Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

2017 TGP NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Simply could not resist. I know Carolina has a starting QB, but Kaaya in the 6th? At the very least, he will be a far more capable backup than Derek "I like to throw INTs at the one-yard-line" Anderson.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, you'll always get good "value" on QBs in this draft.. Nobody ever takes em'. lol Nice pick though.

• Upvote 1

Reminder that I'm almost always available to make picks. Please! Send me your boards if you aren't gonna be around for next 10ish picks or so. We have 13 days left to make about 60 picks.

Robert Davis is a gamble on upside. Good size, strength, speed, leaping etc. He played at a small school. The thing about this guy is he doesn't play special teams so if he can be a good gunner/5th WR for the Saints maybe he can turn into something.

I like Robert Davis alot, he should be able to take the top off defenses at the very least.

Hard to evaluate guys from schools like that but athletically it's a no-brainer

Yea he won't make it past round 3 in real life. If the Panthers got him, they could develop him into a starter and trade him a year or 2 from now for a ransom. I bet that would work out well for them.

Can never have enough bodies to go after the QB. I think Clements is a decent option as a nickel package or passing down DT to bring some interior pass rush.

Hard to evaluate guys from schools like that but athletically it's a no-brainer

This is the part of the draft that it's totally fine to go after super raw talents. Just look for guys with good height, weight, speed, and pray they develop. Robert Davis is a prime candidate for that. :yep:

So you guys have a week to do round 7. Send me your boards and I'll proxy to help this thing get done.

• Upvote 1

Brisy Estime is 5'8" 186 lbs, but he's not going to see too many offensive snaps and could really make an impact in the return game. Easy to overlook special teams in this process but a good return man can be invaluable in manufacturing points, short fields and flipping the field in a defensive game.

• Upvote 1

Brisy Estime is 5'8" 186 lbs, but he's not going to see too many offensive snaps and could really make an impact in the return game. Easy to overlook special teams in this process but a good return man can be invaluable in manufacturing points, short fields and flipping the field in a defensive game.

Has to not get "that hit"

Yeah, Dante Hall got a couple good years at around that size. Definitely one of the smallest guys in this class.

From what I've seen from him he's a massive 6'8" 310 lb athletic lineman who plays to the whistle. What's not to love about that in the 7th round? Upside pick imo.

Just realized I'm done.

Saints

OJ Howard

Budda Baker

Chidobe Awuzie

Dawuane Smoot

Nico Sirgusa

Connor Harris

Robert Davis

Brad Seaton

Very happy with this haul. I think I was able to add explosive play makers on both sides of the ball. Added depth to the offensive line and imo drafted two starters on defense in the middle rounds. Robert Davis is one of those, lets see what Brees can do with this guy.

Bears

Solomon Thomas

Marlon Humphrey

Pat Elfein

Jaylen Myrick

Isaiah Ford

Alex Anzalone

Brisly Estime

Again, just wanted to add athletic players on defense that can play fast and physical for a good defensive minded head coach. Was happy to get Elfein to anchor that line for years to come and I think I added one of the best return men in the draft in the 7th so I'm happy with this too.

Vikings

Roderick Johnson

Ethan Pocic

Josh Jones

Danny Isadora

Ryan Switzer

Donnel Pumphrey

Jarrod Clements

Richie Brown

It's no secret that the Vikings biggest need is offensive line and I found the depth of talent in this draft really perfect for the Vikings. I was able to draft based on need but also on value. I added a defensive back who is absolute beast for Zimmer to turn into an all pro and on offense I added some guys that really fit what Sam Bradford is comfortable with. Pumphrey also is a perfect change of pace back for their RBBC.

Edited by seanbrock

Very nice job of balancing this draft for the Titans. John Ross on that team with the way they run the football, I like the defensive players you picked too. Titans would be well on their way to dominating the AFCS. Might take a couple years to unseat the Texans being that they already have an elite defense, but the Titans are young.

I have to wait to the very end until I'm done. Woo.

I'm all done now boys so no reason to not get this done before hand.

Btw how the fuck did Marquel Lee make it into the 7th? I may not have the scouting expertise as Cheryl but Lee is one of the top inside LBs in this draft.

He's a leader, has great tackling and game understanding for a college player and he's going to be a 3 down linebacker.

Lee in the 7th is a God damn steal

Aren't too many places for relatively slow LBs on most NFL rosters...

I agree and this effects his instincts in the passing game but he has a hell of a motor and a good tackler against the run. I feel he's got a shot to surprise people and reminds me a lot of Spencer Paysinger who developed nicely given a shot