Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Random Draft Stuff

Quarterbacks coming out of a system like Mahomes' just don't succeed in the NFL.. I am not college expert but... Maybe is.. Nick Foles the best ?

I mean, the bar is set really low, and it's not impossible for Mahomes to buck the trend... Somebody has to... right? Right? That just seems like such a HUGE risk to me. I am not a fan of his to begin with, but even putting that aside, I try to think about selecting him and it just makes me uneasy.

A lot of people believe he was running much more complicated concepts than the typical spread quarterback. The leveraging on a lot of routes and ability to look off the safety as deep passes develop is huge for his supporters. It still doesn't excuse the amount of poor decisions and inconsistencies in his game as a whole.

Quarterbacks coming out of a system like Mahomes' just don't succeed in the NFL.. I am not college expert but... Maybe is.. Nick Foles the best ?

I mean, the bar is set really low, and it's not impossible for Mahomes to buck the trend... Somebody has to... right? Right? That just seems like such a HUGE risk to me. I am not a fan of his to begin with, but even putting that aside, I try to think about selecting him and it just makes me uneasy.

This one QB from Cal that now plays for the Packers came from a very similar offense... You might know the guy. ;)

Aaron Rodgers was not an Air Raid QB... i may be college football retarded, but I know Tedford ran a pro style offense.

Edited by Banned4Ever

Spicy Hot Takes:

Ahkello Witherspoon is the second CB off the board

Mitchell Trubisky falls out of the top ten

Denver does not end up taking an Offensive Tackle in the first round

Buffalo is going to make a massive 'reach' when they pick.

There will be 5 trades in the first round.

Cherry is gonna be salty

Michigan LB/S Jabrill Peppers failed his Combine drug test.

Peppers had a diluted sample, which counts as a failed test. It puts him in the same boat as Alabama ILB Reuben Foster, who also turned in a diluted sample. It's especially bad news for Peppers, as he was already swimming against the first round current. The college star lacks a clear position.

Dumbies gonna dumb.

I doubt that teams actually buy the stories they pitched, but it's whatever. They'll still be early round picks at the absolute least.

My boy Gareon Conley will be the #2 CB off the board. If the world was just then he would be #1 because of Marshon's injury history (I realize the irony in this looking back on it lol), but Conley will get his.

Also, I agree with JD. I know next to nothing about how to analyze a draft prospect - let alone a QB prospect - but Mahomes just seems like such a huge risk. It seems like I stopped reading B/R for a month and then I went back on and he was being talked up as a Top 15 pick.

Edited by OSUViking

I'd be obligated to say lmao Gareon Conley but another party was potentially harmed. I can't comment on whether the allegations are true. Let's say they are. What goes through a person's head when they do this? I just can't comprehend. I don't understand why at the very least from a totally selfish point of view they can't say "This will come and bite me in the ass and destroy my career". Now let's say they aren't. Surely, players have to realize that there are shitbags out there who will throw around false accusations. I have never understood why they even risk it. This of course is coming from a highly asocial college student with no game.

If they are true send him to prison. If not, kill her.

I'd be obligated to say lmao Gareon Conley but another party was potentially harmed. I can't comment on whether the allegations are true. Let's say they are. What goes through a person's head when they do this? I just can't comprehend. I don't understand why at the very least from a totally selfish point of view they can't say "This will come and bite me in the ass and destroy my career". Now let's say they aren't. Surely, players have to realize that there are shitbags out there who will throw around false accusations. I have never understood why they even risk it. This of course is coming from a highly asocial college student with no game.

Don't worry, Conley apparently has no game either if true.

Ok guys...reactions to last night? Obviously we could talk at length about all 32 picks, but here's one thought I have currently.

We heard so much talk about how deep a defensive draft this was. Great edge rusher class, good linebacker class, stellar cornerback class, on and on and on. So, what happens in the top 10 picks?

Two quarterbacks. Two running backs. Three receivers.

The receivers really surprise me, particularly Williams to the Chargers and Ross to the Bengals, given the defensive talent that was on the board.

Is there a more Raiders pick than taking a (alleged) rapist? I mean, of course it had to be them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think teams saw a shallow offensive skill class and figured they'd have to be aggressive to get those guys. I feel like that's putting the cart before the horse and is going to cause these teams to suffer in the long run. Houston got fleeced by Cleveland, and Tennessee messed it up for everyone by taking Davis first.

I have reservations about Dalvin Cook. People kept saying RB was a huge issue, but I saw it as a minor need compared to OL. I get the OL class is weak, but there had to be a more compelling option at the time. Maybe he'll be great and I'll eat my words, but I was not a fan of drafting a WR or RB in the second round. Really? Didn't want to touch that til the 4th round at earliest. I'm confident that Jerrick McKinnon can be effective with solid blocking.

Happy with the Elflein pick. I wanted either him or Dan Feeney. I think he'll be G for us at first, and then gradually replace Joe Berger. Interior of our line shouldn't be the issue now, but who knows? I didn't pay much attention to Alex Boone last year. Was he effective?

I remember looking on B/R's draft board and seeing that the Vikings had 3 3rd round picks in stock, with one of them picking Elflein. They were on the clock for the first of them, and then I went away to get food and didn't check back with the draft for another hour or so. Then I saw they had traded and only had one left, and then they traded that one too. I think we have three 4th round picks. It irked me simply because I really only care about the draft to see what the Vikings pick. Not having any Minnesota picks makes for a boring draft. But is it smart considering the depth of this draft class?

I love our first two picks with Conley and Obi.

Reggie had his reach of the draft with Pedo DT Vanderdoes from UCLA tho

Why do I have a feeling a team in the 20's would be the silver and black. We would've given up way too much for the deal. But the idiots that we are didn't take him at 24. I like Conley, but this draft was loaded with corners...

Hell we got Obi with our second rounder and he was a first round prospect.

Obi's a safety...

Obi's a safety...

Plenty of corners we could've taken in the second or third round that would've been fine. What I'm saying is teams were playing stupid games and making very stupid reaches and we could've picked Foster in the first and then get a corner in a second with the way talent was sliding.

• Upvote 1