class...

I'll take the Texans, obviously.

I really need to study up on this class...

I'll take the Texans, obviously.

I think I may have some insider info for you :smug:

• Upvote 1

Give me the best team in the NFL

Sorry, I am going to take the Packers. Who is your second choice?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:yep:

I think I may have some insider info for you :smug:

Oh I'll definitely use it for reference, but I'm going to study film myself. Just not at the crazy Kiper-ian level that you are. :laugh:

• Upvote 2

Give me my eagles

You really should have let me have them so I could do them justice.

I guess I'll take the Saints since idt we have any Saints fans here. If there are openings I could maybe take another team.

Edited by seanbrock

I'll take the Giants boys.

What is our goal for a date to start this thing up?

Last year we started on March 18th, it took us roughly 40 days to complete and we had a day or two to spare. Ideally I say we just start around the same time.. The draft itself is a day earlier (to line up the weekend) so we should probably do about the same. The 17th is on a Thursday this year and just under two weeks away.

To speed the process along possibly I will te atively take Miami too seeing ad how we don't have any active Phone fans. If somebody without a team wants them at any point they can have them.

I think we should indicate people's second team and include in the description as long as it is already that those teams would still be up for grabs. The more people involved the better this game is.

Edited by seanbrock

We will add second team in a few days. It'll also give me time to get the first round or more typed up and ready for the start of the game

I figure I'll do my usual proxy service since I don't know the players past the first rounders, but if you need me to take a team I can do the Titans

I will take on the Redskins.

Last year we started on March 18th, it took us roughly 40 days to complete and we had a day or two to spare. Ideally I say we just start around the same time.. The draft itself is a day earlier (to line up the weekend) so we should probably do about the same. The 17th is on a Thursday this year and just under two weeks away.

Given the addition of trading compensation picks, should we start a couple days earier? I don't know if it will cause that much of a difference, but it's 32 more picks which can be moved around.

FYI y'all know I'm down for the Bengals if we don't have anyone come in wanting em. We're grabbing participants fast tho :ooo: