Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

2017 TGP NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Weve Been havin problems at work, people next in line can go i guess i might not get a chance until 6-8

I sympathize with this. But the time it took you to write this post means you could've picked. If life is THAT hectic, put a mini board together, send it to someone else so you can get proxied for , etc.

There are viable solutions available.

• Upvote 2

Someone in the shout box said they were sure I'd proxy picks. I am always happy to and have in the past. BC knows this and I'm pretty positive he has my number from previous games.

If BC doesn't pick by 12:38 AM, strip his fucking team. This is outrageous. You aren't too busy to not pick in a 24 hour span twice.

Zack covered the proxy stuff just fine. As mentioned we've ALWAYS had people willing to proxy. And while I will never voice an opinion against proxies, especially for players like Bangy... That's merely one option.

The best way to be part of the draft when you are busy or have little time is.... to be prepared. I knew my Browns 4th round pick shortly after I made my Browns 3rd round pick. I have a couple of backups in mind if he were to get selected. I knew my last Packers pick more than a round before I made it.

I know there are people out there that like researching right before they pick and while they are on the clock (I am looking at you Vin), but that doesn't work for everyone. That only works when you know you will be on the site and you know you will have that time available.

If you don't... Take 10 minutes (or however long you have to spare) to look at prospects. Target guys you'd be interested and have them in mind... Then, when you are actually on the clock, you can literally log in and pick in 30 seconds. Like, today for example... BC got on, posted both here and in the shoutbox that he won't be around to make his pick right away.

While I appreciate, and again sympathize with work troubles, in that time that you were already logging in (not knowing you are on the clock)... A pick could have easily been made if even a slight effort or thought went into it ahead of time.

Even if you are the busiest MOFO on the planet, all you need is 60 seconds. Barring a death or something extreme, I just don't think there is much of an excuse to run through an entire 24 hours.

• Upvote 2

Conor Harris will end up being the first or second best ILB in this draft class. idk who's radar he was on so it might be a bit of a reach but I don't pick again with the Saints for a while so I took a guy who could really help this defense. Guy has zero hesitation in his game and plays down hill. His high football IQ and motor will have him in on most plays, especially around the line of scrimmage.

Here's what we are gonna do Mr. BC. Because I am a nice guy, we are going to share the Seahawks until the draft is over. The only leeway you are getting with time is however long it takes me to log in and see you on the clock, so this is what I suggest:

If you have a decent amount of time in the near future:
Take a look at a bunch of different prospects, find who you like, who you want to target. Come up with a large board and send it to me. When you are up on the clock, I will just follow your board exactly until no players remain and you can restock / update your board with new guys whenever.

If you have just a meh amount of time:
Make a smaller board for the time being. Give me a few guys you really like for the Seahawks and we will go from there. If they are all taken by the time you are up and I am on, I will make a judgement call and hopefully find a guy somewhat close to the others you listed..

If you really don't have any time:
Send me a list of positions you want the Seahawks to target and I will do the rest.

If you are on the clock and on the forum before me, you can still go ahead and make your picks like normal. If you are up and I am online but you aren't I will either follow your board or in the case of no board, I will do whatever the hell I want to keep the game moving.

I am basically forcing you to proxy, do what you will with that.

EDIT: Looks like you only have one pick left anyway.. AWESOME! :D

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You suck, Air.

Hopefully I didn't take another player who was taken lol

• Upvote 1

Myrick is one of the few corners with the speed to play on the outside in the NFL. Pretty happy to grab him top of the 4th

• Upvote 1

Ben may have the speed but can he develop the actual skills to matchup with NFL WRs ?

Holy shit, I'm back on the clock.

And yea, I was a little tripped out with seeing Cherry pick a guy before, I thought I was the Rams for a second.

Leonard Fournette, RB

Tim Williams, DE/OLB

Jake Butt, TE

Chad Wheeler, OT

Tarrell Basham, DE

The Panthers understand that they currently have three above average pass rushers- Mario Addison, Julius Peppers, and Charles Johnson. Two of those three are likely in their final two seasons in the NFL. Thus, doubling down on the DE position, especially when Basham has such a high ceiling, makes perfect sense here.

Someone will likely take Basham before here, all it takes is one team. The level of competition was not good, but he was a beast last year and has all the physical features you want in a DE.

Edited by Thanatos

DMack :yes:

• Upvote 1

The Vikings need offensive line so bad that it honestly doesn't make sense not to stock up like this. I think I've done a pretty good job of that so far though. In a year or two with a draft like this offensive line could go from a weakness to a strength. Their defense is already young. Lets see if some of these offensive linemen can get that run game going and make Bradford as least a factor as possible lol.

Edited by seanbrock

JJ Dielman was the only one remaining in my 4th round cluster but I think he will be a great fit in the Ravens zone blocking scheme. Also helps that I drafted his teammate Asiata.

Wayne Gallman is one of my favorite backs in the draft but I wanted to hold out for one in the later rounds.

I wasn't planning on taking another WR, but the value of Kupp in the fourth was just too good to pass up

• Upvote 1

My pick was between Kupp and Basham. Good pick oochymp.

@Favre: If BC is really doing that, he should just be kicked right now. That's ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

RazorStar : (02 April 2017 - 07:45 PM) Edit icon huh... waiting for DMac huh. Better get Zack to proxy for me, I'm conking out
Zack_of_Steel+ : (02 April 2017 - 08:04 PM) Edit icon If anyone is on and I haven't picked for Razor, please text me. 308-233-2891
Zack_of_Steel+ : (02 April 2017 - 08:07 PM) Edit icon I will be heading to work and will be there most of the night, but will be able to stop to pick whenever, just not keep checking in.

• Upvote 1

Tedric in the 4th is a nice Pick Up