Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

2017 TGP NFL Mock Draft Discussion

The guys having the best drafts right now are Dmac's Chargers and Thanatos' Panthers.

Yall talking like you've done great things but you've made shitty trades and crazy reaches while I believe those guys have gotten the best value and and players with all their picks til now

Do any of us really even know what a crazy reach is at this point? It's all an educated guessing game. Some of the picks we've all trashed in years past have turned out to be awesome. Only time will tell.

• Upvote 2

It's all an educated guessing game.

Some of us less educated than others

• Upvote 1

Some of us less educated than others

Say some names ooch, don't be that guy.

I agree, ATL, about the hype, but no one's gonna make a pick in the 3rd round and come in this thread like, "Meh, got stuck with an offensive tackle with poor footwork and short arms. Hope he's in the league in 3 years, but hey, he was at the top of my board!"

• Upvote 2

Say some names ooch, don't be that guy.

I was referring to myself

I agree, ATL, about the hype, but no one's gonna make a pick in the 3rd round and come in this thread like, "Meh, got stuck with an offensive tackle with poor footwork and short arms. Hope he's in the league in 3 years, but hey, he was at the top of my board!"

Meanwhile I'm over here selecting some guy who nobody else in draft community has ever even looked at like "He was #60 on my board and I got him #225! I'M A GENIUS!"

• Upvote 1

The only thing I regret about my draft is I wish I could have got back into the first round to get Cam Robinson. Tried to jump Fart because I knew Houston needed one and he was still there. ATL just didnt want to drop that far down.

I feel like that's what Carolina will try to do in the real draft as well, because while they did sign Kalil, Oher is still in the damn concussion protocol. We need a RT as well.

Leonard Fournette is a pick I hope to god we make at 8, if he's even there at that point. I know they just extended J-Stew a year, but Fournette is AP reincarnated from everything I've seen. He'd improve our offense a ton.

Williams is someone I know Carolina is targeting, and it was a hard choice between him and Baker at this pick, but I went with my gut. Something rubs me the wrong way about Baker, idk.

Butt was only there because of the injury, but all reports are he will be ready by the end of July. Of course, I don't have any medical staff to rely on in the mock, but if Carolina's medical staff clears him, I would have no problem taking him at the bottom of round 2. Was also thinking of taking JuJu here, which I can say now since I see Dmac grabbed him. Like that guy as well.

There are quite a few people that have us taking Howard at 8, but I feel like we need a physical run game more, and Fournette is the only RB in this class that I love.

Edited by Thanatos

Last Active Today, 02:49 PM

I shouldn't be.. but stuff like this really annoys me. lol

• Upvote 2

Hyping your picks and patting yourself on the back is a big part of the fun of this game. We hype other people's picks too. I know I have if somebody took a player I was looking at. Who would play this game without something like the discussion thread to talk shit and hype their prospects? Like if it was just picking the players and that's it? Some people just like to be contrarian I guess, whatever, do you. lol

• Upvote 1

I've said it before with no luck, but I'll say it again; Texans are looking to move up. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

Honestly I wouldn't be against just stripping him of the Seahawks and giving them to Cherry or some shit or whoever else might want them.

BC : (29 March 2017 - 09:19 PM)what up peeps. how yall doin? BC : (29 March 2017 - 09:19 PM)not gunna make my pick, just wanted to check in and see how errbody doin BC : (29 March 2017 - 09:43 PM)jk... ill pick shortly :lol:

Fuck you bro, JD said it. We all have lives but to just intentionally be an asshole like that? I say we just kick him the fuck out of the game.

Hyping your picks and patting yourself on the back is a big part of the fun of this game. We hype other people's picks too. I know I have if somebody took a player I was looking at. Who would play this game without something like the discussion thread to talk shit and hype their prospects? Like if it was just picking the players and that's it? Some people just like to be contrarian I guess, whatever, do you. lol

This is it pretty much. Hyping up the guys you picked has been something that's always happened in the mock drafts here. Shit you've got to give some reason for the pick unless you want to say "I needed a guy that can tackle, he tackles"...

Of all the things to have a complaint about guy this is one of the more meaningless ones with had associated to a mock draft. Also no offence taken, its why I'll usually send a proxy to prevent being a dick.

Edited by Bangy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Idk what BC was doing yesterday but he is usually really quick to pick so I'd give him a pass this time.

Welp. I thought Wheeler was already gone when I made my last pick or I'd've taken him there. He has a shot to go in round 1, IMO.

Leonard Fournette, RB.

Tim Williams, DE/OLB.

Jake Butt, TE.

Chad Wheeler, OT.

Liking this draft a lot so far.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 2

Idk what BC was doing yesterday but he is usually really quick to pick so I'd give him a pass this time.

Yeah I would too if he wasn't an absolute cunt about it and deliberately didn't pick. JD already said it. People have lives, that's understandable and people who have gone over the clock have been apologetic about it. He's just a dickhead.

Third round haul:

Thank you sir and right back at you with Harris^

Current haul:
Ravens - Corey Davis WR, TJ Watt Edge

With Dumervil gone and an aging Suggs, the Ravens needed a extra pass rusher. Ultimately, Watt reminds me of former Raven Paul Kruger but with a higher ceiling. Pretty happy he fell to me.

Redskins - Malik McDowell DL, Jarrad Davis LB

The Redskins biggest need was ILB. Adding Davis is another step towards removing the "soft" characteristic from the Redskins defense. Kirk can get em to the playoffs, the defense needs to take them further.

Ravens - Damontae Kazee CB, Isaac Asiata OL

Mostly a biased pick here with Kazee due to me being an Aztecs fan but I think the value is good. I think Damontae pretty much fills out the Ravens secondary and adds quality depth. Brandon Carr, Jimmy Smith, and Kazee is a solid trio. Just a general point regarding his size: Jason Verrett may be the best corner I have watched in a Chargers uniform and he is only 5'10 as well. Asiata simply shows qualities I like in a offensive lineman: power, grit, versatility, and leadership.

Redskins - Ryan Anderson LB

I actually strongly considered Anderson in the second because I think he brings a certain tenacity to the field. I know I continue to harp on the Redskins soft defense but yeah, I hope these three players contribute to a culture change and toughen up the defense. The question is...will I draft anyone for the offense at this point? :think:

If BC doesn't get his picks in by tonight I vote to replace him with someone else.

• Upvote 2

Let me take his team :devious:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

BC is fucking you guys around. Worst part is, he doesn't give a shit. Honestly seems like he's enjoying it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For being such a twat, I feel he needs to be banned from future drafts.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Weve Been havin problems at work, people next in line can go i guess i might not get a chance until 6-8

• Downvote 3