Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

2017 TGP NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Haven't the Bills already had every Mike Williams in the league?

• Upvote 1

I know the Saints need defense but OJ Howard is just too good to pass up on here.

Only 11 picks in, but you guys are dialed in this year. Not one suspect pick, in my (slightly uninformed) opinion, and several very savvy ones.

Haven't the Bills already had every Mike Williams in the league?

We never had the wr Detroit drafted.

Cardinals get: #14, #155

Eagles get: #13

The Eagles and Arizona have a agreed to a trade for the 13th pick

Eagles

13th

Cardinals

14th pick

5th round

Love the Barnett pick for the Eagles. He's very versatile and just a fundamentally sound football player. Hard hat and lunch pale kind of guy. Extremely consistent too. I think he showed he has explosiveness at the combine too. One of my favorite players in this draft.

• Upvote 2

Love the Barnett pick for the Eagles. He's very versatile and just a fundamentally sound football player. Hard hat and lunch pale kind of guy. Extremely consistent too. I think he showed he has explosiveness at the combine too. One of my favorite players in this draft.

With my Favorite player in this draft tearing his Achilles, I went after my 2nd player on my board in Barnett, we need a DE

I know the Saints need defense but OJ Howard is just too good to pass up on here.

The right move might be to slide down and gain picks. But for that selection OJ is a great get.

Sidney Jones ending up in the hands of a division rival would be devastating to see. He's not a great pick for this upcoming season but he's a HOF caliber player, so no argument from me that he goes 14th overall.

I'm not trading down with a player of Howard's caliber sitting there. Gaining picks is great but if you can get a difference maker you do what you have to to go get them. If they fall right into your lap you don't hesitate. I wasn't even sure he would fall to me. I would have taken Barnett had he not.

Jones had a subpar combine at best, hips looked rough, short arms, relatively skinny, and questionable athleticism for an elite corner. That was before the Achilles injury. He has great ball skills and is very intuitive... But I didn't see a HOF level prospect before. Don't see it now.

Different opinions, I guess.

Tape >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Combine.

Tape >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Combine.

Quoting for emphasis.

This is based on tape as much as it's based on combine performance, etc. I simply bought up the combine because normally that's when you're supposed to make teams forget about some of your question marks and he didn't do that.

He excels in off-man/zone coverage because of his read/react, and mirroring abilities, and is a 1st rd. prospect, but he struggles with man/press coverage, and the physical attributes I bought up play a large role in that. Weird, sometimes slow hips and questionable footwork hurts him when dealing with multiple cuts, small frame allows for bigger receivers to shrug him off ​, I'm not basing this on any one thing...

...Because DMac doesn't watch tape? C'mon guys. :yao:

No, because the majority of his post was on combine stuff.

LOVE the Barnett pick for the Eagles. Nice job, Weapon.

• Upvote 1

He blew out his Achilles .. you won't even remember Sindey jones beyond this draft. And if we do, it's simply gonna be a feel good story that he's able to get on the field at all...

It's unfortunate, but he's not doing any noteworthy.

Unless it's from the bench.

I'm disappointed there hasn't been more interest in the 18th pick, I know someone wants Watson

Assuming the Redskins don't take him :smug:

He blew out his Achilles .. you won't even remember Sindey jones beyond this draft. And if we do, it's simply gonna be a feel good story that he's able to get on the field at all...

It's unfortunate, but he's not doing any noteworthy.

Unless it's from the bench.

Feel bad for that Sindey Jones guy. Excited to see what Sidney Jones does though.

Working......my fave CB's gone. I've decided against Tabor at this slot. Thinking between Reddick and Lamp...or maybe ?

Working......my fave CB's gone. I've decided against Tabor at this slot. Thinking between Reddick and Lamp...or maybe ?

Just a general heads up, we only name players who have been drafted in the discussion thread. No dig here as I know it's your first one here

Just a general heads up, we only name players who have been drafted in the discussion thread. No dig here as I know it's your first one here

More as a strategic thing than anything else tho, if he wants to tell us his draft board why stop him?
  • Upvote 2